Author Topic: How hard is life where you live?  (Read 11794 times)

ElPolloSalmonello

• Getbig III
Re: How hard is life where you live?
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2020, 12:03:51 PM »
Life in America is easy compared to anywhere else.  All you have to do is try and you can do just about anything unless you are mentally ill or handicapped.

This is not true. I have lived in
Knoxville, TN
Los Angeles
Breda, Netherlands
Copenhagen, Demark
Tokyo and Toyama, Japan
Bangkok, Thailand

They all had their charms - but US was not better/easier in any significant way. Not worse and not bad. Just not this superior place people claim it is. To me US is like Europe - the different states have quite different cultures - this is cool within a single country.

LA weather takes some beating though.

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2020, 12:18:40 PM »
You can do anything in the US with hard work. The trouble is that kids bought up in the US do not want to work hard. They were led to believe if they got a college degree people would be so impressed with that they would give them an office and a secretary. Their 80K car would be in the parking lot. After work they would go to their big house with a beautiful pool in the back. The reality is they work cash register jobs because no one will hire them.

The reality is that percentage wise foreigners that come to this country are making it big because they see the opportunity. I will give you two examples. Two Polish brothers came to this country with nothing. They saw Mexicans doing roofing for their white boss who hung back and watching them work on a roof in 90 degree weather like dogs. They asked the Mexicans what they were being paid looking for work and it was $100 a day which the Mexicans  were really happy about. They asked what the boss charged for the roof and they found it was $6K for the two day job on a medium house. The next week the two Polish guys were roofers on their own. Today they have a staff and drive monster pick up trucks. Both live in nice houses. They do mainly commercial roofs now.

Another is this Vietnamese guy. He came to this country almost like an indentured slave and worked in a nail salon.  He learned the business front and back. Saved enough with another nail worker to get a store front. The women come in and out all day dropping $40 plus bucks. Soon they had nail salons all over the place. The one guy I talk to lives in a very rich town where the cheapest house is well over 700K.

mexicans dont get citizenship, dont pay taxes, and have no ssn

they can fuck off right back to their uneducated shithole

not everyone needs labor jobs, or dishwashers

the polish could read and write and acted accordingly

park your car on your lawn and fly a mexican flag

youll get jack shit sympathy from me, or any other red blooded american

i didnt get a high school dimploma

got a ged

went to college but didnt graduate

worked as a indipendant contractor for majority of my life

was my own boss. relied only on myself and my skills to hustle and earn money.

now im pretty much done working, will work if there is a great opportunity to make lots of cash. and unclaimable cash.

not gonna pay for you old folks anymore to cry, bitch, and whine

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2020, 12:23:27 PM »

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2020, 12:27:27 PM »
ha,  i like it!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2020, 12:35:11 PM »
Life is great!

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2020, 12:37:30 PM »
In Bangkok - it's mixed.

It's really hard to find a good job - but really easy to find a $1000 a month crappy teaching support job and live like a pauper.

That was an interesting read.

What is a teaching support job? A teacher's assistant? Why is that job easy to find, because you're referring specifically to English teaching jobs and that's an easy job for English speakers to find employment at?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2020, 12:43:50 PM »
Life was great in Sweden before 2000s

70s, 80s, and even the 90s were heavenly times compared to 2010+

Only highlight of 2010-2020 was a wonderful relationship, but even shining lights like that get clouded by how Society has changed around you, where you have to worry about children walking home alone from school, and not just the young ones, even your elderly are attacked , robbed and worse. My 90-year old father who (at that time) could walk outside with the aid of a Walker was robbed by some Sandneeguls.

Our children get taught liberal shit in School and how Trump is to blame for everything, the brainwashing, you even have to worry about their classmates bad influence (so many muslim teenagers now raping and assaulting them) and such.

Can we buy cheap groceries? Sure, but at what price? So many areas are becoming unsafe these days and the Police is lax.

They(muslims/immigrants etc) can say (kill whitey, im going to rape your family etc) and do whatever they please without repercussions, but if we criticize Islam or Immigration in any way, we are fined or even sent to prison. Police coming to take our books, laptops, cellphones etc.

It's a crazy world we're living in.

Three very problematic groups in Sweden these days, North-Africans, Middle-Easterners and Afghans, that destroy life-quality for every region they start to congregate in.

I miss the days when we just had drunken polish people around. Loved those.

Q

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2020, 12:47:23 PM »
where else could or would you move kwon?

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2020, 12:55:06 PM »
I live in San Jose, California. Life is pretty easy for me now but it was not always so. I spent 3.5 years as live in caregiver to a dying woman and I still live here rent free with her widowed husband.

Its very easy to find work and the lowest paid jobs pay 15 an hour. Monthly you would see around 2k a month after taxes. Rent is usually impossible to pay if you are single. A room for rent in san jose is between 800-1200 a one bedroom apartment easily 1800 month. I would live in my car with my cat before i paid that much. If you cannot afford a mortgage i say move away as i am doing. I moving to texas.

