Author Topic: Question for the mods only - answers will be appreciated  (Read 5462 times)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: Question for the mods only - answers will be appreciated
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2008, 06:01:05 PM »
Is it important to lift heavy? like, will that get you hot ladies?  ::)

Just making a point, bro.

If you can't lift your own bodyweight I don't consider you a lifter at all.

A pretender in the gym hiding behind the benchpress.   ;D

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2008, 06:04:32 PM »
Just making a point, bro.

If you can't lift your own bodyweight I don't consider you a lifter at all.

A pretender in the gym hiding behind the benchpress.   ;D

DIV

i go according to what i learned back in the days, bench press at least your bodyweight, biceps curl at least half of your bodyweight...good instructions :)

Stavios

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2008, 06:05:01 PM »
How many of those guys on G&O do you think actually lift........lifty heavy........?

I'd say about 25% at most.

The rest are gimmick accounts and lurkers.

I've been a Moderator here for years and Ron has told me stories.

Alot of the people on the Gossip forum have nothing to do with bodybuilding or lifting at all.......  ;D

DIV

of course there are a lot of gimmicks on the  G and O like Adonis but some knowledgeable guys like Disgusted post some good shits over there too

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2008, 06:15:57 PM »
of course there are a lot of gimmicks on the  G and O like Adonis but some knowledgeable guys like Disgusted post some good shits over there too

Disgusted posts on here at times, and he's not a gimmick.

I still stand by what I said.

A good percentage of the people who live on G&O are not lifters or bodybuilders.

It is what it is.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 07:18:45 AM »
Like the other guys, a lot of reading, a lot of asking questions and from those that have used and done so seriously. After that, a lot of trial and error, and then more asking. Some of the best stuff I've learned has come from Dave and Milos.

I enjoy when some of the people you're refereeing to ask the question, "Are you a doctor." Most people don't understand some pretty simple facts. Most doctors don't know that much about AAS, most will tell you this if they are honest. They don't spend years studying the affects of these drugs while in medical school, in the grand scheme of things there isn't that much info out there that would be considered medically legitimate for them to devote a lot of time to. But that's only because our society has chosen for there not to be.

I'm not saying there is not good medical info out there, there is, but there isn't tons and tons of info that is acknowledged by the medical community as a whole.

Another thing I thoroughly enjoy is when some guy will try to take some simple advice that I give and refute it with some article that he probably has a very limited understanding of that came from a so called "Expert." In this case they will twist the words to fit their own ideas and say look, this guy has "Expert" attached to his name so there. Many of the so called "Experts" out there have the same base of knowledge that the rest of us have (rest of us meaning those that have tried to gain some knowledge about this.)

Myself, I've never once tried to claim I'm an expert. I have never given anyone medical advice or tried to play doctor with their health. I give out my advice based on some of the actual facts that we do know, based on what's worked for me and others as well, and I try to base this advise and hand out my opinions based on a surrounding level of truth to the subject. After that the person can make their own judgment.

So know, I'm not a doctor, I haven't made my own gear in my house...never will. How deep is my knowledge? More then most but less then many.

tolliscd

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2008, 07:20:35 AM »
Im not a Mod but have BA and a MS and a year of law. I think the person with a head on there shoulders should read William Lleywyn (spelling) ANABOLICS books. Do your research and find out what does what and organize your schedule and not get sloppy. Treat your cycle like a doctor prescribed medicine to you and follow the schedule religiously! Trial and error is also a way to learn but many mistakes could be made along the way that could be damaging to say the least and have long term side effects.

For the record i agree , the mods do a fine job keeping everyone in check and the board safe!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2008, 07:32:24 AM »
Im not a Mod but have BA and a MS and a year of law. I think the person with a head on there shoulders should read William Lleywyn (spelling) ANABOLICS books. Do your research and find out what does what and organize your schedule and not get sloppy. Treat your cycle like a doctor prescribed medicine to you and follow the schedule religiously! Trial and error is also a way to learn but many mistakes could be made along the way that could be damaging to say the least and have long term side effects.

For the record i agree , the mods do a fine job keeping everyone in check and the board safe!

Which is the whole point of being a Mod. Being a Mod on a steroid board has nothing to do with being an expert. If the "Expert" title was to be given to some on this board, there are others that would qualify much more then me.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2008, 07:33:29 AM »
Which is the whole point of being a Mod. Being a Mod on a steroid board has nothing to do with being an expert. If the "Expert" title was to be given to some on this board, there are others that would qualify much more then me.

You speak the truth bro.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2008, 07:35:20 AM »
Thanks to all the ones that answered my question :)

4thAD

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2008, 07:54:39 AM »
Nice post AJ! I agree completely with your last statement. Our job is to moderate the board, not be experts. For some reason some people think we are the experts, just because we hold the title of Mod. I still seek answers from others, and I am still learning about all of this. I seek knowledge from people that really know what they speak of. One of those that I wish was still on the board was Trab. Trab was a true expert IMO. The man knew what he spoke of from experience, and trial and error, and many years in the game.

