Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 497933 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #3050 on: April 13, 2020, 09:13:55 AM »
It would affect the economy without a lock down too.

::)   Not even remotely close to the depression coming our way. 

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #3051 on: April 13, 2020, 09:15:40 AM »
Well your tune would change if you were laid off and fired like tens of millions. 
Yeah, no shit....but it hasn’t, and I’m enjoying it!

Bench

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3052 on: April 13, 2020, 09:46:55 AM »
I’m kinda liking this lockdown shit!

I’m essential personnel so I still go to work..but I get paid double while I’m there and I get paid regularly during my off hours(24 hours a day pay).

But, I don’t have to do any extra shit...I don’t have to teach classes, I don’t have to be in crowds...and I can cover my face and not have to shave!

It’s been good for me!

Bench

Good for you Bench!

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #3053 on: April 13, 2020, 09:48:39 AM »
I’m kinda liking this lockdown shit!

I’m essential personnel so I still go to work..but I get paid double while I’m there and I get paid regularly during my off hours(24 hours a day pay).

But, I don’t have to do any extra shit...I don’t have to teach classes, I don’t have to be in crowds...and I can cover my face and not have to shave!

It’s been good for me!

Bench

Need to be clean-shaven if you want the mask to work.

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #3054 on: April 13, 2020, 09:48:57 AM »
::)   Not even remotely close to the depression coming our way. 

It's a shame not a single government on planet earth is as smart as you are.

One would think at least one governement, just one, would think "you know what, let's do nothing, it will be better!"

But no.

Sissysquats

• Getbig III
« Reply #3055 on: April 13, 2020, 10:04:55 AM »
It's a shame not a single government on planet earth is as smart as you are.

One would think at least one governement, just one, would think "you know what, let's do nothing, it will be better!"

But no.

Intelligent people don’t work in government. Only the lowest common denominators are attracted to guv work

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #3056 on: April 13, 2020, 10:08:39 AM »
   Intelligent people don’t work in government. Only the lowest common denominators are attracted to guv work

Maybe they work FOR the government.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3057 on: April 13, 2020, 10:36:23 AM »
Out of 2,821,149 tested in the US, 560,891 tested positive.  80% of all tested in the US so far are Corona free.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #3058 on: April 13, 2020, 12:38:10 PM »
Keep dreaming tough guy.

Your gym won't be re-opening until 2021!

Get used to it.

:)  I have missed two workouts. Two.  When you're cool and when you're a legitimate competitive athlete, you have access to a real commercial quality gym. It's a club... sort of like being in a gang... But with better hygiene and less prison time.

Stay cool iron brother.
a

painfull86

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3059 on: April 13, 2020, 12:45:17 PM »

:)  I have missed two workouts. Two.  When you're cool and when you're a legitimate competitive athlete, you have access to a real commercial quality gym. It's a club... sort of like being in a gang... But with better hygiene and less prison time.

Stay cool iron brother.

Sounds hot

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #3060 on: April 13, 2020, 12:53:23 PM »

:)  I have missed two workouts. Two.  When you're cool and when you're a legitimate competitive athlete, you have access to a real commercial quality gym. It's a club... sort of like being in a gang... But with better hygiene and less prison time.

Stay cool iron brother.

Good for you 👍🏻  Lucky you got that option
I’d like to come train - only the 12,000 ml round trip may just be a slight problem.

😂🤣😂

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3061 on: April 13, 2020, 01:22:56 PM »

Stay cool iron brother.
I dunno, I've seen some shit in the gym that would make prisoners cringe.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #3062 on: April 13, 2020, 02:04:29 PM »
Need to be clean-shaven if you want the mask to work.
Nah, I’m wearing a full blown cartridge respirator...it seals tight and is beard approved.

Bench

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #3063 on: April 13, 2020, 02:05:14 PM »

Haha yet they are the only ones with an income right now...

