Author Topic: Do you really care about what drugs pros take?  (Read 6154 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Do you really care about what drugs pros take?
« on: May 19, 2006, 05:40:56 AM »
On a personal level it might suprise to hear that I don't really give a "rats azz" what drugs a top bodybuilder may take. While I think it is imporant to address the drug issue from an overall IFBB policy stand, I don't care about what drugs individual pros do .

Sometimes I just get sick and tired about all chatter on drugs on drugs. Yup, I am as guilty as anyone about starting threads on drugs and lack of testing , etc.

However, sometimes it is just a lot more fun to sit back, and admire an awesome physique or
bust azz in the gym on your own terms.
At the end of the day, your own enjoyment of bodybuilding , pro physiques you admire and your own workouts are what matters the most.

Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Do you really care about what drugs pros take?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 06:00:45 AM »
im more concerned with the finished product on show night,ive never really cared about what cycles or drugs the pros use cause im really not going that route so it doesnt really interest me,i guess if i was trying to become a bodybuilder and i was 20 years younger i might have a interest but now i couldnt care less,as long as they show up onstage in great condition and aint destroying themselves internally its all good,ofcourse theyre is always going to be some health risks with the drugs but that goes with the territory
R

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 06:04:33 AM »
im more concerned with the finished product on show night,ive never really cared about what cycles or drugs the pros use cause im really not going that route so it doesnt really interest me,i guess if i was trying to become a bodybuilder and i was 20 years younger i might have a interest but now i couldnt care less,as long as they show up onstage in great condition and aint destroying themselves internally its all good,ofcourse theyre is always going to be some health risks with the drugs but that goes with the territory
Yup, well said. I gave up the idea of being a pro years ago for reasons of: genetics, drive ,lifestyle, health risks, etc.
Sometimes it is just fun to sit back and admire a great physique like Jay Cutler, Lee P or some other top pro without conern for what made it possible. As a fan we can do that.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 06:19:58 AM »
i remember speaking to cutler back in 2000 at the nats in new york about the juice,the only reason i asked was because at the time i was doing a mini cycle of some sust and eq,he was very cool and answered all my questions in depth,i never asked him what he was on though cause i didnt think he would appreciate it,maybe he would have told me but i really didnt care to be honest,we all know genetics play a huge role so even if other people took what he took theres no guarantee they will look anywhere near what jay looks like
R

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 06:25:35 AM »
in a word- no
X

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 06:27:03 AM »
Some of those who actually use the drugs are CURIOUS as to what the pro's are using. There's no problem with compairing cycles with the pro's.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 06:27:59 AM »
i remember speaking to cutler back in 2000 at the nats in new york about the juice,the only reason i asked was because at the time i was doing a mini cycle of some sust and eq,he was very cool and answered all my questions in depth,i never asked him what he was on though cause i didnt think he would appreciate it,maybe he would have told me but i really didnt care to be honest,we all know genetics play a huge role so even if other people took what he took theres no guarantee they will look anywhere near what jay looks like

Yes, Jay is a class act and rare gem among the pros, that is for sure.
I think some like to use the drug "urban legend tales" as a rady made excuse for why their own physique sucks. It might be tough to finally realize you will NEVER be like a pro, no matter what you do. Much easier to convince yourself it is due to the lack of a magic secret drug.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 06:33:37 AM »
Some of those who actually use the drugs are CURIOUS as to what the pro's are using. There's no problem with compairing cycles with the pro's.

Agreed. I think it's interesting what pros use.
I think, the Mr O would he even more interesting if we add a round where all pros sit down at a table and discuss their cycles.
Then they add up the amount and who has the most, wins.
Sure it has nothing to do with the Mr O, but that's the same with the challenge round.  ;D ;D

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 06:38:45 AM »
matarrazzo said it best,he said most of these dudes in the audiance are on just as much juice as me,and most dude look like me.then they justify their own lack of results by saying im taking tons of this that and that or i have some secret drugs,its all genetics,he said my father has bigger calves then me and he never trained them,he may not have said it word for word like i did but that was his message.you dont take a average horse and try to turn it into a champ,no,first you get a thoroughbred then work from there,same with bodybuilding imo,im not saying a guy with average genetics cant build a great body,ofcourse he can but he will never win shows at the upper level or look like a jay cutler or coleman imo
R

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 07:06:27 AM »
matarrazzo said it best,he said most of these dudes in the audiance are on just as much juice as me,and most dude look like me.then they justify their own lack of results by saying im taking tons of this that and that or i have some secret drugs,its all genetics,he said my father has bigger calves then me and he never trained them,he may not have said it word for word like i did but that was his message.you dont take a average horse and try to turn it into a champ,no,first you get a thoroughbred then work from there,same with bodybuilding imo,im not saying a guy with average genetics cant build a great body,ofcourse he can but he will never win shows at the upper level or look like a jay cutler or coleman imo

