Author Topic: Neck training  (Read 366 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Neck training
« on: December 13, 2023, 07:51:46 AM »
after a neck injury some years back i always try to train my neck directly & i stretch it. Most people do not need direct training as the neck is trained with other movements but like say calves & Forearms why not train it?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Neck training
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 07:54:16 AM »
I remember reading about the Barbarian Brothers at Goldīs Gym pulling cars using their necks

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2023, 08:03:40 AM »

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 08:10:14 AM »
without weights @ 6:17 very intense

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2023, 08:51:26 AM »
I originally used a the old helmet as pictured. It did a great job.

Now I use this four way neck machine in my basement.

A cheap effective solution is the apparatus in the link I'm putting in here.

Having a built body and a skinny neck or soft looking neck is a bad look. Having a built neck makes you look masculine.  If you want to train the neck on the cheap just fold up a towel and put a plate on your forehead lying on a bench and do neck curls. Get a neck strap off amazon and while sitting do neck extensions with a plate connected to the chain. For the sides you can use hand pressure and even twists resisting your hands.   

https://thestrongneck.com/products/the-strong-neck?variant=39916656230493&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrJKD4OmrggMVrfPICh0dKQdWEAQYASABEgI70PD_BwE

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2023, 09:04:16 AM »
I originally used a the old helmet as pictured. I did a great job.

Now I use this four way neck machine in my basement.

A cheap effective solution is the apparatus in the link I'm putting in here.

Having a built body and a skinny neck or soft looking neck is a bad look. Having a built neck makes you look masculine.  If you want to train the neck on the cheap just fold up a towel and put a plate on your forehead lying on a bench and do neck curls. Get a neck strap off amazon and while sitting do neck extensions with a plate connected to the chain. For the sides you can use hand pressure and even twists resisting your hands.   

https://thestrongneck.com/products/the-strong-neck?variant=39916656230493&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrJKD4OmrggMVrfPICh0dKQdWEAQYASABEgI70PD_BwE
That Helmet looks wicked but i use a neck harness & as you wrote plate wrapped in a towel lying face up off a bench.
I have also tried other methods such as bands but a weight plate works fine.
In the Gyms here i have never seen a direct neck machine but in the USA American Football is a sport where a powerful neck is important also wrestling so you have these machines.
Having said that on German TV we are now getting more American football shown.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2023, 01:58:42 PM »
That Helmet looks wicked but i use a neck harness & as you wrote plate wrapped in a towel lying face up off a bench.
I have also tried other methods such as bands but a weight plate works fine.
In the Gyms here i have never seen a direct neck machine but in the USA American Football is a sport where a powerful neck is important also wrestling so you have these machines.
Having said that on German TV we are now getting more American football shown.

What country are you in again?