Author Topic: The WICKED truth about my training  (Read 368410 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: The WICKED truth about my training
« Reply #1625 on: February 17, 2009, 05:57:15 AM »
hahahaha, sounds like "wicked" was doing the same thing you see most clowns doing in the gym, barely getting the top of his head to the bar and calling it a chin up, may as well just do pulldowns, MOST guys don't have the requisite strength to do real chin ups so you may as well do pulldowns, much better back exercise.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1626 on: February 17, 2009, 06:07:29 AM »
haha what you didn't see..was the wide grip bar, the other narrower neutral grips, etc. on the other side of the cable station. You can't pull up past where i was or you run your head into them. nice try to bring that down though..

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #1627 on: February 17, 2009, 06:12:22 AM »
haha what you didn't see..was the wide grip bar, the other narrower neutral grips, etc. on the other side of the cable station. You can't pull up past where i was or you run your head into them. nice try to bring that down though..
same old excuse making nonsense, you remind me of one of those clowns who has to kick his legs up and look like a seizure victim to squeeze out an extra 8-10 reps. ::)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #1628 on: February 17, 2009, 12:14:40 PM »
hahahaha, sounds like "wicked" was doing the same thing you see most clowns doing in the gym, barely getting the top of his head to the bar and calling it a chin up, may as well just do pulldowns, MOST guys don't have the requisite strength to do real chin ups so you may as well do pulldowns, much better back exercise.

Many do not have the strength but flexibility is also a large problem. There is a point at which your tris touch your lats and its over. I am physically incapable of bringing the pulldown or pullup bar to my chin, it stops at my nose at best, no matter what the weight. The more I have to flare my lats or the more pump I have, the less ROM. I imagine this to be true for even 200lbers. Its all mechanics, not strength.

Good try, wicked! The competition would be chin to or over the bar and you cant use neutral grip FYI. Still a strong showing!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #1629 on: February 17, 2009, 12:20:03 PM »
Many do not have the strength but flexibility is also a large problem. There is a point at which your tris touch your lats and its over. I am physically incapable of bringing the pulldown or pullup bar to my chin, it stops at my nose at best, no matter what the weight. The more I have to flare my lats or the more pump I have, the less ROM. I imagine this to be true for even 200lbers. Its all mechanics, not strength.

Good try, wicked! The competition would be chin to or over the bar and you cant use neutral grip FYI. Still a strong showing!
damn man you must be HUUUUUUGGGEEE!!!! shit man your triceps hit your lats on pullups, i don't even think Cutler does that on his clips doing pullups, you should post a picture, you must have an absolutely freakish amount of muscle mass.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1630 on: February 17, 2009, 12:26:15 PM »
damn man you must be HUUUUUUGGGEEE!!!! shit man your triceps hit your lats on pullups, i don't even think Cutler does that on his clips doing pullups, you should post a picture, you must have an absolutely freakish amount of muscle mass.

That doesnt happen to everyone? Maybe its my high bf%? But I have never been able to get the full rom I think? I can get higher it I use underhand grip though.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1631 on: February 17, 2009, 12:39:11 PM »
oh i'm not worried about getting my chin over.. i'll just do it at my usual gym with the fat bar handles i like. And lift is right.. some people just can't do it. I know because i work in 3 gyms and very rarely do you ever see anyone doing a TRUE pullup like you guys are asking for.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #1632 on: February 17, 2009, 01:00:09 PM »
what is this competition you speak of?
Jennifer

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #1633 on: February 17, 2009, 01:45:36 PM »
what is this competition you speak of?

It's a salami festival down at the powerlifting board.

Join in for some fun.
As empty as paradise

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1634 on: February 17, 2009, 01:51:42 PM »

I thought you were being a little too polite lately...

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1635 on: February 19, 2009, 12:01:09 AM »
pulled 200 even on the new RT.. feels just like the fbbc crusher. I've been WAY over training my grip and my hands are constantly sore..so i'm taking a week or so off and giving it another go. I feel like iv'e got another 10-20 in my right hand. It's no mark felix.. but to pull more than some of the top grippers in the country feels damn good atm. I just can't keep buring my hands out. video to come.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1636 on: February 19, 2009, 05:00:33 PM »
pulled 200 even on the new RT.. feels just like the fbbc crusher. I've been WAY over training my grip and my hands are constantly sore..so i'm taking a week or so off and giving it another go. I feel like iv'e got another 10-20 in my right hand. It's no mark felix.. but to pull more than some of the top grippers in the country feels damn good atm. I just can't keep buring my hands out. video to come.

