Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 500355 times)

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #3125 on: April 15, 2020, 11:34:05 AM »
I for one am shocked that the world doesnt do more in trying to get a vaccine for the MERS-CoV!

"It is still unclear how the virus is transmitted from camels to humans. The World Health Organization advises avoiding contact with camels and to eat only fully cooked camel meat, pasteurized camel milk, and to avoid drinking camel urine."

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3126 on: April 15, 2020, 11:39:36 AM »
Here in california our shelter in place BULLSHIT expires May1st.

If it gets extended...

India continues to be shut down, which means no pharmaceuticals (HGC and Arimidex) being shipped until the country reopens. Hope I don't run out. Noticed a lot more cars on the road yesterday. I think folks are getting fed up with being shut in. About half the folks at the grocery store are wearing masks. The other half walk around oblivious to social/personal distancing.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3127 on: April 15, 2020, 11:41:46 AM »
With time and as heard immunity builds Covid19 will end up becoming more and more milder. It will eventually sit between the common cold and flu in terms of severity of symptoms in the minority. The majority will just have the sniffles and/or upset tummy.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3128 on: April 15, 2020, 11:43:18 AM »
Racist Corona hitting blacks and Hispanics hard but sparing preggo white chicks:

NYC Hospital Finds High COVID-19 Infection Rate, but Few Symptoms, in Pregnant Women – NBC New York

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/nyc-hospital-finds-high-covid-19-infection-rate-but-few-symptoms-in-pregnant-women/2372863/

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #3129 on: April 15, 2020, 11:44:54 AM »
Preggo chicks probably stayed at home, hard to get infected then

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3130 on: April 15, 2020, 11:47:32 AM »

Read the article. They tested positive but displayed no symptoms.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3131 on: April 15, 2020, 11:48:13 AM »
With time and as heard immunity builds Covid19 will end up becoming more and more milder. It will eventually sit between the common cold and flu in terms of severity of symptoms in the minority. The majority will just have the sniffles and/or upset tummy.

How can it get milder than no symptoms?

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2020/03/28/coronavirus-florida-derby-will-run-gulfstream-park/
Veteran jockey Javier Castellano, who was scheduled to race Saturday, tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday although he did not exhibit any symptoms.

A statement released by Gulfstream Park said, “Our thoughts go out to Javier Castellano today and we are so glad to hear that he is asymptomatic

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3132 on: April 15, 2020, 12:03:53 PM »
FL governor has ruled WWE is essential business and live events can commence. 

Can't take my wrasslin away from me.

Not easy to say no to Vince McMahon, especially with his wife running a Trump super PAC.

In other news:

New York City hospitals cancel temporary workers as coronavirus cases stabilize | Article [AMP] | Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-newyork-staffing-idUSKCN21X00X

Demand for "travel nurses" jumped during March and early April in cities like New Orleans, and especially New York, which saw the nation's largest spike in cases of COVID-19, the deadly respiratory disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

But New York, which ramped up its hospital bed capacity to around 90,000, has had only about 18,000 patients hospitalized for the past several days.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3133 on: April 15, 2020, 12:06:42 PM »
How can it get milder than no symptoms?

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2020/03/28/coronavirus-florida-derby-will-run-gulfstream-park/
Veteran jockey Javier Castellano, who was scheduled to race Saturday, tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday although he did not exhibit any symptoms.

A statement released by Gulfstream Park said, “Our thoughts go out to Javier Castellano today and we are so glad to hear that he is asymptomatic

Just because there are no obvious physical symptoms doesn't mean it hasn't had an effect on the body. A lot of asymptomatic people lose lung power. You wouldn't really notice this unless you're an athlete performing close to their max or something like a trumpet player. I was asymptomatic, but when I looked back something did change. I started snoring (not breathing as well at night). I've never snored, not even I was 50lbs heavier. Took nearly 5 weeks for that to go away.

Also go tell the people who have had symptoms that there are no symptoms and then tell me how well that works out for you.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3134 on: April 15, 2020, 12:29:20 PM »

It's likely much more complicated than that, and we won't know the real reason for a while.  We do know it affects men more than women.

Somewhat unrelated.  A pregnant woman who got exposed to very high, lethal levels of radiation in the 80s at Chernobyl should have had a quick, agonizing death.  Instead, she survived and gave birth while experiencing little to no symptoms of radiation poisoning.

