Author Topic: Steroid cycle duration!  (Read 5608 times)

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Steroid cycle duration!
« on: November 27, 2006, 08:27:08 PM »
What kind of a cycle do you prefer? For me personally everything after the 10th week is a waste of time and money! I'm a follower of Paul Borressen ideas 6 week cylcle on a high dosage, 15 - 20 day off and then do it again.Since I start doing it a have a lot less side effects and better gains.

Discuss!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Steroid cycle duration!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 08:36:42 PM »
Typically the 16-20wk range. 2 reasons, some drugs take a while to kick in, i.e. deca, test, etc...running short cycles they kick in and then you immediately jump off. 2nd, and the most important IMO, the fight against homeostasis. If you run longer cycles like this and do so correctly gains can be made the entire time.

whitewidow

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 08:38:53 PM »
I agree 8-10 weeks of megadosing is better.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 08:42:41 PM »
I agree 8-10 weeks of megadosing is better.
Out of curiosity, what do you define as "megadosing?"

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 08:46:28 PM »
Typically the 16-20wk range. 2 reasons, some drugs take a while to kick in, i.e. deca, test, etc...running short cycles they kick in and then you immediately jump off. 2nd, and the most important IMO, the fight against homeostasis. If you run longer cycles like this and do so correctly gains can be made the entire time.
i personally know many people who do 1 cycle all year long and at the end of the year take a few weeks off, and they keep gaining for all 12 month.But long cycles never worked for me.I 've tried a 12 month cycle, an 8 month, 4-6 month and short ones and i noticed that I don't make any gains after the 7 - 8 th week.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 08:49:55 PM »
I've done the 8 month deal, but I think from now on 6 months will be the longest I ever go...for the most part I'll stick with 16-20wks, 8-10wks off repeat.

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 08:52:43 PM »
Out of curiosity, what do you define as "megadosing?"

I dont mean megadosing but a good bulking cycle will look like that:
 250 mg Sust/omnadren ed
 200mg Deca/100mg Winny ed
 150-200 mg test prop ed

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 08:55:29 PM »

250 mg Sust/omnadren ed
 150-200 mg test prop ed
That's mega in my book

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 10:08:42 PM »
That's mega in my book
My book as well...

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 10:32:05 PM »
What kind of a cycle do you prefer? For me personally everything after the 10th week is a waste of time and money! I'm a follower of Paul Borressen ideas 6 week cylcle on a high dosage, 15 - 20 day off and then do it again.Since I start doing it a have a lot less side effects and better gains.

Discuss!

Depends on genetics, how you respond to AAS and each compound specifically.

Many factors.....

I have never tried a 6 week megadosing cycle.

I tend to think it's counterproductive due to the fluctuation in hormone levels.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

whitewidow

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 10:39:05 PM »

250 mg Sust/omnadren ed
 150-200 mg test prop ed

this is exactly what im talking about. its best too just use higher doses for shorter periods and get in more cycles per year. you would be surprised what can be done in 8-10 weeks.

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 10:44:15 PM »
this is exactly what im talking about. its best too just use higher doses for shorter periods and get in more cycles per year. you would be surprised what can be done in 8-10 weeks.

Amen to that! 8)
But afterall we all gotta do what  works best for us.What works best for me might not work  for somebody else! ;)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 07:27:17 AM »

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 07:53:44 AM »
That's insane...

I'd like to see your values after running a blast cycle like that...

8)

VICIOUS_BEAST

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 08:56:10 AM »
YOU GUYS ARE ALL RIGHT,BUT IF THIS GUY DOESN'T TRAIN VICIOUS AND EAT VICIOUS NOTHIN WILL HAPPEN..YA HEARD... ;D ;D

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 01:57:56 PM »
That's insane...

I'd like to see your values after running a blast cycle like that...

8)

I think it's a waste of AAS......way too short to do anything, IMO.

