Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 498026 times)

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #2400 on: March 30, 2020, 05:12:16 PM »
Trump is a stupid person

People the vote for him are stupider

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-seeks-to-sell-public-on-his-coronavirus-response/ar-BB11VVC7

President Trump is aggressively seeking to sell the public on his administration's response to the coronavirus pandemic, a push slammed by critics for presenting a rosier picture than reality.

At the White House's daily press briefings, Trump has taken credit for doing a "hell of a job" and fashioned himself as a wartime president against a backdrop of steadily escalating coronavirus cases and deaths.

He's said he always knew the outbreak was a pandemic after downplaying the danger in January and February, while voicing optimism about progress in testing and finding a vaccine.

He's criticized state governors who have complained about shortages in critical medical supplies and repeatedly battled with the media. On Sunday, he denied saying things he'd said days earlier, adding fuel to a debate in the media about whether to show the press briefings in real time.

"As @realDonaldTrump continues to prattle on at his nightly rally about what a terrific job he's doing, America clears 100,000 diagnosed COVID-19 cases-tops in the world and rapidly climbing," CNN pundit and former Obama strategist David Axelrod wrote in a Sunday tweet. "Why are we wasting so much time on tedious, shameless self-promotion?"

Polls show a majority of the public approves of the job Trump is doing, which likely bolsters the White House's confidence in the briefings. Trump has also sought to play questions about whether the media would broadcast the briefings to his advantage by setting up the press as rooting for his and the country's failure.

Trump in recent days described his administration's performance as "fantastic," "incredible" and "great" amid criticism that the administration was late to recognize the threat and to urge Americans to practice social distancing.

News to stay informed. Advice to stay safe.
Click here for complete coronavirus coverage from Microsoft News
To be sure, the president has taken steps that have earned him commendation, including the decision to declare a national emergency over the virus on March 13 and, more recently, to extend social distancing guidelines until the end of April based on advice from public health officials.

"I think, beginning March 13, he has come to grips with the crisis," said Yanzhong Huang, a global health fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations.

But even after March 13, Trump flirted with reopening much of the country by Easter before being convinced the virus's spread might actually be peaking around that holiday on April 12.

Huang said Trump's decision to restrict travel from China in late January, which the president often cites as an example of swift action against the virus, would have been more effective if it had been paired with more aggressive steps to screen travelers and enforce quarantines.

Some of the president's key actions to combat the virus have also amounted to reversals from previously held stances, further undermining his effort to project a sense of control over the pandemic.

Slide 1 of 50: A man walks his dog past graffiti calling for people to wash their hands to combat the spread of the coronavirus, in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Monday March, 30, 2020. The new coronavirus causes mild or moderate symptoms for most people, but for some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness of death.
Next Slide
Full screen
1/50 SLIDES © Peter Morrison/AP Photo
The world is battling the COVID-19 outbreak that the World Health Organization declared a global pandemic, which has claimed more than 36,946 lives and infected more than 775,306 people around the world.

(Pictured) A man walks his dog past graffiti calling for people to wash their hands to combat the spread of the coronavirus, in Belfast, Northern Ireland on March, 30.

Slideshow by photo services

Trump last week invoked the Defense Production Act to compel General Motors to make ventilators one day after he questioned state requests for tens of thousands of the breathing machines.

Trump on Sunday predicted the deaths from the virus would peak in two weeks and repeatedly referred to models that showed up to 2.2 million Americans could die of the virus without any mitigation efforts, saying the figure influenced his decision to extend social distancing guidelines.

He also then took credit for actions that he said would prevent the country from reaching such a gruesome milestone.

"If we can hold that down, as we're saying, to 100,000 - it's a horrible number maybe even less, but to 100,000... we all, together, have done a very good job," Trump told reporters in the Rose Garden.

Yet Trump as recently as last week compared the coronavirus to the common flu or automobile accidents. He predicted in February that the number of confirmed cases in the U.S. would be close to zero "within a couple days."

"The most cynical thing @POTUS did yesterday was move the goal posts on his performance. He now says millions would have died if not for his heroic effort. That's to cover for hundreds of thousands dying. Just remember his inaction got us here and he said that magic would solve it," Joe Lockhart, a former White House spokesman under President Clinton, wrote in a tweet.

Trump has talked up therapeutic treatments being tested by the Food and Drug Administration, such as drugs used to treat malaria, hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, that are being tested on more than 1,000 patients in New York. Health professionals, including Dr. Anthony Fauci, have emphasized that the treatments have not yet been proven to be safe and effective.

The president's allies have credited him with adopting a somber tone for most of the past two weeks. He appeared to fully grasp the extent of the problem on Sunday as he spoke soberly about worst case scenarios and images of bodies being taken out of a New York City hospital.

Advisers also pointed to the extension of social distancing guidelines despite a desire to reopen parts of the economy as proof that Trump is actually taking to heart the data presented to him by officials like Fauci and Dr. Deborah Birx.

Trump signaled in an appearance Monday on "Fox & Friends" that he would continue to listen to public health officials if they recommended extending the guidelines into May.

"Once he saw the gravity of the numbers in the modeling, he made the right choice," said Jason Miller, a former Trump campaign aide who now co-hosts a radio show focused on the pandemic.

Recent polling indicates Trump's tactics to flood the airwaves with his own messaging may be effective politically. An ABC News-Washington Post poll released at the end of last week showed that 51 percent of Americans surveyed approve of Trump's handling of the coronavirus outbreak, whereas 45 percent disapprove. Fifty-eight percent also said the president acted too slowly in the early days of the outbreak.

Trump will face a major test in the coming weeks as he shepherds the public through a period expected to yield the peak number of COVID-19 cases and further economic turmoil. The number of domestic cases exceeded 153,000 on Monday, while statewide shutdowns have forced businesses to temporarily close their doors and lay off or furlough employees.

"Presidents get reelected in wartimes more often than not," said GOP strategist Alex Conant, who held communications roles in George W. Bush's White House and on Sen. Marco Rubio's (R-Fla.) 2016 presidential campaign. "We've already seen at least a little bit of a rallying around the commander in chief, and we don't know how long that lasts."

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2401 on: March 30, 2020, 05:18:29 PM »
‘Even the invincible aren’t invincible’: HS baseball coach, 30, dies of coronavirus

Ben Luderer, the head baseball coach at Cliffside Park and a member of the 2008 Don Bosco Prep team that was ranked No. 1 in the nation, died Monday from complications of the coronavirus.

Luderer, 30, was remembered as a key member of a national championship baseball team and an up-and-coming head coach by his former high school coaches Monday.

“It’s a shocking loss,” said Greg Butler the head coach of the 2008 Don Bosco team and now the athletic director at Demarest. “Even the invincible aren’t invincible. That was a group of guys who could not be beaten, then something like this happens and shows just how vulnerable we all are.

“He was a healthy, strong, athletic, 30-year-old head coach.”

Luderer was a special education teacher at School No. 6 (middle school) in Cliffside Park.

“He is irreplaceable,” said Cliffside Park athletic director David Porfido. “I cried all morning.”

Porfido said he informed players of Luderer’s death via video conference on Monday.

“We all live by rulebooks and manuals, but there was nothing for this,” Porfido said. “When I told the kids there was nothing but silence.”

Luderer went to the hospital last Friday when he felt symptoms consistent with coronavirus, according to Porfido, but he was sent home.

“I was told things went bad on Sunday night,” Porfido said. “He died at his home.”

Luderer played his college baseball at Marist. He was one of seven Division I players on a Don Bosco team that went 33-0. At Marist, he also met his wife Brandy, who coaches volleyball and basketball at Cliffside Park.

“We were playing in the county championship game in 2006 and we had the game wrapped up,” said former Don Bosco head coach Leon Matthews. “Ben was only a sophomore and I wanted to put him in the game. He turned to me and said ‘coach, let the senior finish it up.’

“He was selfless. You don’t forget a kid like that.”

During the historic 2008 season, Luderer was given the job of catching and managing one of New Jersey’s premier pitching staffs. The two aces were left-hander Eric Pfisterer and righty Eric Dennhardt.

Pfisterer went on to pitch at Duke and was a 15th round draft choice of the Cincinnati Reds as a senior. Dennhardt went to Boston College and also played in the Reds organization.

“I needed him to control that pitching staff,” Butler said. “You needed to be a heck of catcher to handle their stuff and work the game.

“His senior year he hit in the six-hole for us and I don’t think he went into a slump all season. It seemed like he had a clutch RBI in every game.”

“With Ben you never had to coach effort,” Matthews said. “Ben was a little round when he came to us as a freshman from River Dell. But he got himself in shape and he worked on everything. He loved practice. He was one of those first-to-arrive, last-to-leave kind of kids.”

Matthews, who coached Luderer his first three seasons at Don Bosco and in travel ball, said he was on his way to becoming an outstanding coach.

“He loved coaching, he loved teaching and making kids better,” Matthews said. “It gave me chills to watch him coach.

“I can only imagine what kind of loss this is for the kids in the Cliffside Park program. There are a lot of guys who don’t pour their hearts into the kids. I watched him and he taught every kid the same from his best players to those who were on his bench.

“He was going to be a great coach,” Matthews added.

Butler, who also directs the Bergen County Tournament, said Cliffside Park was on its way back to becoming prominent.

“When I was a kid, Cliffside Park was a good program, but in recent years it fell off the rails,” Butler said. “He helped bring that program back to respectability. I was excited to see it.”

“Ben preached education-based athletics,” Porfido said. “He learned Spanish so he could communicate better with some of our kids and their parents. He related to our kids in any way possible. Ben did a tremendous job of getting our program to the next level. We have two juniors who signed letters of intent and two seniors going to play in college.

“He was a friend to everybody and just a tremendous person to be around. It’s just horrible.”

https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports/2020/03/even-the-invincible-arent-invincible-hs-baseball-coach-30-dies-of-coronavirus.html?utm_content=nj_facebook_njcom&utm_campaign=njcom_sf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1SGo-X-XTOXWBQhuV-yKKV6xFprWX_EX6em_Lfqah0IXpzkkHXvpS6JqQ

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2402 on: March 30, 2020, 05:29:49 PM »

Trump is a smart person

People the vote for him are intelligent

:D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2403 on: March 30, 2020, 06:03:42 PM »
My daughter found out today that her physical therapist tested positive for the novel coronavirus. She saw her primary care doctor today and took the COVID-19 test. Results take five days. She's allergic to almost all antibiotics. So if she has it, she's in a pickle. Presently, she's quarantined in the bedroom at least until the test results come through and longer if she has the virus. Fortunately, she is a relatively healthy person.

Sorry, I can't put a humorous spin on this. I'm just going try and keep positive thoughts for her well being and the rest of us who've already had contact with her.   

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #2404 on: March 30, 2020, 11:26:17 PM »
My daughter found out today that her physical therapist tested positive for the novel coronavirus. She saw her primary care doctor today and took the COVID-19 test. Results take five days. She's allergic to almost all antibiotics. So if she has it, she's in a pickle. Presently, she's quarantined in the bedroom at least until the test results come through and longer if she has the virus. Fortunately, she is a relatively healthy person.

Sorry, I can't put a humorous spin on this. I'm just going try and keep positive thoughts for her well being and the rest of us who've already had contact with her.   

All joking aside, good luck to you guys and be safe. Also, considering being less of an old fag.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2405 on: March 30, 2020, 11:53:19 PM »

Damn - That’s not what she or the household needs
Hopefully she’ll come back clear from the virus in the test.

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2406 on: March 30, 2020, 11:54:23 PM »
Quote from: Primemuscle
A lot of us are.

I want hard data exactly how many people do you actually know who aren't?

unfortunately, I suspect we will be hearing about it for a long time to come.

I would not bet on that.

I am 75 years old and this is the biggest thing that has happened in my lifetime.

My closest friend here is 83 and he begs to differ.

even if they find a cure for it or a vaccine to prevent it.

Im snarky because I haven't slept and I did not like the tone of your post, it comes across very much like if we presumed the media is in fact trying to brainwash the masses the most advanced (in terms of % of brainwashed matter vs unbrainwashed matter in your skull) would of course be retired since they have more "free time"  to spend doing WHAT? Watching television of course! I shudder at the thought that there might be more people who sound like your post did and sadly the only logic I really have for reference says as we are forced indoors and glued to the television sets, sooner or later we will all sound like you. In this post you made I am referencing. Usually I enjoy reading what you wright.

FYI the day is coming sooner than later that the media will wash this experience from most peoples list of things to allocate scant mental resources to. You may not even notice when it happens, but it's right around the corner I think.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2407 on: March 31, 2020, 12:05:15 AM »
All joking aside, good luck to you guys and be safe. Also, considering being less of an old fag.

Thank you for the well wishes. They are much appreciated. We're hoping it's just a scare. We should know in about 5 days. It sure dumps the whole mess on our doorstep though. This is going to play out in one of two ways. One being that my daughter didn't contract the virus from her physical therapist and she and the rest of us can literally breathe a little easier, or she did and we'll all end up getting tested and or quarantined. If one of us is going to get sick and die, it should be me because I've lived a full life. The rest of my family is just getting started.

On another note. Maybe you could explain for me how someone becomes less of an old fag? I'm old and not getting any younger, God damn it! I've also been bisexual for the last 6 or 7 decades which has not changed, much as there were times past when I wish it had.

Did you know that many gay folks don't like bisexual folks, just as many straight folks don't like us either? Lucky me, huh? Why does it bother some people when other people learn to be comfortable in their own skin, once they figure out they don't have the option of getting new skin? Only snakes get to do that.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2408 on: March 31, 2020, 12:19:48 AM »
Thank you for the well wishes. They are much appreciated. We're hoping it's just a scare. We should know in about 5 days. It sure dumps the whole mess on our doorstep though. This is going to play out in one of two ways. One being that my daughter didn't contract the virus from her physical therapist and she and the rest of us can literally breathe a little easier, or she did and we'll all end up getting tested and or quarantined. If one of us is going to get sick and die, it should be me because I've lived a full life. The rest of my family is just getting started.

On another note. Maybe you could explain for me how someone becomes less of an old fag? I'm old and not getting any younger, God damn it! I've also been bisexual for the last 6 or 7 decades which has not changed, much as there were times past when I wish it had.

Did you know that many gay folks don't like bisexual folks, just as many straight folks don't like us either? Lucky me, huh? Why does it bother some people when other people learn to be comfortable in their own skin, once they figure out they don't have the option of getting new skin? Only snakes get to do that.

Most people don't care about what someone's sexual preference is. In fact, unless someone is involved in one's personal lives there should be no reason they would even know what their sexual proclivities are. What we don't like is having it shoved in our faces constantly. There are many gay people on this board and it's never an issue as they mostly keep it to themselves. With you, it's always there. Always trying to normalize it. Always making excuses for perversion and even defending it. It's like your sexuality is what primarily defines you. If anybody starts a thread or makes a post regarding anything having to do with gayness, transsexuality, bisexuality, gender confusion... anything, there you will be front and center.

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2409 on: March 31, 2020, 12:26:11 AM »
Most people don't care about what someone's sexual preference is. In fact, unless someone is involved in one's personal lives there should be no reason they would even know what their sexual proclivities are. What we don't like is having it shoved in our faces constantly. There are many gay people on this board and it's never an issue as they mostly keep it to themselves. With you, it's always there. Always trying to normalize it. Always making excuses for perversion and even defending it. It's like your sexuality is what primarily defines you. If anybody starts a thread or makes a post regarding anything having to do with gayness, transsexuality, bisexuality, gender confusion... anything, there you will be front and center.

Excellent post. For what it's worth, I would take up arms and march to my death to defend this country. Who or what people like to fuck, don't care don't really need to know about it, DEFINITELY don't need or want to hear about it, DEFINITELY don't need/want to have to see it proudly displayed for the world to see. Be more Japanese, less American. At the end of the day it's the logical thing to do as unity brings strength, division weakness. It makes sense to carry on publicly in the least controversial way. While still preserving the essence of controversy and free speech and individualism etc. You know what I mean.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2410 on: March 31, 2020, 12:27:25 AM »

How about you learn a new tune. This one is getting really old. Have you ever thought about not making or following threads about people's sexuality? Or at least not ragging on about it when someone else does?

Case in point. I responded to a direct question someone asked me. You weren't a part of our conversation and yet here you are horning in on it. Something you do fairly often. But maybe you haven't notice that.

You are a fairly competent Getbig historian. Maybe you could tell me how many of these threads which seem to trouble you so much I've actually started. See how that works? But hey, don't put yourself out. Wouldn't want anything gay to rub off on you. Because if it did, you'd have to kill yourself.

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2411 on: March 31, 2020, 12:35:18 AM »

Id be willing to bet you aren't even bisexual. How many men have you slept with in the last 6 months? Year? 5 years? Questions are relevant as the title "Bisexual" implies you have sex with both men and women. It does not mean you find some dudes to be good looking, it means some of the time chicks get you off, but a certain looking dude could have done just as well.

Human sexuality is ooooooo super complex and super individualistically open to interpretation but at the end of the day, if you are bisexual, I don't think a monogamous relationship with a woman would be fulfilling. In fact, it would probably end in disaster.

Just throwing my opinion out there because the whole topic seems a little sensitive for you, or worth talking about to you, and I felt what I wrote might enlighten you. Time to time I see men I can say I find appealing physically, I can appreciate male beauty, but I have never in my life felt like being with a good looking dude was my ticket even just for the night. Sex appeal as it pertains to bisexuality implies you can be and often must be turned on by an aggressive male, theoretically you would still find a submissive female attractive I guess.

You must also dig the aroma of male sweat cum and asshole residue. I've smelled it, no thank you.

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2412 on: March 31, 2020, 12:36:52 AM »
How about you learn a new tune. This one is getting really old. Have you ever thought about not making or following threads about people's sexuality? Or at least not ragging on about it when someone else does?

Case in point. I responded to a direct question someone asked me. You weren't a part of our conversation and yet here you are horning in on it. Something you do fairly often. But maybe you haven't notice that.

