Author Topic: Could Aspartame Be The Cause Of Bodybuilding Deaths?  (Read 12424 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Could Aspartame Be The Cause Of Bodybuilding Deaths?
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2013, 12:30:52 PM »
Been doing a lot of thinking as of late...taking  inventory and going through articles regarding aspartame. Bodybuilders that "overload" with diet coke/pepsi vs. bodybuilders who refresh their bodies with natural spring/filtered water. We all know that bodybuilders fill up and slake there thirst and hunger with diet soda.

Is there a link? Seriously, this needs to be investigated.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!

Any proof of this activity?
a

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2013, 01:12:01 PM »
 chiro is a doctor

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2013, 01:20:17 PM »
I have a friend who does this same thing every time we go to an erotic dancing club.

lolz

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2013, 01:22:19 PM »
chiro is a doctor

Almost bro, still in school. And while pharmacology and biochemistry is not my speciality, I've still been exposed to both sides of this argument, and seen LEGIT scientific data supporting both sides.

My conclusion: I think it's foolish to make an absolute claim either way. This is because of so much contradictory information gathered from legitimate studies. My personal rule is to use them in extreme moderation, we're talking maybe 1 diet soda a week. I'd rather not take the risk, and honestly, It doesn't take much sacrifice to limit it.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2013, 01:22:54 PM »
chiro is a doctor

1) So?  ::)

2) He's a chiropractor...not a doctor.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2013, 01:24:01 PM »
1) So?  ::)

2) He's a chiropractor...not a doctor.

False.

Chiropractors are legally recognized as doctors, as well as primary care physicians.

Functional neurology is my scope of practice.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2013, 01:24:08 PM »
Almost bro, still in school. And while pharmacology and biochemistry is not my speciality, I've still been exposed to both sides of this argument, and seen LEGIT scientific data supporting both sides.
My conclusion: I think it's foolish to make an absolute claim either way. This is because of so much contradictory information gathered from legitimate studies. My personal rule is to use them in extreme moderation, we're talking maybe 1 diet soda a week. I'd rather not take the risk, and honestly, It doesn't take much sacrifice to limit it.

I've done way more research on this than you. Guaranteed.

I haven't seen this "legit" scientific data supporting both sides.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2013, 01:25:02 PM »
I've done way more research on this than you. Guaranteed.

I haven't seen this "legit" scientific data supporting both sides.

I've done more than you, guaranteed.

What you?

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2013, 01:26:35 PM »
False.

Chiropractors are legally recognized as doctors, as well as primary care physicians.

Functional neurology is my scope of practice.

Not in Canada.

Perhaps in the US. I'll have to take your word for it.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2013, 01:27:18 PM »
Not in Canada.

I don't really care about another countries laws, sorry Hun.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2013, 01:33:13 PM »
In Canada the students that can't make it to medical school go to the USA to become chiropractors.  :-\

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2013, 01:34:43 PM »
Not in Canada.

We don't legitimize quackery.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2013, 01:35:00 PM »
In Canada the students that can't make it to medical school go to the USA to become chiropractors.  :-\

LOL what a stupid country you are from if that's true

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2013, 01:35:32 PM »
We don't legitimize quackery.

Not sure what that means ??? Because your citizens legitimize it with their dollars as well as your insurance companies legitimize it with their dollars. Oh, and your country also accredited the 2 Canadian chiropractic colleges. So your argument is very flawed.

Where did you receive your medical training at?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2013, 01:36:38 PM »
naw.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2013, 01:37:45 PM »
LOL what a stupid country you are from

Hahaha.  :P

I'm honestly just teasing you for the most part.

But one must go to the USA to study chiropractics. It is frowned upon in Canada....or it was. Some type of "chiropractic association" is trying hard to change the negative stigma chiropractics has here in Canada.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2013, 01:43:03 PM »
Hahaha.  :P

I'm honestly just teasing you for the most part.

But one must go to the USA to study chiropractics. It is frowned upon in Canada....or it was. Some type of "chiropractic association" is trying hard to change the negative stigma chiropractics has here in Canada.

Well, the AMA got their ass spanked years ago in a supreme court ruling. The AMA set out to "contain and eliminate the profession of chiropractic" at a time when so many Americans were leaving their GPs in favor of chiropractic care. Chiropractic was a huge threat to their financial security (I don't know why, 2 different scopes of practice.) The AMA launched a smear campaign and that's where much of the modern stigma comes from. The supreme court ruling forced the AMA to retract all false allegations and donate a hefty sum to further chiropractic research.

Chiropractic is not voodoo quackery. It is a conscientious form of health care, backed by research,  that concerns itself primarily with the functional integrity of the human nervous system.

Now, back to aspartame!

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2013, 02:04:35 PM »
True Adonis drinking the semen heavily in this thread  ::)

Youre one of those guys that will stand next to a microwave and refute the idea you are getting radiated unless you "see studies"

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2013, 04:41:30 PM »
True Adonis drinking the semen heavily in this thread  ::)

Youre one of those guys that will stand next to a microwave and refute the idea you are getting radiated unless you "see studies"
Uh, standing next to a microwave is completely safe, moron.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/10/health/10real.html?_r=0

The Claim: People Shouldn’t Stand Too Close to a Microwave

Published: July 10, 2007
THE FACTS

Considering how long microwave ovens have been around, one would think that any concerns about their safety would have been resolved long ago. But many people continue to wonder whether standing next to a microwave while it’s on can expose them to radiation — and if so, how much.

