Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 498000 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #1425 on: March 15, 2020, 08:15:59 AM »
Good work stoking fear into the mush brains out there that have started parking illegally all over the Costco lot and entering multiple times to hoard as much toilet paper as they can fit in their car.

Ive actually noticed a considerable amount of empty shelves at the local food mart. Cleaning supplies are give, breads and cereals almost al gone, hotdogs and meats if that nature are all gone. Costco had significant amounts of meat products missing as well as a few other things. I live in a major metropolitan area.

There is a heightened sense of panic with some shoppers and their behavior is disgusting.  Hope you get the virus first and choke to death for being unhinged pukes.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1426 on: March 15, 2020, 08:35:22 AM »

tough times when the lying liars can't keep up with their own lies

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wing-t-decide-virus-no-093032583.html

Team Trump has finally found itself in a crisis it cannot propagandize its way out of. Unfortunately, this has not led Team Trump (the administration and its various Fox News-based media arms) to pivot to the brash notion of telling the truth. No, of course not.

For the first time ever, though, Team Trump is very confused about which lie to tell. Historically, the Trump administration and Fox News have been meticulous messengers, able to turn almost everything into a way to “own the libs.” But COVID-19 is providing Trump very few opportunities for lib ownership.

Previously, before we hit the crisis stage, we got weeks of obfuscation, and the president’s conviction that “it’s going away. We want it to go away with very, very few deaths.” Now, Trumpists are trying to grapple with the possibility that the global pandemic may in fact be real. As COVID-19 has decimated Italy, killed thousands of Chinese nationals, and spread like a brush fire through at least 47 states, it’s becoming harder and harder for Trumpists to deny the truth.

Trump’s Finally Trying to Show Coronavirus Leadership, and It’s Almost Worse

But because they’re Trumpists, they are still trying desperately to stick to the party line. The problem is they’re not completely sure what that party line is. The Trumpists’ messaging has become completely inconsistent, vacillating between Laura Ingraham’s conviction that COVID-19 is a way for Democrats to “to smear the administration in a number of ways,” and Newt Gingrich saying that it was “the Wuhan that poisoned the world. That’s what you get when you get Chinese trade.” Trumpists seem completely conflicted between their love of racism and their passion for denial of obvious facts. How can Trumpists learn to message a pandemic they’ve been saying isn’t real for weeks? 

Many Trumpists will do what Jerry Falwell did Friday morning, which was to dismiss the pandemic while also using it for a little racism and conspiracy talk. After going on the president’s favorite morning show, Fox & Friends, and saying that people are “overreacting,” Falwell tweeted, “Could Covid-19 be the ‘Christmas gift’ North Korea’s leadership promised America back in December?”

That the disease is no big deal but also the fault of North Korea is a hard needle to thread. Some won’t even bother threading it. One of Trump’s most sycophantic sycophants, Sebastian Gorka, took the opportunity to praise Dear Leader, saying that Trump "has been utterly proven correct" on the "Wuhan virus." Of course Trump has been saying for weeks that the virus would “disappear,” which is obviously not correct, as we are up to 1,700 infected today, and that’s without widespread testing that would put the real number even higher.

One of the few Fox pundits who is taking COVID-19 seriously is Tucker Carlson. Tucker said on Monday, “People you trust—people you probably voted for—have spent weeks minimizing what is clearly a very serious problem.” It’s almost as if he realizes killing his loyal viewers is bad for business.

Of course, I don’t want to congratulate young Tucker too much, because right after that he did an entire segment about how it’s totally not racist to call COVID-19 the Wuhan virus where he put one of my tweets up on the screen, which meant that then my Twitter direct messages were flooded with charming notes from Tucker viewers saying that I was “the real racist for calling it racist.” Not entirely sure how that would work, but logic isn’t really a tenet of Trumpism.   

