Author Topic: Shawn Ray - Is in The House!!!!  (Read 204597 times)

LittleJ

• Getbig V
Re: Shawn Ray - Is in The House!!!!
« Reply #625 on: October 06, 2017, 01:35:30 PM »

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #626 on: October 06, 2017, 02:23:46 PM »
I don't live in a world of "What if's?"
It's that simple.
We all 3 took turns beating each other in head to head competition which made us all better and more Aware of each other's gifts, strengths & weaknesses.
It's a sport of Opinion.
I'm raising my kids not wondering "If" this or if that.
I'm 16 years removed from the stage bro, I look back with admiration and appreciation not with "What if'."

ok well thanks for addressing the question, but with due respect it wasn't a "what" if Question Shawn if was a...in your opinion...question, for most the 1990s I was arguably the best Greco wrestler in my country bar none I haven't competed in over 15 years now but the younger kids (guys in their 20s) ask me frequently how I'd do against the best wrestlers nowadays...and I answer them honestly...in my opinion...it doesn't make it a FACT...it's just my opinion.

You were one of the very best of ANY GENARATION of bodybuilders and you proved it consistently over the 1980s-1990s...that's the reason I asked you YOUR OPINION shawn it's not a crime too say you feel you could beat the best of today personally I think there's a good chance you'd beat MOST top guys nowadays but heaths a tougher closer thing against Phil because regardless of his persona he's pretty complete...and so we're you.

It's not a crime too admit you were good enough too beat the newer generation it's just your opinion.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #627 on: October 06, 2017, 08:57:33 PM »
I don't live in a world of "What if's?"
It's that simple.
We all 3 took turns beating each other in head to head competition which made us all better and more Aware of each other's gifts, strengths & weaknesses.
It's a sport of Opinion.
I'm raising my kids not wondering "If" this or if that.
I'm 16 years removed from the stage bro, I look back with admiration and appreciation not with "What if'."

i'm guessing this is your way of saying phil would beat you guys, because you did say that you would beat flex lewis

E
E

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #628 on: October 07, 2017, 03:14:10 AM »
If you think Lee is an "Ambassador" for this sport, I certainly won't try to dignify you're question with an answer.
#KeepItMovin
May be not as a person but his physique has been and will be inspirational in years to come.here is what i see as a follower of the sports.You,Padilla,labrada,dexter,priest,Makkway and of course the greatest potential ever walked on bodybuilding stage flex wheeler will always be source of inspiration for young or old school bodybuilders.lots of people have problem with your self cantered attitude.i never seen you conducting an interview without mentioning you glory day story...very petty and insecure if you ask me.so much for being judgemental.here is question for you.tell me if Jim Manion and Rafael santonja are fighting over money or ego.either way they will destroy the sports.where you standing in this dispute.

Simple Simon

« Reply #629 on: October 07, 2017, 03:17:01 AM »
May be not as a person but his physique has been and will be inspirational in years to come.here is what i see as a follower of the sports.You,Padilla,labrada,dexter,priest,Makkway and of course the greatest potential ever walked on bodybuilding stage flex wheeler will always be source of inspiration for young or old school bodybuilders.lots of people have problem with your self cantered attitude.i never seen you conducting an interview without mentioning you glory day story...very petty and insecure if you ask me.so much for being judgemental.here is question for you.tell me if Jim Manion and Rafael santonja are fighting over money or ego.either way they will destroy the sports.where you standing in this dispute.

flex was a skinny ecto who destroyed himself with oil..

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #630 on: October 07, 2017, 03:23:35 AM »

And you didn’t mention Kevin who was one of the greatest of the 90’s and should have a been a O winner haha

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #631 on: October 07, 2017, 04:02:38 AM »
So Shawn do you think this is a sport or a schport?  ;)
MIRAGETROPIN

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #632 on: October 07, 2017, 06:56:15 AM »
Loved your honesty and commentary at the Olympia. It was a breath of fresh air  :)

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #633 on: October 07, 2017, 08:21:34 AM »
And you didn’t mention Kevin who was one of the greatest of the 90’s and should have a been a O winner haha
obviously potential wise i do not see him there.please tell me a year when he should have won Olympia and did,t..Bit over rated tbh.

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #634 on: October 07, 2017, 08:25:16 AM »
flex was a skinny ecto who destroyed himself with oil..
flex would win over 90% vote on any board for being all time best bodybuilding physique on Olympia stage.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #635 on: October 07, 2017, 08:30:11 AM »
I knew that Shawn would visit the Netherlands, but I forget the date. Well, it was last weekend, so Hi Shawn, hope you liked your visit

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #636 on: October 07, 2017, 10:56:08 AM »
shawn, at the olympia 2000 back stage why did you refuse to give levrone a piece of the orange you had when he asked you to stop his cramps?..  >:( >:( >:(

Simple Simon

« Reply #637 on: October 07, 2017, 10:57:00 AM »
shawn, at the olympia 2000 back stage why did you refuse to give levrone a piece of the orange you had when he asked you to stop his cramps?..  >:( >:( >:(

Because he got it from a young Kai Greene...

