Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 497950 times)

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #3700 on: May 14, 2020, 03:21:00 PM »
[urlhttps://www.newstatesman.com/2020/05/how-plagues-change-world][/url]
The global crisis unleashed by the coronavirus pandemic is starting to look like a historic inflection point. While we do not know how long the outbreak will last and how severe its fallout will be, it is difficult to shake the feeling that we are now at a threshold between two eras.

If anything, the inherent uncertainty of this moment recalls the original meaning of the ancient Greek word “crisis”. A key term in Hippocratic medicine, krisis referred to the turning point in a disease, indicating either the beginning of recovery or the onset of death. A true crisis, then, is by definition a vitally important moment at which change has to come – for better or for worse. ......
c

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3701 on: May 14, 2020, 05:43:09 PM »
WARNING: Prolonged use of facemask produces hypoxia

Breathing over and over exhaled air turns into carbon dioxide, which is why we feel dizzy.

This intoxicates the user and much more when he must move, carry out displacement actions. It causes discomfort, loss of reflexes and conscious thought. It generates great fatigue. In addition, oxygen deficiency causes glucose breakdown and endangered lactic acid rise.

Some people drive their car with the mask on, that is very dangerous, because, the stale air can make the driver lose consciousness. It is recommended to use it only if you have someone in front or very close, and it is important to remember to lift it every 10 minutes to continue feeling healthy. It is counterproductive for people who serve the public for 8 hours, as they are intoxicating themselves without knowing it. All lives are important.!” That prevention does not lead you to another problem … let’s use the mask knowingly.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/warning-prolonged-use-of-facemask-produces-hypoxia/?fbclid=IwAR3iQnD5jmraS9y5q4Qs_pQI5rD8xk6uxyTP0l82qsvqVGoOJaMY5gqat4o

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3702 on: May 14, 2020, 05:55:32 PM »
It's about time there was a new way to tax Americans!    ;)

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #3703 on: May 15, 2020, 02:53:02 AM »
It's about time there was a new way to tax Americans!    ;)

death duties X 86906 ?
c

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #3704 on: May 15, 2020, 03:23:28 AM »
She likely does not shave her legs either. Do you shave your armpits? Probably not. She's thinking she has the right to be natural too.
I do shave my armpits.

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3705 on: May 15, 2020, 05:20:04 AM »

Australian boozing & munching places reopening  8)

Australia vs China trade/diplomatic war is expanding  ;)

Fucking Chinese kunts.

Gov needs to get serious about moving away from Chinese filthy fucks interaction as much as possible.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3706 on: May 15, 2020, 05:52:08 AM »
Data: 70% of CT coronavirus-linked deaths have occurred in senior care facilities
CT Post ^ | 5/14/20 | Peter Yankowski and Tara O’Neill
Posted on 5/15/2020, 8:45:36 AM

As Connecticut leaders this week unveiled plans to ramp up testing among the most vulnerable communities hit by COVID-19, the number of infections and deaths at senior care facilities continued to rise, data released by the state Thursday shows.

The data showed that as of Wednesday, 1,927 Connecticut nursing home patients died with coronavirus or whose death is suspected to be associated with the illness. Another 276 residents of assisted living facilities have died after falling ill with COVID-19, the data shows.

The data released Thursday marked the first time the governor’s office released the number of deaths at assisted living facilities, which differ from nursing homes in the level of care they provide senior residents.

Together, the deaths represent roughly 70 percent of the 3,125 COVID-19-related fatalities reported statewide as of Wednesday.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3707 on: May 15, 2020, 07:35:11 AM »
Duke to suspend University-paid retirement fund contributions, cut salaries for highly compensated employees
The Chronicle (Duke University) ^ | May 13, 2020 | Carter Forinash
Posted on 5/15/2020, 10:33:06 AM by CheshireTheCat

Facing a possible decline in revenues of more than a quarter-billion dollars, Duke will suspend University-paid contributions to the Duke Faculty and Staff Retirement 403(b) plan and cut salaries for highly compensated employees for the next 12 months, with President Vincent Price and other top administrators voluntarily taking larger cuts.

