Author Topic: The WICKED truth about my training  (Read 368423 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: The WICKED truth about my training
« Reply #1525 on: December 20, 2008, 03:54:48 PM »
GPP

power cleans

barx20
135x3x1
225x3x1
275x1x1 20lb PR!
225x3x5

farmer's

naked handles for 200'
180lb handles for 200'
250lb handles for 400'

sled drag

6 plates for 800 total feet.. this shit is getting easier than taking the damn dog for a walk. They just got a harness in. Screw the plates.. where's my truck.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #1526 on: December 20, 2008, 03:58:50 PM »
lower quads used to burn like there was battery acid in them when i did sled pulls.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1527 on: December 20, 2008, 04:16:09 PM »
lower quads used to burn like there was battery acid in them when i did sled pulls.

taken a few months.. they don't talk to me anymore save 8 plates now and I needed to deload this workout and tuesday.. saturday i'm going to try for a max single trap bar pull. The plan is to to jump straight to 805 instead of 765 from 715.  I think I can do it.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1528 on: December 23, 2008, 09:20:32 PM »
past two workouts.. monday's DE bench work

bench

barx20x1
135x20x1
205x3x1
added 60lbs of chain
205x3x9 with comp grip only...

1 brd presses

315x3x3
365x3x3 all with comp grip

dumbbell rows

3 sets of 30 with 125's

4 sets of lat pulldowns

4 sets of reverse pec dec

--------------------------------------------------------------

today's lowerbody accessory

3 sets of reverse hyper
3 sets of glute hams
3 sets of barbell lunges

tonight's grip work

random pieces of paul's yard art for a few reps both hands
2 6 plate pinches with my right and almost full lockout with my left
50lb blob a few times with my right nad missed with my left
funky 50lb hex weight a few times with both hands

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #1529 on: December 24, 2008, 01:10:25 PM »
3 sets of 30 reps with a 125lb DB? Ouch dude! That IS 30 reps per hand right?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #1530 on: December 24, 2008, 01:29:32 PM »
3 sets of 30 reps with a 125lb DB? Ouch dude! That IS 30 reps per hand right?

not impossible for him. i've done sets of 20 with a 120 per side and i know wicked's back is a HELL of a lot stronger than mine.  :P

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1531 on: December 24, 2008, 02:20:10 PM »
yeah..i'm in need of 200's...they're a waste of my damn time at this point.  :-\

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1532 on: December 24, 2008, 02:30:10 PM »
RE bench day.. yes it does work. 

bench

barx20x1
135x20x1
225x5x1
315x5x1
335x5x4 PR... and felt easier than last time. The plan is to get where I can do 6 sets of 5 with 335 before moving up. As of right now I'm adding in one extra set of 5 per RE day which is every other week on the bench instead of an ME day to help with endurance and groove work. Right now i'm exceptionally happy with the progress i'm making and think i've found a good program to run on at them moment that allows me to progress at a decent rate and still recover as a natty.  I still need to work on my bench setup and execution. As i fatigue, I start to follow the bar down and in instead of staying arched and tight. Not good. I'm also not bringing in my right scapula in as far as my left and it's noticable in my shoulder.

giant accessory set

10 neutral grip fat bar chins
100' of sled front raises
100' of sled face pulls

all done 3 sets total.... and I LOVE this rotation. i'm going to do this exacty workout more often than not. tHe shoulders LOVE the sled work and the fat bar chins are definately comfy.  I'm going to lay off the front raises again for awhile with the dumbbells. My attempt to build up larger front delts i think was in vane. I've noticed my right shoulder (the bad one) is talking to me more. Not hurting but stressing and tight. It has become more prominent since Iv'e added in the front raises. I think the amount of benching i'm doing coupled with them is just too much work. This is why I have a log. I can address problems and issues as they arise and make logical choices about training immediately and efficiently instead of just guessing. Next week I'll be doing a max triple on the floor press and then retesting my max in three total weeks. If I hit 405 for a triple on floor press, that'll be a new all time PR and I'll know I'm right back in the low 400's again. This week has blown diet wise as well from my 10-13 hr days at work training new trainers and getting my clients in for the holidays. My eating and training havne't suffered too much but my recovery is noticable and so is my mood and the way i feel from teh lack of food. I've relyed heavily on my atlarge maximus shakes this week and thank god too...seems to have atleast kept me from dropping out this week.

Meet has been picked out for the spring.. counting down to the NASA texas feb 28

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1533 on: December 24, 2008, 04:35:48 PM »
not impossible for him. i've done sets of 20 with a 120 per side and i know wicked's back is a HELL of a lot stronger than mine.  :P

Did I say it was impossible? Just impressed. I have done 20 a side (once ;D ) as well but 30 would be an endurance event from hell! Why bother with such high reps on such a specific exercise?

I use a 120lb DB and then band another DB to it. First, take a band (red or purple) and fold it in half around the 120 handle. Set another DB next to it (say 50lbs) and wrap all four ends under the 50lb handle (under to over). Now you should be able to put your hand through the loops and grab the 120. Pull the 120 until the 50 rolls under it and now you have a 170lb dumbbell!

