Author Topic: what was the last film(s) you watched?  (Read 186143 times)

bradistani

• Getbig V
Re: what was the last film(s) you watched?
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2011, 03:51:27 PM »
Timber Falls (2007) - psycho hillbillies kidnap a couple who are hiking in the wilderness, force them to marry so they can conceive a child in wedlock and without sin..  :o

of course the couple aren't too keen on all this so they have to be brutally tortured to, well, help them see sense..

this is a pretty solid film, despite the wacky plot and unintentional humour.

and the lead actress is pretty hot and we gbet some brief glimpses of her knockers  :P

a good 6/10

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2011, 04:41:28 PM »
The Darjeeling Limited

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2011, 12:58:21 PM »
Creature (2011) - sleazy, b-movie, monster fun with nudity, gore , more nudity and gore as some brainless chick goes skinny dipping in a louisiana swamp,  ::) a paper thin plot, sid haig, and the beautiful serinda swan . oh, and a black, ex marine who fucks up more people than the actual monster  8)

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2011, 04:01:54 PM »
Red State (2011) - very good with an especially good, nay, excellent, performance from michael parks playing the minister and leader of a westboro type, christian fundamentalist group of queer hating nutters. only this group takes its hate one step further from picketing dead gays funerals.. they kidnap and blow their fucking brains out during church service..  :o

john goodman comes in as the atf agent leading the 'waco' style siege on their compound.. which is awesome as plenty of bullets fly in a massive firefight and bodies from both sides hit the deck. i must say the the film seems to go in a different direction from this point, and there's a whacky kind of twist at the end that had me saying 'fuck me'.. vague, but i don't wanna spoil anything for you guys..

a quality 7/10 from me  8)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2011, 04:25:56 PM »
How many movies do you average a week, Brad? I'm anywhere between 4-10.

I just watched Agora. Good cast, acting, dialogue and action. Hopefully it's Rachel Weisz's bum that I saw and not a stunt double's :P

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2011, 06:00:03 PM »
How many movies do you average a week, Brad? I'm anywhere between 4-10.

I just watched Agora. Good cast, acting, dialogue and action. Hopefully it's Rachel Weisz's bum that I saw and not a stunt double's :P

sadly. not so many. maybe up to 4 or 5 a week..

agora has been in my 'to watch' pile forever.. which means it'll probably never get watched, lol..

rachel weisz is really, elegantly beautiful. i've got some topless gifs of her somewhere  :P

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2011, 12:52:35 PM »
Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011) - an overlong, hideous and confusing mess. i swear, i had virtually no clue just what the fuck was going on, on the screen at any one time. the chinese fella  ??? john malkovich  ??? ??? ??? the russian bar  ::)

and then there was what i considered to be a couple of distasteful scenes.. first was one of the robot efforts calling his mate a wanker  ::) and then the scene with shia spitting in that blokes face  :-\  and i swear i heard the f-bomb ? c'mon.. its a kids film ffs !

on the plus side, old pervert bay certainly likes the camera to oggle the on screen crumpet. so no complaints from me there  8)  and it was pretty cool to see buzz aldrin  :)

overall it was shite to be quite honest  :-\

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2011, 06:05:32 PM »
Drive (2011) - this washed from my memory the filth of transformers 3 quite nicely  :)

10/10 , loved it  8)

stylistic, violent crime drama. you'll be hooked after the brilliant opening scene.

gosling is fantastic as the man of few words stuntman and getaway driver.

carey mulligan is incredibly beautiful as the love interest :)

and a great 80s (ish) soundtrack that works very well with the tone of the film.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2011, 06:39:30 PM »
Saw "The Next Three Days" with Russell Crowe and Elizabeth Banks. A little long, but good overall.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2011, 09:39:33 PM »
The Vampire Bat (1933) - a village is in the grips opf terror as a spate of unexplained  deaths is blamed on vampire bats, or worse, human vampires.

suspicion soon turns to village simpleton, herman (dwight frye who played fritz in frankenstein), on account of his apparent like of bats and that he looks so well fed and healthy despite not having a job or begging for food/money.

poor herman is hounded to his death and yet the deaths keep on occurring.