The baby died shortly after birth.  She was told that her unborn baby had absorbed most if not all of the radiation like a sponge, thus saving her life.  She was told too that she could never again have a baby, but she did get pregnant again and have a baby.  She and her grown kid are still alive today.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3135 on: April 15, 2020, 12:43:37 PM »
Just because there are no obvious physical symptoms doesn't mean it hasn't had an effect on the body. A lot of asymptomatic people lose lung power. You wouldn't really notice this unless you're an athlete performing close to their max or something like a trumpet player. I was asymptomatic, but when I looked back something did change. I started snoring (not breathing as well at night). I've never snored, not even I was 50lbs heavier. Took nearly 5 weeks for that to go away.

Also go tell the people who have had symptoms that there are no symptoms and then tell me how well that works out for you.

What are they going to do? Slap me around? They can’t get out bed, primarily because most are either 90 or morbidly obese.

You have no way of even proving that the symptoms they have are a result of Corona as it’s possible to have corona and no symptoms.

Where do you live? I live in New York City. This isn’t an abstract to me. I know what people look like in the so-called hotspots. Most take up two bus seats.

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #3136 on: April 15, 2020, 12:52:07 PM »
So how is life in new york city?

does everybody know its a scam etc or are you the only one knowing this

do you stand in a street corner like a sandwich man? CORONA HOAX

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3137 on: April 15, 2020, 12:58:49 PM »
So how is life in new york city?

does everybody know its a scam etc or are you the only one knowing this

do you stand in a street corner like a sandwich man? CORONA HOAX

No, most are jackasses like you who buy into every piece of bullshit the media peddles. The women are the worst. They don’t deserve to be smartened up via a sandwich board or anything else.

Other than decreased traffic, you wouldn’t know anything was different. The media has been painting this area like a war zone. It’s not. I have sympathy for the businesses who had to close their doors, but other than that, it’s been quite enjoyable.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3138 on: April 15, 2020, 01:15:44 PM »

What are they going to do? Slap me around? They can’t get out bed, primarily because most are either 90 or morbidly obese.

You have no way of even proving that the symptoms they have are a result of Corona as it’s possible to have corona and no symptoms.

Where do you live? I live in New York City. This isn’t an abstract to me. I know what people look like in the so-called hotspots. Most take up two bus seats.

I'm in London so I've seen it too. The exact spot I'm in is full of ultra orthodox Jews who don't do social distancing. At one point they were dropping at 8 times the rate of regular folk.

Aint debating that the majority only have themselves to blame for needing hospitalization, but fuck having every nurse and doctor having to deal with covid patients.  The majority of the population will end up getting the virus, just can't be all at the same time.

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #3139 on: April 15, 2020, 01:28:20 PM »
I thought those  ultra orthodox Jews was suppose to be smart

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3140 on: April 15, 2020, 01:30:21 PM »
I'm in London so I've seen it too. The exact spot I'm in is full of ultra orthodox Jews who don't do social distancing. At one point they were dropping at 8 times the rate of regular folk.

Aint debating that the majority only have themselves to blame for needing hospitalization, but fuck having every nurse and doctor having to deal with covid patients.  The majority of the population will end up getting the virus, just can't be all at the same time.

You set up a new straw man on a daily basis. In reality you just can’t admit that you’ve been scammed. You think because you got that big brain that nobody could put anything over on you. They can and they did.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3141 on: April 15, 2020, 02:01:24 PM »
You set up a new straw man on a daily basis. In reality you just can’t admit that you’ve been scammed. You think because you got that big brain that nobody could put anything over on you. They can and they did.

What exactly have I been scammed by? Nearly 2 months back before anything happened I said there would be an increase in deaths because of a faster rate of spread, but then it would fizzle out. That's exactly what's happening. Meanwhile you're reacting to the situation thinking you're all clued up, but really you're just late to the party and looking for people to blame. What were you doing 4 weeks ago other than thumbing your ass?

There are numerous posts of mine I could bring up.

Just want to quote this again as this is may be the sanest post in this thread.

The at risk groups appear to be the elderly, long term smokers, diabetics etc. Basically the same at risk groups as the flu.

