Author Topic: Fedor comments on UFC suitation  (Read 7125 times)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
Fedor comments on UFC suitation
« on: July 18, 2009, 12:02:50 PM »
Fedor: ‘I don’t think you’ll see me in the UFC’
July 17, 2009 by Cory Brady   
Filed under Breaking News, Fedor Emelianenko
16 Comments

When is Fedor Emelianenko coming to the UFC? Well, according to “The Last Emperor” himself, the odds of that happening anytime soon aren’t looking too good.

We all know the storyline, The UFC says Fedor’s management is unreasonable, and Fedor’s management feels like the UFC contract is far too restrictive.

The king of the heavyweight division recently echoed his uncertainty that he will ever fight in the UFC in the first of a two part interview with Bas Rutten on Inside MMA.

Fedor’s recent comments come on the heels of a statement by Dana White during the UFC 100 post fight press conference where the UFC president was quoted as saying,”“Eventually Fedor’s going to be here. I want Fedor. I want him to come to the UFC.”

Emelianenko did not share White’s enthusiasm at the prospect in the recent conversation with Rutten.

“At the present time, I don’t think so,” said Fedor. “I don’t think you’ll see me in the UFC, just because the terms, and the manner that those terms are offered are not acceptable today.”

It will be interesting to see how things play out with Emelianenko following his August 1 Affliction showdown with Josh Barnett in regards to where he ends up.

The ball certainly appears to be resting in Fedor’s court at this time because ultimately it’s up to him where he fights.

ShareThis

Tags:

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: Fedor comments on UFC suitation
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 05:49:18 PM »
you have to admire the guy for standing his ground however disappointing the results may be.

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 01:29:16 AM »
He's scared of Big Brock.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 04:18:29 AM »
He doesn't want to sell his soul to that piece of shit dana white, I commend him for it. The UFC offered him a very strict one sided contract, they want to own his image, rights, and exclusivity, which is b.s Fedor loves his annual Sambo world tournaments, it's his hobby, Basically dana doesn't want Fedor to be seen anywhere doing anything unless it's making the UFC money. I hate him for that, he's not a businessman, a businessman will compromise when/where needed, dana is all one sided and just about the $$$$

The most important thing Fedor revealed about the UFC conditions was: if you keep winning the contract is automatically extended (without option to say no and sign somewhere as a free agent) but as soon as you have one loss the UFC can dump you on your ass... how fair is that shit !?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 09:26:09 AM »
i respect fedors principles and how he stands by them, but i have a strange feeling that danas gonna offer fedor some outrages amount of cash like (3 million dollars) for a one fight deal and you know what they say, everyone has a price. i hope fedor holds out till dana loosens up that contract and doesnt ask all those crazy stipulations, i think fedor will stand strong and not sell out
R

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »
He's scared of Big Brock.

this shits been goin on since brock was suplexing bozo's in WWE.Believe it or not the fighting world doesn't revolve around Lesner & his few fights.
DAWG

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 10:35:10 AM »
this shits been goin on since brock was suplexing bozo's in WWE.Believe it or not the fighting world doesn't revolve around Lesner & his few fights.

Fedor knows damn well he doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of beating Brock. Remember when Fedor and Randy was supposed to be the "superfight"? Well after what Brock did to Randy Fedor wisened up and there is no way he will step in the ring with big Brock. His legacy will be a guy with a small following and a few thousand people on the internet claiming he is a God for beating a bunch of cans. Brock on the other hand will be a global superstar.
E

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 10:38:05 AM »
Fedor knows damn well he doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of beating Brock. Remember when Fedor and Randy was supposed to be the "superfight"? Well after what Brock did to Randy Fedor wisened up and there is no way he will step in the ring with big Brock. His legacy will be a guy with a small following and a few thousand people on the internet claiming he is a God for beating a bunch of cans. Brock on the other hand will be a global superstar.

brock will be KO'd in his very next fight.
DAWG

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 10:53:23 AM »
brock will be KO'd in his very next fight.

Other than a small mistake he made in his first fight(which he avenged savagely), no one has even come close to hurting the guy. If Fedor had a pair or balls he would come over and fight Brock. If he is successful the money will come, he is just yellow.
E

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 11:39:50 AM »
Other than a small mistake he made in his first fight(which he avenged savagely), no one has even come close to hurting the guy. If Fedor had a pair or balls he would come over and fight Brock. If he is successful the money will come, he is just yellow.

youre joking ;D

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 11:47:23 AM »
youre joking ;D

No I am not. People thought Cro-Crop was going to come here and destroy the competition, same with Big Nog, look how that turned out.
E

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 11:54:51 AM »
Fedor's proven all he needs to. Even if he retired today, he'd still go down as the greatest MMA fighter to ever live. The guy's got a family to provide for and has earned the right to not get fucked in the ass by the Dana White UFC war machine that sticks it to so many fighters. He said years ago that one of his favorite things about the Japanese organizations was that they didn't care about him competing in his sambo tournaments and what not.

