Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 497981 times)

balzac

• Getbig IV
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #2775 on: April 06, 2020, 02:29:50 PM »
 :D

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2776 on: April 06, 2020, 06:20:22 PM »
Love seeing my fans putting in work on Saturday nights over me. Yes!!! Who won again?

In hindsight not the Wisest Words ?
As it Turned Out - “Who won again ?” Certainly not You
Run to the Mods & off the board not to Return.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2777 on: April 06, 2020, 07:22:56 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2778 on: April 06, 2020, 07:33:48 PM »
Bronx Zoo Tiger has Tested Positive for COVID-19

Nadia, as seen on Animal Planet’s THE ZOO, has tested positive for the novel coronavirus and six other large cats have developed symptoms—all are expected to recover, according to zoo officials.

Today, the Wildlife Conservation Society’s Bronx Zoo released a statement that Nadia, a 4-year-old female Malayan tiger at the Bronx Zoo, has tested positive for COVID-19. Nadia was featured in the 2017 series premiere of Animal Planet's THE ZOO, which took audiences behind the scenes of the world-renowned Bronx Zoo.

According to zoo officials, they tested Nadia out of an abundance of caution and will ensure any knowledge gained about COVID-19 will contribute to the world’s continuing understanding of this novel coronavirus. The positive COVID-19 test for the tiger was confirmed by USDA’s National Veterinary Services Laboratory, based in Ames, Iowa.

Nadia, her sister Azul, two Amur tigers, and three African lions had developed a dry cough, one of the symptoms of COVID-19. “Though they have experienced some decrease in appetite, the cats at the Bronx Zoo are otherwise doing well under veterinary care and are bright, alert, and interactive with their keepers,” said zoo officials. It is not known how this disease will develop in big cats since different species can react differently to novel infections, but the zoo will continue to monitor them closely and anticipate full recoveries.

So far, none of the zoo’s snow leopards, cheetahs, clouded leopard, Amur leopard, puma, or serval are showing any signs of illness. Zoo officials said the cats were infected by a person caring for them who was asymptomatically infected with the virus or before that person developed symptoms. However, appropriate preventive measures are now in place for all staff who are caring for the cats, and the other cats in our four WCS zoos, to prevent further exposure of any other of zoo cats.

https://www.discovery.com/guy-has-tested-positive-for-covid-19

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2779 on: April 06, 2020, 07:41:31 PM »
Pensions aren’t guaranteed  bro, you know this. If it is a state/government based pension a person is probably in good shape, but any private pension can be eliminated if the economics don’t support it.

Would a pension from Lockheed be considered private or state/government?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2780 on: April 06, 2020, 07:41:36 PM »
My argument from day 1 has been the key data is overall deaths.  You are either dead or not and it can't be influenced or biased.

'Rona' is supposed to be knocking more people off than usual. If it's really all that bad we will see an uptick trend in deaths that overshadows any other influencing factors.

I searched and got the raw data for the UK total deaths by week and tabled it up. I will keep an eye on their future reports.

Data is reported from Jan 2020 up to the 20th March 2020.

Jan 2020 = -1,409  vs the previous 5yr average
Feb 2020 = -2,696 vs the previous 5yr average
Mar 20th 2020 = -717 vs the previous 5yr average
**data set shows first 3 months tracking below the total death average over the previous 5yrs.

It's safe to say we didn't see any impact in Jan or Feb.

March can be argued coming out of Winter, flu season influences to the data reduce so we should see a balancing out anyway. Therefore i don't see the uptick being influenced with 'hidden' Rona deaths.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2781 on: April 06, 2020, 08:16:50 PM »
Prisoner Uses Smuggled Cellphone to Beg for Help With Coronavirus on Facebook Live

The video begins with a man wearing a surgical mask and a stocking cap staring directly into the camera. The footage is blurry and vertical, like it was filmed on a cellphone.

“Shit you know I don’t even know how to start this,” he says. “Shit was all good like a couple days ago, right? So all of a sudden, out of the blue, fucking everybody just fucking dying and getting sick and shit. Like, this shit serious as fuck. Like, they literally leaving us in here to die.”

VICE News has identified the man as 31-year-old Aaron DeShawn Campbell, an inmate at FCI Elkton, a federal prison in Ohio where three people have died from COVID-19 over the past week and at least 20 others are currently hospitalized.