DIV

musclestang

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 05:23:51 PM »
i agree with arnold i think the longer you run a cycle the better chance you have of altering your homeostasis  and keeping your gains, that is within reason. 16-24 weeks is ideal

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 05:24:33 PM »
I think longer and more moderate is best for long term gains.  Too much turning off and on of your HPTA is not good.  Each time you come back it is harder the next time.

I like to gain about 25 lbs then drop 20 lbs of lard over a long period, while maintaining more lean mass.  Your weight may not have gone up much but your body compossition is much better.  Currently for this "cycle" I'm on I was up to 230lbs (5'7") have come down to much harder 205lbs and now people are saying how good I look at this lower weight.  Cause I kept most of the muscle and dropped the fat, and this takes time to do, have to do it gradually. just slowly tightening the screws on the diet.

I was talking a little while ago with a friend and he is a good BB competitor and quite a bit younger than me.  He said something I always knew but have kind of not paid attention to and that is, while on gear you can hold a lot more muscle while dieting.  Probally one of the biggest advantages of gear is that for a BB or anyone after that type of physique.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 05:43:51 PM »
I think longer and more moderate is best for long term gains.  Too much turning off and on of your HPTA is not good.  Each time you come back it is harder the next time.

I like to gain about 25 lbs then drop 20 lbs of lard over a long period, while maintaining more lean mass.  Your weight may not have gone up much but your body compossition is much better.  Currently for this "cycle" I'm on I was up to 230lbs (5'7") have come down to much harder 205lbs and now people are saying how good I look at this lower weight.  Cause I kept most of the muscle and dropped the fat, and this takes time to do, have to do it gradually. just slowly tightening the screws on the diet.

I was talking a little while ago with a friend and he is a good BB competitor and quite a bit younger than me.  He said something I always knew but have kind of not paid attention to and that is, while on gear you can hold a lot more muscle while dieting.  Probally one of the biggest advantages of gear is that for a BB or anyone after that type of physique.

Hurt2Luv,

You are exactly right on that point.

I noticed this as well.

Running something light like 500MG Sustanon ew/100MG Tren ed I can literally get away with very low carbs and still keep positive nitrogen balance.

Whereas if I wasn't on anything, I'd definitely feel it if I was training the same but not eating sufficient carbs.

Of course, I'd rather eat, but haven't had the time the last couple weeks due to my job.

DIV

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 07:38:54 PM »
YOU GUYS ARE ALL RIGHT,BUT IF THIS GUY DOESN'T TRAIN VICIOUS AND EAT VICIOUS NOTHIN WILL HAPPEN..YA HEARD... ;D ;D
Well actually it will happen, but of course you'll have greater results when the nutrition and training are perfect!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 08:26:40 PM »
I think longer and more moderate is best for long term gains.  Too much turning off and on of your HPTA is not good.  Each time you come back it is harder the next time.

I like to gain about 25 lbs then drop 20 lbs of lard over a long period, while maintaining more lean mass.  Your weight may not have gone up much but your body compossition is much better.  Currently for this "cycle" I'm on I was up to 230lbs (5'7") have come down to much harder 205lbs and now people are saying how good I look at this lower weight.  Cause I kept most of the muscle and dropped the fat, and this takes time to do, have to do it gradually. just slowly tightening the screws on the diet.

I was talking a little while ago with a friend and he is a good BB competitor and quite a bit younger than me.  He said something I always knew but have kind of not paid attention to and that is, while on gear you can hold a lot more muscle while dieting.  Probally one of the biggest advantages of gear is that for a BB or anyone after that type of physique.
Perfect reply L2H!

I think I've mentioned before that my training partner is natural but even so he has a great build and has done well comp wise. However he's never been able to come in as big as he'd like because of being natural. He puts on the size and strength during the off-season, so much so that hardly anyone believes he's natural...I'd be willing to bet that he could put a lot of users on here to shame. Anyway back to the point...he took off from competing all last year so he could build a better base before he competes again...he had been competing a lot and needed a break. He's hoping that this extra bulk he's been able to build up will help him come in heavier...but as well as he's done this past long off-season of his, it will be interesting to see if he can pull this off. I know he should be a little bigger then he ever was but I would hate to see him waste all this new found muscle mass, because without AAS he is going to be hard pressed to come in with a massive difference IMO. I guess we'll wait and see.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 05:05:27 AM »
Hurt2Luv,

You are exactly right on that point.

