Author Topic: The WICKED truth about my training  (Read 368405 times)

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: The WICKED truth about my training
« Reply #1400 on: October 06, 2008, 07:30:20 AM »
STRENGTH CHALLENGE/STRONGMAN EVENT OCTOBER 26TH!!!

my training will continue as planned and will just work this event into it.. there's alot of lower body stuff going down for the events that I tend to do on my lowerbody accessory day that is saturday anyway so no worries there. I will not do any serious bench work the week prior though due to a push pressing event that I would like to take first place in since I've been a bitch when it comes to push pressing. Tomorrow I'm going to shoot for 225 for 10 reps on the push press and try to continue with this trend. After demolitioning every set and rep scheme I've set forth with this weight, I want to push it hard and have a go at 10 reps. I know this isn't a big deal for some but, to me, it will be a big deal. Due to this, there will be no close grip heavy benching tomorrow for tricep accessory, just overhead barbell extensions and pressdowns. Looks like I'll be competing with the heavy weights so there will be no need to worry about cutting, etc.

So youre stillwell over 231 fat shit?

Jason

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1401 on: October 06, 2008, 08:49:05 AM »
225 pound push presses, what a monster. :o ::)

hey it could be worse..i could be a smith machine hero when it comes to my shoulder work!  ;D

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1402 on: October 06, 2008, 07:37:48 PM »
hey it could be worse..i could be a smith machine hero when it comes to my shoulder work!  ;D

You heartless bastard! Goddamn it, Im a disabled American Veteran and Ive got rights! ;D  Also, are you living in the DFW area?  Ive got a buddy that runs one of the premier clubs in the country there.  I can hook you up.

Jason

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1403 on: October 06, 2008, 09:05:35 PM »
You heartless bastard! Goddamn it, Im a disabled American Veteran and Ive got rights! ;D  Also, are you living in the DFW area?  Ive got a buddy that runs one of the premier clubs in the country there.  I can hook you up.

Jason

DUDE MAN TELL HIM TO GET AHOLD OF ME! AND you must know val price?  maybe?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1404 on: October 06, 2008, 09:16:12 PM »
DE upper

bench
barx20x1
135x10x1
added 120lbs of chain
135x3x1
155x3x9 juggling grips. All were SMOKED! Chains completely deloaded down to 20lbs off the floor.

tate presses super setted with pressdowns

40,60,80x20x1 right into 20 with the stack

bw chins

4 sets

reverse band pull downs

4 sets

dumbell rows

3 sets of 20

push presses

135x6x1
185x6x1
225x8x1 gas'd.. dammit.. The tricep work is what screwed me out of my goal. NEXT TIME!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #1405 on: October 06, 2008, 09:39:11 PM »
Good luck at the comp! What are the events?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1406 on: October 06, 2008, 09:42:12 PM »
some little stuff..

log press, sled drag, sand bag load, some easier things like medicine ball tosses for distance and bw pull ups..local gym is putting it on and i got more of a rundown on things today as to what is happening. I'm pretty excited. Should be fun to run myself up against other athletes and personal trainers.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1407 on: October 06, 2008, 09:54:39 PM »
some little stuff..

log press, sled drag, sand bag load, some easier things like medicine ball tosses for distance and bw pull ups..local gym is putting it on and i got more of a rundown on things today as to what is happening. I'm pretty excited. Should be fun to run myself up against other athletes and personal trainers.

I just saw your buddy josh Bryant is doing it. Youre fucked!

jason

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1408 on: October 06, 2008, 09:57:37 PM »
I just saw your buddy josh Bryant is doing it. Youre fucked!

jason

he aint' wasting his time with that shit HAHA but if he was..i'd run his ass over with a loomis armored car on his way into weigh ins.  ;D  because that's about what it would take to beat him.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1409 on: October 08, 2008, 11:56:35 AM »
LIGHT lower body accessory day

GHRs

4 sets with 60lbs of chain

reverse hypers

4 sets of 10

squats ss/w good mornings

135x10
225x10

took about 30 minutes...workout is a day late and didn't want to tax my posterior chain too much since I plan on pulling heavy saturday AND I'm doing HEAVY upper body manana. Should be good to go. Back is feeling awesome from all of the reverse hyper work.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1410 on: October 09, 2008, 08:34:51 PM »
ME upper body

ME double floor press

barx20x1
135x6x2
225x3x2
315x2x1
345x2x1
375x1x2
345x2x1
315x6x1
275x6x1

called it a day..i'm deloading for a week then doing another two week cycle and deloading again. Gonna run this for awhile and see how it goes. I didn't do any accessory work because I'm still a little sore from monday and I've got a big workout coming up on saturday. I'm going to work for 5-10lb pr's every cycle on each go around.  I'm going with the following exercises..

Max set of 5 and 2 with the following...

floor press
bench with chains
bench
bench with bands

start over! Simple as that! Strength is slowly coming back!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1411 on: October 12, 2008, 08:54:40 PM »
heavy lower body

4 sets of reverse hypers for warmup

reverse band deads with minis (40lbs off the bottom)

135x6x2
315x3x2
500x2x1
585x2x1
added minis
645x2x1
700xmissed both attemps at the hips. Came off the floor REALLY well but missed lockout. Next session after the set of 5 and week deload is going to be rack pulls from just below the knees.

reverse hypers.. again for some reason this machine makes me fart my ass off!