As the conservative media finds itself stuck between embracing the pandemic as a way to blame China for something and saying Democrats are overreacting in the hopes of making Trump look bad, it’s important to remember that people actually believe these talking points, and a lot of the people who believe these talking points are in the age group for which COVID-19 is the most fatal (the death rate for people over the age of 60 is more than 4.5 percent, and it rises sharply with every decade).

In Friday’s Washington Post, an elderly retiree said, “People are too worried. The flu has killed more people than the coronavirus, and people haven’t been as concerned over the flu.” The conservative media’s messaging may be messy, but its results will be toxic. The average age of a Fox viewer is 65 years old, and the people most likely to die from COVID-19 are over the age of… 65 years old. For these people’s sake, we should hope that Fox world abandons its Trish Regan “Coronavirus is an impeachment scam” messaging before it’s too late for the Boomers who believe it. 

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #1427 on: March 15, 2020, 08:37:23 AM »

tough times when the lying liars can't keep up with their own lies

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wing-t-decide-virus-no-093032583.html

Team Trump has finally found itself in a crisis it cannot propagandize its way out of. Unfortunately, this has not led Team Trump (the administration and its various Fox News-based media arms) to pivot to the brash notion of telling the truth. No, of course not.

For the first time ever, though, Team Trump is very confused about which lie to tell. Historically, the Trump administration and Fox News have been meticulous messengers, able to turn almost everything into a way to “own the libs.” But COVID-19 is providing Trump very few opportunities for lib ownership.

Previously, before we hit the crisis stage, we got weeks of obfuscation, and the president’s conviction that “it’s going away. We want it to go away with very, very few deaths.” Now, Trumpists are trying to grapple with the possibility that the global pandemic may in fact be real. As COVID-19 has decimated Italy, killed thousands of Chinese nationals, and spread like a brush fire through at least 47 states, it’s becoming harder and harder for Trumpists to deny the truth.

Trump’s Finally Trying to Show Coronavirus Leadership, and It’s Almost Worse

But because they’re Trumpists, they are still trying desperately to stick to the party line. The problem is they’re not completely sure what that party line is. The Trumpists’ messaging has become completely inconsistent, vacillating between Laura Ingraham’s conviction that COVID-19 is a way for Democrats to “to smear the administration in a number of ways,” and Newt Gingrich saying that it was “the Wuhan that poisoned the world. That’s what you get when you get Chinese trade.” Trumpists seem completely conflicted between their love of racism and their passion for denial of obvious facts. How can Trumpists learn to message a pandemic they’ve been saying isn’t real for weeks? 

Many Trumpists will do what Jerry Falwell did Friday morning, which was to dismiss the pandemic while also using it for a little racism and conspiracy talk. After going on the president’s favorite morning show, Fox & Friends, and saying that people are “overreacting,” Falwell tweeted, “Could Covid-19 be the ‘Christmas gift’ North Korea’s leadership promised America back in December?”

That the disease is no big deal but also the fault of North Korea is a hard needle to thread. Some won’t even bother threading it. One of Trump’s most sycophantic sycophants, Sebastian Gorka, took the opportunity to praise Dear Leader, saying that Trump "has been utterly proven correct" on the "Wuhan virus." Of course Trump has been saying for weeks that the virus would “disappear,” which is obviously not correct, as we are up to 1,700 infected today, and that’s without widespread testing that would put the real number even higher.

One of the few Fox pundits who is taking COVID-19 seriously is Tucker Carlson. Tucker said on Monday, “People you trust—people you probably voted for—have spent weeks minimizing what is clearly a very serious problem.” It’s almost as if he realizes killing his loyal viewers is bad for business.

Of course, I don’t want to congratulate young Tucker too much, because right after that he did an entire segment about how it’s totally not racist to call COVID-19 the Wuhan virus where he put one of my tweets up on the screen, which meant that then my Twitter direct messages were flooded with charming notes from Tucker viewers saying that I was “the real racist for calling it racist.” Not entirely sure how that would work, but logic isn’t really a tenet of Trumpism.   

