Author Topic: The nearest corner of dignity  (Read 14498 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
The nearest corner of dignity
« on: December 27, 2005, 10:24:16 PM »
You know, ...I don't think any of us really knows what happened other than Melissa James is dead, and that Craig Titus & Kelly Ryan have been charged. As compelling as it may be to speculate publicly and openly about what we think may have happened, some of the comments that have been made about both the victim and the suspects are truly in poor taste. Just reading some of this stuff makes me feel the need to take a shower.
None of us knows what really happened, and I would have to think this rampant speculation, not to mention disrespect, and open contempt for both the suspects and the deceased, have got to be difficult for the families, friends and loved ones of all concerned.

Sit back, ...take a deep breath, ...and retreat to the nearest corner of dignity.
</rant off>
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: The nearest corner of dignity
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 10:25:22 PM »
You know, ...I don't think any of us really knows what happened other than Melissa James is dead, and that Craig Titus & Kelly Ryan have been charged. As compelling as it may be to speculate publicly and openly about what we think may have happened, some of the comments that have been made about both the victim and the suspects are truly in poor taste. Just reading some of this stuff makes me feel the need to take a shower. None of us knows what really happened, and I would have to think this rampant speculation, not to mention disrespect, and open contempt for both the suspects and the deceased, have got to be difficult for the families, friends and loved ones of all concerned.

Sit back, ...take a deep breath, ...and retreat to the nearest corner of dignity.
</rant off>

you forgot the <rant>
(start rant tag)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 10:30:52 PM »
I didn't know they were innocent until proved guilty.

I guess the cops & the courts better release them because they could be making a mistake.

Besides....

they wouldn't run or anything.

;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 10:31:07 PM »

you forgot the <rant>
(start rant tag)

<rant>
...and I think that some of the opportunistic websites that have recently popped up, sprouting google ad links, and other forms of paid banner advertising reflect a severe disconnect with conscience or morality.</rant>
w

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 11:49:37 PM »
You know, ...I don't think any of us really knows what happened other than Melissa James is dead, and that Craig Titus & Kelly Ryan have been charged. As compelling as it may be to speculate publicly and openly about what we think may have happened, some of the comments that have been made about both the victim and the suspects are truly in poor taste. Just reading some of this stuff makes me feel the need to take a shower.
None of us knows what really happened, and I would have to think this rampant speculation, not to mention disrespect, and open contempt for both the suspects and the deceased, have got to be difficult for the families, friends and loved ones of all concerned.

Jag, no matter how mch you try to kiss their ass, 1. they will never be able to read this, 2. they wouldn't buy your stuff anyway and 2. innocent people do not run and do the things they did.  And, please do not let our remarks be the only excuse for you to take a shower. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 11:53:10 PM »
please do not let our remarks be the only excuse for you to take a shower. 

That was harsh ... yet refreshingly witty.

Snap, as they say.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 12:28:00 AM »

Jag, no matter how mch you try to kiss their ass, 1. they will never be able to read this, 2. they wouldn't buy your stuff anyway and 2. innocent people do not run and do the things they did.

Keith,

I have no interest in kissing Craig's or Kelly's ass. I do not know them, have never met them, probably never will, and have neither the desire nor aspiration to do so. And I would think the purchase of supplements would be the last thing on either of their minds right now. I just think some of the people in here have no regard for the families. Do you think seeing or hearing this kind of sarcastic vitriol is beneficial or being supportive of the James family right now?  Craig, Kelly, and Melissa have families and loved ones, and seeing some of the cynical crap, and speculation about their loved ones hardly does anything beneficial for anyone's frame of mind right now. Right now all the families need healing and answers, ...not war drums and sarcastic speculation pulled out of people's anatomies. There'll be plenty of time for that when the trial starts.

And, please do not let our remarks be the only excuse for you to take a shower. 

Ok, I gotta admit, ...that last part of your remark did make me giggle.
w

Tesla

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 04:44:38 AM »
The title of this forum is "News & Rumors on Craig Titus & Kelly Ryan".  Public speculation is the whole point of this board.  If the families of the parties concerned are offended by this material then they can choose to not read this forum.

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 08:13:10 AM »
The title of this forum is "News & Rumors on Craig Titus & Kelly Ryan".  Public speculation is the whole point of this board.  If the families of the parties concerned are offended by this material then they can choose to not read this forum.

That was probably the most meaningful thing ever said on this board!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 08:26:24 AM »
<rant>
...and I think that some of the opportunistic websites that have recently popped up, sprouting google ad links, and other forms of paid banner advertising reflect a severe disconnect with conscience or morality.</rant>

Although I certainly respect your desire to maintain some decorum, it should be noted that in any tragedy, some suffer while others benefit. 

The suffering is going to happen anyway, so others may as well capitalize on the situation.  You see this happen whenever there's a natural disaster, terrorist attack, high-profile death, etc.

That's just the nature of people and there's nothing all that wrong with bringing something good out of tragedy. 

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005, 08:28:40 AM »

**** off, Judi. A pyramid-scheme-peddling scammer like yourself talking about dignity is the height of hypocrisy.

Hope this helps.

how come i can see the word ****?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2005, 09:28:08 AM »
Although I certainly respect your desire to maintain some decorum, it should be noted that in any tragedy, some suffer while others benefit. 