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #638 on: October 07, 2017, 11:07:14 AM »
Never met anyone else like Shawn. A sociologist, a bodybuilder and also a bodybuildingwriter. Creds to him! Like myself.
MIRAGETROPIN

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #639 on: October 07, 2017, 11:23:46 AM »
Because he got it from a young Kai Greene...

;D

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #640 on: October 07, 2017, 11:43:53 AM »
Shawn,

One thing I noticed on all the boards and online in general in reference to the Olympia broadcast on Amazon was that people generally enjoyed the feed for a change. What they did not enjoy and this is something that is brought up online every year and nobody who does the broadcast does not seem to pay attention to is that during the personal posing routines, that nobody wants to hear the commentator yapping away because it takes away from the routine we are watching. Like seriously, you and Dan do a great job commentating, but perhaps someone needs to tell Dan specifically to shut the fuck up during the routine. You like to tell it like it is, so appreciate that I am telling it like it is. If you do not believe me, pull up the commentary of people online during the podcast and you will see those comments specifically like crazy.

If we went back to when you did your awesome routine at the Nationals, the whole would have beenruined had 2 guys been babbling the whole time during. Everyone including you talks about the lack of good posing today, but one other facet ruining the posing is exactly the babbling that goes on during live streaming of events. Boxers, hockey football, mma are geared to commentators talking during play because they don't do it to music, the posing routines are done to music 100%.. Huge difference. I suggest wathing figure skating routines as an example, they talk very little during routines

That is my major criticsm about the commentary, everything else is great, thanks
"

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #641 on: October 07, 2017, 11:53:29 AM »
Shawn,

One thing I noticed on all the boards and online in general in reference to the Olympia broadcast on Amazon was that people generally enjoyed the feed for a change. What they did not enjoy and this is something that is brought up online every year and nobody who does the broadcast does not seem to pay attention to is that during the personal posing routines, that nobody wants to hear the commentator yapping away because it takes away from the routine we are watching. Like seriously, you and Dan do a great job commentating, but perhaps someone needs to tell Dan specifically to shut the fuck up during the routine. You like to tell it like it is, so appreciate that I am telling it like it is. If you do not believe me, pull up the commentary of people online during the podcast and you will see those comments specifically like crazy.

If we went back to when you did your awesome routine at the Nationals, the whole would have beenruined had 2 guys been babbling the whole time during. Everyone including you talks about the lack of good posing today, but one other facet ruining the posing is exactly the babbling that goes on during live streaming of events. Boxers, hockey football, mma are geared to commentators talking during play because they don't do it to music, the posing routines are done to music 100%.. Huge difference. I suggest wathing figure skating routines as an example, they talk very little during routines

That is my major criticsm about the commentary, everything else is great, thanks
Good question.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #642 on: October 07, 2017, 02:17:55 PM »
Good question.

here is a good example, minimal talk during the routine, different sport but similar where they have personal routines to music

"

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #643 on: October 08, 2017, 07:17:12 AM »
Is Shawn Ray a sociopath or the greatest Mr.O never crowned? Speak up for yourself
MIRAGETROPIN

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #644 on: October 08, 2017, 08:28:24 AM »
The day Shawn Ray runned away from a challenge:

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #645 on: October 08, 2017, 10:04:14 AM »
I knew that Shawn would visit the Netherlands, but I forget the date. Well, it was last weekend, so Hi Shawn, hope you liked your visit

wonder if he nailed any of your dutch white girls  ???

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #646 on: October 08, 2017, 10:10:38 AM »
Is Shawn Ray a sociopath or the greatest Mr.O never crowned? Speak up for yourself
definetly NOT the greatest Mr O never crowned
He was one of the more boring pros of his time-and left no legacy and paved no way -and he set no standards for anything
On video he was boring as hell and spoke with an irritating effeminate voice
His junky red car had the worst sounding brakes when he backed out of his garage-and u just about fell asleep listening to him talk about his diet and training
There were countless pros more deserving than him who should have won the O
If u wanted a pro from back in the day to represent the time period or how great bodybuilding used to be-Sean would not be it
He’s most known for trannies, confused backwards dieting, and eating a plate of fruit as a snack when he was dieting
w

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #647 on: October 08, 2017, 10:14:03 AM »
Shawn,

pro tip

turn volume control down for bits you don't want commentary

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #648 on: October 08, 2017, 12:04:29 PM »
pro tip

turn volume control down for bits you don't want commentary

Thanks but the point is hearing the music to the posing
"

Simple Simon

« Reply #649 on: October 08, 2017, 12:05:26 PM »
Thanks but the point is hearing the music to the posing

none of them pose to the music anymore, its just background...