Author Topic: Do you think Obamas smoking could affect getting him elected?  (Read 2372 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Do you think Obamas smoking could affect getting him elected?
« on: December 31, 2007, 06:14:07 AM »
Is America ready for a chain smoking president? I know he says he only smokes 3 a day, but I heard it is more like a pack.
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Do you think Obamas smoking could affect getting him elected?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 08:41:49 AM »
I think he either quit or is trying to quit?  I'd take smoking into consideration if I was thinking about voting for him. 

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 11:23:12 AM »
he quit.  but if he does win the monination...no doubt the republicans will use that against him. along with his past drug use, his ethnic background, his age...and whatever false rumors and stories they can make up about him.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 11:49:48 AM »
I think he either quit or is trying to quit?  I'd take smoking into consideration if I was thinking about voting for him. 
doesn't Arnold smoke?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 12:01:41 PM »
doesn't Arnold smoke?

Cigars I think?  Clinton smoked cigars too. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 12:01:51 PM »
"Used to smoke".

Hell, there are probably a lot of smokers who would vote for him because 1) He's just like all the other cookie cutter candidates, and 2) they sympathize with him for being a smoker.

You know how two people of nothing similar can strike up a conversation because they're both on a smoke break?  I never have smoked and never will, but you do see an instant comraderie.  Might come into play a bit.  Plus it pales in comparison to habits like mistresses (rudy) and hiring illegals (mitt), if they really want to point out weaknesses...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 12:13:45 PM »
Cigars I think?  Clinton smoked cigars too. 
Not trying to argue anything but aren't cigars dangerous too?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 12:16:43 PM »
"Used to smoke".

Hell, there are probably a lot of smokers who would vote for him because 1) He's just like all the other cookie cutter candidates, and 2) they sympathize with him for being a smoker.

You know how two people of nothing similar can strike up a conversation because they're both on a smoke break?  I never have smoked and never will, but you do see an instant comraderie.  Might come into play a bit.  Plus it pales in comparison to habits like mistresses (rudy) and hiring illegals (mitt), if they really want to point out weaknesses...
might actually be a point here more than any other time, smokers are pissed as hell as all these states are banning them from public.  I guess is someone is willing to put guns ahead of every issue, there are probably people who would do the same with their habits.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 12:41:54 PM »
Not trying to argue anything but aren't cigars dangerous too?

I'm sure anything you smoke can't be good for your lungs and various other parts of your body.

I know a little about the tobacco industry and what smoking does to our bodies, but I don't really know anything about cigars.  Do they contain nicotine and other carcinogens?  Do cigar companies market to kids and do they need kids to stay in business? 

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 01:13:29 PM »
he quit.  but if he does win the monination...no doubt the republicans will use that against him. along with his past drug use, his ethnic background, his age...and whatever false rumors and stories they can make up about him.

How about LACK of EXPERIENCE?
The House that Ruth built

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 01:49:39 PM »
How about LACK of EXPERIENCE?

Tell us about Huck, Mitt, and Rudy's foreign policy experience ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 02:08:49 PM »
I'm sure anything you smoke can't be good for your lungs and various other parts of your body.

I know a little about the tobacco industry and what smoking does to our bodies, but I don't really know anything about cigars.  Do they contain nicotine and other carcinogens?  Do cigar companies market to kids and do they need kids to stay in business? 

I know they contain nicotine and I think they're heavier in some of the carcinogens but it could also be argued they're not as bad because most cigar smokers don't smoke them all day long, it's more of an occational enjoyment.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 02:21:27 PM »
I don't see what smoking would have to do with him being president. As long as his health is ok who cares..

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 02:23:03 PM »
Who cares if he smokes.  Aren't there about a million more important things to consider?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 02:43:50 PM »

Huge difference between expensive latin american cigars and Marlboro reds. Cigar smokers also tend to smoke for pleasure rather then addiction, so they smoke FAR less.

I don't think they'd market $30 cigars to little kids, unless you are talking about phillies blunts or dutch masters, which are garbage and cheap. Most of the cigars smoked by the wealthy are from Cuba, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua and other countries, and are aged and hand rolled.

