Author Topic: catholic wedding  (Read 3702 times)

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
catholic wedding
« on: March 05, 2007, 07:48:57 AM »
My gf and me are going to get married.  neither of us are particularly religious but her parents would very much appreciate it if we got married in church, seems this means that at least one of us needs to take the communion.  Is this morally justified if we're just doing it to shut the parents up?
It hasn't helped...

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: catholic wedding
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 07:55:09 AM »
My gf and me are going to get married.  neither of us are particularly religious but her parents would very much appreciate it if we got married in church, seems this means that at least one of us needs to take the communion.  Is this morally justified if we're just doing it to shut the parents up?

i on ocassion will go to a mosque just to please dad..he gets all happy to see his son go with him..even though i dont believe in god and sometimes what the dood at the mosque is preaching angers me...

sometimes ya do stuff for your loved ones to make em happy mate....you get to be with the woman ya love..if it makes your parents happy 2 c you  get married in church..then get married in church man! :)
carpe` vaginum!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 10:15:27 AM »
i on ocassion will go to a mosque just to please dad..he gets all happy to see his son go with him..even though i dont believe in god and sometimes what the dood at the mosque is preaching angers me...

sometimes ya do stuff for your loved ones to make em happy mate....you get to be with the woman ya love..if it makes your parents happy 2 c you  get married in church..then get married in church man! :)

Hahaha, closet muslim.

You are what you do.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 10:25:53 AM »
smaul, are either of you believers?  Are you talking about "moral justifi[cation]" in your parents eyes or God's eyes?

Taking communion is reflecting on what Christ did for us at Calvary.

Here is a scripture that may address your question:

23For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." 25In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." 26For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

27Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup. 29For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself. 30That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31But if we judged ourselves, we would not come under judgment. 32When we are judged by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned with the world.

R

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 11:34:03 AM »
Hahaha, closet muslim.

You are what you do.

<gasp> i'm soo insulted..   ::)
carpe` vaginum!

smaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 11:52:00 PM »
smaul, are either of you believers?  Are you talking about "moral justifi[cation]" in your parents eyes or God's eyes?

Nope, neither of us are believers.  The only reason I am considering it is to make her parents happy.  Is that sufficient moral justification?  Personally I would have thought they would think it hypocritical of us do take communion solely for their benefit, but hey have expressed they would love a church wedding despite the fact that neither of us believe.
It hasn't helped...

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 03:57:27 AM »

Take a couple hours out of your day and search the internet on any thing catholic...Look at the secrecy of the catholic religion...Look at what the highests ranks of the catholic religion have been up to...Its not pretty...Its not a shot against anyone that believes in what they believe in but you and your wife  don't...Its certainly not something to do just because someone else believes in this stuff...Their truly could be consequences that a far beyond anything we know...Its diff/not worth your soul just to make someones parents happy...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 06:29:50 AM »
Nope, neither of us are believers.  The only reason I am considering it is to make her parents happy.  Is that sufficient moral justification?  Personally I would have thought they would think it hypocritical of us do take communion solely for their benefit, but hey have expressed they would love a church wedding despite the fact that neither of us believe.

Are you sure one of you would have to take communion?  If so you could give the parents the above scripture in bold and ask 'em why they want you to "drink judgement upon yourselves."

I have a feeling they don't know about that scripture or they wouldn't ask you to take communion when you are not believers.

Also, kind of in line as to what Wombat said, are you sure that you two can even be married in the Catholic church when you aren't Catholics? 

If you want to please them by having a church wedding, maybe go to a bible-believing non-Catholic church instead.  It will still be a church wedding, but you won't be forced to take communion as unbelievers.
R

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 10:18:57 AM »
Sorry Smaul- if your not catholic(both of you) you wont be married in the catholic church unless you convert and take a bunch of worthless classes. Trust me.
X

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 09:07:01 AM »
Sorry Smaul- if your not catholic(both of you) you wont be married in the catholic church unless you convert and take a bunch of worthless classes. Trust me.