In a Wednesday news release, Price described the changes as necessary to alleviate a loss of revenue due to the coronavirus pandemic, which could reach up to 15% of Duke’s annual operating budget—a total loss of between $250 million and $350 million. The University will implement all of the new spending cuts July 1, according to the release...

(Excerpt) Read more at dukechronicle.com ...

dexitrim

• Getbig II
  • Pacific Northwest till I rest--GO HAWKS!
« Reply #3708 on: May 15, 2020, 09:23:50 AM »
WARNING: Prolonged use of facemask produces hypoxia

Breathing over and over exhaled air turns into carbon dioxide, which is why we feel dizzy.

This intoxicates the user and much more when he must move, carry out displacement actions. It causes discomfort, loss of reflexes and conscious thought. It generates great fatigue. In addition, oxygen deficiency causes glucose breakdown and endangered lactic acid rise.

Some people drive their car with the mask on, that is very dangerous, because, the stale air can make the driver lose consciousness. It is recommended to use it only if you have someone in front or very close, and it is important to remember to lift it every 10 minutes to continue feeling healthy. It is counterproductive for people who serve the public for 8 hours, as they are intoxicating themselves without knowing it. All lives are important.!” That prevention does not lead you to another problem … let’s use the mask knowingly.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/warning-prolonged-use-of-facemask-produces-hypoxia/?fbclid=IwAR3iQnD5jmraS9y5q4Qs_pQI5rD8xk6uxyTP0l82qsvqVGoOJaMY5gqat4o

My sister, who is working in the ICU at NYU treating Covid patients texted me this morning, and told me she got Co2 poisoning yesterday from wearing her N95 all day.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #3709 on: May 15, 2020, 09:43:31 AM »
My sister, who is working in the ICU at NYU treating Covid patients texted me this morning, and told me she got Co2 poisoning yesterday from wearing her N95 all day.

And some places are going to expect people to train at the gym with a mask on.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3710 on: May 15, 2020, 12:09:40 PM »

NYPD to no longer enforce wearing masks absent 'serious danger,' mayor says

https://www.guy-enforce-wearing-masks-absent-serious-danger-mayor-n1207931

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3711 on: May 15, 2020, 04:57:47 PM »
Fucking Chinese kunts.

Gov needs to get serious about moving away from Chinese filthy fucks interaction as much as possible.

Only the yellow monkeys still with masks in Australia, obviously they follow Peking instruction !.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3712 on: May 15, 2020, 05:31:36 PM »
I do shave my armpits.

You must have trichophobia. Sorry about that.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3713 on: May 15, 2020, 07:13:22 PM »
Shaving your pits greatly reduces the surface area available to pit stink bacteria. I've done it. Makes a major difference in BO output.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3714 on: May 15, 2020, 07:54:22 PM »
Shaving your pits greatly reduces the surface area available to pit stink bacteria. I've done it. Makes a major difference in BO output.

Good to know. And here I thought my pits didn't stink because I am a lazy fuck who never works hard enough to build up a sweat, only to discover thanks to you, that it is because they aren't very hairy for some reason. Maybe because my back got all my hair follicles.  :)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #3715 on: May 15, 2020, 08:16:06 PM »
Well...no surprises here 2 weeks later after an early re-opening of beaches.  Georgia is up next.  From China with Love!

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/05/15/newly-reopened-fla-area-seen-as-an-emerging-virus-hotspot/24318276/

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3716 on: May 15, 2020, 08:49:15 PM »
Well...no surprises here 2 weeks later after an early re-opening of beaches.  Georgia is up next.  From China with Love!

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/05/15/newly-reopened-fla-area-seen-as-an-emerging-virus-hotspot/24318276/

This article states: “Palm Beach County, FL reported a 71% increase in new cases the last 7 days compared to the previous 7 days,” the document explains.

What the article doesn't state, is that Palm Beach County also increased their number of tests, by 66%.  So essentially, things are right on par with the previous week.  The rate of infection has not increased, nor decreased.

Palm Beach County, week of 05-02-20.  Tests performed = 6635

Palm Beach County, week of 05-09-20.  Tests performed = 11024 = 66% more tests.

Fake news, media hype.   ::)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3717 on: May 15, 2020, 08:55:23 PM »
This article states: “Palm Beach County, FL reported a 71% increase in new cases the last 7 days compared to the previous 7 days,” the document explains.

