Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 497982 times)

DooM_

• Getbig III
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #1725 on: March 18, 2020, 08:18:07 AM »
This is the most irrational shit I've seen in my entire life.  If you want to severely restrict the elderly and immune compromised people I would have no problem.  Ban visitation at nursing homes and hospitals.  Let them have special hours in the morning for grocery shopping.  Have them limit contact with most people. I would understand that.  Shutting down the entire country and putting millions out of a job while you crush private business and destroy peoples retirements is beyond ridiculous.

x2

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #1726 on: March 18, 2020, 09:11:58 AM »

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #1727 on: March 18, 2020, 09:46:50 AM »
:

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #1728 on: March 18, 2020, 09:51:33 AM »
How will the landlords buy food?
They are evil and rich so they don't deserve to eat.  Only the noble poor leeches of society should eat.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #1729 on: March 18, 2020, 10:07:56 AM »
This will go down in history as the largest world wide overreaction ever.

Time to seriously put the phone down and get off the internet.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #1730 on: March 18, 2020, 10:09:06 AM »
This will go down in history as the largest world wide overreaction ever.

Time to seriously out the phone down and get off the internet.
Yes.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1731 on: March 18, 2020, 10:56:50 AM »
I dont have emotional attachments to other people, I will be OK..

Oh, and people in their 80s dont "die before their time", they are in their 80s, thats when people die anyway...

Ok. So who will feed you, if your handler die by this virus? Who change your diapers, who will wash your shits?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1732 on: March 18, 2020, 11:06:58 AM »
Ok. So who will feed you, if your handler die by this virus? Who change your diapers, who will wash your shits?

If I have to wear diapers I dont want to live anyway..

kepler2008

• Getbig III
Re: Coronavirus restrictions (Getbig edition)
« Reply #1733 on: March 18, 2020, 11:39:15 AM »
03 18 2020 :
France : 264 deaths
Italy : 2978 deaths

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #1734 on: March 18, 2020, 12:01:52 PM »
If I have to wear diapers I dont want to live anyway..

there's no point to live like that

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1735 on: March 18, 2020, 12:10:41 PM »
63 pages of the ramblings of some drama queen named "Army of One", lol. I took a break from GetBig but fortunately things are still funny here.

I got sepsis in August from a surgery gone wrong. I'll take the WuFlu over that any day. Because of the antibiotics my red blood cell production took a dive and for a month breathing felt like I was permanently living at 10,000 feet. My surgeon said I was 24 hours from attaining room temperature. So yeah- I get what severe illness is all about.

95% of people who die from any variation of the flu are typically already lung , kidney or high blood pressure marginal. A common cold can do them in. The real crime in this BS pandemic is the massive overreach of governments based on literally a tempest in a tea cup.

That my friends is what we really need to be concerned about.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1736 on: March 18, 2020, 12:16:47 PM »
63 pages of the ramblings of some drama queen named "Army of One", lol. I took a break from GetBig but fortunately things are still funny here.

I got sepsis in August from a surgery gone wrong. I'll take the WuFlu over that any day. Because of the antibiotics my red blood cell production took a dive and for a month breathing felt like I was permanently living at 10,000 feet. My surgeon said I was 24 hours from attaining room temperature. So yeah- I get what severe illness is all about.

95% of people who die from any variation of the flu are typically already lung , kidney or high blood pressure marginal. A common cold can do them in. The real crime in this BS pandemic is the massive overreach of governments based on literally a tempest in a tea cup.

I almost never get sick. I'm the oldest person living in my house and of the age of people most serious affected by the coronavirus. My adult daughter, son-in-law and adult grandson seem like they get sick every other week, yet my son-in-law has taken it upon himself to dictate what the rest of us have to do to stay safe from the coronavirus. Go figure.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #1737 on: March 18, 2020, 12:26:25 PM »

63 pages where everything I claimed would happen a month ago is happening.Again its about the effect on society and infrastructure.It doesn't matter that most won't die from it, but you can keep focusing on that if that's all your IQ will allow.

Many people seem confused and if they are not old, obese, a smoker etc then it won't effect them.I am none of these things, I'm more worried about the effects on infrastructure and the panic that will set in.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1738 on: March 18, 2020, 12:28:17 PM »
I almost never get sick. I'm the oldest person living in my house and of the age of people most serious affected by the coronavirus. My adult daughter, son-in-law and adult grandson seem like they get sick every other week, yet my son-in-law has taken it upon himself to dictate what the rest of us have to do to stay safe from the coronavirus. Go figure.

do you have dead people in your house?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1739 on: March 18, 2020, 12:30:52 PM »

What makes you think that? Of course I don't have dead people living in my house. For one thing, if they were dead, they wouldn't be living, would they?

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #1740 on: March 18, 2020, 12:55:30 PM »
Journalists trying to give Trump a tough time because he calls the coronavirus the Chinavirus, well it's from China, duh!

Think it would be RACIST!

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1741 on: March 18, 2020, 01:23:49 PM »
What makes you think that? Of course I don't have dead people living in my house. For one thing, if they were dead, they wouldn't be living, would they?

No one implied they lived there Prime. He asked if they were there.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1742 on: March 18, 2020, 01:26:16 PM »

;D
That was my point...

you are the oldest living person in your house..

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #1743 on: March 18, 2020, 03:07:20 PM »
Note: Pro bodybuilders only live to 50 anyway so they need not fear the Corona.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1744 on: March 18, 2020, 03:12:28 PM »

Oh I get it. Do you have dyslexia?  I wrote, "the oldest person living in my house" and oldest living person in my house mean different things. The second phrase implies there are dead people in the house, while the first says there are other people living in my house. I know, it's nit-picking. But to make you happy, I'll be more precise. I am the oldest resident of my house. Better?   :)

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #1745 on: March 18, 2020, 04:34:37 PM »
2827 new cases and 41 new deaths in the United States

New deaths include:

2 new deaths in Santa Clara County (California): a man in his 50s and a man in his 60s

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1746 on: March 18, 2020, 04:37:41 PM »
Oh I get it. Do you have dyslexia?  I wrote, "the oldest person living in my house" and oldest living person in my house mean different things. The second phrase implies there are dead people in the house, while the first says there are other people living in my house. I know, it's nit-picking. But to make you happy, I'll be more precise. I am the oldest resident of my house. Better?   :)

No, dyslexia has nothing to do with understanding context and grammar, its a word blindness of sorts..it has nothing to do with general intelligence

An intelligent man like yourself should know that..

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1747 on: March 18, 2020, 06:28:17 PM »
No, dyslexia has nothing to do with understanding context and grammar, its a word blindness of sorts..it has nothing to do with general intelligence

An intelligent man like yourself should know that..

If I were an intelligent man, I might have known that. Since I didn't, I guess I'm not that intelligent after all. I do have mild dyslexia though. Are dyslexics intelligent or stupid? I don't know. Do you know?

My late wife was my editor (never on Getbig). She was great at it. Now that she's gone, I fuck up what I write all the time.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #1748 on: March 18, 2020, 07:13:09 PM »
One of my all-time favorite movies. 8)

"It's the end of the world." :)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1749 on: March 18, 2020, 07:36:55 PM »
Don't you love what it says in the subject line of this thread, "We are all screwed" as if we didn't already know that. If the coronavirus doesn't screw us, something else eventually will. We are not immortal.

Here's a little ditty to cheer you up.