Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 497877 times)

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #2700 on: April 05, 2020, 09:09:04 AM »
Well.. its a good thing Pneumonia isn't a problem this year  ???

WTF??

If you plot the red line with real data, you'll see is quite similar to the green line (season 2018-2019).

So yep, chart is fake.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2701 on: April 05, 2020, 09:18:24 AM »
This beauty should never be covered by a mask!

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #2702 on: April 05, 2020, 09:56:11 AM »
If you plot the red line with real data, you'll see is quite similar to the green line (season 2018-2019).

So yep, chart is fake.

Actually, it's not all that similar. Flu deaths seem to be. Pneumonia is not if you use the interactive graph and have fallen during peak season in comparison to previous years.

Percent number of deaths doesn't matter as that is kind of the point. If it was as much of a killer as it is supposedly is, then deaths would be dramatically up. They are not and actually significantly down across the nation.

Total deaths from this year: 40,000.
2019: 57,000
2018: 56,000
2017: 57,000
2016: 54,000
2015: 53,000
2014: 52,000

Looks like whoever made that graph should have the 2019-2020 graph closer to the 3000 line and tried to make it more dramatic though.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #2703 on: April 05, 2020, 10:11:25 AM »
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/coronavirus/Alert-2-New-ICD-code-introduced-for-COVID-19-deaths.pdf?fbclid=IwAR00Y5sgAh8Cby3QIOdN8EYi8NYyUqSbbFJSBsFleQyRmaVMrKq9E4qmNxs

This is disturbing as well and (once again) there are not a hysteria worthy amount of deaths anyway. Ask an honest doctor what they think about these guidelines and how they can skew the numbers.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #2704 on: April 05, 2020, 10:17:48 AM »
Actually, it's not all that similar. Flu deaths seem to be. Pneumonia is not if you use the interactive graph and have fallen during peak season in comparison to previous years.

Percent number of deaths doesn't matter as that is kind of the point. If it was as much of a killer as it is supposedly is, then deaths would be dramatically up. They are not and actually significantly down across the nation.

Total deaths from this year: 40,000.
2019: 57,000
2018: 56,000
2017: 57,000
2016: 54,000
2015: 53,000
2014: 52,000

Looks like whoever made that graph should have the 2019-2020 graph closer to the 3000 line and tried to make it more dramatic though.

Those are the weekly number of deaths in the US regardless of what caused them.

They're not the number of deaths from Pneumonia.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #2705 on: April 05, 2020, 10:25:31 AM »
I entered some of the data in Excel and made this chart. There's a decrease in week 12, but the fake chart that was posted was made with incorrect data for the last weeks.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #2706 on: April 05, 2020, 10:31:59 AM »
Those are the weekly number of deaths in the US regardless of what caused them.

They're not the number of deaths from Pneumonia.

That is what I stated. If the virus was as bad as they said deaths would be up is a point that many have made.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #2707 on: April 05, 2020, 10:33:34 AM »
I entered some of the data in Excel and made this chart. There's a decrease in week 12, but the fake chart that was posted was made with incorrect data for the last weeks.

Yep, he definitely made it look much more dramatic than what it is to prove a point that could have been potentially shown without it.
It will be interesting to see the next set of numbers that come out thats for sure as I'm not convinced one way or another with this. Only stance I have is that it is way overblown.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #2709 on: April 05, 2020, 10:48:20 AM »
That is what I stated. If the virus was as bad as they said deaths would be up is a point that many have made.

Looking at one single week is pointless.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2710 on: April 05, 2020, 11:26:52 AM »

So you're saying the CDC made a fake chart? Its off their website... check in the link in the top left corner of the image

Big Karma

• Getbig II
« Reply #2711 on: April 05, 2020, 11:51:12 AM »
Why would you remove people with pre-existing conditions from the statistics? ???

Are you trying to imply Covid-19 it's not a big deal because most healthy, young people don't die from it?

It's the sheer number of people with and without pre-existing conditions what saturates the healthcare system.

Maybe he's asking why the focus of isolation isn't on those people. 

There must be a good answer, and it'd help if more of us could understand it (that answer).

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #2712 on: April 05, 2020, 03:10:24 PM »
So you're saying the CDC made a fake chart? Its off their website... check in the link in the top left corner of the image

You really think I said that? ???

Please check both links. The chart is nowhere to be found.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #2713 on: April 05, 2020, 03:36:10 PM »
This whole thing is a fraud. ::)

New York may already be at apex of cases… – Cuomo

Direct link:
https://youtu.be/J3npY02SECs

Reporter asks ‘you are using only 16,000 beds, and you said you would need at least 110,000.’ As Tucker Carlson discussed Friday night, hospitalization rates nationwide are only about 15-20% of what the models predicted. ::)

Big Karma

• Getbig II
« Reply #2714 on: April 05, 2020, 03:53:06 PM »
el numero uno, can you please look at post above... The one quoting your response to Thin Lizzy.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2715 on: April 05, 2020, 03:57:56 PM »
You know, my general assumption in this sort of situation is that if something seems very obvious to me but not obvious to a bunch of people who do something like this professionally, the issue is usually that I’m lacking some important context or piece of knowledge that they have.

The data input can be correct but this is why when something bucks a trend the data owner needs to investigate to validate the data and then stand up to scrutiny when questioned over why it changed.

Without context i could say there were less older people that year (old and Pne go together), the weather was much warmer than usual, a health care shortage mean less people were diagnosed, a new vaccine was created and drastically reduced cases etc.   In other words, it's pretty damn useless.