What the article doesn't state, is that Palm Beach County also increased their number of tests, by 66%.  So essentially, things are right on par with the previous week.  The rate of infection has not increased, nor decreased.

Not sure it's fair to say all this is fake news. The world is in a situation like no other. We expect the media to get everything right, but that's unrealistic. Your observation about increased tests is right on. Too bad the media didn't realize this first.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3718 on: May 15, 2020, 09:11:10 PM »
Not sure it's fair to say all this is fake news. The world is in a situation like no other. We expect the media to get everything right, but that's unrealistic. Your observation about increased tests is right on. Too bad the media didn't realize this first.

I'm confident the media is fully aware of the testing increase.  However, they will not mention it, because it doesn't fit the "doom and gloom" agenda. 

I watched NBC nightly news with Lester Holt, the other night.  It was literally 60 minutes of Covid-19, "doom and gloom".  The media needs to move on to something else.  Maybe they could get back to the 2020 election. 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3719 on: May 15, 2020, 09:16:16 PM »
I'm confident the media is fully aware of the testing increase.  However, they will not mention it, because it doesn't fit the "doom and gloom" agenda. 

I watched NBC nightly news with Lester Holt, the other night.  It was literally 60 minutes of Covid-19, "doom and gloom".  The media needs to move on to something else.  Maybe they could get back to the 2020 election.

I now refer to my default browser page as The Daily Lie.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #3720 on: May 15, 2020, 09:17:16 PM »

I'm glad u read it for me, just posted it b/c it looked like good content for this 150 page thread. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3721 on: May 15, 2020, 09:20:18 PM »

Here's a trick I learned recently; don't watch, read or listen to the news. Amazingly, you still find out what's going on in the world without being subjected to an overload of doom and gloom. The media gives us what we want. It is how they survive. Weird though it is, people love a train-wreak. Nobody seems that interested in good news.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3722 on: May 16, 2020, 12:47:07 AM »
Corona Isolation is terrible for our immune systems. Media all biased now so article is 2009. Yeah long who cares.

US NEWS AND WORLD REPORT HEALTH WATCH 2009
Could Being Exposed To Germs Boost Your Health?

“I’m a sound believer that we’re too clean of a society,” says Dr. Christopher Carpenter, section head of infectious diseases and international medicine at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan. “Our fear of germs has pushed us too far into trying to keep everything safe and sterile. That extreme is harming us more than it’s helping us.”

“We are getting far too sterile,” adds Kiran Krishnan, a microbiologist and chief scientific officer for Microbiome Labs, based in St. Augustine, Florida. “Exposure to microbes is an essential part of being human. Most of our immune system is comprised of tissue that requires activation by the microbes we’re exposed to. Think of the immune system as an army, with tanks and missiles but no general to lead them. That’s the role friendly microbes play in your body; they’re the general.” The vast majority of microbes, 97% to 99%, are benign or beneficial, and they are the best protection to fight pathogenic microorganisms, Krishnan says.

Carpenter and Krishnan say they aren’t against good hygiene. Instead, they say that modern society has one overboard with deploying sterile tactics as  to indiscriminately kill germs – including good bacteria that help maintain a strong and diverse microbiome. Everyone has a microbiome, a collection of more than 100 trillion microbes that live on and in our body, the majority in our large intestine. “The more diverse your microbiome is, the healthier you are,” Krishnan says.

There are simple ways to boost your microbe diversity, Krishnan says. "Almost everywhere we go in the environment, from parks to woods to rivers, we come into contact with microbes." They can enter our respiratory system, our digestive system or just hang on our skin.

You can also

Have closer interactions with people
“We don’t hug and kiss as much as we should,” Krishnan says. “We need closer interactions with other humans, because that exchange of microbes is important for your immune system."

Such interactions can expose you to a greater variety of microbes, boosting the diversity of your microbiome – and potentially keeping you healthier.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3723 on: May 16, 2020, 02:02:48 AM »

Correct. Shaving your pits is a must if you're someone that works 12 hour plus shifts and are in working in close proximity to others.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3724 on: May 16, 2020, 02:35:06 AM »

Scientists are finally coming clean, its a mild virus and most people will get it without even know ing it