The suffering is going to happen anyway, so other may as well capitalize on the situation.  You see this happen whenever there's a natural disaster, terrorist attack, high-profile death, etc.

That's just the nature of people and there's nothing all that wrong with bringing something good out of tragedy. 

I agree 100%.

If there was no demand for sites discussing the matter, I'm understand Jag's argument.

But this is an interesting story- from both fans of the sport, as well as regular people. There are some amazing human stories in this case.  Craig and Kelly's downward spiral, the victim who was no angel herself, the dissention/division in the sport...

People WANT to know what's happening.  I had 5000+ UNIQUE hits yesterday alone on www.freecraigtitus.com.  THat means 5000 different people in this world wanted to learn about this story and see the updates.  It's growing because people like good info, delivered in a clean format, with zero work.  And I bring that.

Jag, I could see you hating if the site was along the lines of "Free Craig, he's a hero". But it's not.   It delivers news and info about the case in an unbiased manner.  People like this- more and more people every day- and I intend to keep bringing it to them.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 11:37:49 AM »
240  i havent been to your site since day one  what have i missed :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2005, 12:50:14 PM »

Ask the 5000 unique visitors that arrived yesterday for up-to-the-hour coverage of the case, including new pics, statements from Craig, and exclusive words of support (and disdain!) from fellow IFBB pros.

Available for free and updated all day long, www.freecraigtitus.com

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2005, 01:14:06 PM »

</rant off>

I agree where are the  moderators.GOOD JOB GUYS.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2005, 01:16:28 PM »

I agree where are the moderators.GOOD JOB GUYS.

Lee, any words of encouragement you'd like to extend to Craig and Kelly in this tough time?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2005, 04:25:43 PM »
I agree 100%.

If there was no demand for sites discussing the matter, I'm understand Jag's argument.

But this is an interesting story- from both fans of the sport, as well as regular people. There are some amazing human stories in this case.  Craig and Kelly's downward spiral, the victim who was no angel herself, the dissention/division in the sport...

People WANT to know what's happening.  I had 5000+ UNIQUE hits yesterday alone on www.freecraigtitus.com.  THat means 5000 different people in this world wanted to learn about this story and see the updates.  It's growing because people like good info, delivered in a clean format, with zero work.  And I bring that.

Jag, I could see you hating if the site was along the lines of "Free Craig, he's a hero". But it's not.   It delivers news and info about the case in an unbiased manner.  People like this- more and more people every day- and I intend to keep bringing it to them.

Ya know, I haven't quite yet figured out if it's a matter of you being deluded enough to actually believe what you say, ...or if it's a matter of you thinking that we're all stupid enough to believe it. 240, I like you, ...so it pains me to say it, but I think what you bring is tabloid-style sensationlist "yellow journalism", ...and in comparing you to a journalist, I think I'm being extremely generous there. Ya, people want to know the facts, but there is nothing unbiased about you.  Your site isn't about Craig or Kelly or Melissa, or anti-steroid bashing. Your site is all about YOU and your self-glorification. You operate like the Enquirer or the Weekly World News, where they publish 2 issues. On the cover of one is the word "Guilty", and on the cover of the other is the word "Innocent". Then they see which issue sells better, ...then slant their stories in subsequent issues to match. If it bleeds, ...it leads, ...and if it ain't bleeding, you'll stab it with a fork to make sure it does. If you're so deluded as to think you deliver info in an unbiased manner, you need to give your head a good smack. You're doing everything to turn it into a circus freak show, not for the "benefit" of readers, ...but for your own benefit, greed, and narcissistic self-aggrandizement.

For a good example of a site that does infact deliver news and info about the case in a truly unbiased manner, take a good look at http://www.titusandryan.com.

And that's all I'm going to say
w

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2005, 05:23:10 PM »

The site is extremely useful for what he says.  Unfortunately getbig is cluttered with people endlessly discussing things that will be demystified sooner or later.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2005, 05:25:50 PM »
i doubt missed something   lol

larger_format

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2005, 05:28:32 PM »

DIGNITY is a 20th century phenomenon

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2005, 04:05:07 PM »
Quote from: G o a t b o y on December 28, 2005, 04:10:24 AM
Judi. A pyramid-scheme-peddling scammer like yourself talking about dignity is the height of hypocrisy.
Hope this helps.

true, true

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2005, 04:12:10 PM »
she's done this many times.  She did the same thing about a thread on the Y board.  The Y board for god sakes.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2005, 04:16:11 PM »
If you're so deluded as to think you deliver info in an unbiased manner, you need to give your head a good smack. You're doing everything to turn it into a circus freak show, not for the "benefit" of readers, ...but for your own benefit, greed, and narcissistic self-aggrandizement.

It would be an interesting experiment if we took 100 people at random, sent them to both www.freecraigtitus.com and www.jaguarenterprises.ne t, then read them your quote above, and asked them to guess which site you were talking about.

How do you think it would turn out, Judi?  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2005, 04:19:42 PM »
being a saint i'm scared to ask wtf is a judy

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it