Hope that might help?

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #2716 on: April 05, 2020, 04:30:47 PM »
Maybe he's asking why the focus of isolation isn't on those people.  

There must be a good answer, and it'd help if more of us could understand it (that answer).

No, he claims Covid-19 is a hoax.

But I get your point.

From what I've read, there are some countries who are just isolating the elderly, in the hopes that young people will tolerate the disease and build herd immunity. A few countries like Brazil have decided to not do anything about it, no lockdowns, no restrictions, nada.

Not sure how that will work out.

Apparently, experts think Coronavirus can end up infecting too many people at once, in which case, even if you isolate the vulnerable you still end up overwhelming the system.

I think countries who are not following the WHO guidelines will serve as a good (but not perfect) indicator of if lockdowns were necessary at all.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #2717 on: April 05, 2020, 04:37:18 PM »
Proof of the lie and games going on. :o

CDC Tells Hospitals To List COVID as Cause of Death Even if You're Just Assuming or It Only Contributed.

The problem with making informed decisions about coronavirus is that we don’t have a whole lot of data on it at the moment.

The data that we do have, meanwhile, could end up being terminally skewed, particularly the data that’s been coming out of China.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s guidance on determining COVID-19 as a cause of death isn’t going to help those numbers.

Issued March 24, the guidance tells hospitals to list COVID-19 as a cause of death regardless of whether or not there’s actual testing to confirm that’s the case.

Instead, even if the coronavirus was just a contributing factor or if it’s “assumed to have caused or contributed to death,” it can be listed as the primary cause.
  ::)

Full story and video:

https://www.westernjournal.com/cdc-tells-hospitals-list-covid-cause-death-even-just-assuming-contributed/?utm_source=whatfinger

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #2718 on: April 05, 2020, 04:42:26 PM »
This whole thing is a fraud. ::)

New York may already be at apex of cases… – Cuomo

Direct link:
https://youtu.be/J3npY02SECs

Reporter asks ‘you are using only 16,000 beds, and you said you would need at least 110,000.’ As Tucker Carlson discussed Friday night, hospitalization rates nationwide are only about 15-20% of what the models predicted. ::)

You are a douche bag. This is dangerous propoganda.

Big Karma

• Getbig II
« Reply #2719 on: April 05, 2020, 04:59:38 PM »
No, he claims Covid-19 is a hoax.

But I get your point.

From what I've read, there are some countries who are just isolating the elderly, in the hopes that young people will tolerate the disease and build herd immunity. A few countries like Brazil have decided to not do anything about it, no lock downs, no restrictions.

Not sure how that will work out.

Apparently, experts think Coronavirus can end up infecting too many people at once, in which case, even if you isolate the vulnerable you still end up overwhelming the system.

I think countries who are not following the WHO guidelines will serve as a good (but not peerfect) indicator of if lockdowns were necessary at all.

I didn't know that about Brazil.  That does seem crazy, at least at first glance.  Just due to the number of elderly, if nothing else.  I will look into it right now.

To be fair to Thin Lizzy, though, he's made some good points and his posts have actually improved my mood (this is depressing for most of us, i'm sure).   Also his questions about the timeline have gone unanswered from what I've seen.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2720 on: April 05, 2020, 05:13:39 PM »
stop following me around. its getting boring.
Typical anonymous cowardly keyboard warrior. You start shit with me and then when you get it back you immediately starting whining and crying. 

Big Karma

• Getbig II
« Reply #2721 on: April 05, 2020, 05:19:01 PM »
I'm thinking it's very real and very infectious.  But the response is increasing the danger, big time.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2722 on: April 05, 2020, 05:22:43 PM »
The best experts are guessing at the numbers, because that's what's available. What medical science, our leadership and the media report are best their guesses based on whatever information they have, which may or may not be accurate. Anyone who still thinks the novel coronavirus is a total hoax should get their heads examined. This shit is real. It's no hoax. The entire world does not conspire to create something that doesn't exist. If in the end, the predictions were overstated, that is a much better situation than if they were understated and people got sick or died unnecessarily as a result.  

Big Karma

• Getbig II
« Reply #2723 on: April 05, 2020, 05:37:24 PM »
The best experts are guessing at the numbers, because that's what's available. What medical science, our leadership and the media report are best their guesses based on whatever information they have, which may or may not be accurate. Anyone who still thinks the novel coronavirus is a total hoax should get their heads examined. This shit is real. It's no hoax. The entire world does not conspire to create something that doesn't exist. If in the end, the predictions were overstated, that is a much better situation than if they were understated and people got sick or died unnecessarily as a result.  

I think people are saying the response is a hoax or somehow hoax- like, rather than the thing itself.

And when the economy is being wrecked, people had absolutely better question everything.  I don't blame those who question, at all.  I'd be freaked out if no one was doing that.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #2724 on: April 05, 2020, 05:44:41 PM »
Proof of the lie and games going on. :o

CDC Tells Hospitals To List COVID as Cause of Death Even if You're Just Assuming or It Only Contributed.
  ::)

Full story and video:

https://www.westernjournal.com/cdc-tells-hospitals-list-covid-cause-death-even-just-assuming-contributed/?utm_source=whatfinger
Posted this about 8 posts up.
Also here is the direct link for CDC guidelines. Very, very open to manipulation

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/coronavirus/Alert-2-New-ICD-code-introduced-for-COVID-19-deaths.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1fs5kAvKlZjHp4I93kc-FBujCRPQlg6YYv5lKfXeBUGoRX0qGiku5Z0CE