Author Topic: How did lance dreher train  (Read 5402 times)

markandspike

• Getbig I
How did lance dreher train
« on: August 29, 2011, 12:55:19 PM »
Hi all.

Has anyone seen lance dreher train. Or read any articles about him.

Thanks
Mark

wild willie

• Getbig V
Re: How did lance dreher train
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 07:40:11 AM »
I believe he was very much a "feel" trainer.....more moderate weights and semi high reps....ie...12-15 reps.

I have a friend of mine who trained with him years ago in Arizona.....Lance was helping him with his diet and training......Lance had him eating fairly low cals......quite a bit of orange roughy......Lance always told him to train smart and avoid injuries.

Hope this helps!

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 08:55:13 AM »
Might suggest that Mark&Spike do a simple search. All kinds of information out there. Dreher is now a PHD and has his own radio show....Good Luck.
F

markandspike

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 08:24:06 AM »
thanks willie. Very usefull.

JPM. Have tried doing a search but not much info at all on lance. Just started to listen to him radio show but most of it is about weigh lose, not muscle gain.

Thanks
mark

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 09:09:07 AM »
On the search I did, got him training arms and getting ready for some sort of show. Didn't read much about him though, but got the impression of high sets, moderated weight..the whole volume thing. Actually never heard of him, but was muscular and well balanced of what I looked up.

When posing, in one of the vid's, he had more oil on him than the gulf oil spill. Guess they did that back in the day. Good Luck.
F

markandspike

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 04:46:09 AM »
Hi JPM

Yes have seen the gmv video clip on you tube. But the arm training is just pumping up for the camera.

Thanks
mark

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2023, 04:32:27 PM »
Hi all.

Has anyone seen lance dreher train. Or read any articles about him.

Thanks
Mark

Heavy weights with high volume, kept the reps around 6 to 8. 5 sets of an exercise. He would keep to the same weight each set after warm ups, if he couldn't get 6 reps with that weight on a set he would drop the weight down and carry on until all 5 sets of that exercise was done.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2023, 06:59:01 PM »
Heavy weights with high volume, kept the reps around 6 to 8. 5 sets of an exercise. He would keep to the same weight each set after warm ups, if he couldn't get 6 reps with that weight on a set he would drop the weight down and carry on until all 5 sets of that exercise was done.

Welcome back RimJob!

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2023, 04:46:26 AM »
Welcome back RimJob!

I never went away. Pay more attention.