Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 497999 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #900 on: March 09, 2020, 02:51:23 PM »
Cowards. Cowards. Cowards.
a

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #901 on: March 09, 2020, 03:02:08 PM »
Was in Costco this past Sunday. Business as usual other than alot of people were hoarding toilet paper. It was almost all gone 20 minutes past doors opening.

Lots of water and food though.

Morons.

They probably think the government won't let them starve out and that they'll come around door to door with food parcels for everyone.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #902 on: March 09, 2020, 03:03:42 PM »
Expect this everywhere within a couple of weeks

Jean-Marc Bonzom
@JMBonzom
Italy: "We have to choose who to intubate, between a 40-year-old and a 60-year-old patient who are both at risk of dying. It's atrocious and we are crying; we don't have enough artificial ventilation equipment."

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #903 on: March 09, 2020, 03:07:37 PM »
My sources have been in touch with the British PM BJ. Schools will be closing, no crowds at sporting events, concerts cancelled, people told to work from home etc. Basically a unenforced lockdown by the end of the week or slightly later if they can get away with it.

They are trying to last out as long as possible to try do some damage limitation with regards to the economy.
Do not dip into the markets. Just remember that the markets right now even after taking a hit are basically where it was at during the dot.com peak. It will snowball. Be patient and we will all be richer fellass

Seems the likely progression as China has numbers going down. Although thry welded people into homes because the stupid plebs were ignoring the quarrantine orders. Oh well, human rights or save the people?

Market is going down hard. The bottom will be after quarantine measures have taken place. All my cash will be dumped into the market (banking, aero) and ride the wave up. No brainer.  

The cryptos were hillarious. So many wanting to get out of the dead horse that when it ramped like a bastard there was an immediate selloff pushing it back to where it was. Sucks to be those who just copped a 30% loss.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #904 on: March 09, 2020, 03:11:49 PM »
your daily dose of ugliness

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/09/donald-trump-obama-fake-news-tweets-124320

As stocks plummeted and concern spread about the growing coronavirus global health crisis, President Donald Trump began his week at his seaside resort in Florida with online screeds about fake news, Barack Obama and the Democratic primary.  = real leadership according to GOP voters

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #905 on: March 09, 2020, 03:14:19 PM »

ALL OF ITALY NOW IN EMERGENCY LOCKDOWN

Strict quarantine measures extended to all regions
Public told to stay home
Schools closed until April 3rd
No travel unless with a valid work or family reason
All public gatherings and sports events suspended

Italy got a population of 60 million.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #906 on: March 09, 2020, 03:18:36 PM »
Whole Italy on lockdown!!

It's just flu, bro.

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #907 on: March 09, 2020, 03:19:15 PM »
It's just flu, bro.

Yes! just a flu, happens every year! Just business as usual!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #908 on: March 09, 2020, 03:22:17 PM »
Yes! just a flu, happens every year! Just business as usual!

Every year during flu season the market crashes as badly as the great depression, entire cities and countries are locked down, hospitals prepare for overload to the point of collapse, all public sporting events are cancelled, all public gatherings are canceled.That damn flu!

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #909 on: March 09, 2020, 03:25:06 PM »
Every year during flu season the market crashes as badly as the great depression, entire cities and countries are locked down, hospitals prepare for overload to the point of collapse, all public sporting events are cancelled, all public gatherings are canceled.That damn flu!

Of the people in Italy that have Coronavirus, about .05% have died.

It’s good that they are preventing the spread by locking down travel.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #910 on: March 09, 2020, 03:33:13 PM »
Of the people in Italy that have Coronavirus, about .05% have died.

It’s good that they are preventing the spread by locking down travel.

???

The way to do it is compare the closed cases, amount who fully recovered to amount who died.Its still way too early and many many active cases will die.Of the closed cases Italy's death rate is around 30%.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Scroll down for italy

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #911 on: March 09, 2020, 03:36:37 PM »
Seems the likely progression as China has numbers going down. Although thry welded people into homes because the stupid plebs were ignoring the quarrantine orders. Oh well, human rights or save the people?

Market is going down hard. The bottom will be after quarantine measures have taken place. All my cash will be dumped into the market (banking, aero) and ride the wave up. No brainer.  

The cryptos were hillarious. So many wanting to get out of the dead horse that when it ramped like a bastard there was an immediate selloff pushing it back to where it was. Sucks to be those who just copped a 30% loss.

