Author Topic: Does pining shoulders could induce/cause rotator cuff tendinitis?  (Read 1520 times)

falco

• Getbig V
Looking back in my bodybuilding path i have never had any kind of shoulder injury or pain up until i was 30.
At this age i started using steroids and shoted them in the shoulders.
Sustenon and primobolan were the more prone to local inflamation.
Used them on and of for some years and during that time develop serious shoulder tendinitis wich lead to a partial rotator cuff tear later.

Could there be a relationship between this recurrent inflamatory processes and chronic tendinitis?

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
Re: Does pining shoulders could induce/cause rotator cuff tendinitis?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 07:27:35 AM »
I think its possible, also you may have been pounding out big weights on your presses with the extra rocket fuel...

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 07:48:31 AM »
nah i think its ust the age,man.

cant do the same things as when 20,thats it.

the joints take a beating from consistent lifting, one better has his mass before 30, building later on with old joints will be very unpractical
n

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 08:09:18 AM »
nah i think its ust the age,man.

cant do the same things as when 20,thats it.

the joints take a beating from consistent lifting, one better has his mass before 30, building later on with old joints will be very unpractical

You think bone structure has any role in how heavy compound movements like seated dumbbell rows affect one person's joints versus another?

Like for example I was watching The hodge twins working out with the 80's or something like that and this older dude, probably 20 years or so their senior was repping the 110's like it was nothing. He was your typical endo with the little bit of a  gut, doesn't really care about the mirror and probably has spent his whole life in the gym, just going in and moving heavier weight.

I wonder if those types have more leeway physiologically with the heavier stuff than an ecto who just busts his ass consistently in the gym, gets alot stronger but probably needs to back off the heavier weights at an earlier age simply because of bone structure?

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 08:26:17 AM »
What about impingement? Only reason I haven't pinned shoulders...got plenty of issues, assume adding scar tissue to the mix won't help!

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 10:29:30 AM »
I think its possible, also you may have been pounding out big weights on your presses with the extra rocket fuel...

I have always been in the under half gram a week range, so the "rocket fuel" was very weak. ;D

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 10:40:43 AM »
Nowadays it comes and goes.
Not stoping to working out helps.
If i stop for a couple of months when i restart or do some kind of physical job i have to use anti-inflamatories like injectable diclofenac (glutes this time  :D) twice weekly.

By the way what is "impingement"? Is it cortisone shots on the spot? Doesn't it cause severe bone and articular degradation?

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 07:03:43 AM »
You think bone structure has any role in how heavy compound movements like seated dumbbell rows affect one person's joints versus another?

Like for example I was watching The hodge twins working out with the 80's or something like that and this older dude, probably 20 years or so their senior was repping the 110's like it was nothing. He was your typical endo with the little bit of a  gut, doesn't really care about the mirror and probably has spent his whole life in the gym, just going in and moving heavier weight.

I wonder if those types have more leeway physiologically with the heavier stuff than an ecto who just busts his ass consistently in the gym, gets alot stronger but probably needs to back off the heavier weights at an earlier age simply because of bone structure?

yes, ac joint type 1,2 or 3 is very important factor, no doubt, esp on impingement, im no doctor, but a doctor explained that to me in layman terms, its very simple to understand.

the type 3 ac will cause problems eventualy if one trains + on gear, i went off gear and have much improved painless rom now.

its not ecto endo meso etc, everyone is a mix, shoulder is first and foremost ac joint type, ok one could claim inner socket has nothing to do with that, but it does.

impingement is ,when theres too little room in the joint and everything is inflamed, due to bone touching bone.

leads to all kinds of stuff, inflamed biceps tendon etc.from the impingement, going further in training is asking for disaster.

take care of the shoulder, chances are even post surgery,itll never be the same.

look at anatomic model,not ust skeleton,but how the joints and muscle flow there and are attached, if thats messed up,its shot-done.

n