While that is 100% true amd applies to any sport or activity, the reality of what many BELIEVE is different. The reality is that drugs to "help accelerate " muscle growth.
The top pros simply had more to work with from the start. Trying to get a "wanna be" pro with lousy genetics to fully accept that logic is like telling them they have no shot.
The drug myth even helps propel all the wacky new supplement sales...think about it.
Howard

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 07:12:54 AM »
While that is 100% true amd applies to any sport or activity, the reality of what many BELIEVE is different. The reality is that drugs to "help accelerate " muscle growth.
The top pros simply had more to work with from the start. Trying to get a "wanna be" pro with lousy genetics to fully accept that logic is like telling them they have no shot.
The drug myth even helps propel all the wacky new supplement sales...think about it.
Howard

That is why it would actually be a good thing if more pros spoke openly about thew gear they use.
I know so many guys that don't compete and who do more than a gram of test and other roids a week.
Lee Priest is a good example ONCE AGAIN.
Props to Lee

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 07:18:31 AM »
I would love to know what the pro's take, I can't understand anyone not having that curiosity.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

bigtraps

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 07:25:58 AM »
Sure, I want to know.  Love watching a train wreak.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 07:31:53 AM »
i think most wont tell you the truth and the ones that do tell us the truth we wouldnt beleive anyway,lol
R

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 07:38:50 AM »
I don't understand why BBers from other countries don't post their cycles.  BBers that live in places it's legal...

Motherboy (the band).

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 07:39:02 AM »
i think most wont tell you the truth and the ones that do tell us the truth we wouldnt beleive anyway,lol

I put in the "conspiracy/myth" category , pro drug useage like the JFK assassination is part truth, part myth part mystery. Only the parties with direct involvement know the whole truth.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 07:45:04 AM »
"WE CARE A LOT!" - Faith No More

I'm curious about everything. But inasmuch as their gear is as integral to the pros' physiques as their workouts, Flex magazine ought to publish their cycles right next to their training splits. After all, part of their mission statement is: "We bring this state-of-the-art information from the champions to you instantly and accurately in order for you to reach your ultimate muscular goals by the fatest route possible."

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 07:51:31 AM »
 Dorian took 10,000 grams of test a week during his reign ;D That was not a typo ;D

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 07:53:38 AM »
"WE CARE A LOT!" - Faith No More

I'm curious about everything. But inasmuch as their gear is as integral to the pros' physiques as their workouts, Flex magazine ought to publish their cycles right next to their training splits. After all, part of their mission statement is: "We bring this state-of-the-art information from the champions to you instantly and accurately in order for you to reach your ultimate muscular goals by the fatest route possible."

Ok since this was a hypothetical thread, I am going to put this as a "what if" as well.
The main reason we don't see OPEN dialogue is simple...ILLEGAL drugs ...doah.
However even if it was legal (which it should be) would they really post all of what they do.
I mean c'mon do you think any champ is going to just give away 100% of their training secrets in terms of training , contest prep , diet and yes drug use?????
Forget the fans here, do you think Jay or Ronnie want any other of the top guys to learn every detail on how theyu get ready for the OLympia?? No athlete in ANY sport wants to tip their hand that much. I read that even Arnold used to play this drug myth game. He noticed a couple rivals would try and sneak or send spys to learn what he got from the pharmacy (drugs). Arnold would get more perscriptions than he he needed or used  buy the extra "junk" and throw it away knowing they would think he used it all LOL

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 07:53:44 AM »
pro bodybuilders should imo post what they use,it really wouldnt matter imo cause if i took ronnies or jays stack i will not look like ronnie or jay,my receptors are not as responsive and everyones different,im sure after years of trial and error they found out what works for their body types and what doesnt,just like some guys take afew dbols and grow like a weed and other guys dont see nothing except some acne and a rock hard johnson
R

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2006, 08:02:07 AM »
Pros telling non pros what they do actually use in my opinion won't make an ounce of difference.My reasoning is if a pro did actually & truthfully tell w/all honesty what they did actually take relating to steroids, the majority of ppl. would call BS as to what they're taking based on the pros "look",dose amounts or whatever.Lee Priest is a perfect example.The majority of non pros never believe him when he states that he uses very little compared to what ppl. speculate he uses.

DEFCON

• Getbig IV
  • LSD, 100 µg, i.m.
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2006, 08:04:39 AM »
I'm interested in what pros take just like I'm interested in how much heroin my friend did before he went to rehab. They're all drug addicts.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2006, 08:08:27 AM »
I'd like to know just out of curiousity.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2006, 08:08:50 AM »
I personally think it is hillarious that half of the idiots here scream SYNTHOL but never once scream DBOL or WINSTROL etc etc....

Kinda of ironic.....

As someone else said...it comes down to the finished product the night of the show and how he places.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2006, 08:14:57 AM »
I'd like to know just out of curiousity.

i'd like to know out of morbid curiousity...