The video, posted publicly on Facebook Live on Friday afternoon from an account with the name “Ace Sanchez,” was a desperate plea for help by Campbell, who was willing to risk showing his face and admit to possession of a smuggled cell phone in order to alert the public about the dire situation inside his prison, his brother and and mother told VICE News.

In the video, which runs for over 20 minutes, Campbell films the inside of his housing unit, showing men lying down on bunks who he says are sick with coronavirus symptoms. He says a prison nurse recently told him “half the unit is about to die.” He also records a courtyard in the prison and points out a tent on a basketball court that he claims was set up to store the bodies of men who died from COVID-19.

Bureau of Prisons spokesperson Sue Allison told VICE News the video “is currently under investigation,” and denied that Campbell or other men shown in the video are sick.

“We can confirm that after identifying the inmates in the video, none of them were symptomatic of COVID-19,” Allison said in a statement.

Joseph Mayle, a correctional counselor at Elkton and the president of the union for the prison’s staff and guards, would not “confirm or deny” that footage was shot inside the prison, but he rebutted specific claims made by Campbell.

"The tent on the basketball court at first was going to be a testing area to take inmate temperatures for isolation,” Mayle said. “However, they did not do anything with that tent, the inmates were just going straight to isolation so the tent is empty. There are no dead bodies. There never were any dead bodies. There have been inmates who have passed away, but they were in the hospital.”

A former Elkton inmate, who was released last year, confirmed the authenticity of the video to VICE News, saying the tent appeared to be on a basketball court inside the facility, next to the prison medical center and the “Special Housing Unit” where inmates are isolated. The source said it appeared Campell was housed inside F Unit at the low-security prison, which is an “open dorm with cubicles” instead of cells. Photos posted previously on the “Ace Sanchez” account showed a man closely resembling Campbell inside what appears to be a prison.

The BOP confirms seven cases of COVID-19 among inmates at FCI Elkton, a low-security prison with a minimum-security “camp” housing around 2,400 inmates total. Two staff at the prison are also confirmed to have the disease, according to BOP. But according to Mayle, three staff are positive, 15 inmates are in quarantine with symptoms, and 82 are in isolation.

In the video, Campbell — a Detroit native who is serving an eight-year prison sentence for selling crack cocaine in West Virginia — says the cramped quarters inside Elkton, where men sleep in dorm-style housing units, make it impossible to practice social distancing.

“This guy over here dying of corona,” Campbell says at one point, turning the camera to his cellmate, who is lying down and wearing a surgical mask. “They got this guy in my room. How the fuck am I supposed to live? They talk to us about staying six feet away, they give us these little masks, but they literally like leaving us in here to die.”

He adds later: “Everybody in the unit got this shit except three or four of us.” Campbell says in the video that he feels fine, but he also complains at one point of losing his sense of taste, which is a symptom of COVID-19.

Mayle, the union chief at Oakdale, disputed Campbell’s claims. "Pretty much everything he said is untrue,” Mayle said. “No health service professional is gonna tell an inmate he's going to die. The inmate he's housed with is fine."

Campbell’s younger brother Adrian, who works as the manager of a housing complex in Florida, told VICE News he spoke to his brother by phone on Friday afternoon just before the video went live on Facebook. Adrian said his brother was willing to go public even though he would likely be punished by prison authorities for having a “jack,” or contraband phone. Adrian said he received word from a friend on Sunday that his brother had been placed in “the hole” as punishment, but that information was not confirmed by prison officials

‘It was pretty much like, ‘Oh my god, shit is getting crazy in here,’” Adrian recalled his brother saying. “‘I’m about to try this, they might take the jack but fuck it.’ He said he needed to get some notoriety to the situation because they was ignoring everybody.”

Adrian said that in a conversation earlier in the week, Aaron said he had virtually no information about the coronavirus, including the symptoms and high risk for infection inside prisons and jails. In addition to the three men who have died from COVID-19 at Elkton, five inmates at FCI Oakdale, a low-security prison in Louisiana, have also died over the past week. The BOP now confirmed 120 cases among federal inmates nationwide, though the agency acknowledges that the actual infection count is likely far higher because only the sickest prisoners are getting tested.

