Author Topic: The WICKED truth about my training  (Read 368407 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: The WICKED truth about my training
« Reply #1425 on: October 15, 2008, 11:00:14 AM »
i still can't get over how i feel when i take results before my workouts.. i LOVE this stuff!

accessory lower body

4 sets of reverse hypers for warmup

sled drag and tire medley

4 plates for 200' and 400lb tire flip 100'
5 plates for 200' and 400lb tire fliip 100'
6 plates for 200' and 400lb tire flip 100'
7 plates for 200' and 400lb tire flip 100'

reverse hypers again

hammer curls
40x6x2
60x6x2
70x6x2

i got to 6 straight through and hit the tire and on the last flip of the trip i about turned inside out..  puked.. and went back at it and finished! Good workout today! Reverse hypers keep getting heavier and heavier and the dragging gets easier. I need to get a bigger tire. I can flip this one so fast and easy that it flips twice but then bounces everywhere so i have to tone it down. I'm supposed to be able to pick up a 600lb tire this weekend. Here's hoping! Today was pretty much a fuck around with GPP stuff to be ready to pull again saturday before another week's deload. I'm going to have to pick up more results and maximus before long... as far as preworkouts go, these two combined have made me feel damn good before each day in the shit!  ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1426 on: October 16, 2008, 08:06:34 PM »
bench deload

barbell overhead extensions
tate presses
back work
delt work HAHA

didn't feel like typing it all tonight since i'm sore of pressed for time but here's the video I took of 185lb barbell overhead extensions....looking at them now they look more like overhead jm presses but either way.. still kill my triceps.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #1427 on: October 16, 2008, 09:35:49 PM »
bench deload

barbell overhead extensions
tate presses
back work
delt work HAHA

didn't feel like typing it all tonight since i'm sore of pressed for time but here's the video I took of 185lb barbell overhead extensions....looking at them now they look more like overhead jm presses but either way.. still kill my triceps.

They kill my tris too and my "form" is the same. I cant get my elbows any closer together though.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1428 on: October 18, 2008, 03:34:08 PM »
no shit me either.. don't know why b ut they want to fly out there all the time!

HEAVY lower body

reverse band deads for a max set of 4

135x6x2
315x4x1
500x4x1
added minis (40 off the bottom)
585x4x1
635x2x1 fail...

reverse hypers

4 sets

medley

200lb sled drag 200' then 400lb tire flip 200' then 100' with 150lb farmers
200lb sled drag 200' then 400lb tire flip 200' then 100' with 250lb farmers
200lb sled drag 200' then 400lb tire flip 200' then 100' with 300LB FARMERS!!! ALL THE WAY PR AND FELT EASY!!! Grip was WAY strong today and felt solid the whole way down and it was up a slight incline! Extremely happy since I pulled today as well!

had to split out after and not do reverse hypers for cool downs but I learned alot today..

1) NO WAY IN HELL CAN MY ASS HANDLE MAXING SOME FORM OF PULLING TWO WEEKS IN A ROW! Now granted I felt good but I can see where I could be better. SO I'm not going to pull one week.. deload the next, and pull the same movement again for a DIFFERENTLy rep scheme and then rotate out. I also realized that I can't do GPP and events twice a week either and expect to fair well with them SO I'm not going to have one GPP day and one just accessory day. 200lb sled felt heavy where tuesday the heavier sled drags were cake. Body can't take this kinda beating and i'm learning to listen to it and make smarter workout decisions. Still learning..obviously. HOWEVER.. I did not puke today and did the medley events straight through from drag to farmers without stopping each go-round. VERY please!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1429 on: October 18, 2008, 03:38:33 PM »
100' with 300LB FARMERS!!! ALL THE WAY PR AND FELT EASY!!!