It will probably happen in the end. My guess is that the UFC will give him what he wants so they can make the fight happen.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 11:58:20 AM »
No I am not. People thought Cro-Crop was going to come here and destroy the competition, same with Big Nog, look how that turned out.

are you saying brock is a super human unstopable force from which all other fighters will crumble in front of?or are you just saying he's the flavor of the month?
DAWG

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 02:43:30 PM »
danielson is spot on with his posts.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2009, 03:30:57 PM »
Fedor USED to fight top competition. Besides Barnett, he has not fought anyone great in YEARS.
I think Fedor is dodging the UFC. What if he has one fight in the UFC and gets beat?
He is smart to stay away from the UFC. He is also being a pu55y.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 03:35:35 PM »
Just before the last take down of Mir, Lesnar took some good shots ( a few punches and a couple of knees) and didn't seem phased at all.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 04:42:35 PM »
He doesn't want to sell his soul to that piece of shit dana white, I commend him for it. The UFC offered him a very strict one sided contract, they want to own his image, rights, and exclusivity, which is b.s Fedor loves his annual Sambo world tournaments, it's his hobby, Basically dana doesn't want Fedor to be seen anywhere doing anything unless it's making the UFC money. I hate him for that, he's not a businessman, a businessman will compromise when/where needed, dana is all one sided and just about the $$$$

The most important thing Fedor revealed about the UFC conditions was: if you keep winning the contract is automatically extended (without option to say no and sign somewhere as a free agent) but as soon as you have one loss the UFC can dump you on your ass... how fair is that shit !?

spot on :)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 04:44:57 PM »
Fedor USED to fight top competition. Besides Barnett, he has not fought anyone great in YEARS.
I think Fedor is dodging the UFC. What if he has one fight in the UFC and gets beat?
He is smart to stay away from the UFC. He is also being a pu55y.

If anything, Brock has proven that the competition in the UFC is a fucking JOKE. The guy has been fighting MMA for a year and he's already far and away the best fighter in the division. That's embarrassing and incredibly pathetic. Affliction has a much better talent pool.

Your UFC dick sucking is amusing, though. Still hammering away at it even at the last time you got owned.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 05:58:08 PM »
Dana should dangle a carrot and offer him a one-fight deal with a decent win bonus.  If he loses then he can slink back to where he came from, if he wins, the money will be too good to refuse and he'll sign a proper contract.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 06:09:18 PM »
Fedor destroyed 5 former ufc champs in their prime and has never lost a fight. Brock has fought 4 mma fights, lost one of them and beaten two washed up old men that he outweighed by 100 pounds. The fact that Brock has a championship belt is a testament to how god awful the heavyweight divsion is in the ufc. Fedor has earned the right to fight according to his terms. Nuff said.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 07:26:08 PM »
Fedor destroyed 5 former ufc champs in their prime and has never lost a fight. Brock has fought 4 mma fights, lost one of them and beaten two washed up old men that he outweighed by 100 pounds. The fact that Brock has a championship belt is a testament to how god awful the heavyweight divsion is in the ufc. Fedor has earned the right to fight according to his terms. Nuff said.

Who has Fedor fought recently that wasn't washed up, besides that 145lb Jap?  What UFC champ was in his prime when he fought Fedor? LOL.

Personally, I would like to see Fedor in the UFC, but they aren't going to make a special contract just for him and I don't think they are asking anything more from him than they ask of anyone else that signs with them.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 10:46:26 PM »
What guy in their prime has Brock fought? Randy at 45? A Nog that has taken beating after beating (albeit winning his fights) for the last 10 years? A 1-1 record against a shitty, shitty fighter named Frank Mir who got hyped up as an above average fighter by the UFC? Seriously, the guy hasn't proven shit. The fact that he's "dominated" the UFC HW division is a testament to how shitty that division is and not how "good" Brock is. He's good for what reason? Beating up Frank Mir? I wouldn't even consider Mir a top 10 HW.

It's funny that most of the people jocking Fedor were the same guys singing Arlovski's and Sylvia's praises. How many former UFC champs does the guy need to beat? He's beaten the best in PRIDE. He's beaten the best UFC HW fighters of this decade.

The guy's earned the right to do what he wants. And I somehow doubt he really gives a shit what all of us think anyway. He fights for his family and himself, not to build up Dana's wallet.

Regardless, Barnett is still probably the third or fourth best HW and could probably give Brock a run for his money. So we'll see how Fedor does against him. It still took the "legendary giant killing" Brock more than a round to beat Frank "LOL I'm Terrible" Mir.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2009, 10:53:26 PM »
A Nog that has taken beating after beating (albeit winning his fights) for the last 10 years?

lesnar has'nt fought nog yet !!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2009, 11:06:35 PM »

lesnar has'nt fought nog yet !!!!

Haha, it's late here. I meant to say Heath Herring. Same thing. Years past his prime and not even a shell of the former fighter he was (who Fedor annihilated when he WAS at his peak). 

Either way, the point still stands. Ol' Brock hasn't proven shit. Only thing he's shown is that he's capable of beating the fighters he should be beating.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 02:32:15 AM »
to be honest i dont think brock has beaten enough top people yet to be considered the best, if he beats cain and carwin then he needs to fight fedor imo to be called the best out there now
R