Author Topic: Gary Strydom And His "Super Matebolism"  (Read 6958 times)

Moosejay

Gary Strydom And His "Super Matebolism"
« on: December 25, 2007, 04:54:23 PM »
This story takes place between 1990-1992, at Gold's Gym in New Haven, CT (Current home of Big Evan Centopani).

As many of you know, all of McMahon's WBF stars were training there for his short-lived (two events) organization. I believe Icopro was a big sponsor, along with none other than Donald Trump (at least for the second show).

Now, I was not these guys official chiropractor.

But I did adjust most of them and heard and experienced quite a few anecdotes.

One day, I espied Gary Strydom pumping away on the Lifecycle (or whatever the main cardio bike was back then), sweating up a veritable storm.

The curious thing was this:

as he was pumping, he was consuming one after the other of PR Bars (you may remember these protein bars...great tasting...but not too great for you).

Well,...I just hadda ask...

I approached (he was a nice guy and very approachable)him and asked, "Mr. Strydom, may I ask if there is any disagreement in your system, blood flow, or any other aspect of your training when you proceed to eat 10-12 protein bars while training?"

Mike, I must say, with my metabolism what it is (interpret that statement as you will :))...If I am not constantly eating, my body will pretty much eat itself down to no size at all."

And with that, I was on my way.

Mike

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: Gary Strydom And His "Super Matebolism"
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 05:04:04 PM »
i beleive it i eat junkfood all day,
A

Moosejay

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 05:07:04 PM »
i beleive it i eat junkfood all day,

Well Daddywaddy, you look shredded and blessed and you should be pleased with that ability to eat to your desire and stay lean. My hat off to you!

Mike

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 05:07:36 PM »
Gary Strydom And His "Super Matebolism"

Hi Gary.

If you watch the golden age of muscle videos on youtube, you will see that Gary claimed to be eating something like 7,000 calories a day.  Meanwhile, in Rich Gaspari's DVD, he claimed to only eat around 3,500 calories in the off-season and 2,500 calories in contest (!!).  Check out the link below for more info on Gaspari's diet and his alleged "slow metabolism":

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/richgaspariseminarandposingdvdreview.html
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Moosejay

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 05:26:44 PM »
Hi Gary.

If you watch the golden age of muscle videos on youtube, you will see that Gary claimed to be eating something like 7,000 calories a day.  Meanwhile, in Rich Gaspari's DVD, he claimed to only eat around 3,500 calories in the off-season and 2,500 calories in contest (!!).  Check out the link below for more info on Gaspari's diet and his alleged "slow metabolism":

My Name is Mike. Not Gary. Not Gary Strydom.

Apparaently, he was burning AND eating at least that when he was at golds, at 300 pounds, in the early 90's.

Mike

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/richgaspariseminarandposingdvdreview.html

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 05:44:23 PM »
My Name is Mike. Not Gary. Not Gary Strydom.

Mike

Hi Gary.  ;D  Congrats on your super metabolism.  8)
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Moosejay

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 05:49:27 PM »
Hi Gary.  ;D  Congrats on your super metabolism.  8)

Please PM me, young turk.

Mike

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 06:49:06 PM »
The Beef once had sex . . .

The Beef

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 06:53:21 PM »
The Beef once had sex . . .

The Beef

i'm calling bullshit.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 11:53:11 AM »
No one as old as Gary looks as good and as juiced as he does.  Literally no one on the earth.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 12:14:03 PM »

One day, I espied Gary Strydom pumping away on the Lifecycle (or whatever the main cardio bike was back then), sweating up a veritable storm.

as he was pumping, he was consuming one after the other of PR Bars...

He had just shot his insulin.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 12:17:15 PM »
Gary on insulin and growth:

Quote from: Strydom
I don't use insulin on a regular basis...If I do?...Iits because I feel my body needs it...Meaning, I check it when I use growth!! I have never used 12IU's...In one hit!? I would spread it over a whole day and night. Dr Who?...12IU's is nothing. Definitely not crazy in full scheme of things.
http://www.chadnicholls.net/forums/showthread.php?p=898499#post898499

To joeloco: Gary still has a great physique despite cycling insulin and growth for a long time  :D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 12:24:25 PM »
Maybe Gary Strydom is gh15-  he uses a lot of "..." between words too!  :D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 12:33:01 PM »
TEAM STRYDOM!!!
Z

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 12:46:27 PM »
This story takes place between 1990-1992, at Gold's Gym in New Haven, CT (Current home of Big Evan Centopani).

As many of you know, all of McMahon's WBF stars were training there for his short-lived (two events) organization. I believe Icopro was a big sponsor, along with none other than Donald Trump (at least for the second show).

Now, I was not these guys official chiropractor.