WOW! 200 on the new RT is rough! I heard that Odd Haugen got 232 on the first try, just in spite of the Gillinghams.  ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1637 on: February 19, 2009, 07:44:27 PM »
WOW! 200 on the new RT is rough! I heard that Odd Haugen got 232 on the first try, just in spite of the Gillinghams.  ;D

dude is odd going back to boxing?!  ???

yeah.. ti's funny wade used to pull 287 and only hit 187 on the new rt.. he must've tried it with two fingers haha those guys are pinching 3 25's and 3 35's together effortlessly.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1638 on: February 19, 2009, 08:08:32 PM »
dude is odd going back to boxing?!  ???

I think you mean Arild, not Odd. Arild is supposed to start boxing this spring I think.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #1639 on: February 20, 2009, 01:32:18 AM »

New RT?

I've pulled 226 on a Rolling Thunder. Was wondering if there is a new version of it?
As empty as paradise

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1640 on: February 20, 2009, 11:44:42 AM »
New RT?

I've pulled 226 on a Rolling Thunder. Was wondering if there is a new version of it?

yeah..the newer ones have new bearing in them. The old one didn't really rotate near as much. if it's silver or gold on the outside of the revolving grip itself it's a new one..if it's not it's an old one. still 226 on the old RT means you could grab up that inch dumbbell hedge no problem. 220 seems on the old RT is comparable to the inch says the consensus.

check out the crushers from fatbastardbarbellco.com ...those are just as hard as the new RT but in various sizes.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1641 on: February 22, 2009, 10:16:57 AM »
Started the new EDDY COAN deadlift program yesterday...fucking brutal

deads

135x10x1
225x3x1
315x3x1
405x3x1
495x3x1
525x2x1

speed deads

420x3x8

stiff leg'd deads off 2 45lb plates

135x8x1
225x8x1
315x8x1

good mornings

135x8x1
225x8x1
315x8x1

bent over barbell rows

135x8x1
225x8x1
275x8x1 sloppy form but haven't done these in forever

underhanded lat pulldowns

whole stack x8x3

haven't done a workout like this in quite some time.. week one is over...9 more to go. Hopefully this is the key to 7 hundred.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #1642 on: February 22, 2009, 12:10:27 PM »
Fuck... speed deads with 420? You fcuker! 8)
As empty as paradise

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1643 on: February 22, 2009, 07:42:37 PM »
Thats a lot of DL work! Got a link to this program you're using?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #1644 on: February 22, 2009, 10:49:48 PM »
So you should come train with him up here...he is at a gym about 30 minutes away from my house.  Let me know when you are coming.
Jennifer

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1645 on: February 22, 2009, 11:29:45 PM »
http://tsampa.org/training/scripts/c...lipi_deadlift/

there's the link to the program! i'm still not sure if i'm doing it right so i'm waiting on answers from a few people. the numbers are given to you based on your current max and your goal there of. I went conservative and put in 650 instead of 675 and with my goal in ten weeks to be 700.  It only says to lift one day though and i'm used to two lower body days. I'm thinking i'll use the typical second day for rehab and other gpp work LIGHTLY!!! i'm curious to see how this works out honestly.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1646 on: February 22, 2009, 11:30:50 PM »
Fuck... speed deads with 420? You fcuker! 8)

i don't know if you would call them fast.. i'm trying to stay tight with the new form and techinque but it's not near as fast as my old form was. I'm pulling all reps paused off the floor too to make sure i'm getting all i can and doing slow negatives on the way to the ground.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1647 on: February 23, 2009, 09:30:19 PM »
DE bench day

barx20x1
135x20x2
225x3x8

2 brd press

305x6x1
325x6x1
345x6x1

just doing lighter percentage work...shoulder felt solid

light tricep and sled work for triceps and shoulders

I think from now on I'll be doing this type of workout every monday and doing ME whatever every thursday along with push presses and run that for awhile. Back work is strictly going to be on saturday's for the coan deadlift program.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #1648 on: February 24, 2009, 02:51:05 PM »

Have to say those were some weak half-assed reps there, looked more like warmup stretches. He had the strength to do full reps but let's face it that's a lot harder and more work than he was willing to put out.  :P

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1649 on: February 25, 2009, 09:46:07 PM »
Have to say those were some weak half-assed reps there, looked more like warmup stretches. He had the strength to do full reps but let's face it that's a lot harder and more work than he was willing to put out.  :P

haha oh here we go again  ;D