Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 497982 times)

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: Coronovirus, we are all screwed
« Reply #325 on: February 25, 2020, 04:05:22 PM »
AGAIN, its how much this will cripple infrastructure, supply chains, how many will be too ill for work, hospitals overloaded turning away the dying, social unrest, collapse of stocks, housing prices,lack of police etc that is the big worry.

Has China shut down production of goods yet? I know some items can not be imported now.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #326 on: February 25, 2020, 04:06:07 PM »
AGAIN, its how much this will cripple infrastructure, supply chains, how many will be too ill for work, hospitals overloaded turning away the dying, social unrest, collapse of stocks, housing prices,lack of police etc that is the big worry.

Most of that would be great.

Can't wait for the extra time off work.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: February 25, 2020, 04:08:51 PM »
Has China shut down production of goods yet? I know some items can not be imported now.

They started some back up, I think they would rather people die at this point than 100% their economy collapsing.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: February 25, 2020, 04:10:06 PM »
Most of that would be great.

Can't wait for the extra time off work.

It's when the local urban youths start roaming and regular people start starving that you don't want to happen.I wouldn't trust anyone but close blood family at that point.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: February 25, 2020, 04:19:39 PM »
It's when the local urban youths start roaming and regular people start starving that you don't want to happen.I wouldn't trust anyone but close blood family at that point.

It must be nice to have family that you trust.

Good thing urban youth’s are a minority of minority’s.  It’s the poor that I would fear. And people of low intelligence. And criminals.

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
Re: Coronavirus, we are all screwed
« Reply #330 on: February 25, 2020, 04:39:19 PM »
THIS VIRUS IS DEATH! Antibiotics WILL NOT WORK!

The airplane that transported the disease needs to be decommissioned.

That aeroplane should be incinerated! It is the death plane, that boat too, burn em!

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #331 on: February 25, 2020, 04:44:06 PM »
Dogs of the dead from the virus will soon start forming street packs, these packs will be led by only the strongest street dogs, and must hunt for food.

They will soon after begin feeding on people as all the farm animals will be dead from no food. Once this happens human life will soon be extinct as we will not be able to overcome both the virus and the street packs.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: February 25, 2020, 04:45:38 PM »

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #333 on: February 25, 2020, 04:49:18 PM »
I'm naked and afraid!
we all are.
It might be very well the end of civilization as we know it
Europe is already exploding with cases in Italy, austria, germany and the other 3 world countries.
I stocked up on some "home protection".   8)

Army of One

• Getbig V

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #336 on: February 25, 2020, 07:49:32 PM »
They started some back up, I think they would rather people die at this point than 100% their economy collapsing.

Correct.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #337 on: February 25, 2020, 09:00:50 PM »
we all are.
Europe is already exploding with cases in Italy, austria, germany and the other 3 world countries.

322 known cases in Italy with 11 fatalities thus far.  Close to 3.5% fatality rate with these early numbers, tracking with China.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: February 26, 2020, 03:43:03 AM »
Those high IQ people will look foolish in a few months when this all blows over.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #339 on: February 26, 2020, 03:58:39 AM »
State Of Emergency declared in San Francisco

No surprise there.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: February 26, 2020, 04:33:05 AM »
State Of Emergency declared in San Francisco

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
Re: Coronavirus, we are all screwed (no, it is a godsend)
« Reply #341 on: February 26, 2020, 05:09:58 AM »
This virus will be a godsend to countries like Japan and many western countries with an aging population. It kills the old and sick. It kills those who are a cost, not a source of income. Thus, this will benefit the global economy.

Death-rates among those below 50 is 0.5 percent. Above 80. about 14+ percent.

NN

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #342 on: February 26, 2020, 06:22:47 AM »
we all are.
I stocked up on some "home protection".   8)

Condoms?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #343 on: February 26, 2020, 10:29:35 AM »
Hospitalbeds of Peace

Q

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: February 26, 2020, 10:42:46 AM »
The San Francisco mayor has declared a state of emergency over the Coronavirus and there hasn't been 1 confirmed case in the city yet. ::)

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: February 26, 2020, 11:45:28 AM »
we all are.

Wait till it hits Africa.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: February 26, 2020, 12:20:26 PM »
Just want to quote this again as this is may be the sanest post in this thread.

The at risk groups appear to be the elderly, long term smokers, diabetics etc. Basically the same at risk groups as the flu.

It will likely cause more deaths than flu because it seems to show little to no symptoms in healthy individuals, so it has the potential to spread must faster.

As for the doom and gloom merchants. I feel for your mental health and chances are this will fizzle out in the next few months as the weather warms up. Stay safe and don't panic.

I am in the age group which so far is the most severely affected by the coronavirus. As far as I know, I've never had the flu. I have had bronchial pneumonia several times beginning in infancy. I've been told that those who have had pneumonia are more susceptible to getting it again. For this reason, I get a pneumonia shot annually. I also have allergies and asthma,which do not require treatment because neither are that bad. I've only had one asthma episode and that was when I was a juvenile. For the most part I am healthy with a good immune system. Although, I am vigilant about the coronavirus, I am not going to worry myself into a tizzy over it. Worry and stress can and often do contribute a weakened immunity to illnesses.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #348 on: February 26, 2020, 12:32:30 PM »
The San Francisco mayor has declared a state of emergency over the Coronavirus and there hasn't been 1 confirmed case in the city yet. ::)

I think they're speaking about the "Bolognavirus".   ;D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #349 on: February 26, 2020, 12:36:51 PM »
I am in the age group which so far is the most severely affected by the coronavirus. As far as I know, I've never had the flu. I have had bronchial pneumonia several times beginning in infancy. I've been told that those who have had pneumonia are more susceptible to getting it again. For this reason, I get a pneumonia shot annually. I also have allergies and asthma,which do not require treatment because neither are that bad. I've only had one asthma episode and that was when I was a juvenile. For the most part I am healthy with a good immune system. Although, I am vigilant about the coronavirus, I am not going to worry myself into a tizzy over it. Worry and stress can and often do contribute a weakened immunity to illnesses.

Pellius, care to comment here?  :D  ;D