Author Topic: Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Play by Play  (Read 7352 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Play by Play
« on: May 01, 2006, 05:10:45 PM »
Dan and Bob think Darrem Charles is the favorite for the Colorado Pro Show. I'm going to respectfully disagree boys - Phillip Heath has to be the favorite at this show.

Bob - you're a little off on King, he's been updating his website as I have been doing the updates. Low profile - yes, he has been keeping a low profile. You will be seeing a new KingKamali.com on May 20th.

Darrem and King for the top spot in New York? hahah Bob you are off your rocker tonight. I'll take Phil Heath and Dennis James for the top spots in the Big Apple.
Elevate Your Image.™

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Re: Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Play by Play
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 05:16:08 PM »
Dennis will win, Darrem second.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 05:16:19 PM »
any photos of Heath and Dennis?
Deep Tissue Massage

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 05:17:35 PM »

"Winston Roberts- He took a personal financial loss on this show.  

I don't know how the sanction fees work.  He's already down ten grand.

Promoters and fans lose out too, not just athletes."

Correct, Bob Chick.  BUT you are the athlete's rep.  Not the promoters rep. You should be using your platform to voice qualms about THEIR rights, not the woes of a struggling promoter.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 05:20:35 PM »
"Winston Roberts- He took a personal financial loss on this show.  

I don't know how the sanction fees work.  He's already down ten grand.

Promoters and fans lose out too, not just athletes."

Correct, Bob Chick.  BUT you are the athlete's rep.  Not the promoters rep. You should be using your platform to voice qualms about THEIR rights, not the woes of a struggling promoter.
brutal truth.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 05:22:27 PM »

Monster avoidance of the truth by the chickster.
are you saying that the athletes rep job is too big for Bob Chick, grundle?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 05:23:59 PM »
Hopefully Bob will spend a portion of this radio show discussing the importance of CONTRACTS in this sport- for both promoters and athletes.

I would think the lack of accountability on the parts of all individuals would be issue #1 in his mind, not "how great something in pittsburgh later this year will be".

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 05:25:02 PM »
Hopefully Bob will spend a portion of this radio show discussing the importance of CONTRACTS in this sport- for both promoters and athletes.

I would think the lack of accountability on the parts of all individuals would be issue #1 in his mind, not "how great something in pittsburgh later this year will be".

another issue might be the promoters putting prize money in escrow.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 05:25:15 PM »
On my way to Vegas last year, Darrem got on the same plane as us with his family. I didnt want to disturb him so I didnt bug him.

I recognised him though! I dont think anyone else did though ;) Unless everyone else on the plane was as thoughtfull as me!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 05:26:05 PM »
another issue might be the promoters putting prize money in escrow.

This has already been mentioned ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 05:32:34 PM »
Who gives a shit about contracts for promoters or athletes?

If contracts were used,

Athletes could count on Getting paid.
Promoters could count on Athletes showing up.
Fans could count on Athletes showing up.

Contracts are needed.  No one can present a logical reasoning proving otherwise.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 05:34:09 PM »
If contracts were used,

Athletes could count on Getting paid.
Promoters could count on Athletes showing up.
Fans could count on Athletes showing up.

Contracts are needed.  No one can present a logical reasoning proving otherwise.

Contracts could actually result in fewer contests. Promoters will take fewer risks when promoting shows and some potentially viable shows might not happen because of this. There is your logical reason. ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 05:34:54 PM »
It's kinda funny...
Bob Chick will spend 10 minutes talking with Lee haney about Lee's controversial wins.

But he wouldn't spend 30 seconds addressing his own shady win at the Masters O.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 05:36:25 PM »
It's kinda funny...
Bob Chick will spend 10 minutes talking with Lee haney about Lee's controversial wins.

But he wouldn't spend 30 seconds addressing his own shady win at the Masters O.

There was nothing shady about his win, although Rusty's placing was mysterious.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 05:37:20 PM »
Contracts could actually result in fewer contests. Promoters will take fewer risks when promoting shows and some potentially viable shows might not happen because of this. There is your logical reason. ::)

LOL... you're kidding, right?   Contracts are used in 99.9% of the financial and business world for a reason- they keep everyone accountable and responsible for keeping their word.

Promoters should NEVER be "taking risks" lol... they should be managing and promoting a professional event.  They cannot play with Fans' & Athletes money.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2006, 05:38:37 PM »
There was nothing shady about his win, although Rusty's placing was mysterious.

There was nothing shady about bob beating Rusty in the posing round?
There was nothing shady about bob beating Pavol in the muscularity round?