I noticed this as well.

Running something light like 500MG Sustanon ew/100MG Tren ed I can literally get away with very low carbs and still keep positive nitrogen balance.

Whereas if I wasn't on anything, I'd definitely feel it if I was training the same but not eating sufficient carbs.

Of course, I'd rather eat, but haven't had the time the last couple weeks due to my job.

DIV

Yep, that kind of lite cycle is plenty to gain on and keep gains while you diet.  Sounds like you are doing PT as your new job?  Thats cool it must be great to do something you enjoy for a living, plus making money and seeing people progress has to be fulfilling.  I see these women and guys come to gym and get a trainer and they are just trying to better themselves and I have lots of respect for that and always hope they do well and reach their goals.  Something about them feels vunerable and innocent and the trainer is really there helping their confidence, it seems very admirable to me. 

Perfect reply L2H!

I think I've mentioned before that my training partner is natural but even so he has a great build and has done well comp wise. However he's never been able to come in as big as he'd like because of being natural. He puts on the size and strength during the off-season, so much so that hardly anyone believes he's natural...I'd be willing to bet that he could put a lot of users on here to shame. Anyway back to the point...he took off from competing all last year so he could build a better base before he competes again...he had been competing a lot and needed a break. He's hoping that this extra bulk he's been able to build up will help him come in heavier...but as well as he's done this past long off-season of his, it will be interesting to see if he can pull this off. I know he should be a little bigger then he ever was but I would hate to see him waste all this new found muscle mass, because without AAS he is going to be hard pressed to come in with a massive difference IMO. I guess we'll wait and see.

Yep thats why most true naturals have a hard time getting that big, full look onstage.  They lose lots of muscle during the diet.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2006, 04:37:03 PM »
Yep, that kind of lite cycle is plenty to gain on and keep gains while you diet.  Sounds like you are doing PT as your new job?  Thats cool it must be great to do something you enjoy for a living, plus making money and seeing people progress has to be fulfilling.  I see these women and guys come to gym and get a trainer and they are just trying to better themselves and I have lots of respect for that and always hope they do well and reach their goals.  Something about them feels vunerable and innocent and the trainer is really there helping their confidence, it seems very admirable to me.

I like working with the people who give 100% effort and I can tell which ones those are.

I don't like working with the clients who complain about physical exertion, limit what exercises I can put them through, then say they aren't seeing results.

There are positive and negatives to the job, just like anywhere.

If you are single without responsibility, the money is decent, but not great provided that the hours are there.

I'm doing this for experience and because I like seeing results in people.

It's not my longterm goal by any means....

I am the only trainer at my gym who looks like a "lifter" rather than a "fitness buff".

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2006, 05:22:35 PM »
I like working with the people who give 100% effort and I can tell which ones those are.

I don't like working with the clients who complain about physical exertion, limit what exercises I can put them through, then say they aren't seeing results.

There are positive and negatives to the job, just like anywhere.

If you are single without responsibility, the money is decent, but not great provided that the hours are there.

I'm doing this for experience and because I like seeing results in people.

It's not my longterm goal by any means....

I am the only trainer at my gym who looks like a "lifter" rather than a "fitness buff".

DIV
Are you doing the PT full time? I ask because I'll be getting my cert this Feb. and I'm curios as to how that has worked out for you.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2006, 07:44:09 PM »
Are you doing the PT full time? I ask because I'll be getting my cert this Feb. and I'm curios as to how that has worked out for you.

Part time......for now.

Partly because I want to gradually work up my hours so I don't get burned out and also because I need experience.

It wouldn't be wise to take on a 40 hour work week starting out.

Have any idea how many clients that is?

DIV