Author Topic: Just saw "Thor"  (Read 17267 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Just saw "Thor"
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 06:35:56 PM »
damn and i thought it was just me, i saw it in 3d and damn i had the worst headache, i took the glasses off when there was no action scenes and put them on during the action scenes, still hated watching it in 3d, will never go to a movie again in 3d!

not sure why some people experience headaches like myself and others are fine?

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 06:39:44 PM »
I will pass.  The pussification of childhood comic book heroes, coupled with the politically correct bullshit of a Nordic Negro is enough to compel me to keep my money.

And my dignity.  ;)

Fuck that noise.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2011, 06:40:42 PM »
they should have given the role to gunther or triple h at least. this guy isn't very convincing as a superhero.

Gunter can barely speak english

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2011, 06:44:52 PM »
I will pass.  The pussification of childhood comic book heroes, coupled with the politically correct bullshit of a Nordic Negro is enough to compel me to keep my money.

And my dignity.  ;)

Fuck that noise.

get over yourself. its hollywood ffs. their job is to entertain us not educate us in nordic mythology

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2011, 06:52:29 PM »
get over yourself. its hollywood ffs. their job is to entertain us not educate us in nordic mythology

X1000

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2011, 06:56:59 PM »

Fuck that noise, kid.  My money and I'll spend it where and when I want to on what I think is worth both my time and my money.  Get over yourself.  Having spent part of my childhood reading Greek, Roman and Norse myths I appreciate them for what they are, i.e., not only entertaining, but more often than not,  instructive.  Not always true, but there are lessons to be learned in many of the stores of the aforementioned peoples.  And yes my young friend, I am aware that this film is based loosely upon a comic book which in turn is based loosely upon Norse mythology.

Fuck Hollyweird and its political correctness.

andreisdaman, FTN X 1000 kiddo. 

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2011, 07:34:53 PM »
rined movie
thor who's strength
and i quote from wikepedia
Thor is physically the strongest of the Asgardians,[38][133][134][135][136][137] even able to match (and sometimes surpass) the strength of The Incredible Hulk.[volume
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_%28Marvel_Comics%29

but we see in the movies thor punching soldiers full force and they are just stunned..... and we see thor been knocked out by a girl in a tazer....
garbage...
should be bought on pirate dvd
90% superhero movies are garbage especially for people who have read comics
choice is an illusion

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2011, 08:30:03 PM »
Saw this movie tonight in 3D. It was a good movie. Special effects were good.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2011, 08:54:38 PM »
rined movie
thor who's strength
and i quote from wikepedia
Thor is physically the strongest of the Asgardians,[38][133][134][135][136][137] even able to match (and sometimes surpass) the strength of The Incredible Hulk.[volume
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_%28Marvel_Comics%29

but we see in the movies thor punching soldiers full force and they are just stunned..... and we see thor been knocked out by a girl in a tazer....
garbage...
should be bought on pirate dvd
90% superhero movies are garbage especially for people who have read comics

Its pretty good Meso.

Thor, when he gets tazed and is hitting humans, has had ALL of his powers/strength stripped of him, by Odin, because he threw attacked the Frost giants and accidently almost started a war in a fit of rage. Odin stripped him of his powers and sent him to earth to teach him about selflessness and being a good leader.
When he HAS his power, they did a good job of really capturing the full... EPICNESS of his strength. Its rediculous. The man is almost unstopabble.

So it wasnt quite as bad.
Lots better than I imagined, and the actor is kind of a fucing BAMF actually.
Id suggest you set aside your prejudice and go see it. Its worth the money.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2011, 09:20:32 PM »
Ok man I was really judging it on the few clips I saw.... I stand corrected
Based on what you said I will go and see it...
Cant be as bad as some of the spider man movies and xmen
I'll see it this weekend
choice is an illusion

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2011, 10:29:45 PM »
I saw it in 3D on the Imax screen which was visually impressive but I was not impressed by the story and actually felt somewhat bored mid way through the movie.

I never did read a Thor comic book so I can't say if Hemsworth did  a good job or not but it appeared that he was an impressive super-hero, more so than other actors who act in Super Hero flicks.

It has to make something like $85,000,000 this opening weekend to beat Universal's Fast Five record and I hope it happens.

Something about 3D ..... Once you're about 10 minutes into any 3D movie, you seem to lose that 3D experience, but the IMAX screen and sound-track really add to the enjoyment of any big screen presentation all the way through the end.

I actually can't recall any scene in this THOR movie that made great use of the 3D camera. Nothing seemed to jump off that screen to hit me in the nose.

I did not like this movie. I hate to say that though.

What was the final scene that was added at the conclusion of the final credits? We left before it rolled.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2011, 10:31:19 PM »
Fuck that noise, kid.  My money and I'll spend it where and when I want to on what I think is worth both my time and my money.  Get over yourself.  Having spent part of my childhood reading Greek, Roman and Norse myths I appreciate them for what they are, i.e., not only entertaining, but more often than not,  instructive.  Not always true, but there are lessons to be learned in many of the stores of the aforementioned peoples.  And yes my young friend, I am aware that this film is based loosely upon a comic book which in turn is based loosely upon Norse mythology.

Fuck Hollyweird and its political correctness.

andreisdaman, FTN X 1000 kiddo. 
you know at one time, Flex Wheeler was going to do a "Black Hercules" role---wonder what happened to that...