“I had to clue him into pretty much like all the specifics about the corona situation,” Adrian said. “In a week's time after, he said that it got heavy and hectic in the jail, people started getting sick and dying. He sounded real nervous about the situation.”

Adrian said he hasn’t heard from Aaron since the video was posted, despite efforts to contact the prison and get an update.

“It’s like the whole system just shut down,” Adrian said. “You can’t even get through on a line. I didn't think [posting the video] would work but he said anything better than nothing. They just left him in the cell for days at this point with nothing but a little face mask.”

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z3b9qj/prisoner-uses-smuggled-cellphone-to-beg-for-help-with-coronavirus-on-facebook-live?fbclid=IwAR2q9UTfnRLiBjcnWEzJTvetkm7vhbADIIs393rPiLeJ0vY33lLJKqgpjew

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2782 on: April 06, 2020, 08:32:51 PM »
I have no great sympathy for any prisoners who have harmed others if they get sick and die. Good riddance in my view.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #2783 on: April 06, 2020, 09:03:33 PM »
The prison video is bullshit. All a lie.
a

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2784 on: April 06, 2020, 09:15:09 PM »
What do you all make of this?

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2785 on: April 06, 2020, 09:47:55 PM »
What do you all make of this?

Hmm have any getbiggers checked out local hospitals to see if they are "overwhelmed?"

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2786 on: April 06, 2020, 09:51:52 PM »
Hmm have any getbiggers checked out local hospitals to see if they are "overwhelmed?"

I just might do that tomorrow.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2787 on: April 06, 2020, 09:55:29 PM »
I just might do that tomorrow.

Great find MM.  Another

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2788 on: April 06, 2020, 10:59:09 PM »
Viva la France:

French doctors Jean-Paul Mira & Camille Locht , suggested to curry out experiments for a Covid-19 vaccine in Africa on live TV ................ :D

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #2789 on: April 06, 2020, 11:19:27 PM »

Yes, they are overwhelmed here in Southeast Michigan.  I have one uncle in the ICU for covid-19.  No underlying conditions.  He is 64 and in very good shape.  Still plays full court basketball on weekends.  He had to wait all day yesterday for a room to open up.  Same day, another of my uncles fell on his bycicle.  He broke his humerus (sp).  He was supposed to have surgery today but they cancelled on him and told him to come to the doctors office tomorrow to have it casted.  One of my cousins works the Covid unit at Beaumont Hospital and another cousin is a Physicians Assistant at Henry Ford.  Both are overwhelmed and overworked and tell horror stories of what they've seen.  This is very real. 

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2790 on: April 07, 2020, 12:13:03 AM »
Yes, they are overwhelmed here in Southeast Michigan.  I have one uncle in the ICU for covid-19.  No underlying conditions.  He is 64 and in very good shape.  Still plays full court basketball on weekends.  He had to wait all day yesterday for a room to open up.  Same day, another of my uncles fell on his bycicle.  He broke his humerus (sp).  He was supposed to have surgery today but they cancelled on him and told him to come to the doctors office tomorrow to have it casted.  One of my cousins works the Covid unit at Beaumont Hospital and another cousin is a Physicians Assistant at Henry Ford.  Both are overwhelmed and overworked and tell horror stories of what they've seen.  This is very real. 

Thanks for sharing it's tough to trust anything the media portrays these days and best to have first hand accounts.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #2791 on: April 07, 2020, 03:56:24 AM »
In South Africa, more than 2000 people have been arrested so far for breaking the lockdown rules.

No walking outside property, no jogging, no cycling, no dog walking, no buying or selling alcohol or cigarettes allowed.

May only spend 1 hour at shop and must keep any receipts. Should shop alone. May drive 30 minutes each way.

May carry one passenger in vehicle to take them shopping or to essential/medical services.

prowlermaniac

• Getbig II
« Reply #2792 on: April 07, 2020, 03:58:43 AM »
It’s all bullshit.  Hospitals here in RI are emptier than usual, testing centers set up at local colleges are fucking ghost towns. the world is shut down over a baby back bitch flu

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #2793 on: April 07, 2020, 04:10:59 AM »

So on the same day... One Uncle is in the IUC for Clovid19 and your other uncle, on the same day falls off his bicycle and breaks his arm? What the fuck are the odds of that? Tell the stupid uncle to stop falling off his bicycle like a fucking idiot.  I hope the other uncle recovers quickly.

