Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 498006 times)

bigkid

• Getbig IV
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #851 on: March 09, 2020, 06:27:14 AM »
This is the biggest overreaction I've seen in my 37 years on this planet.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #853 on: March 09, 2020, 06:37:05 AM »

You really think world governments would be quarantining tens of millions of people if they didn't have to and didn't think it was serious?Think about it, is it more likely they are right and you are wrong or the reverse?You only think it's an overreaction because it hasn't arrived on your doorstep yet.Lets see what you are saying within 6 weeks.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #854 on: March 09, 2020, 06:41:27 AM »

I think it'll be a bad flu that kills mostly the elderly but I don't know that for certain. So I'm getting my shit together. There's no real downside to doing that.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #855 on: March 09, 2020, 06:43:17 AM »
I think it'll be a bad flu that kills mostly the elderly but I don't know that for certain. So I'm getting my shit together. There's no real downside to doing that.

again, society breakdown is what you want to fear.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #856 on: March 09, 2020, 06:45:24 AM »
Wow

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #857 on: March 09, 2020, 07:13:06 AM »
You really think world governments would be quarantining tens of millions of people if they didn't have to and didn't think it was serious?Think about it, is it more likely they are right and you are wrong or the reverse?You only think it's an overreaction because it hasn't arrived on your doorstep yet.Lets see what you are saying within 6 weeks.
It's an overreaction because 600K people died on the swine flu worldwide 10 years ago and the panic wasn't 10% of this.  60 million Americans got swine flu.  This is a complete overreaction.  Hourly updates, the media, people like yourself.  Just terrible. 

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #858 on: March 09, 2020, 07:21:23 AM »

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #859 on: March 09, 2020, 07:22:19 AM »
Wow

Lol wow.   How do people no realize there is a global slowdown in commerce.  The stock market is literally a reflection of consumer confidence and spending.   Does army of one soudn confident and hopeful for his future? So confident he’s gonna spend more money this year than last?  Or maybe the same?   Or does he sound a lil scared like it might be a rainy week and we can go outside so maybe we should stay inside and not spend money....   and the market will do this until the virus is gone.   Sorry for the bad news but someone has to inform people that it is impossible to be sunny all the time and sometimes it rains for months.  

Now as far as health wise goes it’s a flu maybe bad maybe normal.  The older you are the less STRENGTH your immune system has and the more medical complications you have diabetes hear disease kidney disease high blood pressure and all the other fun ones you take pills and do nothing healthy about yeah you run a risk to.   So I’m yeah take care of your health as much as you take care of your pecs and biceps.  

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #860 on: March 09, 2020, 07:23:22 AM »
It's an overreaction because 600K people died on the swine flu worldwide 10 years ago and the panic wasn't 10% of this.  60 million Americans got swine flu.  This is a complete overreaction.  Hourly updates, the media, people like yourself.  Just terrible. 

Swine flus mortality rate was 0.02%, corona is currently at about 4%, while being 4 times + more infectious.I feel sorry for you if you do not have the foresight to see where this could head.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #861 on: March 09, 2020, 07:25:33 AM »
Swine flus mortality rate was 0.02%, corona is currently at about 4%, while being 4 times + more infectious.I feel sorry for you if you do not have the foresight to see where this could head.

4% of all infected?

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #862 on: March 09, 2020, 07:28:43 AM »

Yeah 4 out of 100 people will die.  What percent of 100 people do you think are 80 and older or 5 and younger? 

And this is people infected unfortunately once it hits a nursing home or nursing home worker it spreads like fire.  Those people immune system is too WEAK to fight the virus even with hospitalization!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #863 on: March 09, 2020, 07:31:51 AM »
Yeah 4 out of 100 people will die.  What percent of 100 people do you think are 80 and older or 5 and younger? 

And this is people infected unfortunately once it hits a nursing home or nursing home worker it spreads like fire.  Those people immune system is too WEAK to fight the virus even with hospitalization!

The real problem is once hospitals are full.In that case nearly all the 15% of infected who need oxygen, respirators etc will die.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #864 on: March 09, 2020, 07:33:35 AM »
4%?  Not a fucking chance it's 4%

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #865 on: March 09, 2020, 07:35:35 AM »
Wow

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY: VTSAX

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #866 on: March 09, 2020, 07:36:35 AM »
4% of all infected?

Four percent of people who test positive. Many people who have coronavirus will have mild symptoms and never get tested or go to a hospital. The death rate in South Korea is 0.7% because people with mild symptoms are testing themselves as they have drivethru testing.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #867 on: March 09, 2020, 07:36:56 AM »
The real problem is once hospitals are full.In that case nearly all the 15% of infected who need oxygen, respirators etc will die.