It will likely cause more deaths than flu because it seems to show little to no symptoms in healthy individuals, so it has the potential to spread must faster.

As for the doom and gloom merchants. I feel for your mental health and chances are this will fizzle out in the next few months as the weather warms up. Stay safe and don't panic.

The Chinese type of quarantine will be impossible in most Western nations, even if they wanted to implement it. Most people just don't live in blocks of flats/apartments. I don't think it's needed either though, they just need to slow the spread and the warming weather will take care of the rest.

I think there is a chance the market will bear for a while after the quarantine. How many businesses can survive a month without customers, without sales, without production? How many will go bankrupt 3 months or even 6 months down the line.. If the recent market has all been a house of cards then it looks like it could be ready to collapse. It's definitely not looking good for a lot of people.

I'll be staying away from banking, but aero is of big interest.

You think too short term. Do you think the current systems in place were working? The things you mention infrastructure, supply chains, medical facilities, taxes had reached a tipping point or become unsustainable. Why don't you try look at the maths there.

If this isn't a man made virus then nature has done us  favour. If anything though the virus still isn't lethal enough and systems that need to change probably won't change enough.

You need to take a long term view and stop acting like it's the end of the world. The markets will be fine. It will take a beating, but this isn't a banking crisis where bailouts are needed. It will bounce back far quicker. The extra attention people will now pay to hygiene will mean cases of other bugs and virus will plummet. You would hope countries will learn lessons from this when it come to over reliance on things from China and India. Won't hold my breath on that one though.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3142 on: April 15, 2020, 02:19:34 PM »
What was Thinlizzy doing a month ago when I had basically called what needed to happen and has subsequently happened?

It's stupid, but necessary. If everyone just carried on as normal we'd be fine, but with people panicking we can't have that.

Covid-19 however is more serious than Swine flu by a factor of 10, so some extra precautionary measures are understandable.

Working from home, self isolating when needed, no crowds etc are all reasonable steps, but cancelling everything when it can be done behind closed doors is just an overreaction.

The warmer weather and extra sunlight is keeping Australia and the southern hemisphere relatively safe from the spread right now.

If remnants of the virus survive the Northern hemisphere summer then we could see the virus re-emerge in the southern hemisphere winter.

The good thing about the panic is that in general people are taking more care with their hygiene now, so we may end up seeing a drop off in the numbers suffering from the common cold and flu.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3143 on: April 15, 2020, 02:45:55 PM »
Trolling for cock, ya soggy old flamer.

;D  ;D  ;D

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3144 on: April 15, 2020, 02:48:28 PM »

India continues to be shut down, which means no pharmaceuticals (HGC and Arimidex) being shipped until the country reopens. Hope I don't run out.

I hope you'll run out of those pills  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....................... ........................ ..............

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #3145 on: April 15, 2020, 02:58:00 PM »
What was Thinlizzy doing a month ago when I had basically called what needed to happen and has subsequently happened?

Eating pizza? On a serious note though, you don’t need to prove anything to him. Your posts are highly intelligent and well thought out. I for one appreciate your posts.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3146 on: April 15, 2020, 02:58:03 PM »
India continues to be shut down, which means no pharmaceuticals (HGC and Arimidex) being shipped until the country reopens. Hope I don't run out. Noticed a lot more cars on the road yesterday. I think folks are getting fed up with being shut in. About half the folks at the grocery store are wearing masks. The other half walk around oblivious to social/personal distancing.

Soggy, you'd be better of just giving your immune system a boost and then focus on maintaining it. A functioning immune system is better than any pharma drugs right now.

Highish doses of
Vitamin d3
Iodine and potassium iodide
Vitamin C
Zinc
probiotic

Then just eat healthy, but if you struggle with that stick to lower doses of the above or a very good multi

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3147 on: April 15, 2020, 03:00:35 PM »
Eating pizza? On a serious note though, you don’t need to prove anything to him. Your posts are highly intelligent and well thought out. I for one appreciate your posts.

Thanks, but it would be no fun posting if we couldn't hand out an owning every now and then.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #3148 on: April 15, 2020, 03:23:13 PM »
Thanks, but it would be no fun posting if we couldn't hand out an owning every now and then.
Agreed.

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #3149 on: April 15, 2020, 03:55:05 PM »
I for one am taking my vitamin d and zinc and vitamin c!