Anyway with your degree you would make easily 80k a year easily and if you lived where i do engineers make 150k yearly easily.

Move to the us. There is very little crime where i live i often leave my keys in my car with the windows down when im tired and have never had an issue. I know all my neighbors and all the local drug dealers which probably helps.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2020, 01:02:03 PM »
where else could or would you move kwon?
Don't know. Too tired, too old. No energy left.
Q

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2020, 01:05:20 PM »
I swam through crocodile infested lakes
Over hills and valleys
With snipers in the trees
In my bare feet through snow and lava m
Just to get to school

Soft bastard

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2020, 01:25:46 PM »
i live in switzerland and i really like it  :D

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2020, 01:27:40 PM »
I live in San Jose, California. Life is pretty easy for me now but it was not always so. I spent 3.5 years as live in caregiver to a dying woman and I still live here rent free with her widowed husband.

Its very easy to find work and the lowest paid jobs pay 15 an hour. Monthly you would see around 2k a month after taxes. Rent is usually impossible to pay if you are single. A room for rent in san jose is between 800-1200 a one bedroom apartment easily 1800 month. I would live in my car with my cat before i paid that much. If you cannot afford a mortgage i say move away as i am doing. I moving to texas.

Anyway with your degree you would make easily 80k a year easily and if you lived where i do engineers make 150k yearly easily.

Move to the us. There is very little crime where i live i often leave my keys in my car with the windows down when im tired and have never had an issue. I know all my neighbors and all the local drug dealers which probably helps.

john

do you have a older sister?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2020, 01:28:07 PM »
i live in switzerland and i really like it  :D

I've only heard good things about Switzerland.

You don't have the problem Sweden, UK or France has for one!
Q

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2020, 01:32:43 PM »
I live in massachusetts. My life is good,I make good money far from rich and far from poor.family is healthy and happy,I buy what I like and do lots of things.plenty of work as a contractor.hings are good for now.who knows what the future holds.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2020, 01:41:29 PM »
Knoxville, TN
Los Angeles
Breda, Netherlands
Copenhagen, Demark
Tokyo and Toyama, Japan
Bangkok, Thailand

They all had their charms - but US was not better/easier in any significant way. Not worse and not bad. Just not this superior place people claim it is. To me US is like Europe - the different states have quite different cultures - this is cool within a single country.

Early in my career i traveled all over the world, mostly to remote areas to build infrastructure, so i haven't lived in many big cities overseas.  I never saw any place that had the same opportunity as here in America, but maybe i didn't visit the right places.  I guess that's what i meant, the opportunity to do anything you want here is amazing to me.  There is no excuse not to be successful here IMO.  Out of all the places i traveled, i never wanted to stay there permanently, except maybe Germany.  I worked/lived near Baden Baden for a while and fell in love with the place, if it weren't for all the refugees taking over that area at the time i probably would have stayed.

I like Thailand too, but Bangkok is not my thing, too many people there.  A good friend of mine lives near Phuket, absolutely loves it there.  I've visited a few times and understand why he likes it but it's just to different for me.  Plus i can't stand the heat.  He got lucky and married a lady with money, her family runs a resort on the beach and they are very well off.  I could see myself retiring there, but i'm not sure i'd want to move there now.

You are right that every place has a different appeal to it, i think as i've gotten older i find different things appealing as well.  I'd rather live in a small sleepy town that has good weather and excellent outdoors activities, then be stuck in the concrete jungle like where i grew up in Houston.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2020, 01:51:00 PM »
You can do anything in the US with hard work. The trouble is that kids bought up in the US do not want to work hard. They were led to believe if they got a college degree people would be so impressed with that they would give them an office and a secretary. Their 80K car would be in the parking lot. After work they would go to their big house with a beautiful pool in the back. The reality is they work cash register jobs because no one will hire them.

The reality is that percentage wise foreigners that come to this country are making it big because they see the opportunity. I will give you two examples. Two Polish brothers came to this country with nothing. They saw Mexicans doing roofing for their white boss who hung back and watching them work on a roof in 90 degree weather like dogs. They asked the Mexicans what they were being paid looking for work and it was $100 a day which the Mexicans  were really happy about. They asked what the boss charged for the roof and they found it was $6K for the two day job on a medium house. The next week the two Polish guys were roofers on their own. Today they have a staff and drive monster pick up trucks. Both live in nice houses. They do mainly commercial roofs now.

Another is this Vietnamese guy. He came to this country almost like an indentured slave and worked in a nail salon.  He learned the business front and back. Saved enough with another nail worker to get a store front. The women come in and out all day dropping $40 plus bucks. Soon they had nail salons all over the place. The one guy I talk to lives in a very rich town where the cheapest house is well over 700K.

This.  All truth.

