Author Topic: Chris Aceto vs Shawn Ray ... It's on!!!  (Read 24567 times)

ether

• Getbig IV
Re: Chris Aceto vs Shawn Ray ... It's on!!!
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2013, 05:41:23 AM »
Kevin Levrone lacked balance compared to Shawn.

Post 1993 Flex Wheeler was an oil head and doesn't deserve a mention.

He may have been a bigmouth, annoying or whatever but Shawn Ray never destroyed his physique the way most others did. He retained his lines, his aesthetics and he never lowered his presentation standards.

As a physique athlete, that speaks volumes.

Athlete  ::)

Scoreboard ; Shawna 0 Arnold's, Olympias or NOCs

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2013, 06:26:04 AM »
Two pro wins , he was a mediocre bodybuilder as well , great ability to convince people he was something more than what he was

Great looking physique no doubt about it , consistent to boot but a whiny bitch on epic proportions , textbook diva

Shawn would've had a lot more wins if he would've competed in the small shows. Personally, I think several top five showings against the top pros of his generation is much more impressive than a win today.
S

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2013, 07:47:19 AM »

Fucking idiotic low IQ dumb piece of shit moron. No i'm not talking about Ray. I'm talking to you dip shiit. STFU and go sit in ur corner.

Now that's what I call a meltdown  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2013, 07:50:48 AM »
Shawn would've had a lot more wins if he would've competed in the small shows. Personally, I think several top five showings against the top pros of his generation is much more impressive than a win today.

Would've , could've all speculation. 2 pro wins in 12 years of trying not impressed. Perhaps Shawn should have realized he wasn't going to win the big one and focus on the smaller shows and he wouldn't have been just Mr consistent

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2013, 08:16:56 AM »
People who missplaced Sean's name, have no say. Im going to have to get Hank Wood back on here.  ;)

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2013, 08:25:38 AM »
Shawn Ray is a Bodybuilding Legend! Thread Over!
no one denies that but i think we are discussing his physique.he is a moron.

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2013, 01:44:06 PM »

(yawn)

Yes physique athlete. That's what they called them before stupidity was allowed to run rampant.

If you work on your physique by not destroying it, by not getting too large for your frame, by working towards classic lines, aesthetics and presentation, then yes, you are a physique 'athlete'.

Zane, Makkawy, Dickerson, Labrada, Ray... some quality physique athletes right there.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2013, 02:00:17 PM »
Shawn Ray is one of my favourite bodybuilders of all time, and I'm a Yates fan. I met him at the 08 Olympia Expo and he was friendly and polite and I got a picture taken with him even though he had to rush off and be somewhere else. I can only give an opinion of him based on my own personal experience so I've got nothing bad to say about him so can't comment on the whole Aceto thing.

Awesome physique and consistent for so many years. Just a shame he was 5'7" and Yates completely out-massed him and had him on conditioning most of the time as well. Those are the breaks unfortunately.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2013, 03:13:50 PM »
shawn ray was not a mediocre bber.......actually one of the best ever.....very consistent........by the way......samir is not a prick.....very nice bloke.....great with the fans.......samir had arguably the best back pound for pound!!

i would rather be 205-210 of near perfection.....than 260-270 of bloated mass with muscle tears......my 2 cents.

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2013, 08:22:11 PM »
You only need to be consistent at the Olympia - once a year - to be legitimate.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2013, 10:35:46 AM »
shawn ray went up against 3 of the toughest mro olympias ever..

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2013, 11:43:51 AM »
shawn ray went up against 3 of the toughest mro olympias ever..

So did everyone else. What does that mean? so did Labrada who beat Haney in a round , something Ray never managed with any of them.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2013, 12:07:32 PM »
So did everyone else. What does that mean? so did Labrada who beat Haney in a round , something Ray never managed with any of them.
TRUE,AND LABRADA LOOKED AWESOME DO U THINK LABRADA WAS BETTER THAN RAY?THEY BOTH HAVE SAME AMOUNT 2ND PLACE MRO RUNNERUPS NO?SHAWN RAY ALWAYS COMPETED FOR THE INTENT OF WINNING MRO,ONLY FEW TIMES DID HE DO OTHER SHOWS IN LATE 80'S EARLY NINTIES THEN AGAIN 95/96 CONTEST SEASON OTHER WISE MRO OR BUST,LABRADA TRIPLED THAT OVER HIS TIME IN TERMS OF COMPETING.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2013, 12:16:51 PM »
TRUE,AND LABRADA LOOKED AWESOME DO U THINK LABRADA WAS BETTER THAN RAY?THEY BOTH HAVE SAME AMOUNT 2ND PLACE MRO RUNNERUPS NO?SHAWN RAY ALWAYS COMPETED FOR THE INTENT OF WINNING MRO,ONLY FEW TIMES DID HE DO OTHER SHOWS IN LATE 80'S EARLY NINTIES THEN AGAIN 95/96 CONTEST SEASON OTHER WISE MRO OR BUST,LABRADA TRIPLED THAT OVER HIS TIME IN TERMS OF COMPETING.