anyway, turns out that all along it wasn't vampire bats, vampires or poor herman responsible for all the deaths... but the very well respected dr. otto von niemann (the legendsry , lionel atwill). who has managed to create life in his laboratory (a rather sad looking, pulsating bath sponge  ;D) that must be sustained by human blood. human blood collected from murdered villagers and made to look like vampirism is alive and well giving cover to the evil dr. and his diabolical experiment in creating life...

as cheesy as these films can sometimes be.. they're always thoroughly entertaining  :)

I so agree with you!...So many people don't get the humor behind "Young Frankenstein"...they complain that the film makes fun of Germans, Brits, Eastern Europeans, Et Al...They are not,...Mel is making fun of 1930's Hollywod!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2011, 09:30:00 PM »
Super 8: Borrows bits and pieces from movies like ET, The Crazies and Cloverfield, but nicely paced, has likeable characters, impressive CGI and action scenes. The CGI isn't overdone and though the movie slows down a bit in the middle, it's still a good watch. 7.5/10.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2011, 06:15:51 PM »
Tales from the Darkside: The Movie (1990) comedy/horror anthology. i like anthologies because if one segment is a bit crappy, you know it's not gonna last to long. no such problems with this though. the first story involving a 3000 year old mummy, was the best of the bunch. the rest were enjoyable enough though.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2011, 03:47:31 PM »
Wrong Turn 4 (2011) bah! - ˝/10

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2011, 04:09:45 PM »
Cargo: Swiss Sci-fi/Thriller movie set in a huge spaceship/station. Impressive visuals, but though it starts out good, loses steam during the middle and ends a bit flat. Borrows from Aliens, Event Horizon, Pandorum and more.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381940/

I saw the first one with Eliza Dushku and thought it gave The Hills Have Eyes a run for it's money. But the 2nd one on has been a DTV release, I think. Haven't seen any of the  sequels and will give it a miss :D

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2011, 04:29:50 PM »

Really?  I liked the other ones.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2011, 09:07:25 PM »
Really?  I liked the other ones.

so did i. i know that with these films its a case of diminishing returns.. but this was just poor. there was a couple of nice kill scenes though, so that gave me a bit of hope. but it wasn't to be. it seemed to take an age to get to the gore as well.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2011, 01:43:06 PM »
Took the nephew to see 'Real Steel.' Like 'Over-the-Top' with the child custody thingy, 'cept they switched the arm-wresting for robot fighting. Good, dumb fun, and the robot shit is awesome!  

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2011, 12:18:35 PM »

I saw the first one with Eliza Dushku and thought it gave The Hills Have Eyes a run for it's money. But the 2nd one on has been a DTV release, I think. Haven't seen any of the  sequels and will give it a miss :D
Watch Wrong Turn 2!!!!!!!!!!

It's much better than the first. Lots of fun if you don't take it seriously. Henry Rollins is in it.

The third movie is garbage.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2011, 05:02:48 PM »
Watch Wrong Turn 2!!!!!!!!!!

It's much better than the first. Lots of fun if you don't take it seriously. Henry Rollins is in it.

The third movie is garbage.

Just because you recommend it, Boost. Good to see you in the E 8)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2011, 05:53:16 PM »
Just watched The Eagle.      Petty good.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2011, 04:03:18 PM »
Night of the Scarecrow (1995) - the spirit of a dead warlock possesses a scarecrow and seeks bloody revenge on the descendants of the family that tricked and imprisoned him.

it was a good watch despite the crappy picture quality of my downloaded vhs rip. shame i couldn't find a decent dvd rip as some of the kills in this film were pretty good and deserved to be seen.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2011, 02:55:39 AM »
Deathwish 5 - great movie.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2011, 02:50:35 PM »
Rats (2003) - pretty average b-horror let down with terrible cgi rats.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2011, 12:21:07 AM »
Saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes yesterday and it was pretty good. Very good CGI, decent acting, great action and some good scenes that make you root for the apes over the humans. Caesar stole the show and his character development was very nicely done.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2011, 06:17:33 PM »
11-11-11 (2011) - watchable but predictable horror/thriller. nowt special at all. a few decent jump scenes got me and i saw the twist coming a mile off. also got bored of the lead actor (george clooney lookalike), proclaiming his lack of faith every five minutes. also the ending was cheesy as fuck. decent effects though !