Note: Regarding leaving your car unlocked with the windows open all night...no, you can't do that.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2020, 01:58:34 PM »

America is a great country. What we call poor here is luxury in most of the world. TV, internet, cable, car.... Poor people in the US are mostly fat. Hunger is not a problem here. It's over eating. Minimum wage here will get you around $350/wk after taxes. With one roommate you can rent a decent apartment. If you follow a few basic rules: graduate from high school, don't get involved in drugs and the police, get a job -- any job, and stick with it and work hard you are guaranteed to move up the ladder if you want to. I know two people from high school. One worked at Jack-in-the-Box as a teenager and stuck with it. It's the one and only job he ever had. Today he is a District Manager and making over a 100 grand a year. Another did the exact same thing working for Walmart. Started bagging groceries and bringing in the shopping carts and now making over a $100,000. Now I don't mean you have to stay in one job. But keep working and other opportunities start to present itself. And this is for those that can't afford or don't want to go to college. It's even better if you can get an education.

I wish I could take every crybaby, ungrateful, America-hating ingrate and ship them off to third world countries like yours and let them see how the rest of the world have to live. They would kiss the ground of this country.

This is a bodybuilding board. For many most here that do serious bodybuilding their biggest problem in life is having the time and desire to eat every three hours so they don't go "catabolic."

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2020, 02:05:49 PM »

America is a great country. What we call poor here is luxury in most of the world. TV, internet, cable, car.... Poor people in the US are mostly fat. Hunger is not a problem here. It's over eating. Minimum wage here will get you around $350/wk after taxes. With one roommate you can rent a decent apartment. If you follow a few basic rules: graduate from high school, don't get involved in drugs and the police, get a job -- any job, and stick with it and work hard you are guaranteed to move up the ladder if you want to. I know two people from high school. One worked at Jack-in-the-Box as a teenager and stuck with it. It's the one and only job he ever had. Today he is a District Manager and making over a 100 grand a year. Another did the exact same thing working for Walmart. Started bagging groceries and bringing in the shopping carts and now making over a $100,000. Now I don't mean you have to stay in one job. But keep working and other opportunities start to present itself. And this is for those that can't afford or don't want to go to college. It's even better if you can get an education.

I wish I could take every crybaby, ungrateful, America-hating ingrate and ship them off to third world countries like yours and let them see how the rest of the world have to live. They would kiss the ground of this country.

This is a bodybuilding board. For many most here that do serious bodybuilding their biggest problem in life is having the time and desire to eat every three hours so they don't go "catabolic."

I agree 100%.  Seen many people who barely made it out of high school earn six figures just by working up the chain at average jobs.

BTW - I almost missed  the "anabolic window" reading this thread after my afternoon arm session.  Still bodybuilding related.  ;D

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2020, 02:11:12 PM »
Tldr but life is very hard here. Just a few days ago the server at the coffee shop forgot to put sprinkles on my iced frappe latte

Snowflakes,Antifa & Straw could not live soy (from Brazil) latte !.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2020, 02:15:05 PM »
Hello getbiggers!
It is a pleasure to have you to take time to read my topic, I really appreciate it!

I want to know how hard is to live in your country, in terms of work, like how hard is to find one?
how much money you make?
how good you can live with that money?

how many % of people can live with a decent life, have a nice car and afford to rise their children without having money problems for basic things, like education, health, toys?

how is the security around your city?

Hey that's Portland (Oregon) life-style !.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2020, 02:19:04 PM »
I live in massachusetts. My life is good,I make good money far from rich and far from poor.family is healthy and happy,I buy what I like and do lots of things.plenty of work as a contractor.hings are good for now.who knows what the future holds.

I feel like going back to Massachusetts
Something s telling me I must go home
And the lights all went out in Massachusetts
The day Ieft her standing on her own

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2020, 02:31:04 PM »
Knoxville, TN
Los Angeles
Breda, Netherlands
Copenhagen, Demark
Tokyo and Toyama, Japan
Bangkok, Thailand

Where do you live now?

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2020, 02:43:36 PM »
This.  All truth.

Note: Regarding leaving your car unlocked with the windows open all night...no, you can't do that.

Is that so? Tell me more about things i know that are true which you say are lies.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2020, 03:49:33 PM »
Is that so? Tell me more about things i know that are true which you say are lies.

I think he's just replying in general to the OP.

It's funny this topic is brought up, i was talking to a lady i used to work with in Houston and telling her about life working in Santa Fe.  She was asking about crime and i never thought about this before, but i have yet to see a security guard anywhere in this city.  Not at banks, businesses, dispensaries, schools, etc. I've yet to see one.  In Houston almost every single office building has at least a night time guard, even if it's just a Pinkerton with a cell phone and flash light. Apartment complexes have them, churches, schools, neighborhood watch, etc.  Here we don't even have Constables that patrol the subdivisions; there are just City Police and few State Police on the highways mainly.  I've never even seen a police officer in my subdivision, but i do live on the edge of town.

I can easily leave my car unlocked, windows down at the office and at my house.  I probably wouldn't do it at the market or local bar, but there just isn't any crime here.  The only altercation i've seen recently with the cops was a drunk homeless guy stole something from a gas station.  It's crazy because instead of reprimand the guy, they escorted him inside and he paid for the items, then they let him go.  Seen a couple people get thrown in jail for driving while intoxicated, but that's about it.