Author Topic: Mom is gonna meet Mr. Frank Zane during The Arnold Week-end  (Read 3505 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: Mom is gonna meet Mr. Frank Zane during The Arnold Week-end
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2011, 01:29:14 PM »
Ask him if he ever maxed out on his Leg Blaster.

:D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2011, 01:33:16 PM »
That's a good question funk51, and I think it would be ok to ask. As far as the roid questions, well I'm not so sure if those would fly.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2011, 01:37:50 PM »
Oops, I meant to say that dogbowl had a good question ;D And yeah, I can understand about him being aloof, but since she will be meeting him at a small dinner party with his good friend, then maybe he will be more open and relaxed.

mcluvin

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 07:53:53 AM »
Had a buddy go to the Arnold last year and he said nobody was at Zane's booth. Claimed he talked to him without interuption for almost 30 minutes and felt so bad he bought a book off him. He said someone would say "there's Zack Kahn !!!" and whole hords of people would clamor that way looking for him.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2011, 07:57:31 AM »
Had a buddy go to the Arnold last year and he said nobody was at Zane's booth. Claimed he talked to him without interuption for almost 30 minutes and felt so bad he bought a book off him. He said someone would say "there's Zack Kahn !!!" and whole hords of people would clamor that way looking for him.
Bay likey  ;D

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2011, 10:14:37 AM »

Sad, but the young fans of today have little knoweldge of an old fart like Zane. They see some old decrepid dude with veins on his 16-inch arms and think, Who cares. Just fact.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2011, 10:18:34 AM »
Ask him if he ever maxed out on his Leg Blaster.

:D
Ha! I remember that ad in the back of the magazines. Always looked a bit sad, and wondered if anyone even bought one of those. 

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2011, 10:58:41 AM »
Does he prefer swimming in a pool or the ocean?

LMAO !

WOOOSSHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2011, 11:01:42 AM »
Although I think he had a great physique, the couple of times I met Zane, I found him to be very aloof and unfriendly. I said some very intelligent and complimentary things to him and he totally blew me off. And it wasn't just me, he acted this way towards lots of people. His wife Christine was very nice though and basically apologized to me for her husband's rude behavior. I got the feeling she did that a lot.

Lou Ferrigno on the other hand, is a sweet guy...hope You get the chance to meet him, a class act.

WOOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH

mcluvin

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2011, 12:38:58 PM »
Sad, but the young fans of today have little knoweldge of an old fart like Zane. They see some old decrepid dude with veins on his 16-inch arms and think, Who cares. Just fact.

Yep, that's exactly what I was getting at. It is sad.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2011, 01:11:29 PM »
Yep, that's exactly what I was getting at. It is sad.

Not if he is as much of a douche as most suggest he is.
Trans Milkshake.

mcluvin

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2011, 07:12:00 AM »

Not if he is as much of a douche as most suggest he is.

I've heard waaay too many stories about Rich Gaspari being an ass but my buddy said Zane was very approachable. That's really all I have to go on. I saw him in person at a seminar in the 80's. I never talked to him though.