I love these two quotes! "How deep is my knowledge? More then most but less then many."
                                  "How deep is my knowledge? Deeper then a puddle but more shallow then a lake. "

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2008, 07:56:43 AM »
Nice post AJ! I agree completely with your last statement. Our job is to moderate the board, not be experts. For some reason some people think we are the experts, just because we hold the title of Mod. I still seek answers from others, and I am still learning about all of this. I seek knowledge from people that really know what they speak of. One of those that I wish was still on the board was Trab. Trab was a true expert IMO. The man knew what he spoke of from experience, and trial and error, and many years in the game.

I love this quote! "How deep is my knowledge? More then most but less then many."

Come on mine was good too...

How deep is my knowledge? Deeper then a puddle but more shallow then a lake.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2008, 07:59:21 AM »

I love this quote! "How deep is my knowledge? More then most but less then many."

to be honest, i think most people agree that if you are a mod, then you must be an expert. as you say, maybe thats wrong, but it is like that not just here but anywhere.
You go to HOME DEPOT and ask the guy for a screwdriver, and you will do whatever he wants because you think he's the right one, same here.
To my very own oppinion, you aj div rim overload luolamies trab and anybody else im missing, are non questionable sources of information.

4thAD

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2008, 08:00:02 AM »
Haha didnt you say the same thing? I thought you said the same quote, I'll have to go back and look cause I was thinking of your quote as well as I was posting. LMAO!

OK fixed refer to previous post!

I love these two quotes! "How deep is my knowledge? More then most but less then many."
                                  "How deep is my knowledge? Deeper then a puddle but more shallow then a lake. "

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2008, 08:44:23 AM »
to be honest, i think most people agree that if you are a mod, then you must be an expert. as you say, maybe thats wrong, but it is like that not just here but anywhere.
You go to HOME DEPOT and ask the guy for a screwdriver, and you will do whatever he wants because you think he's the right one, same here.
To my very own oppinion, you aj div rim overload luolamies trab and anybody else im missing, are non questionable sources of information.
I agree, you should know something.

Using your example, if you work at Home Depot and sell screwdrivers and I come up asking about one, you should be able to tell me something about that screwdriver. This doesn't mean you should be expected to be a screwdriver expert though, I don't think I should be upset with you if you can't tell me the full illustrious history of screwdrivers or list every possible use that the particular screwdriver might have.

I'll also say this, when it comes to AAS, my opinions what I know, they are not perfect and I'm not always right. I've had others prove me wrong on here before and every time they have "proven" me wrong I have admitted to it and simply said, "hey, you're right and I was wrong." Now, that said, everything else in life, my opinions on these things...well these are not questionable. 8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2008, 09:54:41 AM »
So guys, whenever you check this forum, theres a idiot claiming all of you dont life weights, dont know shit about nutrition, and the biggest accusation, that you all have crap knowledge when it comes about roids.

I dont wanna put a list of the idiots, because you know them, so my question is.

How did you learn about steroids? Did you study something related with medicine? How deep is your knowledge? Have any of you have self made roids in home? Etc.

No need to give details, about location, university names, schools, just try to make a little bio about you and the "dark side" as div call it :)

ps: no bad intentions, i think most of you know me already.

I'm not a mod, but i get a lot of shit so i guess i qualify!

When i first went to college i studied Kinesiology and then Pharmacology. Then i realized 8 years of school would suck, so i changed to Engineering.

I've read hundreds of books on the human body and the endo system. i have over 500 books in my study, all about the human body in some way.

Used for 7 years with zero negative effects...well a little back hair and some acne.

I've brewed plenty of stuff.

Laid out programs and cycles for literally hundreds of people with good success.

I successfully used heavily for over 3 years straight, came off and my values returned to normal within 8 months. i guess that says something.

Mods are not experts, they are moderators with a purpose per the definition. i really haven't found too many AAS experts, in fact most experts contradict each other with every statement. experts would require payment IMO, so having the people we do is good enough for me.

i've never claimed to be anything, much less an expert, but i guess when you are strong and opinionated you get singled out as a wannabe expert. i'm an expert at nothing, but i know a little of everything in this field.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2008, 09:55:33 AM »

When i first went to college i studied Kinesiology and then Pharmacology. Then i realized 8 years of school would suck, so i changed to Engineering.

I've read hundreds of books on the human body and the endo system. i have over 500 books in my study, all about the human body in some way.

Used for 7 years with zero negative effects...well a little back hair and some acne.

Laid out programs and cycles for literally hundreds of people with good success.

I successfully used heavily for over 3 years straight, came off and my values returned to normal within 8 months. i guess that says something.

Mods are not experts, they are moderators with a purpose per the definition. i really haven't found too many AAS experts, in fact most experts contradict each other with every statement. experts would require payment IMO, so having the people we do is good enough for me.

i've never claimed to be anything, much less an expert, but i guess when you are strong and opinionated you get singled out as a wannabe expert. i'm an expert at nothing, but i know a little of everything in this field.