2fromla

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2011, 01:37:01 AM »
Just a few thought on the film. The 3D conversion was done in post production which is why it looked afwul ie. Clash of The Titans. Films like Avatar or the last Resident Evil film actually shot with 3D cameras can look great. The problem with post conversions is that certain elements get the 3D traetment and certain don't so the onscreen image can look unnatural and jarring.

Anyway I thought Hemsworth was quite good. Anthony Hopkins mostly resisted any over the top hamming it up and the supporting players were solid. Goddamn Jaimie Alexander is smoking hot!!! I think she is my new favorite hot actress.

tlc

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2011, 02:31:25 AM »
What happened to action movie stars with real muscle? The Brad Pitt clone in Thor was OK in the role, but I'd rather watch guys whose bodies are better than mine. No homo etc. Vin Diesel looked like a complete sack of shit in Fast 5.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2011, 07:48:13 AM »
you know at one time, Flex Wheeler was going to do a "Black Hercules" role---wonder what happened to that...

;D  Yeah, I think someone here said the working title was "Welfarecles".   ;)  Given Eddie Murphy's penchant for multiple role playing in films perhaps he could costar as an overweight and overbearing Biggie Zeus.  The film could be given the title "Afrocletus" or some such homage to one of his characters from "The Nutty Professor" remake.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2011, 08:07:08 AM »
Supposedly they had to remake his suit as he showed up 30lbs heavier than expected

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2011, 08:19:37 AM »
I saw it in 3D on the Imax screen which was visually impressive but I was not impressed by the story and actually felt somewhat bored mid way through the movie.

I never did read a Thor comic book so I can't say if Hemsworth did  a good job or not but it appeared that he was an impressive super-hero, more so than other actors who act in Super Hero flicks.

It has to make something like $85,000,000 this opening weekend to beat Universal's Fast Five record and I hope it happens.

Something about 3D ..... Once you're about 10 minutes into any 3D movie, you seem to lose that 3D experience, but the IMAX screen and sound-track really add to the enjoyment of any big screen presentation all the way through the end.

I actually can't recall any scene in this THOR movie that made great use of the 3D camera. Nothing seemed to jump off that screen to hit me in the nose.

I did not like this movie. I hate to say that though.

What was the final scene that was added at the conclusion of the final credits? We left before it rolled.

I agree about it getting slow in the middle. Was definitely draggy there for a bit. But the fight scenes were very good and the graphics were pretty awesome.

Agreed on the 3D, also. Was useless, as usual.

The clip after the credits had Stellan Skarsgard's character going down into some facility where he met Nick Fury and Fury showed him the cosmic cube. Loki was also in the glass and looked to be controlling Skarsgard's character. 

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2011, 02:36:21 PM »
I must say what a great time to be a Thor fan!!!

The single greatest scene I've ever seen in a movie was when Thor whirled Mjonir over his head and crashed it down making an earthquake was breathtaking!!! I had tears in my eyes!!!

When Thor gets his power back and kicks the Destroyers butt!!! So unbelievable!!!!

And Stan Lee's appearance was the best one he ever did!! I was cracking up!! It was priceless!!

AWESOME!!!!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2011, 02:39:27 PM »
;D  Yeah, I think someone here said the working title was "Welfarecles".   ;)  Given Eddie Murphy's penchant for multiple role playing in films perhaps he could costar as an overweight and overbearing Biggie Zeus.  The film could be given the title "Afrocletus" or some such homage to one of his characters from "The Nutty Professor" remake.

This was back in 93-94, well before the Nutty Professor...

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »
;D  Yeah, I think someone here said the working title was "Welfarecles".   ;) 

That would be me, my friend.

Team FTN

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2011, 03:18:27 PM »
That would be me, my friend.

Team FTN

That's right up there with Reeves calling Kai a "Humanzee" hahaha

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2011, 04:17:46 PM »
Bro when you go to the theatre check the refrigerator area for these bad boys and thank me later ;)

I used to work for Dreyer's Ice Cream, and we distributed those things everywhere. At one point, I moved to a different depot and they had a bunker full of them to take home 1-2 a day if you wanted. I had some every few days, but one guy told me that he gained 30lbs on them one summer just by eating one per day. While I think that wasn't all he was eating, I know firsthand those Tollhouse sandwiches are calorie BOMBS.

Now I distribute Mrs. Fields sandwiches...and since I've had both I think the Fields are better. However, I am biased with that decision. :D

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2011, 04:36:09 PM »
That's right up there with Reeves calling Kai a "Humanzee" hahaha

Reeves is quite the little evil genius, isnt he.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2011, 05:41:09 PM »
saw it today and i enjoyed it, good popcorn movie, great special effects, great looking asgard and the other realms, etcetera. hemsworth did a good job i thought.....

????????????????/
G

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2011, 08:25:43 PM »
Indie-Lad, at what part did Stan Lee appear in THOR? I usually notice those kind of shots immediately .... but this one escaped me.

Some recently new movie makers have included 'back-drop-cookies' to the backdrops of their films which are rarely noticeable to movie fans outside of the motion picture industry or possibly even by those who are not working on that particular production.

To be honest with ya, I have  never noticed one of those 'cookies' even though I have been advised of its inclusion in a number of major productions.

They are meant to be hidden in plain sight ....  and they do a damn good job.

Has anyone here ever noticed a movie 'cookie'?