Author Topic: Billions in aid go to areas that backed Obama in '08  (Read 1700 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Billions in aid go to areas that backed Obama in '08
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2009, 08:23:45 AM »
Are we even reading the same posts.

When did I say anything was  no brainer?  I merely offered plausible reasons why certain areas might be getting more $$'s.

Why do you choose to ignore a quote from the same article from an investigator from Project from Govt Oversight that says it's too early to draw any conclusion about anything?

Can't you find something real to be upset about

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 08:27:03 AM »
Are we even reading the same posts.

When did I say anything was  no brainer?  I merely offered plausible reasons why certain areas might be getting more $$'s.

Why do you choose to ignore a quote from the same article from an investigator from Project from Govt Oversight that says it's too early to draw any conclusion about anything?

Can't you find something real to be upset about
oh there is plenty but you and your obama lacky friends dont post in those threads...

LOL it also says right above that, that the stimulus favors states that voted for obama by 20% more per person...that doesnt sound off to you? I dont need to wait and see to tell you this is cronism on some level just like nobody had to wait and see if halliburton was cronism on some level...get it

NOW GO RESPOND TO MY QUESTION ON THE RELIGION BOARD, please  ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 08:51:16 AM »
oh there is plenty but you and your obama lacky friends dont post in those threads...

LOL it also says right above that, that the stimulus favors states that voted for obama by 20% more per person...that doesnt sound off to you? I dont need to wait and see to tell you this is cronism on some level just like nobody had to wait and see if halliburton was cronism on some level...get it

why are you so cranky today.  I've been critical of Obama on certain issues but I'm not going to get upset about non-issues like this. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2009, 08:56:13 AM »

Doesn't matter Tony. You got teh arms. 8)
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009, 08:58:03 AM »
why are you so cranky today.  I've been critical of Obama on certain issues but I'm not going to get upset about non-issues like this. 
LOL i just have more time then usual on my hands today, point still stands this isnt any different really then bush and cheney giving halliburton the contracts for iraq that everybody got up in arms about. Ppl bitched and moaned about that didnt they? they didnt wait to see the results did they? halliburton has done a pretty good job in iraq havent they?

go respond to my religious board question....

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2009, 08:58:50 AM »
Doesn't matter Tony. You got teh arms. 8)
;D LOL i think they might be shrinking though dieting down but my shoulders look bigger

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2009, 09:06:45 AM »
LOL i just have more time then usual on my hands today, point still stands this isnt any different really then bush and cheney giving halliburton the contracts for iraq that everybody got up in arms about. Ppl bitched and moaned about that didnt they? they didnt wait to see the results did they? halliburton has done a pretty good job in iraq havent they?

go respond to my religious board question....

it's completely different starting with the obvious that there is no confirmed link yet.

if you would like me to consider responding to a question on another board then at least post a link

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2009, 09:10:56 AM »
it's completely different starting with the obvious that there is no confirmed link yet.

if you would like me to consider responding to a question on another board then at least post a link
actually there is a link as in counties that supported obama recieve twice as much stimulus money as those who didnt as stated in the article...LINK there you see?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=287840.new#new lazy ass ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2009, 09:19:52 AM »
actually there is a link as in counties that supported obama recieve twice as much stimulus money as those who didnt as stated in the article...LINK there you see?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=287840.new#new lazy ass ;D

are you referring that article that also said:   "it's too soon to draw meaningful conclusions about whether the type of aid in the stimulus favors Obama's constituents"

how many times do you want to ride the merri-go-round?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2009, 09:52:46 AM »
are you referring that article that also said:   "it's too soon to draw meaningful conclusions about whether the type of aid in the stimulus favors Obama's constituents"

Wherever it goes, it is a failure. 

By his own definition, Obama's stimulus bill is a failure. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2009, 09:54:25 AM »
Wherever it goes, it is a failure. 

By his own definition, Obama's stimulus bill is a failure.  

really?

what % of the money has even been distributed?

Isn't the stimulus ~ 1/3 tax cuts?  Are those a failure too?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2009, 10:07:12 AM »
really?

what % of the money has even been distributed?

Isn't the stimulus ~ 1/3 tax cuts?  Are those a failure too?

Yes.  Those were not tax cuts, they were hand outs. 

Even if only 10 or 15% of the money has been spent it is showing that the priorities of the bill are out of whack.  You and I debated this many times and I told you that this would happen.  This was not a stimulus bill or jobs bill, but a pork bill.