There are a lot of cigar shops in long island and manhattan.. Mostly older men and professionals are customers.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 04:23:30 PM »
Huge difference between expensive latin american cigars and Marlboro reds. Cigar smokers also tend to smoke for pleasure rather then addiction, so they smoke FAR less.

I don't think they'd market $30 cigars to little kids, unless you are talking about phillies blunts or dutch masters, which are garbage and cheap. Most of the cigars smoked by the wealthy are from Cuba, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua and other countries, and are aged and hand rolled.

There are a lot of cigar shops in long island and manhattan.. Mostly older men and professionals are customers.

Thanks.  That was my impression of cigar smokers (generally older men).  Much different than addicted cigarette smokers, the majority of whom started when they were kids. 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 07:44:41 PM »
Is America ready for a chain smoking president? I know he says he only smokes 3 a day, but I heard it is more like a pack.

if obama wins look for an assasination 3 months later...
carpe` vaginum!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 07:46:42 PM »
Yeah..not to far off....no way this guy should be president.
L

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 07:55:28 PM »
Yeah..not to far off....no way this guy should be president.

noooo i DID NOT SAY THAT

i actually think he SHOULD be prez....i like his style..

but your future prez ws picked 4 yrs ago...hense i dont vioe and never will...

315 mil people in this country and only 2 parties...and out of those 2 parties you r given  ONLY 2 CHOICES....what a load of bullshit..2 choices/...thats democracy eh...how come only 2 f ucking parties represent 300 some million people..its THAT cut n dry? people r either 1 or the other...no 3rd option....lol all hail democracy...hook..line.. .fucking sinker..

democracy my ass....keep buying into the shitbag dog n pony show..
carpe` vaginum!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 08:54:48 PM »
whatever...Obama would be a disaster
L

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 09:45:58 PM »
whatever...Obama would be a disaster

Why?  I don't follow politics, so I need to form my opinion based on getbig.  :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 10:39:20 PM »
Its his naive foreign policy...I don't think he knows what he's doing and I don't think he will attract the right people...race has nothing to do with it.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 10:49:07 PM »
obama is a child, but he would quickly be brought up to speed and given very similar options for situations.

No man/woman possesses all the skills and knowledge necessary to run the biggest and most advanced superpower in history.  They surround themselves with people knowledgeable in this.

Bush's team's goal was to get control of middle east oil and bases - half his admin was on the PNAC team that wrote that big paper in 2000.  It has been a blueprint for the preseidency.  We don't like the ugliness of a "new pearl harbor" being 911 or the subsequent wars of oil and bases in caspian basin and arabia, but we'll be glad we have them when oil gets low, china gets more competitive, arabs stop shooting each other over the koran and figure out what they're sitting on, or Putin decides to accept Bush's offer of COld War II.

THe Bush preseidency actually was a very successful one, in that they very clearly achieved the goals they wrote down in 2000 lol...

Obama would do fine, as would most of these folks.  His running mate would be a Biden or someone with experience.  Or, the joint chiefs would set him stright quickly. 

Everyone running would do a good job at meeting their goals.  What we vote for is their GOALs.  Ron Paul wants to end the war, and could do that.  Rudy wants to grow the war and invade iran, he'd be very successful at that.   We vote for the person and they do their thing!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2008, 02:05:44 AM »

noooo i DID NOT SAY THAT

i actually think he SHOULD be prez....i like his style..

but your future prez ws picked 4 yrs ago...hense i dont vioe and never will...

315 mil people in this country and only 2 parties...and out of those 2 parties you r given  ONLY 2 CHOICES....what a load of bullshit..2 choices/...thats democracy eh...how come only 2 f ucking parties represent 300 some million people..its THAT cut n dry? people r either 1 or the other...no 3rd option....lol all hail democracy...hook..line.. .fucking sinker..

democracy my ass....keep buying into the shitbag dog n pony show..
blaaaa blaaa blaaa.... tell us something we don't know...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2008, 02:09:36 AM »
obama is a child,
well I ain't voting for him but is he any less experienced than when Bush took office?  Hell fucking no...  Considering his age, education and calling the Iraq war right on the money before it started, I wouldn't call him a child.