Author Topic: Today I learned what name the victorians had for pitbulls  (Read 31740 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Today I learned what name the victorians had for pitbulls
« on: December 17, 2012, 01:13:09 PM »
They called them nanny dogs, since they were best suited to look after kids, dog aggressive NOT human aggressive plain and simple, don't believe me? See pictures below, not all are from the victorian age but they prove a point that bull terriers, pitbulls or what ever you want to call these dogs have no natural tendency to harm humans.
We don't need more guns in school but maybe a few of these dogs, lets see what happens if a well trained bully charges a potential shooter - Get some monster pitbulls from the http://www.bossykennels.com/ and give each security guy one, make him a school pet a mascot.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Today I learned what name the victorians had for pitbulls
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 01:15:25 PM »
There's a bunch of websites dedicated to nanny dogs.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 01:19:18 PM »
There's a bunch of websites dedicated to nanny dogs.

I would love a pitbull again :( sad to say they are still to be had here in ireland but the laws are changing soon, I be scared that I have to give him away once I have him, look at this jacked bully

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 01:24:49 PM »
the staffy is the 'nanny dog', no the scumbull

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 01:28:41 PM »
the staffy is the 'nanny dog', no the scumbull

I am pretty sure that not all staffys were actual staffys these dogs have been bread and mixed for a long time - I am not saying all of these dogs are save with kids, its just sad how overly hyped the genearl population gets when they see something that looks like a pitbul, changing sides of the street, picking up kids, taking their own dog on a leash (that last one might be a good idea lol)..

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 01:31:08 PM »
gorgeous, do they still cut the ears like that? Last dog I had was a German mini schnauzer which my wife brought with her in our marriage - she had her ears like that as well, if I had to choose between an american bulldog or staffy or what ever and or a Schnauzer it would be hard, Schnauzers are such awesome strong minded dogs and so much fun to have around, we had to sadly put her asleep she got cancer, the only good thing was that we did not have to bring her to the doctor, her mother is a nurse so she brought the meds home we all were around here (at that stage she couldn't get up anymore) she got cuddled and her mom gave her the injection, she just yellped and tried to get up but than drifted away.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 01:31:53 PM »
Pete, the Dog from the little Rascales was a Pit Bull

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 01:34:52 PM »
i have a 2 year old blue eyed gray pitbull here is a pic of BRUCE (ALL MIGHTY) as a puppy

nefario

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 01:36:56 PM »
I am pretty sure that not all staffys were actual staffys these dogs have been bread and mixed for a long time - I am not saying all of these dogs are save with kids, its just sad how overly hyped the genearl population gets when they see something that looks like a pitbul, changing sides of the street, picking up kids, taking their own dog on a leash (that last one might be a good idea lol)..

For sure the breeds have changed over the years, and back in the old days, there was a fair amount of cross-breeding to improve fighting stock etc... Some lost breeds, too, like the Blue Paul. Staffordshire Bull Terriers were also brought to a slightly different (stockier) standard in the 40's or so by registering bodies.  But that said, "nanny dog" is typically used in reference to Staffies, and not the generally larger, but relatively closely related pitbulls / American Staffordshire Terrier.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 01:38:05 PM »
i have a 2 year old blue eyed gray pitbull here is a pic of BRUCE (ALL MIGHTY) as a puppy

lolol so cute, the way they walk gets me every time, you just want to pick them up, they also have that "puppy" smell, my son smell reminds me of that sometimes, its that "new" smell cannot describe it, but it smells real good.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 01:38:41 PM »
For sure the breeds have changed over the years, and back in the old days, there was a fair amount of cross-breeding to improve fighting stock etc... Some lost breeds, too, like the Blue Paul. Staffordshire Bull Terriers were also brought to a slightly different (stockier) standard in the 40's or so by registering bodies.  But that said, "nanny dog" is typically used in reference to Staffies, and not the generally larger, but relatively closely related pitbulls / American Staffordshire Terrier.

cool learned something new today, thanks.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 02:00:53 PM »
Surprised E-Kul hasn't been in this thread yet screaming for the deaths of all pitbulls.  ::)

dustin

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 02:47:42 PM »
Stark, didn't you say you wanted to drown my pitbull puppy when I posted a picture of her? lol

The only problem I have with my dog Lucy is that she loves cuddling and attention way too much. Pitbulls can be tough on the exterior but they're the biggest wimps ever. I have to be careful if I scold Lucy because she'll get really remorseful and bites back with soul crushing sadness in her eyes lol

Little shit always tries sneaking under any blanket that's left unguarded. I have a few friends with young pitbulls and they noticed the same thing too. I can suplex them and get really aggressive when we play, but the moment you chill out all they want to do is cuddle. They're wimpy little muscle machines. I love them.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 02:49:33 PM »
if i had kids i'd never let them close to such brute animals who could rip their face off in the blink of an eye

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 02:49:57 PM »
New Rule: You can't complain when your pittbull eats your child's face and you are automatically dropped to the status of white trash/ghetto black if/when it happens.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 02:50:20 PM »
stupid idea

dumb animal can do anthing stupid

armed private security is answer

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 02:52:30 PM »
Beautiful dogs. Problem is too many retards own them >:(

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 02:58:23 PM »
Brutal logical post.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2012, 03:00:59 PM »
if i had kids i'd never let them close to such brute animals who could rip their face off in the blink of an eye
Then thank god you're impotent.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 03:01:49 PM »
Then thank god you're impotent.
but i'm not

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 05:13:40 PM »
Yes.. The stafford shire was know as the nanny dog.. But the original pit looked like the RCA dog.. The "little rascals" dog..  Only 45 to 55 pounds..what we see many times today is not.. What we see sometimes today is pits mixed with breeds to get them bigger or to give them a bully look.. But a true pit is pretty small but muscular and sinewy.. I have 2.. Best breed possible..

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 06:05:00 PM »

You are gay, so thankfully you can't procreate.  In addition, I think that your mental instability will prevent you from adopting.

Stick to owning hamsters....   ;)

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 06:08:36 PM »

Cute pup.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 06:10:08 PM »

one more retard (aka Stark) can't hurt.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 06:23:47 PM »
No, the retard statement is pretty accurate. I work with the group that rescued all the vick dogs.  Pits are amazing animals, and when raised by normal people, are normal dogs. 

before the 80's, they were never involved in attacks.  Since the explosion of rap culture, influx of immigration, and glamorization of thug life, the dogs have been abused, exploited, and their PR has been ruined.  but this is a cyclical process, and it has happened before with numerous other breeds, like the blood hound, the german shep, dobermans, rotts...whatever the fad dog is that retards have, they turn into monsters.

here comes "e-kul" to call me a "pidiot," and talk about what horrific creatures they are.