Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 497917 times)

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #1950 on: March 23, 2020, 09:04:11 AM »
Media hiding the young, healthy people that get it because they know they'll be talking to someone with the flu. Just random reports of "bodies". No one has a YouTube channel called "Living with Corona" or some shit? The few media reports of a young healthy person that had it, show someone that has the flu. But that doesn't fit the terror narrative.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1951 on: March 23, 2020, 09:12:27 AM »
Media hiding the young, healthy people that get it because they know they'll be talking to someone with the flu. Just random reports of "bodies". No one has a YouTube channel called "Living with Corona" or some shit? The few media reports of a young healthy person that had it, show someone that has the flu. But that doesn't fit the terror narrative.

I’m not really sure of what is & isn’t going on.
I do believe Their is a Virus & Probably a Horrible One at that,
Though it’s fairly clear there is a lot of miss information & Scaremongering Going On
And there’s very little being said about the Drugs that are showing potential in helping
People - I’d of thought that would be main headline everywhere- Instead it’s just Constantly
Doom & Gloom.
Is There a sinister ulterior motive ? And if so what the hell could it Be ?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1952 on: March 23, 2020, 09:25:13 AM »
We can tell who skipped the lessons on differential equations and integral calculus at school- you. Exponential growth of viral infections is always the case in the beginning, followed by a plateau and then a decline. I’ll bet you are the kind of guy who sees an increase in strength on the bench press of 10 pounds a week in the beginning and figures in 50 weeks you’ll have the world record, lol

I’m sure Army means well - not so sure all the doom & gloom is helping anyone or doing any good.
And I’m most certainly no math wizard so I can’t really comment on the Exponential growth business.
Though your analogy is amusing.
To me from what I’ve read & heard from various sources the Figures just don’t add up with the Doom & Gloom End of the Human Race predictions -
I’d much rather see & hear of drugs / things to help sort this out - Some much Needed Positivity
Would be Good.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #1953 on: March 23, 2020, 09:36:38 AM »
I’m sure Army means well - not so sure all the doom & gloom is helping anyone or doing any good.
And I’m most certainly no math wizard so I can’t really comment on the Exponential growth business.
Though your analogy is amusing.
To me from what I’ve read & heard from various sources the Figures just don’t add up with the Doom & Gloom End of the Human Race predictions -
I’d much rather see & hear of drugs / things to help sort this out - Some much Needed Positivity
Would be Good.

You HAVE to be doom and gloom to get the point across.Putin came out today and said you either spend 14 days in isolation or spend 5 years in prison.You can't do the softly softly approach in a once in a lifetime pandemic, it just doesn't work.People are too selfish.Thats why I was doom and gloom a month go, hopefully some here listened and were able to avoid the food rush etc, avoided getting themselves infected and maybe prevented a death of them or their relatives.

Everyone here was saying well there's nothing we can do, so why talk about it, which was insane to me.The thing that will save millions of lives, our economy etc, is strict social distancing, isolation, preparing etc.The very opposite of doing nothing, and exactly what every government in the world right now is trying to drill in to the heads of the selfish assholes who believe they are above the law, above catching it, spreading it etc.

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #1954 on: March 23, 2020, 10:39:48 AM »

Very simple.

China has 4 times the population of the US .It is almost an arithmetic certainly that ,in a couple of decades, its per capita nominal GDP about a half that of America's and ,consequently , it will have twice the nominal GDP of America.

China is becoming a world leader in semiconductors, mobile technology, AI, and supercomputers and seems to have mastered the metallurgy for jet engines and is building up tis own aircraft carrier fleet

It is also doing well from global warming with rising CO2 increasing crop yields in China . The permafrost In Siberia, in China's ally country ,Russia, will in few years melt .freeing up vast tracts of land for agriculture. Global warming will also melt ice in the Arctic waters and open up the Northeast/ Northwest  Passage , opening up shorter trade routes from Europe to Asia and vice versa This will also allow Chinese shipping to bypass the US Pacific Fleet and allow  Chinese warship to pass through the Bering Strait, between Russia and Canada, and converge on the northern flanks of Europe and the Americas .

America has to reset, retool, restructure its economy and industries to deal with the Chinese challenge to its hegemon status. And now I guess is as good as time as any to do it.

Elon Musk ,last month, give an idea of the sort of thinking that goes on among the top generals and industrialists, in the US.

"A thing that will feel pretty strange is that the Chinese economy is probably going to be at least twice as big as the United States' economy, maybe three times," Musk said during a fireside chat with U.S. Air Force Lt. Gen. John Thompson at the Air Warfare Symposium in Orlando, Florida. with U.S. Air Force Lt. Gen. John Thompson at the Air Warfare Symposium in Orlando, Florida.

"The foundation of war is economics," Musk said. "If you have half the resources of the counterparty then you better be real innovative, if you're not innovative, you're going to lose."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/28/musk-says-chinese-economy-will-surpass-the-us-by-two-or-three-times.html

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #1955 on: March 23, 2020, 11:12:04 AM »
"...the permafrost in Seberia is going to melt..."

;D  I've got nothing for that.

