Author Topic: "Pray for the family"  (Read 3854 times)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Re: "Pray for the family"
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2009, 06:39:32 PM »
our brains aren't complex enough to understand how our brains work.

So it's probably safe to say our brains couldn't comprehend some force that created us, or any life forms more evolved than us.

If there are aliens, if there's a God, we sure as heck wouldn't be able to understand them anyway, with our pea brains.

Then we shouldn't care about stuff like that. Just let it be...

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2009, 06:41:48 PM »

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2009, 06:44:00 PM »
again, this is irrelevent as religion isnt based on scientific rationale...its an ambiguous belief adopted by an individual.

I have no problem with spirituality or believing there is a God of whatever form or fashion as you see fit.  It's just that organized religion is a crock and a scam.  Find out for yourself and think for yourself not what some men from who knows when told you in a book that is considered "the truth"  I actually feel Christianity is very earth bound and limiting, is there not more to it than what is here on this earth, a speck of sand on all the beaches of the world in comparison to the universe?

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2009, 06:45:10 PM »

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2009, 06:53:11 PM »
thanks dude.

i am a practising roman catholic - i dont try to convert anyone

i spend 40mins a week in a building with otehr like minded people praying together. What harm am i doing/ none.
:o

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2009, 07:32:23 PM »
our brains aren't complex enough to understand how our brains work.

So it's probably safe to say our brains couldn't comprehend some force that created us, or any life forms more evolved than us.

If there are aliens, if there's a God, we sure as heck wouldn't be able to understand them anyway, with our pea brains.

you are probably correct- whats more, we probably wont EVER be able to comprehend how our brain works, which is why we design and build hardware to do it for us..by piecing together bits we do understand, or have learnt, and then getting a machine to tie it all up. that being said, we're still 100s, if not 1000s of years from piecing it all together and making a machine that can be used as a model.

apparently we have created a complete structure of how a mouse's brain works so far...and apparently its 1 kazillion trillion billion times less complex than our own.