Bench

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3064 on: April 13, 2020, 03:11:48 PM »
Haha yet they are the only ones with an income right now...

Bench

And many of them retire early with a pension and affordable health insurance until they are old enough for Medicare.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3065 on: April 13, 2020, 07:04:04 PM »
The anatomy of a sh*tshow

Trump’s propaganda-laden, off-the-rails coronavirus briefing

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trumps-propaganda-laden-off-the-rails-coronavirus-briefing/ar-BB12zZlm

Near the start of his daily coronavirus briefing on Monday, President Trump made a statement that betrayed, better than just about anything, how he views the purpose of such briefings.

Before playing a campaign-style video intended to show his decisive action on the virus and to accuse his critics of being the actual culprits on downplaying the threat, Trump cued it up by talking about what he wanted to do after the it played.

“Most importantly,” he said, “we’re going to get back on to the reason we’re here, which is the success we’re having.”

Trump’s self-promotion, falsehoods and use of dodgy medical advice in these coronavirus briefings have already led to a dialogue about whether networks should even carry them live. And on Monday, he seemed to be daring all of them to stop, turning the whole thing into a spectacle of government-produced propaganda and even more personal score-settling and grievances.

News to stay informed. Advice to stay safe.
Click here for complete coronavirus coverage from Microsoft News                 
Most notable was the video that was played. In it, media figures were shown early in the outbreak comparing the virus to the seasonal flu, as Trump has been criticized for doing much later on. Other clips played up the impact of his ban on travel from China, while yet more showed Trump personally making pronouncements about the steps he was taking — even at a time he was repeatedly and much more strongly downplaying the threat of the virus.

Trump was pressed on the production of the video, and he said it was made by White House officials.

Trump proceeded to downplay many complaints about the federal response, going so far as to say that there is no problem with the number of ventilators and other equipment available. The reality is significantly different, according to the states.

Trump also at one point maintained, “Everything we did was right.” When pressed on the claim, he declined to restate it but cast blame on governors for not stockpiling more ventilators.

Slide 1 of 50: A person wearing a protective face mask walks by the Robert Indiana sculpture "LOVE" at John F. Kennedy Plaza, commonly known as Love Park, in Philadelphia, Monday, April 13, 2020.
Next Slide
Full screen
1/50 SLIDES © Matt Rourke/AP Photo
The world is battling the COVID-19 pandemic.

(Pictured) A person wearing a protective face mask walks by the Robert Indiana sculpture "LOVE" at John F. Kennedy Plaza in Philadelphia on April 13.

Slideshow by photo services

It was soon noted that the video Trump had cued up left out a significant chunk of time in February — after the China travel ban and before Trump acknowledged the severity of the situation in mid-March — in which he didn’t take significant steps.

“What did you do in February?” CBS News’s Paula Reid asked.

Trump responded, “What do you do when you have no cases in the whole United States?” Reid rightly noted that there were actually cases in February, but Trump ignored it, refocusing on the lack of cases in mid-January. Pressed, he assured that the administration had in February done “a lot, and in fact we’ll give you a list."

Indeed, Trump repeatedly suggested a false choice between shutting down the economy in January and doing something lesser either then or in February, when health officials were reportedly asking for more significant warnings and social distancing. He suggested it would be foolish to shut down the economy when there were no or extremely few cases in January, while failing to enunciate any steps taken in February.

Trump also used the briefing to repeatedly suggest he had absolute power to deal with the situation, despite the Constitution and centuries of Supreme Court precedent. He said that he had “ultimate authority" and said, “The president of the United States has the authority to do what the president has the authority to do, which is very powerful. The president of the United States calls the shots.” He added later that “when somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is total, and that’s the way it’s gonna be.”

This is unquestionably false, but Vice President Pence backed him up later in the briefing.

