Author Topic: GEORGE LYNCH: Bodybuilding Was 'One Of The Silliest Things I've Ever Done'  (Read 27711 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
I'm more of a Steve Vai kind of guy when it comes to guitar players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIK-coBVe0A&playnext_from=TL&videos=h259rYTcyvQ

Ditto...I like Vai's style and sound..he's really out there.

I'd like him even more if he didn't act like a homo with the faces and gay moves when he's wailing

Lumberjack88

• Getbig III
  • "Big Dreamers Never Sleep" - David Lee Roth
Since we're talking about a guitarist here, and many of you seem to play guitar... has anybody here checked out the Axe Fx?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem

I'd like him even more if he didn't act like a homo with the faces and gay moves when he's wailing

this guys music is generally pretty weird and i dont get into it too much (with the exception of a couple masterpieces), but as a guitarist id say he is overall the best in the world.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Vai is amazing but I'm sure the best guitar player in the world is probably playing in some shitty club right now just waiting to be discovered. 

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
Since we're talking about a guitarist here, and many of you seem to play guitar... has anybody here checked out the Axe Fx?

It looks like an outboard FX processor. Nothing special. Do you absolutely NEED an outboard piece of gear for gigging or are you just feeling like you need it? If it's the latter, sit it out.

I used to swear by amps, tube and solid-state alike. I'm more than fine with software nowadays. I still have a few amps and combos, but they get less and less play by the day.
Almost always, yes.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
Vai is amazing but I'm sure the best guitar player in the world is probably playing in some shitty club right now just waiting to be discovered.  

IMO there is no "best" guitar player...depends on what you like. there are thousands of guys who are technical freaks and can do anything with a guitar

Perfect example....my brother was having his house painted, and the painter happened to notice my bros electric sitting there. So he asks if he can pick it up and proceeds to crack off some seriously insane shit while he's still talking to us

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
IMO there is no "best" guitar player...depends on what you like. there are thousands of guys who are technical freaks and can do anything with a guitar

Perfect example....my brother was having his house painted, and the painter happened to notice my bros electric sitting there. So he asks if he can pick it up and proceeds to crack off some seriously insane shit while he's still talking to us

thats the cool thing about today...back in the day the only way to hear a guitarist was to hear their album, or to see them personally. the great players like Eddie van halen were looked at like Gods and left most people thinking they were some kind of superhumans who were famous because they could do things no one else could....nowadays we have youtube and we can see that there are literally tens of thousands of random people out there who are just as talented as the 'stars'. kind of puts a damper on their mystique and sense of awe when you realise theres 12,000 dudes playing in their rooms somewhere who are just as good as the 'stars'.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!

Isn't it mandatory for all great guitarists to all that weird shit with their mouth?  SRV, Hendrix, Page, etc... ;D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
What a fag - musclewise.
His play is cool - somewhat cheesy.
Technique is stellar.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Isn't it mandatory for all great guitarists to all that weird shit with their mouth?  SRV, Hendrix, Page, etc... ;D

All three were notorious druggies so maybe that had something to do with it ;D

....if anyone wants to hear and see great fucking guitar then they should youtube SRV's "Scuttle Buttin" 8)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V

LOL.

Yeah but they were cool looking, Vai looks like a geek and prances around like a cross between Liberace and a runway model

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second