Even worse are the moron sheep like army of one.  I understand it’s great having them in this country cause the more morons the easier it is to get rich off them but.  These same morons are gonna be some 30 year old millenial bitch that needs their mom and dad and they’re gonna have a cough and run to the hospital which is gonna fuck all the normal people who get injured.  Waiting rooms will be full of half sick people and half not that sick morons who are fear loving goons.  Which again is good for getting rich off someone else.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #868 on: March 09, 2020, 07:37:08 AM »
4%?  Not a fucking chance it's 4%

Have you actually looked at the stats?why argue when you haven't even educated yourself.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #869 on: March 09, 2020, 07:38:25 AM »
Four percent of people who test positive. Many people who have coronavirus will have mild symptoms and never get tested or go to a hospital. The death rate in South Korea is 0.7% because people with mild symptoms are testing themselves as they have drivethru testing.

It's far more complicated than that.South Korea is thought to have the milder strain, Italy the more severe of the 2 strains identified so far.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #870 on: March 09, 2020, 07:41:09 AM »

Have you actually looked at the stats?why argue when you haven't even educated yourself.
Yes I have.  People like you, who are probably on the bottom of the food chain, who's lives are usually in chaos, always grasp on to things like this.  You look to turn everyone into hyper-emotionally, chaotic individuals so you feel better about yourself and your situation. Hanging on every word of the mass media, hoping for another crumb of chaos.  Get a life.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #871 on: March 09, 2020, 07:44:00 AM »
It's far more complicated than that.South Korea is thought to have the milder strain, Italy the more severe of the 2 strains identified so far.

Is this confirmed? Do you have a source? I'm aware of the two strains, but haven't read anywhere that Italy has the bad one.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #872 on: March 09, 2020, 07:47:19 AM »
Yes I have.  People like you, who are probably on the bottom of the food chain, who's lives are usually in chaos, always grasp on to things like this.  You look to turn everyone into hyper-emotionally, chaotic individuals so you feel better about yourself and your situation. Hanging on every word of the mass media, hoping for another crumb of chaos.  Get a life.

You obviously haven't , your lack of education, your impulsiveness at arguing about things you know nothing about.Id be surprised if you make anything more than minimum wage.You have the foresight of a goldfish.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #873 on: March 09, 2020, 07:52:32 AM »
You obviously haven't , your lack of education, your impulsiveness at arguing about things you know nothing about.Id be surprised if you make anything more than minimum wage.You have the foresight of a goldfish.
My net worth is mostly likely in a stratosphere you'll never reach.  Like seriously, I've probably lost your net worth a couple times over this past week.  People like you also tend to get caught up in every conspiracy theory. Always looking for something to fill in the huge void in their lives.  So they can act like they have knowledge and foresight that others don't.  It's a joke.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #874 on: March 09, 2020, 08:16:01 AM »
In the United States, nearly all children become infected with RSV by age 2, with 75,000 to 125,000 of them hospitalized each year. Globally, RSV affects an estimated 64 million people and causes 160,000 deaths each year.
https://www.niaid.nih.gov/diseases-conditions/respiratory-syncytial-virus-rsv

RSV is a virus that can cause serious respiratory infections (infections of the lungs and airways), such as pneumonia and bronchiolitis (inflammation of the airways). RSV infection occurs throughout life. In temperate countries like the UK, RSV occurs in epidemics each winter.

In infants, RSV is the main cause of bronchiolitis. Most cases of bronchiolitis are mild and can be managed at home, but about 3% of cases will need hospital care. Worldwide, RSV is the second largest cause of death in children under one year of age (second only to malaria). In 2017 the World Health Organization (WHO) estimated that RSV causes around 33 million serious respiratory infections a year. This results in more than 3 million hospitalisations and nearly 60,000 deaths in children under 5 years of age every year. Nearly half of these hospitalisations and deaths are in children under 6 months of age.
https://vk.ovg.ox.ac.uk/vk/rsv

RSV-associated deaths among children <5 years of age are thought to be uncommon, estimated at 100-500 per year. Among US adults, an estimated 177,000 hospitalizations and 14,000 deaths associated with RSV infections occur annually. However, these are likely underestimates of RSV-associated deaths.
https://wwwn.cdc.gov/nndss/conditions/respiratory-syncytial-virus-associated-mortality/case-definition/2019/
: