Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 689 times)

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
Harry Potter
« on: July 26, 2009, 08:11:12 AM »
Saw the latest one today.
If your a fan you will like it, but if your not it is a long drawn movie that just never got started, for me any way.
Wait and then see it on DVD  ;)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 09:26:03 AM »
Saw the latest one today.
If your a fan you will like it, but if your not it is a long drawn movie that just never got started, for me any way.
Wait and then see it on DVD  ;)

I'm a fan, ...but I didn't like this one. It was too dark & sombre, ...and didn't really appear to be any real mystery to solve, ...except maybe the stupid ending. Loose ends all over the place. It's an outright crime to make people wait for a film, ...and leave everything open without closure. It made no sense. I was happy to see Jim Broadbent tho, ...he's an amazing actor.
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 03:09:26 PM »
can somebody explain the appeal of harry potter? 

i thought it was something only kids liked but adults seem to be obsessed too

E
E

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 04:32:43 AM »
can somebody explain the appeal of harry potter? 

i thought it was something only kids liked but adults seem to be obsessed too

E

I'm not into the books, but the movies have been well done with good cinematic production values, and great storylines... intriguing adventures with sympathetic characters. This last one Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, I found extremely disappointing tho.  :-\

So many of the regular cast seemed relegated to mere cameos, newly introduced characters had no rhyme or reason, and the plot came across as not thoroughly thought out. It left the door open to another sequel, ...but it left too many loose ends that were not tied up sufficiently imo. But hey, one miss out of 6 is a pretty good track record as far as film franchises go.
w