Author Topic: STARTING TO HAVE A NEW APPRECIATION FOR TRUMP  (Read 13375 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
STARTING TO HAVE A NEW APPRECIATION FOR TRUMP
« on: July 20, 2015, 06:57:36 AM »
Yes we all know his statements are ignorant and he is somewhat ill-informed on the issues....but I have to admit , shamefully so, that Trump does have some appeal to me and it explains why he's so high in the polls...

He says exactly what he means.....there's no bullshit and no spin doctors.....I was watching an interview with Gov Scott Walker on CNN this Sunday and the interview was frustrating, and infuriating....he wouldn't answer a definitive yes or no to anything and when asked to elaborate he would say "I just did" when he actually didn't.....he changed positions and then claimed he hadn't....

It just struck me that watching interviews with politicians is such a waste of time because they don't say anything substantive.....and the ducking, dodging and weaving is just painful to watch.....

Donald Trump says what he means and means what he says...He's actually a symptom of whats wrong with American politics...I had no problem  with what he said about John McCain because McCain has been coasting on his record for years...he hasn't done anything substantive in the senate for years and has wasted the last 7 years criticizing Obama on TV...Trump said that McCain spends all of his time on TV, says nothing and has done nothing for Veterans....

staight to the point.....  and probably factual......you don't have to wonder or try to figure out where Trump stands..you KNOW.

My opinion on Trump is softening somewhat but its still a scary thought that he would be president and in charge of our nuclear arsenal :o

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: STARTING TO HAVE A NEW APPRECIATION FOR TRUMP
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 11:40:42 AM »
I agree.

He is almost anti-politician in the way he conducts himself, and you know you will get a definitive answer, when asking questions.

Its both refreshing and entertaining.

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 12:38:59 PM »
Yes we all know his statements are ignorant and he is somewhat ill-informed on the issues....but I have to admit , shamefully so, that Trump does have some appeal to me and it explains why he's so high in the polls...

He says exactly what he means.....there's no bullshit and no spin doctors.....I was watching an interview with Gov Scott Walker on CNN this Sunday and the interview was frustrating, and infuriating....he wouldn't answer a definitive yes or no to anything and when asked to elaborate he would say "I just did" when he actually didn't.....he changed positions and then claimed he hadn't....

It just struck me that watching interviews with politicians is such a waste of time because they don't say anything substantive.....and the ducking, dodging and weaving is just painful to watch.....

Donald Trump says what he means and means what he says...He's actually a symptom of whats wrong with American politics...I had no problem  with what he said about John McCain because McCain has been coasting on his record for years...he hasn't done anything substantive in the senate for years and has wasted the last 7 years criticizing Obama on TV...Trump said that McCain spends all of his time on TV, says nothing and has done nothing for Veterans....

staight to the point.....  and probably factual......you don't have to wonder or try to figure out where Trump stands..you KNOW.

My opinion on Trump is softening somewhat but its still a scary thought that he would be president and in charge of our nuclear arsenal :o

Lol....I shamefully admit that I kind of agree with you

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 01:38:19 PM »
There is nothing noble about what Trump is saying.  He's an idiot.  An inability to control your mouth, especially when you have such a large platform, is not a virtue.  He is a joke. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 02:15:03 PM »
An inability to control your mouth, especially when you have such a large platform, is not a virtue.

this is america.  freedom of speech gives every person the right to say anything they want, as loudly as they want, even if it's rude, ignorant, brilliant, stupid, or anything else... even anti-american, ironically.

people as diverse as charles manson, to ted bundy, to sarah palin, to donald trump...

If you're really upset he's abusing his national platform, I'm really surprised.  I dont think you are tho.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 02:48:43 PM »
this is america.  freedom of speech gives every person the right to say anything they want, as loudly as they want, even if it's rude, ignorant, brilliant, stupid, or anything else... even anti-american, ironically.

people as diverse as charles manson, to ted bundy, to sarah palin, to donald trump...

If you're really upset he's abusing his national platform, I'm really surprised.  I dont think you are tho.

What the heck does this have to do with free speech? 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 03:35:26 PM »
I agree.

He is almost anti-politician in the way he conducts himself, and you know you will get a definitive answer, when asking questions.

Its both refreshing and entertaining.

it is refreshing in a sense...just to have a guy say what he really means is different

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 03:37:51 PM »
There is nothing noble about what Trump is saying.  He's an idiot.  An inability to control your mouth, especially when you have such a large platform, is not a virtue.  He is a joke.  

the content may not be noble.....but the actual willingness to voice his opinion and not apologize for it is a virtue...and to speak out against his opponents and actually criticize them in a way that they are not used to is awesome to watch quite frankly..calling Rick Perry dumb was amazing ;D...a lot of people believe this

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 03:41:18 PM »
the content may not be noble.....but the actual willingness to voice his opinion and not apologize for it is a virtue...and to speak out against his opponents and actually criticize them in a way that they are not used to is awesome to watch quit frankly..calling Rick Perry dumb was amazing ;D

A virtue is knowing when and how to use words in the appropriate setting.  True intelligence includes self-control.  Good leadership encompasses the ability to deal with critics and opponents with class and dignity.  Trump fails all of those tests.  