Yup, they will do a brainwashing first.

I just found out that i have to pay 30 euros to get out of church in germany. Grrrrrrr

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 09:07:49 AM »
Oh and Smaul, Congratulations on getting married!

I'll be getting married too, this year.

If you come over to germany, take your better half with you.  ;D ;D

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 09:28:17 AM »
i still think you should get married where ya folks want ya 2..

yall found eternal happiness..

is it so bad that ya listen to ya folks and make em happy for a day? :-\
carpe` vaginum!

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 09:34:18 AM »
i still think you should get married where ya folks want ya 2..

yall found eternal happiness..

is it so bad that ya listen to ya folks and make em happy for a day? :-\

Your english sucks.

Well, if he totally hates the catholic church, like i do, it is difficult.
I absolutely CANNOT ever listen to a priest speak. I despise every word they say, ignorant utter BS.

I have so many bad experience with christians regarding religion, marrying in church would fuck up the next 3 weeks for sure.

Get married where YOU want to. It's YOU getting married, not your parents. It's your day, do something you're happy with.
If you are indifferent, do it as your parents would like you to do though.  ;D

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 09:42:43 AM »

Your english sucks.

meh..i've liven in the ghetto pat of the US long enuff to actually ruin it..  :(

Well, if he totally hates the catholic church, like i do, it is difficult.
I absolutely CANNOT ever listen to a priest speak. I despise every word they say, ignorant utter BS.

I have so many bad experience with christians regarding religion, marrying in church would fuck up the next 3 weeks for sure.

Get married where YOU want to. It's YOU getting married, not your parents. It's your day, do something you're happy with.
If you are indifferent, do it as your parents would like you to do though.  ;D

i dislike being in a mosque as much as you dislike being in a church..but ya gotta remember man..your parents r OLD...oooollld..and set in their ways..religion and culture wise..

ok lemme give ya an example..

i just recently returned from FL..taned as a mofo..and mum told me i got dark and ugly

what she meant ws

dark = ugly

now i could argue with her for 20 days..it wouldn;t make a difference..she'd still gonna believe what she believs..

is she a bad person?  nah..last yr some black dood ran a red and hit her car..to this day she stands up for that guy saying that he ws just really old..we we coulda gotton a new car from the old doods insurance but she woud have none of it..she ws concerned that HIS insurance would go up..  :)

..wait i had a point..

..sometimes..ya do things for loved ones that ya dont necessarily like..

this couple has the rest of their lives to enjoy eachother...

1 day to make their parents happy wont kill em..
carpe` vaginum!

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 10:47:05 PM »
if you believe in demons--the devil--and shit like that, you best understand what religion you are fcking around with....Many people believe that the catholic religion is satans religion in disguise...Im not saying i believe it but take a good look at the men at the top of this religion....Why risk it...

My father is a shriner and his father was also a mason...Some people believe that these organizations are in bed with satan ect..I don't know if they are but i can tell you that i believe everyone in my bloodline is fcking cursed...

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 12:17:43 AM »
if you believe in demons--the devil--and shit like that, you best understand what religion you are fcking around with....Many people believe that the catholic religion is satans religion in disguise...Im not saying i believe it but take a good look at the men at the top of this religion....Why risk it...

My father is a shriner and his father was also a mason...Some people believe that these organizations are in bed with satan ect..I don't know if they are but i can tell you that i believe everyone in my bloodline is fcking cursed...

so are you doing steroids or not?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 12:27:45 AM »

Smaul, you're going to do whatever you're going to do, and I wish you the best whatever decision you make, however, ...for what it's worth, what may appear as a tiny little sacrifice to make her folks happy may infact come back to haunt you for the duration of your marriage.

Think about it. This is the first step you're taking as a husband & wife, ...this is YOUR special day, ...and it is being dictated by her parents, ...contrary to the wishes of either of you? Before long, they'll be telling you whether to use cloth or disposables, what schools to send your kids to, how to raise those kids, etc., what jobs to have, where to live...