“Make no mistake about it: In the long history of this country, the authority of the president of the United States during national emergencies is unquestionably plenary,” Pence said, using a synonym for “absolute.” “You can look back through times of war and other national emergencies. And as the president said, we’ll happily brief that.”

Another key moment in the briefing came at the outset, when Trump welcomed one of the lead doctors on the coronavirus task force, Anthony S. Fauci, to address an apparent rift between him and Trump. Trump had on Sunday night retweeted a tweet that included a call for Fauci to be fired, after Fauci said in an interview earlier in the day that certain recommendations made by health officials hadn’t been heeded.

Fauci dealt with the subject obliquely, saying that when the officials “formally” asked for something amounting to a shutdown of large portions of the economy, Trump listened. In fact, though, the New York Times report he was responding to Sunday was not that the officials had asked for a shutdown, but that they had recommended in February that people be warned about the dangers of the virus and to encourage social distancing. Such guidelines weren’t actually made by Trump until mid-March.

Fauci, as he has done before, downplayed the idea that he and Trump were at odds — even as he has repeatedly said things that suggested as much. He was pressed on whether he was making the statement voluntarily, and he bristled.

“Everything I do is voluntarily,” he said. “Please don’t even imply that.”

Given the spectacle that surrounded him, though, it was hardly ridiculous to ask whether he was being compelled to toe a line that Trump had set. Everything else in these briefings has suggested a president who insists upon it — including the marshaling of government resources to provide a misleading narrative and a president who demands constant credit while ignoring the facts on the ground.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3066 on: April 13, 2020, 07:23:54 PM »
 call 911, dearth need help .............. :-\

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #3067 on: April 14, 2020, 01:26:08 AM »
dearth seems to think that people actually read his 3-4 page posts.

The more text the less chance of somebody reading it.

There is a reason Twitter is a success.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #3068 on: April 14, 2020, 08:40:33 AM »
"If Trump had acted sooner the dinosaurs would still be alive."   -N. Pelosi.   
a

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #3069 on: April 14, 2020, 08:58:57 AM »
"If Trump had acted sooner the dinosaurs would still be alive."   -N. Pelosi.   

Lets stick to the facts.

CHINA

Coronavirus Cases:
view by country
Deaths:

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3070 on: April 14, 2020, 08:59:29 AM »
https://twitter.com/robbysoave/status/1249826956897591298?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1249826956897591298&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2Fnews%2Ftotal-authority-trumps-claim-presidential-024731814.html

Robby Soave
@robbysoave
·
17h
I am far from a knee-jerk critic of Trump, but this press briefing has to be one of the most embarrassing moments of his presidency. Just an utterly unhinged, childish temper tantrum.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #3071 on: April 14, 2020, 10:35:12 AM »
In for some drama?

STEP 1: Grab a cup of coffee.
STEP 2: Click the Instagram app.
STEP 3: Type “Bill Gates”.
STEP 4: Read the comments on his last Instagram post.

They keep deleting comments but people come back for more.

If he ever considered being president, I guess this is a little taste 😂

I could only imagine Trump thinking to himself: that’s nothing, Bill.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #3072 on: April 14, 2020, 10:51:28 AM »
https://twitter.com/robbysoave/status/1249826956897591298?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1249826956897591298&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2Fnews%2Ftotal-authority-trumps-claim-presidential-024731814.html

Robby Soave
@robbysoave
·
17h
I am far from a knee-jerk critic of Trump, but this press briefing has to be one of the most embarrassing moments of his presidency. Just an utterly unhinged, childish temper tantrum.

Dearth this is not a real photo. It has been shopped.

Mr. President Trump is a full grown MAN, not a baby with an adults head.

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #3073 on: April 14, 2020, 11:11:33 AM »
dearth seems to believe anything on the internet!!

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3074 on: April 14, 2020, 11:40:43 AM »
Dearth this is not a real photo. It has been shopped.

Mr. President Trump is a full grown MAN, not a baby with an adults head.

Those are his real hands tho  ;D