I never thought he was viable, but his comments about McCain will ensure he maintains his sideshow status for as long as he remains in the campaign.  

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 03:48:54 PM »
A virtue is knowing when and how to use words in the appropriate setting.  True intelligence includes self-control.  Good leadership encompasses the ability to deal with critics and opponents with class and dignity.  Trump fails all of those tests.  

I never thought he was viable, but his comments about McCain will ensure he maintains his sideshow status for as long as he remains in the campaign.  

I think a lot of it is joking actually....I think a part of trump's act is making people laugh..he lacks political intelligence......but this is how he deals with critics...remember Rosie O'Donnell???..he totally destroyed her by calling her fat and disgusting and a pig all over the media

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 04:07:45 PM »
I think a lot of it is joking actually....I think a part of trump's act is making people laugh..he lacks political intelligence......but this is how he deals with critics...remember Rosie O'Donnell???..he totally destroyed her by calling her fat and disgusting and a pig all over the media

He might be joking, but it doesn't really matter.  I doubt people think he is actually joking.  And even if he is, those are not the kinds of "jokes" the president should be telling. 

I remember his comments about her.  They were kinda funny.  But those were comments made by an entertainer.  They are not the kind of comments that should be made someone who wants to be president. 

He lacks all sorts of intelligence, but his biggest problem is he never really has people tell him "no."  It's sort of like Michael Jackson and others with extreme amounts of money and fame.  They are surrounded by people who do nothing but kiss their rear ends all day every day.  They are not used to having to control what they say (or do), because they don't need too.  That's partly why you see young professional athletes doing stupid stuff all the time too. 

Trump knows business and how to make money.  He doesn't know how to control his own behavior well enough to be president.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 09:28:19 PM »
He might be joking, but it doesn't really matter.  I doubt people think he is actually joking.  And even if he is, those are not the kinds of "jokes" the president should be telling. 

I remember his comments about her.  They were kinda funny.  But those were comments made by an entertainer.  They are not the kind of comments that should be made someone who wants to be president. 

He lacks all sorts of intelligence, but his biggest problem is he never really has people tell him "no."  It's sort of like Michael Jackson and others with extreme amounts of money and fame.  They are surrounded by people who do nothing but kiss their rear ends all day every day.  They are not used to having to control what they say (or do), because they don't need too.  That's partly why you see young professional athletes doing stupid stuff all the time too. 

Trump knows business and how to make money.  He doesn't know how to control his own behavior well enough to be president.   

It's refreshing to see you hating on the republican frontrunner like this.

SOOOO MANY getbig "republicans" have turned from "Trump is a joke" to "i like what Trump is saying" because the polls tell them what to think. 

it's nice to see you aren't just kneepadding the #1 polling repub like the rest of the "independently thinking conservatives" seem to do.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 08:15:54 AM »

yes but he cuts right through all the bull......I love that he called Perry "dumb" and that he criticized McCain......and I think Trump is right on his criticism of McCain...he's been living off that war record for a very long time...and hasn't done much of substance since he lost to Obama...and I'm not sure, but what HAS he done for Veterans???...Trump is right that someone needs to run against McCain and beat him...he's become irrelevant

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 02:09:09 PM »
yes but he cuts right through all the bull......I love that he called Perry "dumb" and that he criticized McCain......and I think Trump is right on his criticism of McCain...he's been living off that war record for a very long time...and hasn't done much of substance since he lost to Obama...and I'm not sure, but what HAS he done for Veterans???...Trump is right that someone needs to run against McCain and beat him...he's become irrelevant

You have to distinguish between locker room and table talk and the things you say in a public forum.  People who lack self control say whatever they are thinking, regardless of the forum.  That's not the sign of a good leader. 

Even if we assume McCain hasn't done enough for veterans, that really doesn't give someone like Trump license to say whatever he wants in public.  The man has no class.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 02:09:35 PM »
It's refreshing to see you hating on the republican frontrunner like this.

SOOOO MANY getbig "republicans" have turned from "Trump is a joke" to "i like what Trump is saying" because the polls tell them what to think. 

it's nice to see you aren't just kneepadding the #1 polling repub like the rest of the "independently thinking conservatives" seem to do.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 02:42:07 PM »
Amazing speech by Trump in his latest appearance......absolute ly awesome entertainment...he totally destroyed everyone...especially Bush and Lindsay Graham ;D ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 03:41:12 PM »
Even if we assume McCain hasn't done enough for veterans, that really doesn't give someone like Trump license to say whatever he wants in public.  The man has no class.   

who the fck needs "license" to say anything in america?  He says what he wants, no matter how idiotic.