Wish I still had the picture of how I do it but Im sure you can figure it out too.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1534 on: December 26, 2008, 10:33:14 AM »
i would like to say i'm now a proud owner of a 20lb solid forged hammer...the hammer and handle are all one solid piece..

best christmas present ever!  ;D

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1535 on: December 26, 2008, 06:39:01 PM »
i would like to say i'm now a proud owner of a 20lb solid forged hammer...the hammer and handle are all one solid piece..

best christmas present ever!  ;D

Does it hurt when you put it in, pussy?

jason

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1536 on: December 28, 2008, 08:12:06 PM »
ME deadlift day

trap bar max single

barx10x1
175x6x1
355x6x1
535x3x1
625x1x1
715x1x1
805x2x1  best double and lift of my career at this time. Never once, other than a shrugs, have i ever touched anything this heavy and it felt in-fucking-credible. I got a vidoe of it and will have it delivered to me monday in the evening. By a friend of mine this time that i know will hook me up with it. I didn't use my phone because I wanted the video to be crisp and clear. I don't think it has set in yet.. like the last time I did it.. but the ensuing insanity after the lift on the rush of adrenaline was something out of revelations HAHA! I can't wait to show you guys this shit! I figured it's closest to a strongman car deadlift.. and curious to see how this reads to my olympic barbell lift and if my numbers are so far apart, why would they be so?

GPP work

3 sled trips
3 1 minute sets of 25lb hammer and tire work.. fucker weighed 25.6 total pounds!

and ALOT of PNF stretching during it all. Back and hams tightened up alot. it was nice to have someone on hand to help me with the stretching.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #1537 on: December 28, 2008, 08:15:49 PM »
ME deadlift day

trap bar max single

barx10x1
175x6x1
355x6x1
535x3x1
625x1x1
715x1x1
805x2x1  best double and lift of my career at this time. Never once, other than a shrugs, have i ever touched anything this heavy and it felt in-fucking-credible. I got a vidoe of it and will have it delivered to me monday in the evening. By a friend of mine this time that i know will hook me up with it. I didn't use my phone because I wanted the video to be crisp and clear. I don't think it has set in yet.. like the last time I did it.. but the ensuing insanity after the lift on the rush of adrenaline was something out of revelations HAHA! I can't wait to show you guys this shit! I figured it's closest to a strongman car deadlift.. and curious to see how this reads to my olympic barbell lift and if my numbers are so far apart, why would they be so?

GPP work

3 sled trips
3 1 minute sets of 25lb hammer and tire work.. fucker weighed 25.6 total pounds!

and ALOT of PNF stretching during it all. Back and hams tightened up alot. it was nice to have someone on hand to help me with the stretching.
how high is this trap bar? can you explain it like the bar was in the power rack? where are you starting the pull from, below the knees?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1538 on: December 28, 2008, 08:24:24 PM »
how high is this trap bar? can you explain it like the bar was in the power rack? where are you starting the pull from, below the knees?

the trap bar high handles were about a #4 pin setting or 4" above what the height would be from teh lower handles or a barbell off the floor. Does that make sense?  These pulls were well below the knees.. I can't wait to see the video on something larger than a digi cam screen.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #1539 on: December 28, 2008, 08:30:53 PM »
the trap bar high handles were about a #4 pin setting or 4" above what the height would be from teh lower handles or a barbell off the floor. Does that make sense?  These pulls were well below the knees.. I can't wait to see the video on something larger than a digi cam screen.
pretty damn good pull my friend, can't wait to see the clip.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1540 on: December 28, 2008, 08:34:33 PM »
pretty damn good pull my friend, can't wait to see the clip.

i feel pretty solid after all of it too..the 765 double did a number on me but the 805 feels like magic. I can't wait to showcase it.

this is what a trap bar looks like..i did it from teh same handles he's demonstrating in the video.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1541 on: December 28, 2008, 08:41:07 PM »
vids or it didnt happen juice monkey! :P  ;D

Jason

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1542 on: December 28, 2008, 09:20:41 PM »
Cant wait to see this! The bar must have been fully loaded. I am very interested to see how this correlates to your conventional DL numbers.

vids or it didnt happen juice monkey! :P  ;D

Jason

Agreed ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1543 on: December 29, 2008, 10:06:40 AM »
bitches...i get that video today!  ;D

DE bench day

barx20x1
135x20x1
225x3x6

3 sets of triples with comp grip and 3 sets with close grip

1 brd press

315x5x1
365x5x1 PR! First time to hit 365 for 5 on anything other than a 2brd or 3brd. Weight handled and grooved very well. The last rep I came down too fast and the weight slid down the board towards my face so I dumped it, reracked and slammed outthe last rep faster than the first 4.  What i noticed too was my shoulder. At first the right side seemed very weak and the weight was hard to manage during warmups but the big thing was ZERO tightness or talking what so ever. It stayed that way throughout the entire workout. The decision to take out all direct from delt work might have been a wise decision at this time.

Accessory work

3 sets of chins with 30lbs of chain
3 sets of face pulls

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1544 on: December 29, 2008, 08:43:24 PM »

here we go!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1545 on: December 29, 2008, 08:50:46 PM »
ahaha, that was fucking NASTY man!!! 765 with a trap bar? god DAMN dude!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1546 on: December 29, 2008, 08:53:53 PM »
ahaha, that was fucking NASTY man!!! 765 with a trap bar? god DAMN dude!

805..trap bar that we have is 85lbs instead of 45!  ;D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1547 on: December 29, 2008, 09:08:25 PM »
805..trap bar that we have is 85lbs instead of 45!  ;D

hahahah, dude, you realize the only other video i've seen of that is Vinny Fucking Dizenzo, right? and he did it for ONE.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1548 on: December 29, 2008, 09:10:21 PM »
hahahah, dude, you realize the only other video i've seen of that is Vinny Fucking Dizenzo, right? and he did it for ONE.

lmao i did a youtube search..only thing that came up was that asshole josh bryant pulling 840  ;D ;D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1549 on: December 29, 2008, 09:13:14 PM »
lmao i did a youtube search..only thing that came up was that asshole josh bryant pulling 840  ;D ;D

you don't think you could hit 840 for a single? also...

http://www.ironscene.com/videos/47_vincent_dizenzo_800lb_deadlift