Author Topic: Another Bush in the White House?  (Read 44552 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

Hereford

• Getbig V
Re: Another Bush in the White House?
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2011, 08:07:11 PM »
Hey Beach..... when is Linda Lingle going to announce?

I'd like to vote for her as well...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2011, 08:32:13 AM »
Ill vote for Jerry West.. been puttin killer deals together since 79

that would be cool

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2011, 09:19:25 AM »
Neither Bush did worse than Obama. So why not?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2011, 01:57:12 PM »
Hey Beach..... when is Linda Lingle going to announce?

I'd like to vote for her as well...

For Akaka's seat in the Senate?  Soon.  She's not sure if she's running for that seat yet.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2011, 05:48:11 PM »
Is there an Arab country with a dictator and excess oil barrels? Then, Jeb is a good idea.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2011, 05:55:24 PM »
Is there an Arab country with a dictator and excess oil barrels? Then, Jeb is a good idea.

LOL!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2011, 06:00:03 PM »
Stay out da bushes! 

No fucking more damn bushes.  They have done enough damage to this country.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2011, 06:55:34 PM »
Stay out da bushes! 

I was trying to find that Jesse Jackson clip, but couldn't. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2011, 01:09:12 AM »
Stay out da bushes! 

No fucking more damn bushes.  They have done enough damage to this country.

this coming from the guy who wants Sarah Palin for president....your position is seriously compromised

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2011, 03:21:21 AM »
What policy position does she hold that will damage the nation any more than bush? 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2011, 08:42:58 AM »

Oh, are you referring to Libya?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2011, 09:02:33 AM »
What policy position does she hold that will damage the nation any more than bush? 

she's an idiot..her policy position doesn't matter..she'll destroy the nation by being DUMB

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2011, 09:10:25 AM »
she's an idiot..her policy position doesn't matter..she'll destroy the nation by being DUMB

You mean like Obama the fucking moron who cant even pronounce corpse man correctly? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2011, 11:05:21 AM »
Jeb Bush to Fox: 'Never Say Never' on 2012
Friday, 22 Jul 2011

In an interview to be presented on FOX News Channel’s Hannity tonight, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush discusses the 2012 GOP candidates, reasons for not joining the race and how he would tackle the country’s economic crisis if he were leading the country. He also rates President Obama’s handling of the country’s current economic crisis and says he is “failing on the economy.”

Excerpts from the interview are below:

On a potential run for the 2012 presidency:

“I don’t anticipate that, you never say never. This is a standard answer that I’ve kind of learned how to give which is -- you never say never, but I never ruling out being on Dancing with the Stars either … there are a lot of ways you can make a difference. Bob Wise and I are involved with education reform, I’m involved in supporting a lot of causes where, where you know my voice is heard and people that share my belief are excited about moving forward and I can play a role without being a candidate.”

On the current list of candidates in the 2012 election race:

“They’re all good men and women, there capable, they’ve made the all in commitment and this yearning for something else is very flattering for someone if you’re that someone else but in reality I think this race, we have qualified candidates and as it gets closer to the primaries to the caucuses and primaries I think people will begin to see the metal of the men and women that are running.”

On his reason for not running:

“You know I love my brother and I love my dad and I would consider it a blessing if I was a candidate to have their support and be associated with them. I think, the reason I am not running doesn’t have anything to do with politics or underwriting the political risks or anything like that, you know when you run you have to be all in and then you take risks of winning and losing. I’ve never felt comfortable with making political decisions based on whether it was the right thing to do in terms of a poll… By the way, the context changes almost immediately once you embark on a journey like that and it will change ten times between now and the Iowa caucuses, so my motivation really is a personal one. It relates to my family and a desire to fulfill my duties as a husband and a father which is I think we all have a duty to provide financial security for our families going forward so people don’t believe it but I promise you that’s the reason and it doesn’t mean I’m a hermit or gonna live in a cave… I’m totally engaged in the process you know I may support a candidate I don’t know but I intend to have my voice heard just won’t be with a big megaphone.”

On President Obama being critical of his brother George W. Bush:

“That’s a personal thing for me Sean, I get tired of it. I think most people do.”

On President Obama’s approval rating:

“If you recall my dad in 1992 had a approval rating that was double what President Obama has right now and he was running against the seven dwarfs I think …And one of those dwarfs became President… dwarf, you know President Clinton so the notion that somehow these aren’t folks that are capable of winning I just think is ridiculous. These are good people.”

On the current candidates in comparison to previous primaries:

“I think the old order is being dismembered. The Democratic Party, in my opinion, doesn’t really exist it’s just a coalition of communities around special interest and President Obama was very effective in mobilizing support in the downfall of the Democratic Party around his candidacy --- kind of being the organizing principle of that and that’s what he’s going to try to do again. Republicans being more traditional are slower to move into the 21st century model but the old idea that there was someone s...it was someone’s turn you know it was someone’s turn, no longer is valid.”

