Author Topic: An interesting interview with John Schaffer  (Read 564 times)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
An interesting interview with John Schaffer
« on: July 24, 2010, 02:56:34 PM »
I read this part in an interview with Jon Schaffer, the mainman of the band Iced Earth and found it quite interesting.

I believe he sets the record straight and wish more people could think like that, free from party lines and blind support for whatever agenda they want to serve.

Sleaze Roxx: What are your thoughts on the Tea Party movement that has been taking place across America? Is it good for the country in your opinion? The mainstream media seems to view the Tea Party movement as nothing more than the Republican Party under a different banner.

Jon Schaffer: I believe that in general the Tea Party is good. However, there's no doubt that establishment Republicans are trying to hijack the movement, and that is bad. The system is scared of the Tea Party so it is being infiltrated by establishment scum from the right and demonized by establishment scum on the left. The real Tea Party principals are in line mostly with a libertarian/constitutional view of how the country should be running. The two party system is a fraud, it's two wings of the same ugly, collectivist bird.

Sleaze Roxx: You've shied away from talking about politics in the past while promoting your music. Was it because you were misquoted on a couple of occasions? I think most people got the idea that you are a Republican.

Jon Schaffer: I used to be in the mindset that one party was the lesser of two evils. Now, I vote no more evil. I'm sick of the lies from both parties, they both have betrayed the American people and are responsible for the dire straits the country is in. I have voted Republican and independent in the past because I've always been a constitutional conservative. However, I don't trust the rhetoric from any politician anymore. I am watching these people like a hawk, and that's what we all need to be doing. These are professional liars in most cases, and we need to throw out the establishment scum from both parties.

Sleaze Roxx: Do you think there will ever be major support for a third party in America? Why or why not?

Jon Schaffer: I think the people would definitely support it. The problem is the giant multi-national corporations and the banksters that run them. They print the money and control the airwaves, so it's been fairly easy to fool the people and get them to believe in the current head puppet that the system is pushing. I think the people are waking up to this fraud, and when the American people rise up in righteous anger, there will be hell to pay. We have been fleeced by a bunch of robber barons and the puppets they control. It's time we all get wise to the system and the lies it perpetuates on the people.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
Re: An interesting interview with John Schaffer
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 06:47:00 PM »
I wonder how he likes running the CBS orchestra on Letterman

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 06:26:22 AM »
Iced Earth is one of my favorite bands.  Two absolute killer classics. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 12:53:59 PM »
"Declaration Day" is a great song with lyrics to match.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 05:07:17 PM »
"Declaration Day" is a great song with lyrics to match.

Most on the left probably view Glorious Burden as a heretical album.