Author Topic: Laura!!!  (Read 2333 times)

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
Laura!!!
« on: July 26, 2008, 12:52:21 AM »
Haven't been on the boards in ages, but last time I was, you were having some health issues.  Is all ok now?  Apologies if this is a double posting.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Laura!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 07:21:33 AM »
Haven't been on the boards in ages, but last time I was, you were having some health issues.  Is all ok now?  Apologies if this is a double posting.
I have been dealing with several health issues this year.  First we thought I had a heart problem (was in hospital with heart rate of 185 bpm).  Then pneumonia and while they treated me for that they discovered I had sarcoidosis, an auto immune disease.  While being treated for that in my lungs they worked on getting my heart back to a normal rhythem (had an ablation on my heart 2 months ago) and they treated the sarcoidosis in my lungs with high dosages of prednisone.   My primary doctor wanted my thyroid checked because I've had nodules on them for about 4 years.  Back in Massachusetts when first diagnosed with the nodules they had me on thyroid medication for hypothyroidism.  I was on that for about 6 months but my tsh and t3 and t4 levels were normal so they took me off and watched the nodules for a while, they didn't change.  So anyway, couple years later...now in Florida, my new doctor sent me to have an ultrasound done on them. They showed the nodules that I had told him I had.  He sent me to an endocrinologist who ordered a thyroid uptake scan.  After the scan the doctor said he wanted the nodules biopsied.  I had them biopsied last Monday.  Wednesday he called me and told me that 2 came back negative, 1 positive.  That I have cancer of the thyroid and it would have to come out.  I spoke to my primary who immediately called the endocrinologist so that all the doctors (heart, lung, thyroid, primary) involved could speak about everything in a whole.  After the heart and lung doctors had heard they decided they better bring in a thoracic surgeon into the picture because the lymph nodes in my chest have been enlarged through out my diagnosis with sarcoidosis and never went back down to normal.  Thyroid cancer uses the lymph nodes to travel and spread to the rest of the body. They (lung, heart, and primary doctors) had thought they were enlarged due to the sarcoidosis and would eventually come down (like my heart did as it was enlarged in the beginning too) through the treatment with the prednisone.  The thoracic surgeon is going to biopsy the lymph nodes in my chest while I'm under having my thryroid removed. 

So, that's the story...I see the surgeons on Tuesday.  I'll get my surgery date then.  I'm very scared.  Thiis has been one hell of a year.  :'(
:D Weee

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 07:31:58 AM »
We all LOVE you Laura, so goodluck with everything, if you need ANYTHING, let us know. We are here for you.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 07:36:57 AM »
We all LOVE you Laura, so goodluck with everything, if you need ANYTHING, let us know. We are here for you.
Thanks sweetie.   :-*

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 07:40:06 AM »
 :(

Praying for you and for those lymph nodes to be free and clear. 
Love ya
R

w8m8

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 09:24:38 AM »
Prayers and Blessings for you to overcome this as we know you can

You are a strong woman with a strong partner

I wish you all the best and send lots of love

:-*

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 01:44:19 PM »
Damn woman, that's a f'd up year!
Hope it all turns out good for you.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 02:09:42 PM »
Thanks everyone.  It definitely has been a pretty sucky year all around.  And I must admit, I don't know what I would have done without Michael.  He's been a huge support and I know it's been really tough on him to watch me go through all this and know we still have a huge battle ahead of us.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 06:33:39 PM »
She will be Back!

(love ya Babe!)

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 10:57:38 PM »
It is a lot to live through in a short time.
All the best

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 09:24:44 AM »
Prayers with you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 11:07:58 AM »
My thoughts are with you ;)

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 06:21:26 AM »
Laura and Mike,

These are the times when we have the not so subtle reminders to cherish every minute with loved ones. I am praying that everything will go well for you but my ultimate prayer is that you and Mike cherish every moment with each other from here on!

You two are in my prayers always. Now may the peace and joy that surpasses all understanding be with you always especially during these unpredictable times.

HM (Full of the faith that crushes all adversity)
W

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 07:41:32 PM »
hang in there momma!!!

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 07:57:16 PM »
Hey pandaphile (lol dont hate me for calling you like that, i just found it funny!)

laura is a warrior

dont forget that

the pussy is mike :)

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 09:57:37 PM »
Hey pandaphile (lol dont hate me for calling you like that, i just found it funny!)

hahaha, ok "pumphard" ::)

;D

Laura, thanks for the update.  That really sucks, but you're a good soul and you'll pull through ok. :)  You've got a great support network around you.

w8m8

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 04:55:19 AM »
Laura and Mike,

These are the times when we have the not so subtle reminders to cherish every minute with loved ones. I am praying that everything will go well for you but my ultimate prayer is that you and Mike cherish every moment with each other from here on!

You two are in my prayers always. Now may the peace and joy that surpasses all understanding be with you always especially during these unpredictable times.

HM (Full of the faith that crushes all adversity)

DITTO  HM

Michael and Laura , you'll both be in our thoughts and prayers all day

Best of everything to you both  :)