You are a fairly competent Getbig historian. Maybe you could tell me how many of these threads which seem to trouble you so much I've actually started. See how that works? But hey, don't put yourself out. Wouldn't want anything gay to rub off on you. Because if it did, you'd have to kill yourself.

Whoa whoa whoa- Pellius, I think this old dude is coming on to you! Holy shit, he really is bisexual!

And e-grinding on getbig as it were hehe.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2413 on: March 31, 2020, 12:52:55 AM »
Id be willing to bet you aren't even bisexual. How many men have you slept with in the last 6 months? Year? 5 years? Questions are relevant as the title "Bisexual" implies you have sex with both men and women. It does not mean you find some dudes to be good looking, it means some of the time chicks get you off, but a certain looking dude could have done just as well.

Human sexuality is ooooooo super complex and super individualistically open to interpretation but at the end of the day, if you are bisexual, I don't think a monogamous relationship with a woman would be fulfilling. In fact, it would probably end in disaster.

Just throwing my opinion out there because the whole topic seems a little sensitive for you, or worth talking about to you, and I felt what I wrote might enlighten you. Time to time I see men I can say I find appealing physically, I can appreciate male beauty, but I have never in my life felt like being with a good looking dude was my ticket even just for the night. Sex appeal as it pertains to bisexuality implies you can be and often must be turned on by an aggressive male, theoretically you would still find a submissive female attractive I guess.

You must also dig the aroma of male sweat cum and asshole residue. I've smelled it, no thank you.

Who knows what I am or am not. People like putting other people in convenient little boxes. Sometimes we will say something just to make them more comfortable. To answer your question. I haven't been with anyone, male or female in the last 5 years and actually for much, much longer than that. I could give you more details, but I wouldn't want to set Pellius off, so I am trying to be succinct here.

You raise some interesting questions. Too bad I have a gag order from on high. ::) PM me if you want to continue this conversation. 

BTW, nobody's asshole smells very good unless you like the smell of shit. Ever hear the expression, shit stinks?   ;D

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #2414 on: March 31, 2020, 07:54:16 AM »
Look another retard.

The Doctor making the claim hasn't seen a single covid19 patient. He's been self isolated for weeks
Fully site your source without a news link....until then? Kill yourself for being part of the problem :-*

Bench

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2415 on: March 31, 2020, 08:15:45 AM »

Why the fuck is it taking 5 days.  If she really has it, then 5 days from now it might be too late to reverse some of the issues.  What the fuck is wrong with our medical system.  People who want to claim we have the best in the world need to shut the fuck up.  Our country can't even handle 100000 sick patients without fucking chaos.

Trump was blabbing his orange lips about some 15 minute test.  Where is it?

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2416 on: March 31, 2020, 08:38:48 AM »
Why the fuck is it taking 5 days.  If she really has it, then 5 days from now it might be too late to reverse some of the issues.  What the fuck is wrong with our medical system.  People who want to claim we have the best in the world need to shut the fuck up.  Our country can't even handle 100000 sick patients without fucking chaos.

Trump was blabbing his orange lips about some 15 minute test.  Where is it?
We have the best healthcare in the world.  You want to see chaos?  Check out Spain and Italy and their universal healthcare systems. No chaos here besides are very own chaos. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2417 on: March 31, 2020, 08:52:36 AM »
Dirty fng Chinese - eat bats, rats, cats, dogs, monkeys, etc - are communists, lied about this and the world has to deal with it. 

We need to decouple entirely from their pos country. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2020/03/30/the-coronavirus-is-becoming-a-public-relations-disaster-for-china/#6639987f43f2

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2418 on: March 31, 2020, 09:10:26 AM »
This is great.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #2419 on: March 31, 2020, 10:28:09 AM »
Dirty fng Chinese - eat bats, rats, cats, dogs, monkeys, etc - are communists, lied about this and the world has to deal with it. 

We need to decouple entirely from their pos country. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2020/03/30/the-coronavirus-is-becoming-a-public-relations-disaster-for-china/#6639987f43f2

BINGO!     *but we can still watch super cool Kung Fu movies.
a

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #2421 on: March 31, 2020, 10:44:46 AM »
Trump is a stupid person

People the vote for him are stupider

Should we point out the irony? ::)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #2422 on: March 31, 2020, 11:55:55 AM »

For dearth, Straw and all the other cuckodiles.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2423 on: March 31, 2020, 12:03:41 PM »

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2424 on: March 31, 2020, 12:06:27 PM »

For dearth, Straw and all the other cuckodiles.

👍🏻 - Spot on as Usual Scott.