On President Obama’s grade of handling the economy and national security:

“I’d say national security is a work in progress. It’s interesting that he was very critical as a candidate of the policies that my brother initiated.”

“I’d say failing on the economy. The idea that you can stimulate economic growth by creating massive uncertainty for the folks that make investments, that create the jobs, which are predominately small businesses in our country is just not going to work and then the hyper regulatory climate on top of that, and the fear of just change being always to the detriment of people that are willing to invest and compete and create jobs, it hasn’t worked. And it’s clear that it hasn’t worked and we have long term structural problems that we have to deal with and there I don’t think we ought to be arguing on a partisan basis and we have short term challenges that the president’s policies have been tried and they’ve just failed.”

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Jeb-Bush-Fox-Never/2011/07/22/id/404566

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2011, 12:35:41 PM »
As much as I can't stand the bush family, he is dead right about obama and the economy. 

What is this now the zillionth person to say this? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2012, 10:11:28 AM »
These statements are funny.  They say they don't want the job, but they'll "listen" or "consider it" if they're asked.  That means he'll take the job if it's offered.  I think it would be a mistake to pick him.

Jeb Bush Rules out VP Nomination
Saturday, 21 Apr 2012

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, the son of one U.S. president and the brother of another, said he wants to put to rest any talk of him becoming the running mate of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

“I am not going to be the veep nominee,” Bush said in an e-mailed statement Friday. “Lay that to rest.”

The question arose after an earlier interview with the Newsmax.TV website in which Bush didn’t rule out the idea. In the interview, he touted the qualifications of U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida for the second spot on the ticket.

Bush was questioned about his own chances for being asked by the former Massachusetts governor to be his running mate.

“Well, I’d consider it,” Bush told Newsmax, “but I doubt I’ll get a call, and I don’t know if it’s the right thing for me to do. I didn’t run for president for a similar kind of reason, so I’m all in to try to help him get elected.”

Bush had refrained from endorsing any candidate for president before Florida’s Republican presidential primary on Jan. 31. Romney defeated the runner-up in that contest, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich of Georgia, by more than 14 percentage points. More recently, Bush endorsed Romney, and has repeatedly said he is ready to campaign for the party’s 2012 nominee.

Bush served two terms as Florida’s governor, leaving office in January 2007. His older brother, George W. Bush, a former governor of Texas, served two terms as president. Their father, George H.W. Bush, served one term as president.

Jeb Bush, who has returned to private business, has declined entreaties from some within his party to seek higher office -- including a U.S. Senate seat that opened in Florida and his party’s nomination for president this year.

Asked Friday about his comments in the Newsmax interview, Bush said he won’t be a candidate for vice president either.

“I guess I wasn’t clear enough,” he said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Jeb-Bush-Vice-President/2012/04/21/id/436625

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2012, 12:10:12 PM »
I lost all respect (arguably, not a lot to begin with) for Jeb Bush when he stuck his nose in the Terri Schiavo case. Fuckin' idiot wishing to play doctor.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2012, 09:27:29 AM »
I lost all respect (arguably, not a lot to begin with) for Jeb Bush when he stuck his nose in the Terri Schiavo case. Fuckin' idiot wishing to play doctor.

I didn't agree with him on Schiavo either. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2012, 09:28:24 AM »
Rubio backs Jeb Bush for VP
Posted by
CNN Producer Gabriella Schwarz

(CNN) – Republican Sen. Marco Rubio, who consistently makes the short list of potential GOP vice-presidential candidates, on Sunday offered a ringing endorsement of Jeb Bush for the No.2 spot.

Bush, the former Florida governor, recently said he hoped Rubio would accept a potential offer from presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney to serve on the ticket, and Rubio returned the compliment.

"Well that's very nice of Jeb. I hope he'll say yes if future President Romney asks him," the senator from Florida said of his political mentor in an interview set to air on CNN's "State of the Union." "I think he'd be a fantastic vice president."

Despite continual questions regarding his political future, Rubio vowed to stay out of the "veepstakes" chatter going forward, given that the official process is now in place.

Romney appointed Beth Myers last week to head his search for the individual who will complete the GOP ticket heading into the November general election.

"The last thing he needs are those of us in the peanut gallery to be saying what we would or would not do," Rubio told CNN Chief Political Correspondent Candy Crowley. "I know that Mitt Romney's going to make a great choice for vice president."

The first term senator and tea party favorite on Thursday said he would reject a vice-presidential proposal, adding his focus is on his Senate tenure. He and Romney are scheduled to campaign together on Monday.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/22/rubio-backs-jeb-bush-for-vp/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2012, 10:22:02 AM »
The Talk Begins: Jeb Bush in 2016
Friday, 23 Nov 2012
By Sandy Fitzgerald

The talk has already started about a possible 2016 presidential bid by former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, but before that happens friends say he'll be busy rebuilding his personal wealth and restoring his family's relationship with the Republican Party.

If he decides to seek the GOP nomination, it could put a damper on any plans by Florida Sen. Marco Rubio to run in four years, according to The New York Times.