LABRADA WAS BETTER , wait lol he was better better physique in my opinion , more pro wins , actually beat Haney in a round at the Olympia won more pro shows than Ray , beat Shawn more than Shawn beat him

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2013, 01:08:24 PM »
LABRADA WAS BETTER , wait lol he was better better physique in my opinion , more pro wins , actually beat Haney in a round at the Olympia won more pro shows than Ray , beat Shawn more than Shawn beat him
I agree,labrada was great,ray had some of the best full looking bellies muscle wise,front most muscular hands clasped might be best of that era,side chest,his legs were stubby and actually at 87 nationals were too big for upper body,but he was polished and great poser too.he could have gotten 10 or more peo wins if he did all the grand prix shows,ironman,arnold every yr like his contemporaries,and sean would never admit labrada was better or equal but then again no pro admits it if someone looks same or better.

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2013, 01:51:35 PM »

The only thing that Ray had over Labrada was that he could add more size while keeping his aesthetics.

I don't think Labrada had that luxury and I think he did the right thing by retiring when he did. His physique was at the limit of how much size he could aesthetically manage (I think he looked better up to 1992).

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2013, 01:56:08 PM »
Shawn is a fucking hack selling oxygen. Almost as bad as Jay Cutler's mouth piece

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2013, 02:05:28 PM »
The only thing that Ray had over Labrada was that he could add more size while keeping his aesthetics.

I don't think Labrada had that luxury and I think he did the right thing by retiring when he did. His physique was at the limit of how much size he could aesthetically manage (I think he looked better up to 1992).
LABRADA 95 VERSION BEFORE RETIRING WAS AT HIS BIGGEST,WAS PRETTY THICK ARMS WHICH WERE GREAT WERE EVEN FURTHER AND VERY HARD/VASCULAR ALL AROUND BUT STOMACH WAS A BIT WIDER THAN USUAL NOT MUCH BUT U COULD SEE HE PUSHED HIS LIMITS,

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2013, 02:13:56 PM »

What are you talking about?

He won the Arnolds twice, both 1990 and 1991 and got one stripped over some BS testing, like that fucken matters when they are all juiced to the gills. Also he came in second at the Olympia twice, that slaughters any NOC or Arnold win anyway.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2013, 02:20:08 PM »
LABRADA 95 VERSION BEFORE RETIRING WAS AT HIS BIGGEST,WAS PRETTY THICK ARMS WHICH WERE GREAT WERE EVEN FURTHER AND VERY HARD/VASCULAR ALL AROUND BUT STOMACH WAS A BIT WIDER THAN USUAL NOT MUCH BUT U COULD SEE HE PUSHED HIS LIMITS,

His last contest

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2013, 03:08:02 PM »
His last contest

Labrada looked good there. Hard to imagine he placed fifth, his worst ever pro showing...

Just my take on it but I thought Flex Wheeler looked crap in that contest. It was the first time I recognised that 'modern' look - low fat, no detail but hard looking.

Personally, I think that look sucks.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2017, 03:52:39 AM »
those two, he's better than chick and flex wheeler.  i can partially agree he has had his problems with the others.  then again, most athletes bottom out in the business sector, but he was good for his day at promoting himself.

he definitely got the tranny movement going in the ifbb.  greg can thank shawn for his dime piece.

Is this young man, Sasha?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2017, 03:58:15 AM »
Is this young man, Sasha?

Ok - I missed the whole Shawn & the Transvestite Thing,

Cliff notes Please...

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2017, 04:35:35 AM »
He is better than anyone competing today easily. Competing once a year, who cares? Lance Armstrong really only did the Tour De France and he is one of the most famous cyclists ever. (Fuck the stupid drug testing we all know they are all on it).