Author Topic: Does proviron by itself "shuts you down"?  (Read 12662 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Does proviron by itself "shuts you down"?
« on: March 25, 2012, 11:41:33 PM »
so?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Does proviron by itself "shuts you down"?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 01:00:21 AM »
No, it won't suppress LH or FSH and will even provide your body with more free testosterone since it binds strongly to SHBG. Even so, your total test probably won't increase much, it might a little but nothing significant...still, it's not suppressive like most steroids.

Anyway, this is one of the reasons a lot of guys used to bridge with Proviron only..short bridging periods usually. It's not going to provide any significant anabolic action though, largely due to it lacking the C17-aa nature...well, that's part of the reason

Anyway, hope this helps.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 01:50:10 AM »
I'm thinking of using it as a boost..

But i dont want it to "shut me down" and feel again the need for "pct" and recovery..

I just want to use it for like 4-5 weeks and thats it, stop it cold turkey and continue without any consequences in my natural test production

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 05:51:15 AM »
bump..

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 05:46:48 PM »
4-5 Weeks on a low dose shouldn't cause any problems.

Good luck!

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 06:10:43 PM »

Good luck!

8)

Very true, but it's not going to give him any boost. An OTC prohormone would give more of a boost, but many of those can actually affect LH and FSH output...some quite significantly.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 09:06:56 PM »
Very true, but it's not going to give him any boost. An OTC prohormone would give more of a boost, but many of those can actually affect LH and FSH output...some quite significantly.

Good luck!

8)
Thanks guys..!

Low dose, lets say 50 mgs?  8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 10:10:01 PM »
Thanks guys..!

Low dose, lets say 50 mgs?  8)

I can't see how it could hurt anything, but I honestly don't see how it help anything either.

There are better options out there.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 12:32:23 AM »
No, it won't suppress LH or FSH and will even provide your body with more free testosterone since it binds strongly to SHBG. Even so, your total test probably won't increase much, it might a little but nothing significant...still, it's not suppressive like most steroids.

Anyway, this is one of the reasons a lot of guys used to bridge with Proviron only..short bridging periods usually. It's not going to provide any significant anabolic action though, largely due to it lacking the C17-aa nature...well, that's part of the reason

Anyway, hope this helps.

depends on the dosage. all steroids suppress the htpa, though, milder ones like mast and primo, will have a negligible effect on the htpa at low dosages and i've even heard of them being used at real low dosages while people are attempting to recovery endogenous T production during PCT

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 12:43:05 AM »
depends on the dosage. all steroids suppress the htpa, though, milder ones like mast and primo, will have a negligible effect on the htpa at low dosages and i've even heard of them being used at real low dosages while people are attempting to recovery endogenous T production during PCT

50mg or even 100mg won's suppress HTPA...you might even be able to get away with 150mg. I'm positive though 100mg won't suppress LH and FSH.

Further, things like Masteron and Primo will suppress LH and FSH, although I agree not to the extent of a 19-nor or test compound. Moreover, these compound, although mild on HPTA won't provide the SHBG relationship Proviron does, making Proviron a very unique DHT based steroid compared to these others...actually, unique compared to most steroids.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 09:43:51 AM »
50mg or even 100mg won's suppress HTPA...you might even be able to get away with 150mg. I'm positive though 100mg won't suppress LH and FSH.

Further, things like Masteron and Primo will suppress LH and FSH, although I agree not to the extent of a 19-nor or test compound. Moreover, these compound, although mild on HPTA won't provide the SHBG relationship Proviron does, making Proviron a very unique DHT based steroid compared to these others...actually, unique compared to most steroids.

I've seen many threads on this, I think it's suppressive. One guy who claimed it's not and also make the bold statement stating he had bloodwork to prove it's not, for some odd reason... Would not post it when I asked.

But what makes you so positive it's not suppressive? Suppression can't be felt.
?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 01:17:28 PM »
I've seen many threads on this, I think it's suppressive. One guy who claimed it's not and also make the bold statement stating he had bloodwork to prove it's not, for some odd reason... Would not post it when I asked.

But what makes you so positive it's not suppressive? Suppression can't be felt.

I'm basing this on the data we have...studies have shown Proviron in doses as high as 100mg per day won't shut down HPTA.

And for the record, suppression can be felt. If your testosterone levels are suppressed and you're not supplementing with anything to replace it you're eventually going to feel it.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 02:25:35 AM »
Ive just read in the legit bayers proviron leaflet that proviron wont affect spermatogenesis at the dosages recommended with the dosages being from 25mgs to 75-100mgs a day.

BUT it said that in HIGHER dosages and for LONGER periods of time..testicular shrinkage might take place (so I guess it supresses your test levels)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 08:53:03 AM »
Ive just read in the legit bayers proviron leaflet that proviron wont affect spermatogenesis at the dosages recommended with the dosages being from 25mgs to 75-100mgs a day.

BUT it said that in HIGHER dosages and for LONGER periods of time..testicular shrinkage might take place (so I guess it supresses your test levels)

Pretty much what I implied above. That 100mg range won't suppress, I said some might even get away with a little more...obviously this implies there's a cutoff point.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 04:00:48 PM »
Proviron is very mild. If I was using pct and I had some I would def throw it in there.

kigstand

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 07:01:51 PM »
to whatever extent provina could shut you down would surely be quickly normalized upon upon cessation of the drug

HEAVYLIFT

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 07:27:26 AM »
What about if you stacked it with clomid / nolva / DAA ?

They would bring your natty test to the upper levels, and you could run a higher dose of proviron with no supression of LH and FSH ?

What you guys think about this ? I got no money for gear at the moment, I guess it would help me dieting naturally along with some clen and epehdrine it would be a good "natural stack" LOOL

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 08:35:25 AM »
I used 50mg a day of schering proviron for 8 weeks for libido/sperm boost as I was trying for a baby with my wife and did 2-3 oral only cycles a few months prior. We scored on the first month of trying.

HEAVYLIFT

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2012, 06:59:27 AM »
so do you think what i stated above will work ?

congrats on the baby

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 01:03:07 AM »
I used 50mg a day of schering proviron for 8 weeks for libido/sperm boost as I was trying for a baby with my wife and did 2-3 oral only cycles a few months prior. We scored on the first month of trying.

Congratulations man.  :)