Although microwave ovens can in fact leak radiation, the levels that might be released are fairly minute.

According to the Center for Devices and Radiological Health, a unit of the Food and Drug Administration that regulates microwave oven safety, every microwave that reaches the market must meet a requirement limiting the amount of radiation it can leak in its lifetime to five milliwatts per square centimeter at roughly two inches away from the oven. According to the center, that is far below the levels of radiation that have been shown to harm humans.

(By comparison, the most common cellphones operate at a peak power of about 1.6 watts or less, and most studies have found no evidence linking the phones to health problems.)

Manufacturers of microwave ovens are also required to line the doors of the machines with metal mesh that prevents microwaves from escaping, and to use a type of door latch that stops the production of microwaves whenever the latch is released.

Those features greatly limit exposure to levels of radiation that are already low. And since the radiation levels drop sharply with increasing distance, the levels two feet away are about one-hundredth the amount at two inches.

THE BOTTOM LINE

Proximity to a microwave oven is not dangerous.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2013, 04:43:34 PM »
Uh, standing next to a microwave is completely safe, moron.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/10/health/10real.html?_r=0

The Claim: People Shouldn’t Stand Too Close to a Microwave

Published: July 10, 2007
THE FACTS

Considering how long microwave ovens have been around, one would think that any concerns about their safety would have been resolved long ago. But many people continue to wonder whether standing next to a microwave while it’s on can expose them to radiation — and if so, how much.

Although microwave ovens can in fact leak radiation, the levels that might be released are fairly minute.

According to the Center for Devices and Radiological Health, a unit of the Food and Drug Administration that regulates microwave oven safety, every microwave that reaches the market must meet a requirement limiting the amount of radiation it can leak in its lifetime to five milliwatts per square centimeter at roughly two inches away from the oven. According to the center, that is far below the levels of radiation that have been shown to harm humans.

(By comparison, the most common cellphones operate at a peak power of about 1.6 watts or less, and most studies have found no evidence linking the phones to health problems.)

Manufacturers of microwave ovens are also required to line the doors of the machines with metal mesh that prevents microwaves from escaping, and to use a type of door latch that stops the production of microwaves whenever the latch is released.

Those features greatly limit exposure to levels of radiation that are already low. And since the radiation levels drop sharply with increasing distance, the levels two feet away are about one-hundredth the amount at two inches.

THE BOTTOM LINE

Proximity to a microwave oven is not dangerous.

False. NYTimes is not a peer reviewed publication.

Fail.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2013, 04:45:00 PM »

Fail.
You are a complete moron.  Their data comes from the Center for Devices and Radiological Health, a unit of the Food and Drug Administration which regulates microwave ovens.

No wonder you are into quackery.  You would never make it as a real doctor.   ;)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2013, 04:45:42 PM »
You are a complete moron.  Their data comes from the Center for Devices and Radiological Health, a unit of the Food and Drug Administration which regulates microwave ovens.

No wonder you are into quackery.  You would never make it as a real doctor.   ;)

You fail to provide adequate peer reviewed information. I take this as your sign of defeat.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2013, 04:46:40 PM »
You fail to provide adequate peer reviewed information. I take this as your sign of defeat.

You fail to provide peer reviewed articles showing aspartame is proven to be dangerous to the human body.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2013, 04:47:04 PM »

Fail.
Hope this helps, moron.

http://www.fda.gov/radiation-emittingproducts/resourcesforyouradiationemittingproducts/ucm252762.htm

Microwave Oven Safety Standard
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has the responsibility for carrying out an electronic product radiation control program mandated by the Electronic Product Radiation Control provisions of the Food Drug and Cosmetic Act. Through its Center for Devices and Radiological Health, FDA sets and enforces standards of performance for electronic products to assure that radiation emissions do not pose a hazard to public health.

A Federal standard limits the amount of microwaves that can leak from an oven throughout its lifetime to 5 milliwatts (mW) of microwave radiation per square centimeter at approximately 2 inches from the oven surface. This limit is far below the level known to harm people. Microwave energy also decreases dramatically as you move away from the source of radiation. A measurement made 20 inches from an oven would be approximately one one-hundredth of the value measured at 2 inches.

The standard also requires all ovens to have two independent interlock systems that stop the production of microwaves the moment the latch is released or the door opened. In addition, a monitoring system stops oven operation in case one or both of the interlock systems fail. The noise that many ovens continue to make after the door is open is usually the fan. The noise does not mean that microwaves are being produced. There is no residual radiation remaining after microwave production has stopped. In this regard a microwave oven is much like an electric light that stops glowing when it is turned off.

All ovens must have a label stating that they meet the safety standard. In addition, FDA requires that all ovens have a label explaining precautions for use. This requirement may be dropped if the manufacturer has proven that the oven will not exceed the allowable leakage limit even if used under the conditions cautioned against on the label.

To make sure the standard is met, FDA tests microwave ovens in its own laboratory. FDA also evaluates manufacturers' radiation testing and quality control programs at their factories.

Although FDA believes the standard assures that microwave ovens do not present any radiation hazard, the Agency continues to reassess its adequacy as new information becomes available.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2013, 04:47:41 PM »
You fail to provide peer reviewed articles showing aspartame is proven to be dangerous to the human body.

Typical female move, making this about you.

This is about Adonis and his false opinions.

PS: I'm not home yet, be patient