The Chinese type of quarantine will be impossible in most Western nations, even if they wanted to implement it. Most people just don't live in blocks of flats/apartments. I don't think it's needed either though, they just need to slow the spread and the warming weather will take care of the rest.

I think there is a chance the market will bear for a while after the quarantine. How many businesses can survive a month without customers, without sales, without production? How many will go bankrupt 3 months or even 6 months down the line.. If the recent market has all been a house of cards then it looks like it could be ready to collapse. It's definitely not looking good for a lot of people.

I'll be staying away from banking, but aero is of big interest.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #912 on: March 09, 2020, 03:50:56 PM »
???

The way to do it is compare the closed cases, amount who fully recovered to amount who died.Its still way too early and many many active cases will die.Of the closed cases Italy's death rate is around 30%.

Scroll down for italy

Closed cases death rate in Italy is 6%

Italy has one of the oldest populations in Europe. Many of whom wear or still are smokers. That alone could explain the higher percentage.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #913 on: March 09, 2020, 03:57:03 PM »
Closed cases death rate in Italy is 6%

Italy has one of the oldest populations in Europe. Many of whom wear or still are smokers. That alone could explain the higher percentage.

Come on dude, I literally posted the data for you.

724 recovered, 463 dead

724 + 463 = 1187/100 = 11.87

463/11.87 = 39% death rate

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #914 on: March 09, 2020, 04:02:30 PM »

724 recovered, 463 dead

You can't even post the right link  ::)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/

Those who pre existing conditions do die much quicker so the numbers would be a little skewed at this time. It still seems high though

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #915 on: March 09, 2020, 04:03:59 PM »
You can't even post the right link  ::)

You just have to scroll down... since you are so clueless about numbers I figured you'd benefit from seeing some of the others too, rather than pulling numbers out of your ass.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #916 on: March 09, 2020, 04:09:18 PM »
You just have to scroll down... since you are so clueless about numbers I figured you'd benefit from seeing some of the others too, rather than pulling numbers out of your ass.

You post numbers and a link to back it up, but they continue different numbers. You do this even though their is an actual link to the data that you could have posted. Get your shit together first before posting next time

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #917 on: March 09, 2020, 04:11:13 PM »
You post numbers and a link to back it up, but they continue different numbers. You do this even though their is an actual link to the data that you could have posted. Get your shit together first before posting next time

Dude, you failed, accept it and move on rather than grasping at straws.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #918 on: March 09, 2020, 04:14:50 PM »
ICU doctor in the middle of it tells everyone how dumb they are for calling it just flu.Sobering read.

https://twitter.com/silviast9/status/1236933818654896129

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #919 on: March 09, 2020, 04:15:15 PM »
Remember last year when they closed China, Iran, and Italy down over the flu? They do it every year. It’s all a nothing burger.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #920 on: March 09, 2020, 04:15:30 PM »
Dude, you failed, accept it and move on rather than grasping at straws.

Learm to post a link correctly next time rather than have people have to go looking for it

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #921 on: March 09, 2020, 04:19:15 PM »
Learm to post a link correctly next time rather than have people have to go looking for it

I feel like I'm talking to my 7yr old nephew.But he can read.

???

Scroll down for italy

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #922 on: March 09, 2020, 04:27:39 PM »
I feel like I'm talking to my 7yr old nephew.But he can read.

Post the right link with the right data.

You said around 30%. It's 39%. Great maths genius

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/sesame-oil-wont-zap-the-virus-and-dont-microwave-the-mask

Who taught you rounding? Guess it must have been the same person who taught you how to post links

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #923 on: March 09, 2020, 04:39:11 PM »
Cowards. Cowards. Cowards.

;D   ,       ;D     ,     ;D .

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #924 on: March 09, 2020, 04:41:32 PM »

724 recovered, 463 dead

Those numbers are artificially high at the beginning as infected people haven't had a chance to recover yet. China had a death rate of 60% at the beginning, but its dropped to 5.3% as of today as more and more people have recovered. I remember people freaking out about the 60% death rate in January when this virus was first getting increased media attention.

Yes, this virus is serious but I think the way China handled it with the quarantining, and footage/propaganda the world saw of people dropping dead in the street, the body bags, the people being put into boxes in the back of a truck, spraying the streets with disinfectant, locking people into their homes etc, has spooked the world and made people and markets over-react a little. But it's good to over-react as this will make the virus go away quicker.

I think that the interconnectedness of the world through the internet and social media has fanned the flames of paranoia and panic more so than it would have in previous decades.