Hell yeah! Thats insane weight! Most I did was like 315lbs/hand for 30'. ;D

AWESOME WORK!!!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1430 on: October 18, 2008, 03:41:12 PM »
Hell yeah! Thats insane weight! Most I did was like 315lbs/hand for 30'. ;D

AWESOME WORK!!!

i couldn't open my damn hands afterwards for a few minutes but the way it makes me feel picking up heavy shit like that is addicting! the handles unloaded were 65 each so I made them a 300 even at the end adn just started trucking! Once I start passing cones I just think "hold on to it til the next one" then I get to the end!

btw... picking up my REAL tire tomorrow morning!  ;D

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1431 on: October 18, 2008, 03:55:24 PM »
i couldn't open my damn hands afterwards for a few minutes but the way it makes me feel picking up heavy shit like that is addicting! the handles unloaded were 65 each so I made them a 300 even at the end adn just started trucking! Once I start passing cones I just think "hold on to it til the next one" then I get to the end!

btw... picking up my REAL tire tomorrow morning!  ;D

I know what you mean. My hands just lock up after static strength shit. Try throwing in some turns, throws your whole momentum off. :D

Whats the tire gonna weigh?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1432 on: October 18, 2008, 06:27:36 PM »

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1433 on: October 20, 2008, 11:42:17 AM »
tire happened to be abit bigger than 7...from the numbers pulled from it and the phone calls I made, it's half a fucking ton. NO WAY! I couldn't even get it moving let alone consider using it. The hunt is still on!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1434 on: October 20, 2008, 11:49:31 AM »
upper body work

de bench

barx20x1
135x10x1
205x10x1
added 120lbs of chain
205x3x6 juggling grips! The first 5 sets were fast as hell but the last one just peter'd out OF NOWHERE! So I dropped all but 60lbs of chain and finished it out smooth as butter.
dropped chains
135x30x1 in 30 seconds

cross fiber tricep work

20 rep pressdowns ss/w 20 rep tate presses for 2 sets

3 sets of 10 with reverse band pulldowns ss/w 3 sets of super slow dumbbell rows

seated dumbbell presses

3 sets of 12

lighter higher rep accesssory work along with some heavier DE benching made for a good workout. I've moved my grip out ALOT today and the pressing felt SO much more stable and my shoulder didn't notice it as much. I also hit on my chest higher than I do with a narrow grip which is to be expected and that seemed to help too! Wider grip is a little weaker but I suspect it will come up in no time. I wonder too if I should rotate my max effort days to every other week since my cns gets taxed so much from pulling.  Example would be to do my heavy max doubles or sets of five on my deadlift deload weeks. Also, even though there's a strength challenge strongman meet this saturday I'm still going to work my upper body but bench press only with 1 set of accessory work per muscle group.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1435 on: October 20, 2008, 06:22:30 PM »
tire happened to be abit bigger than 7...from the numbers pulled from it and the phone calls I made, it's half a fucking ton. NO WAY! I couldn't even get it moving let alone consider using it. The hunt is still on!

Nice! I want a half ton tire! :D Biggest one I have done is 900 and its a bitch.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #1436 on: October 21, 2008, 05:10:51 PM »
Nice! I want a half ton tire!

i'd suggest a way to get one but i don't think QO would appreciate his girl spending time with other dudes.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #1437 on: October 21, 2008, 05:11:51 PM »
i'd suggest a way to get one but i don't think QO would appreciate his girl spending time with other dudes.
hahahaa, what?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1438 on: October 21, 2008, 06:03:03 PM »
hahahaa, what?

hahaha, i was calling your girl fat but it didn't work like it did in my head. i need to work on my "your girlfriend" jokes, shit's harder than it looks.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #1439 on: October 22, 2008, 07:10:28 AM »
hahaha, i was calling your girl fat but it didn't work like it did in my head. i need to work on my "your girlfriend" jokes, shit's harder than it looks.
hahahaha, you're not exactly ripped yourself my loose skinned friend. :D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1440 on: October 22, 2008, 10:41:08 AM »
hahahaha, you're not exactly ripped yourself my loose skinned friend. :D

i may not be ripped, but i AM small.  >:(

...wait, shit.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1441 on: October 22, 2008, 12:10:49 PM »
lol you just owned yourself? wtf man you're slipping!

NO LOWER BODY THIS WEEK UNTIL SATURDAY'S SHENDIG! I will however be doing some benching and light accessory tomorrow but that's really all.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1442 on: October 23, 2008, 11:24:25 AM »
SHENDIG!

You are definitely a Texan! ;D

Good luck bro!