I think the saddest thing you feel, dos equis, is shame that Trump now has a double digit lead over the other repubs.  The base of the party has passed "low info voter" and perhaps devolved to "emotional, venom-based voter" we haven't seen since Glen Rice's girlfriend ran for office.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 03:50:37 PM »
who the fck needs "license" to say anything in america?  He says what he wants, no matter how idiotic.

I think the saddest thing you feel, dos equis, is shame that Trump now has a double digit lead over the other repubs.  The base of the party has passed "low info voter" and perhaps devolved to "emotional, venom-based voter" we haven't seen since Glen Rice's girlfriend ran for office.

::)  You liberals are in love with Trump because you think he will harm the GOP.  Enjoy him while you can.  His 15 minutes will be up after a while. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 03:53:19 PM »
::)  You liberals are in love with Trump because you think he will harm the GOP.  Enjoy him while you can.  His 15 minutes will be up after a while. 

yeah, you're the dude who told us the only way he makes a dent in the polls is by using his vast fortune $$$.

He has a double-digit leads, as many of us in the base predicted, and yes, even Rush limbaugh said today that he refuses to attack trump.  "I won't come to his defense on everything, but I will not attack Trump..." right at the end of his broadcast today.

Maybe you can turn off the apprentice and give FOX news radio some love.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 04:00:16 PM »
yeah, you're the dude who told us the only way he makes a dent in the polls is by using his vast fortune $$$.

He has a double-digit leads, as many of us in the base predicted, and yes, even Rush limbaugh said today that he refuses to attack trump.  "I won't come to his defense on everything, but I will not attack Trump..." right at the end of his broadcast today.

Maybe you can turn off the apprentice and give FOX news radio some love.

Yes, he will hang around for a little while because of his money, name recognition, and liberals like you tripping all over themselves to give the man a platform.  You probably have 20 threads on the first page alone about Trump.  It's what you liberal lackeys do. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 04:16:57 PM »
Yes, he will hang around for a little while because of his money, name recognition, and liberals like you tripping all over themselves to give the man a platform.  You probably have 20 threads on the first page alone about Trump.  It's what you liberal lackeys do. 

Oh, so you have amended your original prediction.  Cool.  How long is "sticking around for a while"? 

and do "liberals like me" include RUSH LIMBAUGH, who said today that he refuses to join the liberals in bashing trump?  Quite the opposite from what you're saying, that libs are loving on him.  Maybe you missed the 24/7 lib trashing of Trump after his mccain quote?  ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 04:19:51 PM »
Oh, so you have amended your original prediction.  Cool.  How long is "sticking around for a while"? 

and do "liberals like me" include RUSH LIMBAUGH, who said today that he refuses to join the liberals in bashing trump?  Quite the opposite from what you're saying, that libs are loving on him.  Maybe you missed the 24/7 lib trashing of Trump after his mccain quote?  ;)

I haven't amended anything. 

Liberals like you include all the low information voters frothing at the mouth over Trump.  This is like a wet dream for you dummies.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2015, 04:20:27 PM »
It's a NEW ERA for politics.  The repubs have begun to slide into Trump's Liberal Trap.  While Hilary is giving canned stump speeches and being safe/boring, the repubs have actually disintegrated into NAME CALLING and GIVING OUT CELL PHONE NUMBERS.  

Donald Trump Escalates Feud With 'Idiot' Lindsey Graham In South Carolina

Source: Huffpo

Real estate mogul Donald Trump took his feud with Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) to new heights on Tuesday by hurling insults at the senator in his home state of South Carolina and giving out his personal cell phone number to the public.

Addressing supporters at a campaign rally in Bluffton, Trump recalled hearing Graham call him a "jackass" for questioning Sen. John McCain's (R-Ariz.) status as a war hero.

"I watched this idiot Lindsey Graham on television today and he calls me a jackass!" Trump remarked.

"I'm trying to be nice, I'm working hard to be nice," he added, before calling Graham a "total lightweight."

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-escalates-feud-with-idiot-lindsey-graham-in-south-carolina_55ae737ce4b0a9b9485298c7?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2015, 04:34:32 PM »

not true......I'm fascinated by the guy because he is saying things and venting the frustration toward politicians that the average American feels...I think a lot of people are living vicariously through Trump because they wish they could say these same things face to face to these politicians..

Remember..he did the same thing to president Obama in terms of the birth certificate issue

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 05:28:44 PM »

Trump doesn't give a fuck, so he'll continue saying whatever he wants, but look at the potential consequences down the road.  If, by some miracle, he were to be elected as President, he's going to have to work with the very same people he's calling stupid, idiots, etc.  Not wise if he really wants to accomplish something while in office.