But I did adjust most of them and heard and experienced quite a few anecdotes.

as he was pumping, he was consuming one after the other of PR Bars (you may remember these protein bars...great tasting...but not too great for you).

Well,...I just hadda ask...

I approached (he was a nice guy and very approachable)him and asked, "Mr. Strydom, may I ask if there is any disagreement in your system, blood flow, or any other aspect of your training when you proceed to eat 10-12 protein bars while training?"

Mike, I must say, with my metabolism what it is (interpret that statement as you will :))...If I am not constantly eating, my body will pretty much eat itself down to no size at all."

And with that, I was on my way.

Mike

perhaps mr. strydom should have considered not riding the bike instead given his hyper-fast metabolism and ultra potent drug stack

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 12:53:07 PM »
Gary must do lots of poos.
P

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 08:25:28 PM »
the guy has absolutley lived the bbing lifestyle inside and out for over 25 yrs,deserves to still look good after following what 'it takes' to maintain his look.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 08:30:52 PM »

perhaps mr. strydom should have considered not riding the bike instead given his hyper-fast metabolism and ultra potent drug stack

very good point, but i think the theory was that they would be less catabolic while dieting if they did more cardio and ate more... :-\

i guess any theory's going to work when you take as many anabolic drugs as these guys. ;D

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 08:43:23 PM »
http://www.chadnicholls.net/forums/showthread.php?p=898499#post898499

I can honestly say it makes me angry even reading what Massive G says on that board - his obvious ass kissing and insistence that there is no disagreement at all on the board is extremely annoying to say the least.

Just look at this:

Quote from: Massive G
This is an example how thing get taken out of context on the boards.

Honestly I am not even sure how he said it EXACTLY or in what manner we were 20 year old kids who were just enthralled by the whole WBF thing hoping that we were witnessing change at the time part of history and thought maybe we could make a career out of it. We were in a crowded area shooting the shit with a ton of people and Gary was in a jovial mood I think ....long time ago.

Epic attempt at damage control because, GOD FORBID, Massive G inaccurately report on something that Gary had said SIXTEEN YEARS EARLIER and offends Gary's delicate sensitivities!!!

attombombis isn't a true fan as he would apologize for his comments that he made up degrading a top pro in this sport I would think.

LET GARY DEFEND HIMSELF.  Last I checked Gary was a fully grown man and not a child needing his father to protect and shelter him from the cruel, cruel world.

so Gary if you are still reading this I apologize for my comments that made this go astray on the HGH/Insulin as they aren't fact to what exactly happened just some older man (me) recalling the silly days of his youth and tarry eyed dreams of talking and meeting a top pro, I think you are one of the greatest BB'ers of the late 1980's and early 1990's and have brought a ton of inspiration to this sport!

Thanks for the motivation over the years as we continue to look at you in awe as you are still progressing in all aspects of life with bb'ing business and continued competitive success.

BTW Welcome to Mayhem too.

Yeah, this is what Gary wants to hear.  ::)  Not that bodybuilders are celebrities, but they do have some degree of celebrity status and like most who do, they are accustomed to people kissing their ass and it says nothing of their achievements and everything of the plasticity of the person providing those endless compliments.

Here on getbig, when we say you're good - you're good.  On mayhem, they say the pros are good because they would be banned or labeled a blithering idiot if they didn't, and the praise is meaningless as a result.  When pros want to know if they truly are good, they come on getbig.  Granted, we overdo the negativity on here sometimes too, but that's another story.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 09:01:17 PM »
MassiveG deserves to be found and stopped from ever being able to get near the internet again.

I usually don't get worked up over the internet but I truly detest that asslicking girl.
O

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 09:07:12 PM »

Epic attempt at damage control because,
Reminds me of when Tim Wescott said that Gerry Blaise dude was a retard and then found out he was a posting member on Mayhem. Thread erased! LOL

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 09:10:07 PM »
Reminds me of when Tim Wescott said that Gerry Blaise dude was a retard and then found out he was a posting member on Mayhem. Thread erased! LOL

LOL!!!!!!!  hahaha, I remember that thread.  I didn't know it got erased.   Tim is pretty bad for that too, but I find him to be an agreeable poster on here.  Massive G said he never reads this board.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2008, 09:12:42 PM »
Massive G said he never reads this board.
LOL we all know it's not true. He reads this board way more than Mayhem.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2008, 09:18:07 PM »
LOL we all know it's not true. He reads this board way more than Mayhem.

That is true of most people, but for some reason I believed it when Massive said it.  Personally I never read getbig other than when a thread from there gets posted on here.  The reason is because it just makes me angry to see how insecure the posters perceive pros to be and how the posts reflect that accordingly.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2008, 09:44:10 PM »
  The reason is because it just makes me angry to see how insecure the posters perceive pros to be and how the posts reflect that accordingly.

Well, to be fair many of them are.
Ron: "I am lazy."