This thread is now closed.  Good bye citizens. 
a

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1956 on: March 23, 2020, 11:45:17 AM »
Very simple.

China has 4 times the population of the US .It is almost an arithmetic certainly that ,in a couple of decades, its per capita nominal GDP about a half that of America's and ,consequently , it will have twice the nominal GDP of America.

China is becoming a world leader in semiconductors, mobile technology, AI, and supercomputers and seems to have mastered the metallurgy for jet engines and is building up tis own aircraft carrier fleet

It is also doing well from global warming with rising CO2 increasing crop yields in China . The permafrost In Siberia, in China's ally country ,Russia, will in few years melt .freeing up vast tracts of land for agriculture. Global warming will also melt ice in the Arctic waters and open up the Northeast/ Northwest  Passage , opening up shorter trade routes from Europe to Asia and vice versa This will also allow Chinese shipping to bypass the US Pacific Fleet and allow  Chinese warship to pass through the Bering Strait, between Russia and Canada, and converge on the northern flanks of Europe and the Americas .

America has to reset, retool, restructure its economy and industries to deal with the Chinese challenge to its hegemon status. And now I guess is as good as time as any to do it.

Elon Musk ,last month, give an idea of the sort of thinking that goes on among the top generals and industrialists, in the US.

"A thing that will feel pretty strange is that the Chinese economy is probably going to be at least twice as big as the United States' economy, maybe three times," Musk said during a fireside chat with U.S. Air Force Lt. Gen. John Thompson at the Air Warfare Symposium in Orlando, Florida. with U.S. Air Force Lt. Gen. John Thompson at the Air Warfare Symposium in Orlando, Florida.

"The foundation of war is economics," Musk said. "If you have half the resources of the counterparty then you better be real innovative, if you're not innovative, you're going to lose."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/28/musk-says-chinese-economy-will-surpass-the-us-by-two-or-three-times.html

Ok - Clearly I would expect China’s economy to surpass the USA’s as they have such a vast population.
Only what has all that to do with this Virus Going About & Many Countries shutting down.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1957 on: March 23, 2020, 11:54:43 AM »
You HAVE to be doom and gloom to get the point across.Putin came out today and said you either spend 14 days in isolation or spend 5 years in prison.You can't do the softly softly approach in a once in a lifetime pandemic, it just doesn't work.People are too selfish.Thats why I was doom and gloom a month go, hopefully some here listened and were able to avoid the food rush etc, avoided getting themselves infected and maybe prevented a death of them or their relatives.

Everyone here was saying well there's nothing we can do, so why talk about it, which was insane to me.The thing that will save millions of lives, our economy etc, is strict social distancing, isolation, preparing etc.The very opposite of doing nothing, and exactly what every government in the world right now is trying to drill in to the heads of the selfish assholes who believe they are above the law, above catching it, spreading it etc.

Fair points. - Though I’m not with you on the doom & gloom business.
People will do what people will do. Like it or Not were All going to die at some point - some sooner
Than others - Perhaps Some Just Take that view & think what will Be will Be.
No I’m not advocating that.
From the figures so far it appears an awfully Big Hammer to Crack a rather small nut.

It still doesn’t answer why they’re not Pushing the Drugs that are showing good promise
And Letting them be circulated to all who need them.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1958 on: March 23, 2020, 12:19:53 PM »
South Africa will be in lockdown for 3 weeks.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #1959 on: March 23, 2020, 12:26:49 PM »

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1960 on: March 23, 2020, 12:36:03 PM »
I’m not really sure of what is & isn’t going on.
I do believe Their is a Virus & Probably a Horrible One at that,
Though it’s fairly clear there is a lot of miss information & Scaremongering Going On
And there’s very little being said about the Drugs that are showing potential in helping
People - I’d of thought that would be main headline everywhere- Instead it’s just Constantly
Doom & Gloom.

Great post, the constant fear mongering has been over played and it is making people suspicious as to the real goings on.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #1961 on: March 23, 2020, 12:39:31 PM »
Joe Biden has a plan:

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #1962 on: March 23, 2020, 12:42:40 PM »

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #1963 on: March 23, 2020, 12:47:17 PM »
Olympics postponed til 2021

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1964 on: March 23, 2020, 01:04:01 PM »
18-44yr olds make up the bulk of the new york state cases

https://nypost.com/2020/03/23/new-yorkers-aged-18-44-make-up-bulk-of-coronavirus-cases/
What percentage of those are going to ICU or dying?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1965 on: March 23, 2020, 01:14:01 PM »
What percentage of those are going to ICU or dying?

the more people they test the more people they will discover has it, most will recover relatively quickly

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1966 on: March 23, 2020, 01:29:38 PM »
the more people they test the more people they will discover has it, most will recover relatively quickly

Of course.  Iceland has tested the highest percentage of their population and had a .2% mortality rate and .4% of people in intensive care.  And i'm counting the dead guy as being in intensive care.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1967 on: March 23, 2020, 01:43:30 PM »
Australia and New Zealand now in Lockdown
Q

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1968 on: March 23, 2020, 01:51:02 PM »
We are all gonna die...