As the conservative media finds itself stuck between embracing the pandemic as a way to blame China for something and saying Democrats are overreacting in the hopes of making Trump look bad, it’s important to remember that people actually believe these talking points, and a lot of the people who believe these talking points are in the age group for which COVID-19 is the most fatal (the death rate for people over the age of 60 is more than 4.5 percent, and it rises sharply with every decade).

In Friday’s Washington Post, an elderly retiree said, “People are too worried. The flu has killed more people than the coronavirus, and people haven’t been as concerned over the flu.” The conservative media’s messaging may be messy, but its results will be toxic. The average age of a Fox viewer is 65 years old, and the people most likely to die from COVID-19 are over the age of… 65 years old. For these people’s sake, we should hope that Fox world abandons its Trish Regan “Coronavirus is an impeachment scam” messaging before it’s too late for the Boomers who believe it. 

I read that rubbish, did you?.....The only Lie is the so-called article...
K

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1428 on: March 15, 2020, 08:57:51 AM »
I will soon. Two cousins still outside of the country. One in Indonesia, one in Dominican.

errrr....

It's been few months since I post mainly because I changed job and I've been very busy. This evening I feel it's EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to share this with all my good friends here since early 2000.

Please do note this is NOT a troll post: many of you maybe remember me and the fact that I always been very straightforward and sincere.  Do not underestimate this situation in the USA: you live in a great Country with economic power and above all people able to overcome any adversity.

But here in Italy the situation is far worse to what you can read in the news.

I live in a fairly small town (25.000 people) but still at the moment we do not know where to put the bodies of dead people. It's this bad, really. The church near the town hospital today was completely full with casks waiting to be sent to the cemetery.

Commercial activities are 90% closed: two weeks ago I had the idea to buy large quantities of food (approx for 60 days for me and my wife). Supermarkets are empty, no food there for the moment. We're locked in my house waiting for the situation to hopefully get better but I'm not that optimistic.

So my friends this is not meant to scare you BUT TO WARN YOU: do not underestimate this situation. Be safe, avoid if possible contact with people and start putting away food for you and your loved ones.

Stay strong my friends, a big hug from Italy.

TIL

and you still dont know one person personally in a small town of 25k people with bodies piling up?

You sir are full of shit..

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "My new company is TOTALLY not a scam."
Coronavirus - am I missing something?
« Reply #1429 on: March 15, 2020, 11:30:52 AM »
So I understand that this is a very contagious and deadly flu. However, I've seen several government warnings that 30% to 70% of people will contract the virus yet there are only about 170,000 cases worldwide. How do we go from 170,000 to several billion???

Am I missing something?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
The CoronaVirus
« Reply #1430 on: March 15, 2020, 11:36:35 AM »
X

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: The CoronaVirus
« Reply #1431 on: March 15, 2020, 11:41:22 AM »
I’ll throat-punch that lil fella

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1432 on: March 15, 2020, 11:42:49 AM »
Huge without being stupidly huge. Easy to maintain without drugs.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #1433 on: March 15, 2020, 11:43:37 AM »
Huge without being stupidly huge. Easy to maintain without drugs.

Once that last bit of water is gone, he’ll dominate the stage.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Corona Virus......am I missing something?
« Reply #1434 on: March 15, 2020, 11:50:32 AM »
It's not a flu. Info is literally everywhere on this thing, haha.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1435 on: March 15, 2020, 12:12:40 PM »
Good work stoking fear into the mush brains out there that have started parking illegally all over the Costco lot and entering multiple times to hoard as much toilet paper as they can fit in their car.

Ive actually noticed a considerable amount of empty shelves at the local food mart. Cleaning supplies are give, breads and cereals almost al gone, hotdogs and meats if that nature are all gone. Costco had significant amounts of meat products missing as well as a few other things. I live in a major metropolitan area.