AND I GOT A TIRE! Granted I'm not sure how much it weighs and I can flip it fairly easily..but i'm going to start doing tire flips for time. 1 minute as many as I can for 3 sets with 30 seconds rest in between for GPP until I find a BIG bastard!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #1412 on: October 12, 2008, 08:58:20 PM »

AND I GOT A TIRE! Granted I'm not sure how much it weighs and I can flip it fairly easily..but i'm going to start doing tire flips for time. 1 minute as many as I can for 3 sets with 30 seconds rest in between for GPP until I find a BIG bastard!

Nice! I had two that were fairly light alone but I strapped them together with a chain or crank strap and made a monster tire. Get another of the same if you cant get a huge one.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1413 on: October 12, 2008, 09:05:10 PM »
I'm getting another one wednesday and i haven'tseen it yet but i hope it's huge.. .i noticed a HUGE one over in a drainage ditch by some construction area where they had earth movers. I started to try and drag it out but the entire tube had filled up and hardened with mud. It was easily 6' acorss and damn near 3' thick. I would've loved to have it but I've also got a family member that says theres another earth mover tire in perfect condition that's easily 600lbs that I'm going to get next friday after he drags it up where I can load it into my truck.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1414 on: October 13, 2008, 09:40:26 AM »
I'm getting another one wednesday and i haven'tseen it yet but i hope it's huge.. .i noticed a HUGE one over in a drainage ditch by some construction area where they had earth movers. I started to try and drag it out but the entire tube had filled up and hardened with mud. It was easily 6' acorss and damn near 3' thick. I would've loved to have it but I've also got a family member that says theres another earth mover tire in perfect condition that's easily 600lbs that I'm going to get next friday after he drags it up where I can load it into my truck.

Congrats! You just made the most homoerotic post on getbig! Queer!

Jason

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1415 on: October 13, 2008, 10:07:27 AM »

Jason

False.  See "jtsunami" or "NaturalWonder83" for lessons.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1416 on: October 13, 2008, 10:34:34 AM »

Jason

Dude I think the "vibes" are getting to ya brutha..i know getbig is steadily turning to getboofed but don't let it take you down with it man!  ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1417 on: October 13, 2008, 10:37:28 AM »
light upper body

speed bench with chains

barx20x1
135x10x1
175x3x1
added 120lbs of chain
175x3x9 juggling grips

overhead barbell extensions

95x4x2
135x4x2
185x4x2

pullups with 50lb vest

4 sets of 5.. FUCK!

low rows

3 sets of 12

h-roll ss/w side laterals

10 each with 20,30,and 40lbs

deloading this weak...strictly doing accessory stuff

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #1418 on: October 13, 2008, 04:10:00 PM »
are you liking those h-rolls WT? i've been doing after chest every workout and i swear my shoulders feel stronger since starting them, only using 30's but my shoulders feel much more stable and don't hurt as much.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1419 on: October 13, 2008, 08:16:24 PM »
are you liking those h-rolls WT? i've been doing after chest every workout and i swear my shoulders feel stronger since starting them, only using 30's but my shoulders feel much more stable and don't hurt as much.

yeah my shoulders have been talking lately so i'm doing more rehab than usual...alot of people including myself love them.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #1420 on: October 13, 2008, 08:20:32 PM »
what are H-rollers?

P.S.: whats up wicked?!!!  ;D
follow the arrows

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1421 on: October 13, 2008, 08:30:06 PM »
what are H-rollers?

P.S.: whats up wicked?!!!  ;D

dude where you been tool? LOL

h roll...

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #1422 on: October 14, 2008, 06:24:25 AM »
looks like a pretty sloppy form for a RC exercise  ??? I thought RC work was supposed to be slow and controlled, amking sure the deltoid doesn't take over. But what do i know..
follow the arrows

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1423 on: October 14, 2008, 06:49:52 AM »
Of course the man in the vid has been doing them for a long time, so he knows what works.

For the average lifter, it is best to start doing them very slow and controlled with a 5-10 pound DB and slowly work up from there, using sound judgement.

The problem i have with RC exercises, is when done incorrectly they can fuck up your RC worse than anything.

I quit doing RC exercises about 3 years ago, and my shoulders feel better than ever. as long as your shoulder girdle is strong from every direction, you shouldn't have any RC problems. if you have weak rear delts, do a lot of one arm DB rows with a hold at the top.

almost all RC issues are from over training. most physical therapists prefer to use bands for these movements.

The H-roll is a great addition to any program when done properly.

8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1424 on: October 14, 2008, 11:26:55 AM »
Of course the man in the vid has been doing them for a long time, so he knows what works.

For the average lifter, it is best to start doing them very slow and controlled with a 5-10 pound DB and slowly work up from there, using sound judgement.

The problem i have with RC exercises, is when done incorrectly they can fuck up your RC worse than anything.

I quit doing RC exercises about 3 years ago, and my shoulders feel better than ever. as long as your shoulder girdle is strong from every direction, you shouldn't have any RC problems. if you have weak rear delts, do a lot of one arm DB rows with a hold at the top.

almost all RC issues are from over training. most physical therapists prefer to use bands for these movements.

The H-roll is a great addition to any program when done properly.

8)

i second this! I do alot of band stuff too and prefer it as a warmup and doing them when my shoulders feel a little funky.. bands do much more than h-rolls when it comes to being therapeutic.  If your shoulders are all the way around strong and you make sure you stretch them, etc. properly RC problems become a thing of the past if ever.