Author Topic: Oil prices down $18 in the last week  (Read 1164 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Oil prices down $18 in the last week
« on: July 18, 2008, 09:05:43 AM »
Very good news.

What is the cause?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Oil prices down $18 in the last week
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 09:33:35 AM »
Very good news.

What is the cause?
McBush's re-election 8)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 09:34:44 AM »

investigation into market speculators.

NT
What investigation.  I missed that.  Bush had their back and Congress is a great big limp dick and everyone knows it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 09:56:21 AM »
7/16/2008 

US Senator Majority Leader Bill Tackles Energy Market Speculation

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--U.S. Senate Democrat leadership late Tuesday night filed a bipartisan bill that would give the commodity futures regulator greater power to rein in speculation in energy markets and mandates a national investigation.  

"We cannot afford to wait any longer to relieve Americans' pain at the pump, and we must act today," said Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., adding that the bill "goes after greedy speculators in the energy markets."

;)

So you think they're worried about the great big limp dick that so far hasn't managed to put a single thing in check :-\

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 10:17:50 AM »
WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., Wednesday called on the White House to order federal regulators to start a broad investigation of speculation in the energy markets.

"Today we are putting speculators on notice," she told reporters. Pelosi sent a letter to President Bush calling on him to direct the Commodity Futures Trading Commission to use its emergency powers to take immediate action to curb speculation in energy markets. They should act to investigate all energy contracts. This is authority Congress has already given to the CFTC, but which they have not used."

the WS roaches/spectulators run quickly when an investigation is mentioned.

You didn't answer my question...  What you say would thrill me to death...  I posted a link a few weeks back that called on people to demand this very thing.  As I see it now, they don't have the balls to do shit...  fucking limpdicks.  "She called on the white house...." BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Bush came out telling us it wasn't his job to interfere, shit will work itself out naturally.  The day Bush responds to Pelosi is the day I'll laugh so hard I die.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 07:48:59 PM »
Very good news.

What is the cause?

{sigh} Welcome to the United States of Amnesia!

How quickly they forget! ::)  Does anyone remember a similar thing happening going into the 2006 midterms?
The prices started coming down then too, ...but they've sure done a good job of sodomizing the public ever since.

I expect to see more of the same after November, ...only the oil companies won't consider using any KY then

Just a temporary calm before the storm resumes it's course IMO

ps: Don't say you haven't been warned... again.  ;)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 08:01:11 PM »

investigation into market speculators.

NT

When people rushed to go long on shares of Google, did they investigate that?
When people went nuts investing in dot coms did they investigate that.
I'm really not sure what the purpose is of investigating those who buy energy shares.
Do they intend to make stock market purchases illegal, ...if not why bother?
Do they expect to find evidence of illegal activities that contravene the statutes of the SEC?
Or is the true purpose an attempt to manipulate the market through fear & intimidation of investors?

w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 08:04:06 PM »
While I do it myself... I've often wondered why we're allowed to speculate on certain natural resources.

Capitalism at it's finest.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 08:11:47 PM »
While I do it myself... I've often wondered why we're allowed to speculate on certain natural resources.

Capitalism at it's finest.

Alot of people scream for nothing but free market capitalism, ...then cry like babies when they get it.
Saying how wrong it is, ...and how unfair it is. I guess for some the fairness depends on how un/favourably it impacts them. Fortunately, I've done my best to remove the negative impact of high fuel prices from my life.
I don't really care how high the price of fuel goes, ...because I can legally get as much fuel as I need for free
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 10:07:12 PM »

How quickly they forget! ::)  Does anyone remember a similar thing happening going into the 2006 midterms?

McBush's re-election 8)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 12:02:53 AM »

The prices started coming down then too, ...but they've sure done a good job of sodomizing the public ever since.

BUT -

People didn't fall for it in 2006.  Dems won in congress. 

And Dems are leading in MAJOR former repub strongholds all over the country now, in senate/house seats.

Most people see thru the bullshit.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 12:12:00 AM »
BUT -

People didn't fall for it in 2006.  Dems won in congress. 

And Dems are leading in MAJOR former repub strongholds all over the country now, in senate/house seats.

Most people see thru the bullshit.

Whether or not the people fell for it in 2006 is irrelevant to their purposes.
Enough people made a fortune selling short, then going long, ...and soon they'll short their positions again.

I'm not talking so much politics, ...as I'm talking about money, and the raping & pillaging of the common man,
left to swing in the breeze, whose financial situation is left to the ups & downs of a market.
He's like a rudderless boat being tossed about by the storm.
w