Look, Bob was the overall winner, and I agree with that.  But you can't say with a straight face that Bob was a better poser than Rusty or more muscular than Pavol.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 05:39:45 PM »
LOL... you're kidding, right?   Contracts are used in 99.9% of the financial and business world for a reason- they keep everyone accountable and responsible for keeping their word.

Promoters should NEVER be "taking risks" lol... they should be managing and promoting a professional event.  They cannot play with Fans' & Athletes money.

Most promoters don't let athletes sign contracts until the day before or of the contest, I'm not talking about major IFBB contests such as the Olympia or Arnold.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2006, 05:41:42 PM »
Contracts are not worth the paper their printed on. The fact remains the the legal system is congested with people challenging the validity of their contracts..

People challenge everything.  But if it will help 1% (and most will argue it helps upwards of 90%), then contracts should be used.  If ONE more athlete keeps his words or ONE more promoter doesn't screw over athletes/fan, it's worth it.

BTW, what happened to Lee Priest when he pulled out of the Olympia? Nothing...

Because if Lee had signed a contract with financial repercussions for pulling out, he would have either done the O, or lost some of his Ironman man win monies.  The fans who paid for a ticket to LV to see Lee onstage wouldn't have been cheated.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 05:43:22 PM »
lee haney has a ton of integrity and i've always enjoyed his commentary.  i like his plain spoken humble style.

ps.  hey lee speaking of dads   even pop singer michael jackson is a dad

thisiskeith12

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2006, 05:49:03 PM »
Why aren't there more Athlete Representatives? Why does the IFBB allow only one person? Certainly someone with a voice like Haney would resonate with people that run things, more so than Bob. Not any discredit to Bob, because I think he does an exceptional job. But it would definitely help.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2006, 05:51:28 PM »
LOL.. And now you give a shit? come on 240 why do you care about athletes or promotors getting screwed over? Its business, only in a fairytale it ends up win/win. When a contest or any other event is promoted there is an inherent risk involved. People dont buy tickets to see one BB at the O, I don't believe that Lee Priest was missed that much at the O..

Name five BBers more popular than Lee Priest who competed at the O.  

And of course there is going to be risk.  But there is also temptation for some people to be irresponsible with money or things of value when there are no restraints in place to keep everyone accountable.  

They don't put Tiger Woods on the US Open poster unless he's signed a contract to do it.  If he pulls out, he must pay them money.  Same with if the US Open cancels the show, and Tiger has a contract, he can sue them.  After all, he trains and preps for that show, and his time/energy is worth value.

Until BBing learns this, it will be mickey-mouse amateur hour and everyone will keep getting screwed.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2006, 05:51:56 PM »
LOL... you're kidding, right?   Contracts are used in 99.9% of the financial and business world for a reason- they keep everyone accountable and responsible for keeping their word.

Promoters should NEVER be "taking risks" lol... they should be managing and promoting a professional event.  They cannot play with Fans' & Athletes money.

I'm aware that people use contracts, but comparing bodybuilding to the financial and business worlds doesn't make sense in this case. This promoter and many others do what they do because they care about bodybuilding. Promoting a contest is obviously not a sound business decision. How many promoters would have contests if they knew they would have to follow through no matter what? And whether or not you like it, promoting contests is risky ::)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2006, 05:53:30 PM »
Name five BBers more popular than Lee Priest who competed at the O.  

And of course there is going to be risk.  But there is also temptation for some people to be irresponsible with money or things of value when there are no restraints in place to keep everyone accountable.  

They don't put Tiger Woods on the US Open poster unless he's signed a contract to do it.  If he pulls out, he must pay them money.  Same with if the US Open cancels the show, and Tiger has a contract, he can sue them.  After all, he trains and preps for that show, and his time/energy is worth value.

Until BBing learns this, it will be mickey-mouse amateur hour and everyone will keep getting screwed.

Why do you insist on making ridiculous comparisons? You should never expect bodybuilding to be run like a real and popular sporting event because it is neither.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 05:54:33 PM »
I'm aware that people use contracts, but comparing bodybuilding to the financial and business worlds doesn't make sense in this case. This promoter and many others do what they do because they care about bodybuilding. Promoting a contest is obviously not a sound business decision. How many promoters would have contests if they knew they would have to follow through no matter what? And whether or not you like it, promoting contests is risky ::)

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I stole your bag of these, no more sir! Bwuahahahaha

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2006, 05:57:59 PM »
I'm aware that people use contracts, but comparing bodybuilding to the financial and business worlds doesn't make sense in this case.

No disrespect dude, but that statement makes you sound really young and inexperienced.  There are a lot of dollars in play in the BBing industry.