But for now, "It's neither a 'no' nor a 'yes' — it’s a ‘wait and see,'"Al Cardenas, chairman of the American Conservative Union and a longtime Bush friend and advisor, told the Times.

After this year's loss to President Barack Obama, Republicans are looking for a candidate who can appeal to a different voter demographic that's no longer dominated by white men and women. Many Republicans believe that Bush fits the bill as someone who can attract Hispanics and other minorities without sacrificing his conservative values.

His supporters note that Bush's wife, Columba, was born and raised in Mexico. Bush, who speaks Spanish, also favors overhauling immigration laws to provide a route to citizenship for people already in the country illegally but who are otherwise law-abiding.

His appeal to conservatives in the party on key social issues is strong, however. For example, he is against abortion, and he supports school choice and tougher performance standards.

Still, some worry that Bush could have a difficult time navigating the feelings within the party about his father and brother. On the one hand, there is still some nostalgia for his father, former President George H.W. Bush, but some ill feelings toward his brother, former President George W. Bush, who started the Wall Street bailouts that Obama inherited and increased the size of government during his eight years in office.

But his friends say that's the least of his worries in deciding whether to pursue a third Bush family presidency. According to the Times, he is worried about how a presidential run could affect his sons' own political aspirations.

Jeb Bush Jr., 29, who said earlier this week that he hopes his father does run for president, has founded a political action committee to recruit and promote Hispanic candidates. At the same time, George P. Bush, 36, has filed in Texas to run for the post of land commissioner.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/bush-2016-presidency/2012/11/23/id/465167

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2012, 10:27:38 AM »
jeb is the only one who could beat hilary. 

Rubio will look like a child arguing with his grandmother.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2013, 07:17:56 PM »
George W. Bush Tells Jeb to ‘Run,’ Says Jeb vs. Hillary Would Make ‘Fantastic Photo’
Print By Rick Klein
@rickklein
Apr 24, 2013

UNIVERSITY PARK, Texas — Former President George W. Bush says he isn’t interested in playing on the national political stage any longer. But for family, he’s making an exception.

Asked in an interview with ABC News’ Diane Sawyer whether he thinks his brother former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush should run for president in 2016, the ex-president was unequivocal.

“He’d be a marvelous candidate if he chooses to do so. He doesn’t need my counsel ’cause he knows what it is, which is ‘run,’ ” the elder Bush brother said about Jeb’s possible candidacy, in an interview that first aired Wednesday on “World News with Diane Sawyer.” “But whether he does or not, it’s a very personal decision.”

The former president even allowed himself to picture the potential 2016 matchup: Jeb Bush vs. Hillary Rodham Clinton. It would be a family rematch of the 1992 election, when George H.W. Bush lost to Bill Clinton.

“It’ll be a fantastic photo here. It would certainly eclipse the museum and the center,” Bush said on the eve of the formal opening of the George W. Bush Presidential Center at Southern Methodist University, just outside Dallas. “I’m interested in politics. I’m, you know, I’m fascinated by all the gossip and stuff that goes on. But the field won’t be become clear ’til after the midterms.”

Asked for a word of advice to the Republican Party, the former president struck an optimistic note amid rounds of GOP soul-searching: “You will exist in the future,” he said with a smile.

On several major issues, though, Bush made clear he’s staying away from day-to-day political battles.

With some Republicans calling for immigration reform to be slowed down in the wake of terrorist attack in Boston apparently carried out by two immigrants, the former president brought up his previous support for comprehensive reform but said he wouldn’t be commenting on specific legislation.

“I’m a strong advocate in reforming a broken system,” Bush said. “It’s a difficult issue for members of Congress to deal with. And they’re just gonna have to figure out how best to deal with a very complex issue. And I don’t know all the particulars of the bill. I do know the system is not working.”

Bush also took a pass on the issue of gun control and expanded background checks, which he voiced support for as president.

“There’s a lotta issues that people would like to get my opinion on, and I really decided to stay out of the public arena,” he said.

He took a similar tack on gay marriage, which Bush opposes — a position that puts him at odds with his former vice president, Dick Cheney; his 2004 campaign manager, Ken Mehlman; and his wife, Laura, and daughter Barbara.

“No, but thank you for trying,” Bush said when asked whether he’d like to explain his position in that fast-evolving debate. “I’m not weighing in on issues.  … See, you’re either in or out.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/04/george-w-bush-tells-jeb-to-run-says-jeb-vs-hillary-would-make-fantastic-photo/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2013, 07:19:23 PM »
NO!!!!

FU W 

FU JEB!!!!

FU Hillary!!!!

The Bushes SUCK!!!  No No No No No  !!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2013, 07:34:03 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-bush-distinct-men-policy-overlaps-073045083--politics.html;_ylt=A2KJ3CdPu3dR3S4AfDPQtDMD

Bushes and Obama = same bullshit 

NO!!!!

If jeb runs - not a chance in hell i vote for him