Author Topic: Why would God want us to believe in him in the first place?  (Read 1005 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Why would God want us to believe in him in the first place?
« on: September 08, 2007, 12:32:21 AM »
Be an "unbeliever" or somebody who doesn't believe in the "true" religion and you risk ending up in Hell, this sounds very suspect to me and in general more like somebody made it up to ensure that certain people join and practice their religion.
All this becomes even more suspect if you understand that People make Religions, I mean before the Christians there were Millions of people believing in some sort of Gods, than one day a boy is born that show everybody on this planet that all the million of people before him were false Prophets (even if they had no chance of knowing otherwise) and he is the true religion.
Yep sounds to me like somebody made this all up.

I think I start slowly to believe in something you see I'm getting older but I'm not sure if it is God as such I'm having trouble with an Creator that tries to trick and mock us.

I like to say: There is more God in the Tree next to you than in any Church on this Planet.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
Re: Why would God want us to believe in him in the first place?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 03:08:55 AM »
I think that every religion or believe is just part of the actual truth. No religion contains the whole truth.

Even atheism has some truth in it, but not the whole truth.