Hospitals in Northern California are absolutely fine. No rush. No madhouse. No over crowding. Absolutely normal. If anything they are slow and quiet. Nobody wants to go there for fear of contracting Clovid19.
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2795 on: April 07, 2020, 05:48:21 AM »
It’s all bullshit.  Hospitals here in RI are emptier than usual, testing centers set up at local colleges are fucking ghost towns. the world is shut down over a baby back bitch flu

Every day, I see EMTs in the 7-Eleven near me not wearing masks or gloves, making self-service coffee, Bullshitting on their iPhones. They don’t look the slightest bit stressed. Meanwhile, I see nervous Nellie women who spend the whole day watching the news and they’re basket cases.

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2796 on: April 07, 2020, 05:57:09 AM »
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/06/u-s-coronavirus-hospitalizations-lower-than-predicted-ny-marks-75-drop

These "models" were all bunk from the get go. 

Shocking the models are wrong again!!  ::) ::)

has there ever been a model ( not only this virus but also climate change bullshit) that didn't massive overhype a situation, give me a fucking break.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2797 on: April 07, 2020, 06:24:33 AM »
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/06/u-s-coronavirus-hospitalizations-lower-than-predicted-ny-marks-75-drop

These "models" were all bunk from the get go.  

From that story:

“ On Monday, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo told reporters that in his state alone, the epicenter of the viral outbreak in the United States, new coronavirus hospitalizations dropped by about 75 percent, from 1,427 four days ago to 358 on Sunday.”

Jesse McKinley

@jessemckinley
 .@NYGovCuomo's aide Jim Malatras says the projections are now showing that the state unlikely to need 110,000 beds for #Coronavirus.

New projections show MUCH LOWER demand, near 20,000-30,000 range if the new chart is believed.

Now, how many of those prior hospitalizations occurred as a result of the month long nonstop hammering about Corona? Or did that have no effect?

Where are the fuck holes calling me a conspiracy theorist? Come out come out wherever you are.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #2798 on: April 07, 2020, 06:34:21 AM »
Detroit rep says hydroxychloroquine, Trump helped save her life amid COVID-19 fight.

Full story:
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2020/04/06/democrat-karen-whitsett-coronavirus-hydroxychloroquine-trump/2955430001/

LANSING – A Democratic state representative from Detroit is crediting hydroxychloroquine — and Republican President Donald Trump who touted the drug — for saving her in her battle with the coronavirus.

State Rep. Karen Whitsett, who learned Monday she has tested positive for COVID-19, said she started taking hydroxychloroquine on March 31, prescribed by her doctor, after both she and her husband sought treatment for a range of symptoms on March 18.

"It was less than two hours" before she started to feel relief, said Whitsett, who had experienced shortness of breath, swollen lymph nodes, and what felt like a sinus infection. She is still experiencing headaches, she said.

Whitsett said she was familiar with "the wonders" of hydroxychloroquine from an earlier bout with Lyme disease, but does not believe she would have thought to ask for it, or her doctor would have prescribed it, had Trump not been touting it as a possible treatment for COVID-19.

Trump, at his daily coronavirus briefings, has repeatedly touted the drug in combination with the antibiotic azithromycin, despite criticism from health professionals that it is unproven and potentially dangerous. There have also been complaints that Trump's remarks have resulted in a shortage of the drug for those people who normally use it for its recommended purposes.

But Whitsett said Trump's comments helped in her case.

"It has a lot to do with the president ... bringing it up," Whitsett said. "He is the only person who has the power to make it a priority."

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #2799 on: April 07, 2020, 06:35:38 AM »
And now Cuomo faces the reality that HCQ is working.

Cuomo: Use of antimalarial drug in New York hospitals 'anecdotally' positive.

Full story and video:
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/491358-cuomo-use-of-antimalarial-drug-in-new-york-hospitals-anecdotally?amp

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) said Monday that early responses to the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine "anecdotally" suggest its use in the coronavirus fight has been "effective," but that official data was still forthcoming.

Asked about the progress of the trials at his daily press briefing, Cuomo noted that state officials have allowed use of the drug in combination with the antibiotic Zithromax in hospitals "at their discretion." He said the federal government would increase supplies to New York pharmacies, but that New York has imposed a 14-day limit to protect the supplies for people who rely on it to treat other medical conditions.