The private sector is not hiring because this money is not going to the private sector, but govt.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2009, 10:11:23 AM »
Yes.  Those were not tax cuts, they were hand outs. 

Even if only 10 or 15% of the money has been spent it is showing that the priorities of the bill are out of whack.  You and I debated this many times and I told you that this would happen.  This was not a stimulus bill or jobs bill, but a pork bill.

The private sector is not hiring because this money is not going to the private sector, but govt.   

the stimulus package was 35% tax cuts and 65% spending (and only ~ 10% of the funds have been disbursed)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2009, 11:43:44 AM »
the stimulus package was 35% tax cuts and 65% spending (and only ~ 10% of the funds have been disbursed)

Those did not stimulate anything because people either paid credit cards down or saved the money. 

Most of the spending goes to china anyway. 

This is not a stimuls bill and you and I have been over this many times. 

The only way to stimulate activity in this country is to cut tax rates, mandates, regulations, etc. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2009, 11:50:26 AM »
again - the current stimulus package is 35% tax cuts

the other 65% was spending and I'm not aware of any of it going to China or coming to me to paydown my credit card

Spending creates more stimulation to the economy than tax cuts.

This link does video doesn't include Schiff screaming that the sky is falling so you probably won't watch it but it does include good info on the stimulative effects of tax cuts vs. govt. spending.

http://www.freemarketproject.org/articles/2009/20090204133834.aspx 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2009, 11:58:33 AM »
again - the current stimulus package is 35% tax cuts

the other 65% was spending and I'm not aware of any of it going to China or coming to me to paydown my credit card

Spending creates more stimulation to the economy than tax cuts.

This link does video doesn't include Schiff screaming that the sky is falling so you probably won't watch it but it does include good info on the stimulative effects of tax cuts vs. govt. spending.

http://www.freemarketproject.org/articles/2009/20090204133834.aspx 

The stim bil is merely proping up state budgets which need to be reduced. 

A tax cut is when you treduce someones tax rate.  They gave a credit or rebate check or whatever you want to call it. 

This entire fiasco is not going to work and more and more people realize it, including Buffett, Powell, Rogers, Cashin, Cramer, et al.

Even Krugman is admitting this plan was not focused correctly, as I said even though I disagree with Krugman on other things. 

There is only 5% to infrastructure while the rest is utter nonsense. 

Even Neuro on the Stocks board agreed this is 90% pork nonsense.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2009, 12:08:52 PM »

LOL youll be saying the same shit in 10 years, again you dont have to wait for certain things when it is shit it isnt suddenly not going to be shit...again did halliburton do a good job in iraq? where they not a viable candidate for the job? yet cheney got blasted for that, why? obviously there is a link between counties that voted for obama and those who recieve more stimulus money...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2009, 12:10:20 PM »
LOL youll be saying the same shit in 10 years, again you dont have to wait for certain things when it is shit it isnt suddenly not going to be shit...again did halliburton do a good job in iraq? where they not a viable candidate for the job? yet cheney got blasted for that, why? obviously there is a link between counties that voted for obama and those who recieve more stimulus money...

we won't need to wait 10 years but we should at least wait until the f'ng money has been spent.  Only 10% has even been distributed. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2009, 12:29:49 PM »
we won't need to wait 10 years but we should at least wait until the f'ng money has been spent.  Only 10% has even been distributed. 
ok well how do you feel about that 10% then? we can talk about that since its already out...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2009, 12:30:48 PM »

Here is the problem, its not stimulating since the states are not using the money for projects.  They are using it for payroll since there never was this so called "shovel ready" nonsense they lied about.  

This whole bill is a complete fraud; based on fraudulent theories and ideas; was born of fraudulent intent, and is going to be a complete disaster.  

Check out Jim Morici, a noted economist why this wont work.  Go to 5:45.  This plan is a joke and many of us said it at the time.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2009, 01:26:32 PM »

Check this out.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2009, 01:46:40 PM »
Here is the problem, its not stimulating since the states are not using the money for projects.  They are using it for payroll since there never was this so called "shovel ready" nonsense they lied about.  

This whole bill is a complete fraud; based on fraudulent theories and ideas; was born of fraudulent intent, and is going to be a complete disaster.  

Check out Jim Morici, a noted economist why this wont work.  Go to 5:45.  This plan is a joke and many of us said it at the time.  

Cramer=fraud too
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2009, 01:50:16 PM »
Yes, but his rationale is correct here.