8)

Back hair...aaaaarrrrggghh!

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2008, 10:00:09 AM »

8)

back hair is so pimp, thats evidence you chased the dream :)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2008, 10:02:55 AM »
LOL!

My girl actually likes it, says it makes me look like a beast! She also likes the torn caluses on my hands...she's a keeper.

I haven't shaved in about a year, so the rug is in full effect!

8)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008, 10:33:35 AM »
Like the other guys, a lot of reading, a lot of asking questions and from those that have used and done so seriously. After that, a lot of trial and error, and then more asking. Some of the best stuff I've learned has come from Dave and Milos.

I enjoy when some of the people you're refereeing to ask the question, "Are you a doctor." Most people don't understand some pretty simple facts. Most doctors don't know that much about AAS, most will tell you this if they are honest. They don't spend years studying the affects of these drugs while in medical school, in the grand scheme of things there isn't that much info out there that would be considered medically legitimate for them to devote a lot of time to. But that's only because our society has chosen for there not to be.

I'm not saying there is not good medical info out there, there is, but there isn't tons and tons of info that is acknowledged by the medical community as a whole.

Another thing I thoroughly enjoy is when some guy will try to take some simple advice that I give and refute it with some article that he probably has a very limited understanding of that came from a so called "Expert." In this case they will twist the words to fit their own ideas and say look, this guy has "Expert" attached to his name so there. Many of the so called "Experts" out there have the same base of knowledge that the rest of us have (rest of us meaning those that have tried to gain some knowledge about this.)

Myself, I've never once tried to claim I'm an expert. I have never given anyone medical advice or tried to play doctor with their health. I give out my advice based on some of the actual facts that we do know, based on what's worked for me and others as well, and I try to base this advise and hand out my opinions based on a surrounding level of truth to the subject. After that the person can make their own judgment.

So know, I'm not a doctor, I haven't made my own gear in my house...never will. How deep is my knowledge? More then most but less then many.

At the same time you have to consider how often doctor's deal with steroids or hormones in practice (unless they're an endo) most of the time a doctor is dealing with things like cold's , flu's, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, etc.  other normal problems/diseases. Most doc's don't treat anyone that uses (or abuses) steroids, esp. since in medicine there's hardly any use for them, other then for wasting diseases like cancer and aids or anemia, and even then it's a longshot.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 11:11:22 AM »
LOL!

My girl actually likes it, says it makes me look like a beast! She also likes the torn caluses on my hands...she's a keeper.

I haven't shaved in about a year, so the rug is in full effect!

8)

Nice. On a side note don't ever let your girl wax your back...ouch.  :'(

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2008, 01:07:51 PM »
Nice. On a side note don't ever let your girl wax your back...ouch.  :'(

Arnold jr gets his back waxed regularly. Guys if a professional does it it's not that bad.

I've had an ex-girl friend who did it once and it nearly killed me. Having someone who does it for a living makes all the difference. They know how to pull the skin tight in the right direction and how to pull the hair off to where it doesn't hurt as bad.

Now the first time or two you have it done, even by a pro it's still going to hurt, just not as bad. And if you keep doing it, it will hurt less and less each time. Your hair gets finer and your skin just gets used to it. But you have to keep it up. I get it done about ever 3 months.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2008, 01:18:02 PM »
Never waxed anything, and i get ingrown hairs like crazy when i shave it.

I just use hair clippers with a No. 1 guard and go over my entire body. My girl and I can knock this out in about 15 mins.

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2008, 01:31:24 PM »
Never waxed anything, and i get ingrown hairs like crazy when i shave it.

I just use hair clippers with a No. 1 guard and go over my entire body. My girl and I can knock this out in about 15 mins.

8)

If you shave it, do so after you shower to remove any dirt and oil. Once you're done shaving, dry your back off well and then rub on Witches Hazel all over you back...this will take care of it. Doesn't hurt to put some Witches Hazel on it later that day and if you tan that can help out even more...if you do tan just make sure you applie the Witches Hazel again.

If you wax it, DO NOT tan afterwards for at least a few days. Your pores are open and you will get some serious crap in there and end up with a huge breakout.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2008, 04:01:39 PM »
Arnold jr gets his back waxed regularly. Guys if a professional does it it's not that bad.

I've had an ex-girl friend who did it once and it nearly killed me. Having someone who does it for a living makes all the difference. They know how to pull the skin tight in the right direction and how to pull the hair off to where it doesn't hurt as bad.

Now the first time or two you have it done, even by a pro it's still going to hurt, just not as bad. And if you keep doing it, it will hurt less and less each time. Your hair gets finer and your skin just gets used to it. But you have to keep it up. I get it done about ever 3 months.

I told her next time I was going to a pro...how she found it funny when only half the strip would come off.  >:(

Nair also works excellent.

tolliscd

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2008, 04:42:30 PM »
AGREED