Author Topic: Testosterone test  (Read 10673 times)

Mclovin

• Getbig III
Testosterone test
« on: July 12, 2013, 07:20:45 AM »
I went to the doctor today and mentioned that the medication I am on seems to be giving me lower energy levels, so he gave me a testosterone test. I've never had this done before. If it comes back low, what would he probably give me? I am only 28 by the way.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
Re: Testosterone test
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 07:23:36 AM »
a bill

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 07:29:48 AM »
Estrogen to finish turning you into a lady.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 07:38:16 AM »
Androgel which will do nothing but kill the rest of your test levels and suppress your LH for the rest of your life.  Unless you overload on HCG or better yet, HMG  (seeing how triptorelin if still in the "iffy" stages) to the extent that you start lactating and menstruating as well.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 07:38:39 AM »
From the way you post, probably a penectomy so it can be donated to someone more deserving.

Mclovin

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 07:41:53 AM »
Estrogen to finish turning you into a lady.
So are you saying I should go ahead and see if they can turn my penis into a vagina?

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 08:21:14 AM »
I went to the doctor today and mentioned that the medication I am on seems to be giving me lower energy levels, so he gave me a testosterone test. I've never had this done before. If it comes back low, what would he probably give me? I am only 28 by the way.

androgel. which is a huge hassle but does fix your problems up a bit. try for injections as they feel more powerful.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 12:29:37 PM »
if it comes in under 400 he'll probably give you the option of cream or patch.. but tell him you'ld rather get the shot. it's wayyy cheaper, so tell him you can't afford the patch or cream. he'll probably write it for 200 every other week or 300 every 3 weeks.

10cc of Phizer cyp is $70 at walgreens. order your own follow up tests for $40 online and they'll send you to Labcorp, just bring the results in to him.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 01:02:53 PM »
The new ranges are fucking bs, the low limit is 240 which is something that most healthy young guys will ahve only after coming of the juice. If your normal levels are that low...ask your doc for an hcg or TRT.  I'd be happy if your test levels are at least 500-550.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Mclovin

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 01:38:20 PM »
Do people ever get prescribed legit bodybuilding steroids when their test levels are low? Or is it always just that gel crap?

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 01:44:45 PM »
Do people ever get prescribed legit bodybuilding steroids when their test levels are low? Or is it always just that gel crap?

You need to do research, mclovin.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »
if it comes in under 400 he'll probably give you the option of cream or patch.. but tell him you'ld rather get the shot. it's wayyy cheaper, so tell him you can't afford the patch or cream. he'll probably write it for 200 every other week or 300 every 3 weeks.

10cc of Phizer cyp is $70 at walgreens. order your own follow up tests for $40 online and they'll send you to Labcorp, just bring the results in to him.

Under 300???

THE BEEF just had the blood panel done, free test was 65, normal values 4 - 6.5. THE BEEF is taking 350 mg of a blend every two weeks. If you are low, 200mg's Delatestryl (Testosterone Enanthate) every 1 -4 weeks - medical protocol.

THE BEEF

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 02:16:59 PM »

I have low testosterone. I am 68 though and not 28 like you. My doctor, like most legitimate doctors will prescribe just enough testosterone to get you into the normal range, which at your age should be higher then it is at mine.

Like another poster recommended, stay away from Androgel. It is more expensive, it has more sides and it often doesn't work that well. The only plus is that for folks too squeamish to inject themselves or wait to have the doctor do it every three weeks, solves these problems. You apply it daily. My experience was that it made my nipples sensitive.....not a good sign in my opinion unless you want breasts instead of pecs.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 02:18:32 PM »

My doctor prescribes testosterone cypionate to treat my low testosterone. Androgel wasn't to my liking. Too expensive and I had side effects from it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 02:25:10 PM »

After a year off testosterone cyp, my levels dropped to 200. They are back up in the normal range now. I'd prefer normal for a guy 18-20 years old, but so far have not been able to talk my doctor into that big a dose. I am injecting 300 mg every other week with no lows prior to the next injection. Before surgery last year, my free testosterone numbers were excellent at between 700 and 1,000 although my doctor though 1,000 was too high. My last labs showed me in the low 400's. At the last visit the doctor let me increase the dosage to 300 mg from 200 mg every other week.

BTW, once you are on testosterone, it is a forever thing if you want to keep your levels in the normal range.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 02:31:59 PM »
The new ranges are fucking bs, the low limit is 240 which is something that most healthy young guys will ahve only after coming of the juice. If your normal levels are that low...ask your doc for an hcg or TRT.  I'd be happy if your test levels are at least 500-550.

I was adding hcg on my own when I was on testosterone cypionate before. I am thinking of doing this again. Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 02:34:09 PM »
So are you saying I should go ahead and see if they can turn my penis into a vagina?

Yes, and if you do it, I'll pay you $10 every time you let me fuck it.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 02:38:39 PM »
 I turn 44 soon and I am sure that my level is zero    I really need to get HRT

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 02:41:55 PM »
I turn 44 soon and I am sure that my level is zero    I really need to get HRT

Not every dude gets low testosterone. Why would you think you have it? BTW 44 is young by my standards.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 02:44:09 PM »
  I will go and get full blood work done and see

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »
  I will go and get full blood work done and see

Again, why would you think it is low?

When I was a kid, I had the mumps during puberty, just late enough into it that it took out one testicle. My guess is (with no absolute proof) that this messed up my testosterone levels for the rest of my life. Didn't stop me from being able to make a couple of kids though, so something was working....at least a little bit. I was on TRT at 16 along with D-bol because the doctor felt I needed a boost. Looking back, this seems pretty significant to me. At least I didn't grow tits! LOL.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 03:27:42 PM »
Again, why would you think it is low?

When I was a kid, I had the mumps during puberty, just late enough into it that it took out one testicle. My guess is (with no absolute proof) that this messed up my testosterone levels for the rest of my life. Didn't stop me from being able to make a couple of kids though, so something was working....at least a little bit. I was on TRT at 16 along with D-bol because the doctor felt I needed a boost. Looking back, this seems pretty significant to me. At least I didn't grow tits! LOL.
What kind of a physic were you able to develope on this (no homo)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 06:53:58 PM »
What kind of a physic were you able to develope on this (no homo)

Pretty good actually. As I stated on Getbig in the past, I was really skinny as a teenager. It is hard to say whether this was just my genetics or as a result of possibly having low testosterone levels. Truth is, the doctor didn't have me do labs as far as I can remember. He just made assumptions. My goal was to get bigger. I achieved this. I wouldn't say that I have ever had a competitive bodybuilder's physique, but I have managed to be fit looking all of my adult life. Today I weigh about 208 and having shrunk some over the years, stand somewhere just under 5'11". Clearly, I am not frail looking.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 06:57:11 PM »
I was adding hcg on my own when I was on testosterone cypionate before. I am thinking of doing this again. Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

Pulse HCG every other day or every two days at 250 iu. I think its that nubmer but with smaller dosages and more spread out (instead of everyday) the effect on ball recovery / testosterone and lh production stimulation is greater.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 07:05:10 PM »
Pulse HCG every other day or every two days at 250 iu. I think its that nubmer but with smaller dosages and more spread out (instead of everyday) the effect on ball recovery / testosterone and lh production stimulation is greater.

This dose of HCG is about right, if I remember correctly. I don't my one real ball to shrink up.  ;D  I consulted with the folks at All Things Male for advice. My doctor doesn't think HCG is necessary but then it isn't his nut that's going to turn into a peanut.