Has that been posted in this wacko thread yet?

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #1969 on: March 23, 2020, 02:13:29 PM »

Interesting , if true.

"People are still testing positive for the new coronavirus in Wuhan four days after China said there have been no new cases at the epicenter of its outbreak, a local magazine reported, raising concerns that the virus could still be spreading in the city.

“There are still a few or a dozen asymptomatic people every day,” an unidentified official at the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention said in a Monday article by Caixin, referring to those who have the virus but don’t display any symptoms. “It can’t be determined whether transmission has been completely cut off in Wuhan,” the official said.

People who have caught the virus but don’t display symptoms such as cough, fever and muscle pain have been reported in several countries as the pathogen has spread to almost all parts of the world, killing nearly 14,700 and sickening more than 340,000. These asymptomatic carriers appear to be able to transmit the virus to others, according to experts, complicating efforts to stop its spread.

Unlike other countries like South Korea, which counts everyone who’s tested positive as a confirmed case, China does not include asymptomatic infections in its official count. It also does not disclose the number of people in this category, raising concerns that its much-publicized drop to zero new cases last week cannot be taken at face value."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-23/wuhan-still-finding-symptom-free-virus-cases-caixin-reports

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1970 on: March 23, 2020, 02:18:06 PM »

The answer in it's simplest form. All this panic and shutting down state/countries is ridiculous.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #1971 on: March 23, 2020, 02:18:56 PM »
Interesting , if true.

"People are still testing positive for the new coronavirus in Wuhan four days after China said there have been no new cases at the epicenter of its outbreak, a local magazine reported, raising concerns that the virus could still be spreading in the city.

“There are still a few or a dozen asymptomatic people every day,” an unidentified official at the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention said in a Monday article by Caixin, referring to those who have the virus but don’t display any symptoms. “It can’t be determined whether transmission has been completely cut off in Wuhan,” the official said.

People who have caught the virus but don’t display symptoms such as cough, fever and muscle pain have been reported in several countries as the pathogen has spread to almost all parts of the world, killing nearly 14,700 and sickening more than 340,000. These asymptomatic carriers appear to be able to transmit the virus to others, according to experts, complicating efforts to stop its spread.

Unlike other countries like South Korea, which counts everyone who’s tested positive as a confirmed case, China does not include asymptomatic infections in its official count. It also does not disclose the number of people in this category, raising concerns that its much-publicized drop to zero new cases last week cannot be taken at face value."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-23/wuhan-still-finding-symptom-free-virus-cases-caixin-reports

Whistleblowers and residents in Wuhan say China is lying about lack of new cases of coronavirus.

---------------------------------------

Most of us greeted the news from China that there were no new cases in Wuhan with a grain of salt. It turns out that our suspicious skepticism was warranted. From Yahoo News:

Even before COVID-19 became a global crisis, Chinese leaders had been criticized for their handling of the situation and lack of transparency about the disease’s progression. Things now look like they’re on the upswing, and businesses even appear to be headed back to work — but whistleblowers and local officials tell Caixan that’s just a carefully crafted ruse.

Beijing has spent much of the outbreak pushing districts to carry on business as usual, with some local governments subsidizing electricity costs and even installing mandatory productivity quotas. Zhejiang, a province east of the epicenter city of Wuhan, claimed as of Feb. 24 it had restored 98.6 percent of its pre-coronavirus work capacity.

But civil servants tell Caixan that businesses are actually faking these numbers. Beijing had started checking Zhejiang businesses’ electricity consumption levels, so district officials ordered the companies to start leaving their lights and machinery on all day to drive the numbers up, one civil servant said. Businesses have reportedly falsified staff attendance logs as well — they “would rather waste a small amount of money on power than irritate local officials,” Caixan writes.

---------------------------------------

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #1972 on: March 23, 2020, 02:24:34 PM »
And I don't trust this prick.

Fauci Love Letter to Hillary Clinton Surfaces….

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/03/20/fauci-love-letter-to-hillary-clinton-surfaces/

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1973 on: March 23, 2020, 02:27:27 PM »
The answer in it's simplest form. All this panic and shutting down state/countries is ridiculous.

x2 This is my Thoughts Also & Get them malaria medications chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine and the two HIV drugs, lopinavir and ritonavir out there Asap to the hospitals to help people.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1974 on: March 23, 2020, 02:31:31 PM »

Exactly. Personal hygiene and being aware of your surroundings and other people and taking the appropriate precautions, restricting foreign travel and borders... People are more aware than ever before in history the importance of hygiene and being aware of what you touch and where you touch. We are much safer from all communicable diseases than ever before. Shutting down the country and ruining the economy and people's ability to make a living will do far more harm than good. More lives will be ruined and lost than this virus will do.

I don't know anybody that has this virus and nobody I know knows anybody that has this virus either. Those that I see on the news with the virus either show no symptoms or are far from dying. Virtually everybody I know has lost their job or have it severely impacted their employment. My sister who is a flight attendant had her hours cut by 40% (she's been a flight attendant for 30 years).