Author Topic: “Shadow Banning” on Twitter  (Read 1535 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
“Shadow Banning” on Twitter
« on: January 11, 2018, 12:01:11 PM »
I’ve been recently following a lot of the left-wing sites on Twitter: The Hill, Daily Kos, Huffpo and I’ve come to the conclusion that they’re just supplying a demand. Even without the mainstream media, libtards would still be Libtards.

One of the reasons I started following a lot of left-wing sites was because I didn’t want to be profiled by Twitter as a right wing nut. Suspicions confirmed:

Twitter Employees Brag About 'Shadow Banning' Users [VIDEO]

http://thefederalist.com/2018/01/11/twitter-employees-brag-about-shadow-banning-users-video/

“In a conversation at a restaurant on December 1, another former Twitter engineer, Conrado Miranda, says it’s “a thing.” Miranda explained that one of the filters that sort which tweets are seen by its users minimizes some posts written by Trump supporters, or by users that express conservative ideas.”

Mobil

• Getbig IV
Re: “Shadow Banning” on Twitter
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 08:37:46 PM »

One of the reasons I started following a lot of left-wing sites was because I didn’t want to be profiled by Twitter as a right wing nut. Suspicions confirmed:

Twitter Employees Brag About 'Shadow Banning' Users [VIDEO]

http://thefederalist.com/2018/01/11/twitter-employees-brag-about-shadow-banning-users-video/

“In a conversation at a restaurant on December 1, another former Twitter engineer, Conrado Miranda, says it’s “a thing.” Miranda explained that one of the filters that sort which tweets are seen by its users minimizes some posts written by Trump supporters, or by users that express conservative ideas.”

youtube does the same thing....guess FREEDOM OF SPEACH is disappearing...thanks LIBS!
real men= no rubbers

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 03:58:54 AM »
Instagram flat out disables some conservative accounts.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 05:36:47 AM »
Private business in my opinion should be allowed to discriminate but you can’t have it both ways. If it’s illegal for some guy in a bakery to not bake a cake for a gays you can’t turn around and ban conservatives from your sites because you don’t like what they have to say.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 06:49:42 AM »
youtube does the same thing....guess FREEDOM OF SPEACH is disappearing...thanks LIBS!

Thank goodness FREEDOM OF SPEECH is still around though.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 01:21:50 PM »
#metoo

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 10:05:17 PM »
These techno-Gods have a little more power than they should in my opinion.  They are discriminating against people and I think eventually the law is going to have to catch up with modern society.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 12:07:57 AM »
Private business in my opinion should be allowed to discriminate but you can’t have it both ways. If it’s illegal for some guy in a bakery to not bake a cake for a gays you can’t turn around and ban conservatives from your sites because you don’t like what they have to say.

Good point, and looks like another reason for all the "generosity" in the digital world.  With "free" sites, "free" apps, "free" communication by electronic mail account.  Don't forget the "free" tax software and "free" anti-virus program.

Who'd have ever guessed how kind and thoughtful our lovely new world was due to become.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 05:29:12 PM »
It must be a main reason for pushing the crap on us for "free", really.  It allows them to ignore almost any objection that comes their way in many cases, for one thing.  It allows them do what they want, how they want, take whatever information they can trick out of it, and may those who are negatively affected by it (meaning all of society) please fuck off.

Swell bunch of assholes in "Tech".  They should have been taken down and made to follow rules, before it got too late.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 09:02:14 PM »
Thank goodness FREEDOM OF SPEECH is still around though.

i agree 100%! as long as it isnt censored on opposing views. "i dont like your opinion/view therefore we will delete/censor your videos" makes sense!

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/356966-prageru-sues-google-youtube-for-censoring-conservative-videos
real men= no rubbers