There is a heightened sense of panic with some shoppers and their behavior is disgusting.  Hope you get the virus first and choke to death for being unhinged pukes.

Panic shopping is just nuts. A catastrophe brings out the best and the worst in people. It is all a matter of choice.

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #1436 on: March 15, 2020, 12:15:02 PM »
Panic shopping is a lot of fun!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1437 on: March 15, 2020, 12:18:18 PM »
Panic shopping is a lot of fun!

I hate crowds.

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #1438 on: March 15, 2020, 12:19:51 PM »
I hate crowds.

You don't have to participate, you can just watch on the news as people are fighting over toilet paper!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1439 on: March 15, 2020, 12:21:09 PM »
You don't have to participate, you can just watch on the news as people are fighting over toilet paper!

Watch people at their worst? I'd rather not.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1440 on: March 15, 2020, 12:22:09 PM »
X

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1441 on: March 15, 2020, 12:37:27 PM »
It's not a flu. Info is literally everywhere on this thing, haha.

I've heard that it isn't the flu. It's a virus that mirrors many flu symptoms. The flu is also a virus. My guess is that it is a severe form of the flu. It might be more accurate to say it is not the common flu.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1442 on: March 15, 2020, 12:38:14 PM »
So I understand that this is a very contagious and deadly flu. However, I've seen several government warnings that 30% to 70% of people will contract the virus yet there are only about 170,000 cases worldwide. How do we go from 170,000 to several billion???

Am I missing something?

It's a biological weapon designed by Dr Nibiré and staff created to weed out the elderly so that the mussie immigrants can take over their apartments and houses.

All part of the Kalergi-plan.
Q

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #1443 on: March 15, 2020, 01:01:26 PM »

Am I missing something?

It's not very deadly. I'm not sure what they mean when they throw numbers like that around, maybe they're talking about it, over time, infecting a lot of people and then becoming a normal thing, kinda like a typical yearly influenza, people at risk will have to be taken care of and when there's a vaccine they will take it and for most people they get sick and then recover, some people might hardly even know they had it... and a lot of people who's been infected, hopefully, get immune to it.

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #1444 on: March 15, 2020, 01:04:40 PM »
exponential increase every 2 -4 days

170 + 170 = 340

340 + 340 = 680

680 + 680 = 1360

1360 + 1360 = 2720

2720 + 2720 = 5440

5440 x 2 = 10880

10880 x 2 = 21760

21760 x 2 = 43520

x2 = 87 mil
x2 = 174 mil
x2 = 348 mil
x2 = 696 mil
x2 = 1.3 billion

worst case scenario in 26 days, if everybody's stupid like people that still support Trump and Pence. Fortunately, more than half of humanity is much smarter, or so I hope...

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #1445 on: March 15, 2020, 01:06:26 PM »
2% of 1.3 is 26 million. Quite a few people will be dead if the whole thing goes south.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1446 on: March 15, 2020, 01:09:09 PM »
2% of 1.3 is 26 million. Quite a few people will be dead if the whole thing goes south.

Hmmmmm - Yes possibly
Not sure if You’re aware of this Yet - Only we’re all Going to Die
And the older you get the % chance of Dying Increases

HTH.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1447 on: March 15, 2020, 01:12:07 PM »
I've heard that it isn't the flu. It's a virus that mirrors many flu symptoms. The flu is also a virus. My guess is that it is a severe form of the flu. It might be more accurate to say it is not the common flu.

then they need to stop calling it a coronavirus, by definition thats an influenza virus

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1448 on: March 15, 2020, 01:12:44 PM »
Hmmmmm - Yes possibly
Not sure if You’re aware of this Yet - Only we’re all Going to Die
And the older you get the % chance of Dying Increases

HTH.

Ain't that the fuck'n truth!

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #1449 on: March 15, 2020, 01:14:42 PM »
Ain't that the fuck'n truth!

life sucks >:(