I might sound alarmist, but I've seen it time & time again. There are some things that need to be nipped in the bud

This is YOUR wedding... your's and your fiancée's.

It should be held at a location that has meaning for YOU, ...whether that's on a deserted beach, in a JP's office, or even in a drive-thru chapel in Vegas officiated by a tacky looking Elvis impersonator wearing a rhinestone studded velvet cape.  Let them call the shots on your wedding, ...and they'll be calling the shots on your entire married life.

Just a note of caution.  Good luck whatever you decide. ...oh and CONGRATULATIONS on the impending nuptuals.  :)
w

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 07:00:40 AM »

Wombat, do you believe that because of the shriner thing or something else?
R

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2007, 07:18:39 AM »
yo wombat

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6692952930996256219&q=masonic+space

long vid but about the masonic influence on space travel..and the devil etc etc..

they tie it neatly together at the end..

if and when ya do watch it hit me up with a pm of your opinion of it..

cheers!
carpe` vaginum!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2007, 01:20:32 PM »
yo wombat

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6692952930996256219&q=masonic+space

long vid but about the masonic influence on space travel..and the devil etc etc..

they tie it neatly together at the end..

if and when ya do watch it hit me up with a pm of your opinion of it..

cheers!

Yawn... what a fooking lemming!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 11:26:39 AM »
Yawn... what a fooking lemming!

ya notice how ya follow me around..make no threads but show up in everyone of mine

and when ya make a thread..i'm absent from em!  :)

you just cant stand the fact that i'm better than you

<prediction..here we go guys..10 posts from nord to come!!  ;D  >
carpe` vaginum!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 11:40:41 AM »
ya notice how ya follow me around..make no threads but show up in everyone of mine

False

and when ya make a thread..i'm absent from em!  :)

False

you just cant stand the fact that i'm better than you

False

<prediction..here we go guys..10 posts from nord to come!!  ;D  >

False

I (Toxic) am stupid, ugly, self centered and a gay muslim paki.

True, if you say so...
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 06:30:02 PM »
just lie to the preist about being catholic.  Set it up and get married.  no biggie

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 08:01:33 AM »

Think about it. This is the first step you're taking as a husband & wife, ...this is YOUR special day, ...and it is being dictated by her parents, ...contrary to the wishes of either of you? Before long, they'll be telling you whether to use cloth or disposables, what schools to send your kids to, how to raise those kids, etc., what jobs to have, where to live...
jag, ALL parents have advice to give to newly married or married couples based on their experiences. IMO, you'll never going to make them happy with all of your decisions. And I don't think it's being unreasonable if they decide to get married that way. I'm not religious anymore, nor was I really religious when I got married, but both my parents and her mother are really strong Catholics and would have very disappointed had we NOT had a Catholic Wedding. Besides, I can use it as ammo later if they try to blackmail me!

It should be held at a location that has meaning for YOU, ...whether that's on a deserted beach, in a JP's office, or even in a drive-thru chapel in Vegas officiated by a tacky looking Elvis impersonator wearing a rhinestone studded velvet cape.  Let them call the shots on your wedding, ...and they'll be calling the shots on your entire married life.
I agree that it should be held at a place that has meaning, but that could still be at a church. And though both sides parents were appeased by our wedding decision, they really haven't called shots on our life. If I were to listen to the things either side would say about finances, I'd be in debt for life. 

Just a note of caution.  Good luck whatever you decide. ...oh and CONGRATULATIONS on the impending nuptuals.  :)
I also congratulate him, and though you gave him some pretty sound advice, I don't think that just going along with a Catholic Wedding is a big deal. If he at least doesn't consider it, he'd ALREADY be starting a fire with both sides of parents.

smaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2007, 09:05:43 AM »
we're going to check out the church this weekend just to see what the priest has to say.  I don't really care either way so unless he really annoys me and tries to 'convert' me, I would think I'll end up having it in a church, it'll probably make more people happy than it will annoy.  whereever i have it it'll be special, after all I will be getting the bride!  ;D
It hasn't helped...