8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1443 on: October 24, 2008, 10:42:00 AM »
haha i don't expect it to be very hard after knowing the events....it's not a traditional strongman..more of a strength challenge. I feel primed and ready!

yesterday's ME bench day

bench with chains

barx20x1
135x10x1
225x3x1
added 60lbs of chains
225x3x1
275x3x1
305x3x1
315x1x3 (335 at the bottom and 375 at the top)
225x20x1  PR! just because I've never done it lol 
135x20x1

Using my new grip which is about 3 fingers wider. I've noticed that the bar hits RIGHT where its' supposed to on my chest CONSISTANTLY and the press is much  more smooth and even. It's taking some getting used to though. The last set I singled them out making sure I did everything right. New grips can be kind of tricky!  I'm going to be maxing this exercise in two weeks time after next weeks deload. I hope to hit 335 or 345 for a single with 60lbs of chain. The one other thing I've noticed too is that my stroke has been shortened ALOT doing this. 3" infact.

I'm also starting to do higher reps with lighter stuff at the end of my benching workouts to build up some stamina. Good idea or bad?  ???

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1444 on: October 25, 2008, 10:34:24 PM »
strongman strength challenge went very well! Ended up dusting every event but one and devoured the medley event which is the one I wanted the most. I do now know that I want another new toy.. a big ass implement to carry around for distance. I'm thinking a big 250-300lb bag of sand to work with! Running with a heavy ass bad was EASY on the shoulders so I want something bigger to have to fight against on my chest.  Maybe it'll help with stones too.

fun day for sure!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1445 on: October 26, 2008, 12:06:38 PM »
Get a tough duffle bag and put in tube sand bags. Those 50lb bags that are made for weighing down temporary fences or even your car in the snow. Not that you would know shit about snow! >:( Just get like 6 bags of sand so you can adjust the weight. The other option is just to duct tape bags of cement together and then wet down the inside so it rocks up. Add duct tape as needed. ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1446 on: October 29, 2008, 08:24:43 AM »
yep that's the plan!

monday's bench session

barx20x1
135x20x1
205x3x9 juggling grips

straight weight!

pin presses

225x3x1
275x3x1
315x3x1
365x3x1 getting easy again
405 bombed.. misgrooved it and didn't feel like going at it again just to leave abit in the tank. This is kinda sorta a deload week so no reason to work TOO heavy!

reverse band pulldowns

4 sets of 12

tricep pressdowns

whole stack x 6 x 4

front raises

40x6
50x6
60x6
70x6

done....short and sweet. Thursday i'm going to try and work the same platform only doing floor presses for reps up to 315 and only hitting the accessory work one exercise each.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1447 on: October 29, 2008, 01:38:01 PM »
lower body accessory day

reverse hyper

1 set of 20 with 50 and 75
2 sets of 6 with 90
2 sets of 6 with 135

zercher squats

135x6x1
225x6x1
315x2x1
365x2x5

dimmel deads

135x20x1
225x20x2

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1448 on: October 30, 2008, 11:34:18 AM »
TODAYS bench accessory work

floor press

barx20x1
135x10x1
225x10x1
315x5x4 

jm press supersetted with crossfiber pressdowns

135x10x2 with 120x12x2  KILLER work! Triceps were screaming!

Really humped the floor press today! The new wider grip is really feeling comfortable and getting up to par with my usual grip. I think I'm going to work with this grip for awhile and see where it goes. The grip is much more stable and consistant when it comes to grooving it and consistent placement on the chest. My strenght is steadily coming back too. I rep'd 315 so fast the plates were slamming together during each set. I can't actually remember when I've ever done that before. I would come down, pause and stay tight, and explode off the floor effortlessly. I wanted to do another set but I'm trying hard to always leave some in the tank. I do need to do makeup back and shoulder work today later this evening. I've just got one more accessory day then it's time to test my "bench with chains" max for 1 rep! Hoping to hammer 335 with 60lbs of chains!

I  still can't rave enough about Atlarge Nutrition's Results supplment. This stuff is amazing. I refuse to take it any other time on my training days EXCEPT an hour or so before my workouts. I just don't fatigue! I feel I can work and work and work and the only signs that I'm tiring out are when I start to struggle with the weight. The point is I don't FEEL tired or gas as fast as I normally would! Of all the supplments they make, I'd damn near recommend this one above all else including protien! SICK SHIT!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1449 on: October 31, 2008, 03:50:28 PM »
my fatass running in the medley at the strength challenge...

;D