Author Topic: are you convinced ronnie coleman was the top of his class in college accounting?  (Read 2828 times)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
graduated with cum loud and said he didnt even have to study, he would even show the teacher "stuff" he said because he was so good at it

so it must be true? or do they give college degrees automatically to football stars in USA?

Can you name just 1 College or University in yours country  ;D ;D ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I wouldn't put too much weight into graduating from Grambling with honors. Nor would I put too much weight into him having been a cop. Some cops are very intelligent but some aren't. Civil service exams aren't known for being particulary taxing on the brain. As for whether he's a millionaire I have no idea. And of course there are some multi-millionaires who aren't too bright at all - see A-Rod.

In NJ they gave a test for the NJ State Police. 20K applied for 120 positions for the job. Do you think becoming a cop is easy? Maybe in bum fuck hillbilly land. The pay is 108K at top pay for a Trooper with no rank without overtime. In the past the academy had a 40% plus failure rate. So first you have to beat out close to 20 thousand applicants and hope you can get through the academy.

Coleman was a special cop, some states call them class two's. He wasn't even on the A team. He admits he didn't need the money but he wanted to serve and that was admirable.

the trainer

I never went to college and I am a successful trainer with my own home and my s class mercedes, some people thought i was dumb for not going to college and now i am doing better than they are.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Grambling State University, where Coleman went to school, is what's called a "historically black college." It is not exactly known for its academic rigor. The required standardized test scores for admission are quite low and the 4-year graduation rate is well below 10 percent (even the 6-year graduation rate is low). Coleman may have done well academically, but coming out of Grambling I wouldn't be very impressed.    

The admissions and test scores are lower at historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs), because those institutions see themselves as giving people a shot at a college education, even if they weren't top students.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
How many children a person has helps rate how smart a man/woman is...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
The admissions and test scores are lower at historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs), because those institutions see themselves as giving people a shot at a college education, even if they weren't top students.

Any resident of Wyoming can get admitted into the University of Wyoming, so they have low standards.  What's your point?  Admissions standards are harder at Xavier, Howard and a few others.  BTW, my oldest sister went to Xavier for its' BSN program.

Me

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
In NJ they gave a test for the NJ State Police. 20K applied for 120 positions for the job. Do you think becoming a cop is easy? Maybe in bum fuck hillbilly land. The pay is 108K at top pay for a Trooper with no rank without overtime. In the past the academy had a 40% plus failure rate. So first you have to beat out close to 20 thousand applicants and hope you can get through the academy.

Coleman was a special cop, some states call them class two's. He wasn't even on the A team. He admits he didn't need the money but he wanted to serve and that was admirable.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/New-Jersey-Cop-Charged-in-Road-Rage-Murder-CNN-359715.shtml

cephissus

• Getbig V
if he's good with numbers and rules, accounting should be pretty easy for him... he doesn't seem like a drunk or a drug abuser, so doing well in school shouldn't be that hard to believe.

he doesn't sound like a dunce, though, but he's from Louisiana.. listen to Dave Ramsey. he sounds like a dunce as well

LMAO at comparing how dave ramsey sounds to how ronnie sounds

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
The funny thing is - why did they check his claim?   If he was a cop what diff did it make.....   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Any resident of Wyoming can get admitted into the University of Wyoming, so they have low standards.  What's your point?  Admissions standards are harder at Xavier, Howard and a few others.  BTW, my oldest sister went to Xavier for its' BSN program.

Me

The point was that HBCUs have "low standards", because they see (as part of its missions) helping a perceived underserved black community, in terms of college attendance.

I'm not defending Grambling; heck, I don't even like Grambling (I'm a Rattler!!  ;D ). But, that's the spiel that's given for many HBCUs with lower admission requirements.